Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Your feelings on the World League proposal (poll reset)

Are you:

For
10%
Against
90%

Total votes : 60
National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Re: Your feelings on the World League proposal (poll reset)

Postby sk 88 » Sun, 23 Jun 2019, 16:37

If World Rugby are serious they can start by dealing with the legitimate concerns, the more you trim away the legitimate concerns the more it becomes obvious to the passive majority that people are blocking it because they're just twats.

Legitimate concerns like REC not being a competition you could exist in. World Rugby can sort that (for the better of the game regardless of anything else), it can place a person with Rugby Europe full time to organise the games in proper stadiums, get the games onto TV both locally and in UK (as realistically you need that market to realise the competition exists) produced in a professional manner. People aren't going to invest emotionally in a substandard product. If they won't invest emotionally no one will invest financially.

The structure proposed was shit, they can read this thread for several better formats. I liked the ones the involved playing in the current windows as that also dealt with the player welfare and club crossover concerns.

National Flag:

Postby sk 88 » Sun, 23 Jun 2019, 16:47

Edgar wrote:I don't envisage a lot of change at international level, which is already approaching overload for the tier 1 teams. The evolution of the Autumn Tours has been a joy to behold, and hopefully they will continue to provide tier 2 nations with opportunities. I do think they should look at going back to a proper World Cup qualifying system in which all teams are required to earn their place. This provided the perfect opportunity for tier 2 and 3 nations to meet their first tier counterparts in meaningful competition, and while there were some blowouts, there were also some good, hard games - such as the Oceania group, from which subsequent World Cup winners Australia emerged. 99 is a long time ago and things have changed a lot since then. But probably the time has come to look beyond the international scene and encourage the continued development of professional rugby leagues around the world. This is the only way the emerging nations can really move forward. One thing World Rugby could do to help this along would be to sanction an official World Club Championship: https://www.theroar.com.au/2019/06/22/t ... mpionship/

It took me less than two sentences to work out who the "author" of this piece was.

EDIT: I mean the linked article.

Postby 4N » Sun, 23 Jun 2019, 16:51

Apparently he’s American now :?

National Flag:
WalesWales

Postby welshdragon2000 » Sun, 23 Jun 2019, 19:59

If the six nations were to go behind a paywall then surely ITV and BBC will look to fill the gaps in their schedule. Could it be a possibility that they will look to air a few REC matches in their stead? It’d be a big drop off from the 6N but it’s something that no one would have really watched before. Unlikely but we can hope. They could at least start by posting results on their website to raise awareness

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Sun, 23 Jun 2019, 20:24

Why would they spend money in a competition with no British involved? They would adquire a 6N highlights package plus women and U20 tournaments.

National Flag:
Vatican StateVatican State

Postby MikeN » Sun, 23 Jun 2019, 21:50

thatrugbyguy wrote:What if there was an option to move ahead with this concept in a different way? In other words if the Sanzaar nations are in that much of a need for money then what if a similar system were in place to what was proposed but keeps in other Asia/Pacific and Americas nations in the mix? This isn't an idea situation, nor is it particularly 100% fair on teams, but it's something of a compromise arrangement at least initially. What if the RC expands to 6 teams, but also include a promotion and relegation system from the Americas Rugby Championship and an Asian Pacific 6 Nations, with all three tournaments played at the same time.

Rugby Championship - Argentina, Australia, Japan, New Zealand, South Africa, USA
Asia Pacific Championship - Fiji, Tonga, Samoa, Korea, Hong Kong, Malaysia
Americas Rugby Championship - Canada, Brazil, Uruguay, Chile, Paraguay, Columbia

How would this work? The two tier two nations in the RC would have to playoff against the winners of the ARC and a newly formed Asia/Pacific 6 Nations for the right to remain in the competition the following year. The ultimate goal would be to develop the level competitiveness to a point where eventually there's a two up / two down system regardless of tier status. None of this is perfect by any means, and it's more me just tossing ideas out, but it's another concept to possibly consider. Europe would have to be developed into something on its own of course. Don't know, just throwing ideas out there.

I like it. Maybe just have two tournaments rather than 3 and all hosted at the same time by the same country or countries.
Have the B group play curtain raisers for the A tournament. And only every 4 years. I think I'd prefer a pure Sth Hemisphere comp but this would do.
Granted that Europe has something similar going on as well mind.

National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Postby Working Class Rugger » Mon, 24 Jun 2019, 01:46

thatrugbyguy wrote:What if there was an option to move ahead with this concept in a different way? In other words if the Sanzaar nations are in that much of a need for money then what if a similar system were in place to what was proposed but keeps in other Asia/Pacific and Americas nations in the mix? This isn't an idea situation, nor is it particularly 100% fair on teams, but it's something of a compromise arrangement at least initially. What if the RC expands to 6 teams, but also include a promotion and relegation system from the Americas Rugby Championship and an Asian Pacific 6 Nations, with all three tournaments played at the same time.

Rugby Championship - Argentina, Australia, Japan, New Zealand, South Africa, USA
Asia Pacific Championship - Fiji, Tonga, Samoa, Korea, Hong Kong, Malaysia
Americas Rugby Championship - Canada, Brazil, Uruguay, Chile, Paraguay, Columbia

How would this work? The two tier two nations in the RC would have to playoff against the winners of the ARC and a newly formed Asia/Pacific 6 Nations for the right to remain in the competition the following year. The ultimate goal would be to develop the level competitiveness to a point where eventually there's a two up / two down system regardless of tier status. None of this is perfect by any means, and it's more me just tossing ideas out, but it's another concept to possibly consider. Europe would have to be developed into something on its own of course. Don't know, just throwing ideas out there.

I actually quite like it. Run them all at the same time with the winner of the APRC and ARC playing off for a chance play the last placed team in the RC for a spot in the next years competition. Hell, if SANZAAR wanted to get real ballsy they could do this with Africa and Europe as well. So you would have the 6 team RC 1st Div. and a 2nd Div of 4 x 6. It wouldn't need a great deal of investment in terms of structure as all the pieces are already in existence. The key would be developing the commercial elements of the 2nd Div. competitions.

The goal could be to in time grow the RC from 6 to 8 spots and in time potentially 10 or 12.

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby Edgar » Mon, 24 Jun 2019, 06:57

One thing rugby union needs to be mindful of is the fact its league counterpart is currently making a huge bid to win over Pacific Island hearts and minds. The Australian government has thrown its weight behind this as it sees the sport as a means by which to offset the growing influence of China in the region. The relaxed eligibility rules, increased contacts, sundry tournaments and multitudinous war dances are all part of a concerted effort to usurp union as the primary sport of the Pacific Island community. A fifth of the players at the last rugby union World Cup were Pacific Islanders, with more than half the teams present including at least one in their squad. This is a tremendous asset to union, which we ignore at our peril. The time has come to bring the Pacific Islands fully on board. Including both Fiji and Samoa on the World Rugby board was an important step in the right direction. Now it's time to start treating them as equals on the playing field.

National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Postby Working Class Rugger » Thu, 27 Jun 2019, 06:52

I've been thinking a bit of where to next after the failed bid. And what would be the best format to achieve a more equal playing field. And I've come to a conclusion that I think would work out for the best all round that would take unprecedented levels of cooperation (which means it'll never happen) to achieve but is something I think WR should seriously consider. A unified schedule. Not just at the Test level but incorporating clubs as well. So here it is.

The year will kick off with a 6 week Test window that would see the 6Ns, an expanded RC, ARC, REC, PNC etc. played out in full. This would occupy much of the current 6Ns window with a minor alteration in moving it forward by a fortnight to mid-Jan so as to be over by March. From March all club/provincial leagues kick off. The allotted time frame for this would be 26 weeks working off an average season length of 22 round plus a top 6 finals series. The respective competitions don't have to go this long but they cannot exceed it. So SR could run for 16 rounds and fit but the Top 14 would have to alter its schedule as it would exceed it. This would also extend to the likes of the MLR, Top League, RPRL etc. Beyond that would be another 8 week window for Test Rugby with an alternating touring schedule in which year on year 3 NH would tour the SH while 3 SH would tour the NH. The goal would be to have each respective touring side to play at least two games against a T2 nation or even 3.

So for example. In one year Aus, NZ and Japan could tour the NH and play Wales, France and Italy. But while they are also there they have to play at least 1 game against one of the 6 REC nations. Potentially 2 or 3. Using Aus as an example they could play the 3 aforementioned nations and then Georgia and Spain. While NZ would play Romania and Russia while Japan would take on Belgium and Portugal.

While in the same year during the same window England, Ireland and Scotland would first play SA, Arg and Fiji and then play two teams from either the PNC and ARC. Or the ones not touring at that time as well.

Because each of them will also tour NH/SH on alternating schedules playing against at 1st their T2 rivals and then the T1 nations for again at least 2 games. So alongside my first example the likes of the USA, Uruguay, Chile, Hong Kong (Asia and Oceania would be merged in the PNC to become the A-PNC), Brazil and Tonga would also be in the NH playing. While Samoa, Korea, Canada, Colombia, Namibia etc. would host the above three T1 after playing touring T2 rivals. I should also point out that if they were to go for 3 crossover games the 3rd would be against a team from their respective hemisphere.

All Rugby would end by mid November giving the players between a 6-10 week break (depending on whether they play Test Rugby at the end of every year. I know this wouldn't leave any room for the European structures which would be right but they could be replaced by a Club World Cup (with a 2nd Tier tournament for Top League, MLR, RPRL etc. called the Club World Trophy) featuring the top 4 teams from each league playing off in a sudden death format over 4 weeks to crown the Club World Champion.

Total playing weeks would be 38-40 that would include 26 weeks of club play be it in league for CWC plus up to a further 14 in Test windows (which could feature up to 180 total fixtures with 1/4 or 45 of them being crossover games) but crucially ensuring all T1, T2 and even a greater number of T3 nations play 10/11 Tests a year possibly even 12. This would provide a far fairer and arguably more lucrative schedule all round.

In terms of issues that will likely arise there are two that come immediately to mind. 1) The Top 14. They likely won't want to reduce their season and will make it difficult and 2) Seasonality. The issue of summer and heat most notably. There could be an argument made for a flip in the schedule but the facts are the SH summer is both warmer and far more humid in general which needs to be taken into account. The benefit of playing in the warmer months up north could be the style of play being more suited to dry weather Rugby which could help with drawing in more interest.
Last edited by Working Class Rugger on Thu, 27 Jun 2019, 08:07, edited 3 times in total.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Thu, 27 Jun 2019, 07:34

Edgar wrote:The relaxed eligibility rules

What do you mean by this? The eligibility rules were never stricter than they are now with 5 years of residency. There are simply a lot of PIs searching for a better life abroad. I mean NZ has a really small numbers of foreign born players, but a lot of players whose parents immigrated to NZ.
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Thu, 27 Jun 2019, 07:49

As it failed now we can safely say, that is was basically tanked by the 6N Ltd. As this company is based in Ireland due to tax reasons, maybe that's the time to sue them under EU competition laws. They chose to be a company, they should be held accountable for being one.

If you read papers about the EU sports politics and what should be achieved through sport, the 6N Ltd. are more than just a red flag. They are a blinking sign with red arrows pointing at the word "sue me as I am a non-inclusive, discriminatory, competition-fighting monopoly" on it. I would bet, that World Rugby, also based in Ireland would lose a case as well, as they promote those company's teams clearly over other nations. Same goes for national quotas in England and Ireland. If somebody sues them, they are f***d.

We can also safely assume, that with the incompentent government not being able to achieve a Brexit, the UK will be in no position whatsoever to even deny such a basic position about open sport in the EU, if they want even the slightest trade arrangements if the Brexit still happens.
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:

Postby Edgar » Thu, 27 Jun 2019, 08:32

RugbyLiebe wrote:

What do you mean by this? The eligibility rules were never stricter than they are now with 5 years of residency. There are simply a lot of PIs searching for a better life abroad. I mean NZ has a really small numbers of foreign born players, but a lot of players whose parents immigrated to NZ.

You do realise that comment was about league, not union? https://www.rnz.co.nz/international/pac ... ague-teams

National Flag:

Postby sk 88 » Thu, 27 Jun 2019, 10:31

Working Class Rugger wrote:I've been thinking a bit of where to next after the failed bid. And what would be the best format to achieve a more equal playing field. And I've come to a conclusion that I think would work out for the best all round that would take unprecedented levels of cooperation (which means it'll never happen) to achieve but is something I think WR should seriously consider. A unified schedule. Not just at the Test level but incorporating clubs as well. So here it is.

The year will kick off with a 6 week Test window that would see the 6Ns, an expanded RC, ARC, REC, PNC etc. played out in full. This would occupy much of the current 6Ns window with a minor alteration in moving it forward by a fortnight to mid-Jan so as to be over by March. From March all club/provincial leagues kick off. The allotted time frame for this would be 26 weeks working off an average season length of 22 round plus a top 6 finals series. The respective competitions don't have to go this long but they cannot exceed it. So SR could run for 16 rounds and fit but the Top 14 would have to alter its schedule as it would exceed it. This would also extend to the likes of the MLR, Top League, RPRL etc. Beyond that would be another 8 week window for Test Rugby with an alternating touring schedule in which year on year 3 NH would tour the SH while 3 SH would tour the NH. The goal would be to have each respective touring side to play at least two games against a T2 nation or even 3.

So for example. In one year Aus, NZ and Japan could tour the NH and play Wales, France and Italy. But while they are also there they have to play at least 1 game against one of the 6 REC nations. Potentially 2 or 3. Using Aus as an example they could play the 3 aforementioned nations and then Georgia and Spain. While NZ would play Romania and Russia while Japan would take on Belgium and Portugal.

While in the same year during the same window England, Ireland and Scotland would first play SA, Arg and Fiji and then play two teams from either the PNC and ARC. Or the ones not touring at that time as well.

Because each of them will also tour NH/SH on alternating schedules playing against at 1st their T2 rivals and then the T1 nations for again at least 2 games. So alongside my first example the likes of the USA, Uruguay, Chile, Hong Kong (Asia and Oceania would be merged in the PNC to become the A-PNC), Brazil and Tonga would also be in the NH playing. While Samoa, Korea, Canada, Colombia, Namibia etc. would host the above three T1 after playing touring T2 rivals. I should also point out that if they were to go for 3 crossover games the 3rd would be against a team from their respective hemisphere.

All Rugby would end by mid November giving the players between a 6-10 week break (depending on whether they play Test Rugby at the end of every year. I know this wouldn't leave any room for the European structures which would be right but they could be replaced by a Club World Cup (with a 2nd Tier tournament for Top League, MLR, RPRL etc. called the Club World Trophy) featuring the top 4 teams from each league playing off in a sudden death format over 4 weeks to crown the Club World Champion.

Total playing weeks would be 38-40 that would include 26 weeks of club play be it in league for CWC plus up to a further 14 in Test windows (which could feature up to 180 total fixtures with 1/4 or 45 of them being crossover games) but crucially ensuring all T1, T2 and even a greater number of T3 nations play 10/11 Tests a year possibly even 12. This would provide a far fairer and arguably more lucrative schedule all round.

In terms of issues that will likely arise there are two that come immediately to mind. 1) The Top 14. They likely won't want to reduce their season and will make it difficult and 2) Seasonality. The issue of summer and heat most notably. There could be an argument made for a flip in the schedule but the facts are the SH summer is both warmer and far more humid in general which needs to be taken into account. The benefit of playing in the warmer months up north could be the style of play being more suited to dry weather Rugby which could help with drawing in more interest.

No thanks.

Not interested in summer rugby. At all.

If we want a "global season" it needs to be able to incorporate seasonality or is a non-starter.

Simpler solution is to play Rugby Championship at same time as 6N, could shift 6N a week or so later to help. We then have three international windows, Autumn, Spring and Summer. Each country can pick where it wants to fit its break, be it in December/January/February or July/August, or whenever, depending on local circumstances.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Thu, 27 Jun 2019, 11:17

Edgar wrote:
RugbyLiebe wrote:

You do realise that comment was about league, not union? https://www.rnz.co.nz/international/pac ... ague-teams

I did not. Thanks for the clarification. Now it makes more sense :D
There were eligibility rules in Rugby League? I thought it was always Australians and Northern English guys playing for a country somebody of their ancestors came from with no eligibility rules whatsoever. Did I get that right, that they made the nation hopping easier?

National Flag:

Postby Edgar » Thu, 27 Jun 2019, 11:27

:lol: Indeed. As mentioned, league is really targeting the Pacific Island community right now, due in no small part to China's growing economic influence in the region. But they're also desperate for a more competitive World Cup to rival union's and give the appearance of a world game. That's one thing league isn't, however. They simply haven't laid the groundwork.

National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Postby Working Class Rugger » Fri, 28 Jun 2019, 02:14

sk 88 wrote:
Working Class Rugger wrote:I've been thinking a bit of where to next after the failed bid. And what would be the best format to achieve a more equal playing field. And I've come to a conclusion that I think would work out for the best all round that would take unprecedented levels of cooperation (which means it'll never happen) to achieve but is something I think WR should seriously consider. A unified schedule. Not just at the Test level but incorporating clubs as well. So here it is.

No thanks.

Not interested in summer rugby. At all.

If we want a "global season" it needs to be able to incorporate seasonality or is a non-starter.

Simpler solution is to play Rugby Championship at same time as 6N, could shift 6N a week or so later to help. We then have three international windows, Autumn, Spring and Summer. Each country can pick where it wants to fit its break, be it in December/January/February or July/August, or whenever, depending on local circumstances.

Why would summer Rugby be of no interest? Surely sitting in the stands watching a twilight game in the spring/summer would be more appealing than sitting in the same stands in the cold and driving rain?

National Flag:

Postby Tobar » Fri, 28 Jun 2019, 03:54

RugbyLiebe wrote:
Edgar wrote:
RugbyLiebe wrote:

There were eligibility rules in Rugby League? I thought it was always Australians and Northern English guys playing for a country somebody of their ancestors came from with no eligibility rules whatsoever. Did I get that right, that they made the nation hopping easier?

My favorite is when there was a single game held in South America then all the League fans come out with “that’s it, the continent is ours!”

National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Postby Working Class Rugger » Fri, 28 Jun 2019, 05:38

Tobar wrote:
RugbyLiebe wrote:
Edgar wrote:
RugbyLiebe wrote:

My favorite is when there was a single game held in South America then all the League fans come out with “that’s it, the continent is ours!”

I liked it when they announced Peru had a national RL team only for it to be entirely based in Sydney and full of Australians of Peruvian ancestry.

National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Postby Working Class Rugger » Fri, 28 Jun 2019, 05:48

Edgar wrote::lol: Indeed. As mentioned, league is really targeting the Pacific Island community right now, due in no small part to China's growing economic influence in the region. But they're also desperate for a more competitive World Cup to rival union's and give the appearance of a world game. That's one thing league isn't, however. They simply haven't laid the groundwork.

I mean, is it? They are certainly making a show of the whole RL thing in the media but if you look at the squad lists for Tonga, Samoa and Fiji you're gonna find a lot of born and raised Aussies and Kiwis in all of them. Which is how it always has been. I mean they had a Fiji Residents vs Tonga Residents game a couple of weeks back in Fiji played in front of what would have been a little more than family and friends. RL has always been very good on wrapping players in national colours and trying to display relevancy. Only usually to be found out not long after. Take the USA for example. The RLWC held in England the USA RL team was essentially a bunch of blokes with loose links to the US given a jersey. Pretty much the entire squad had to learn the US national anthem before the first game. But they got the desired result in making the quarter finals.

In the recent edition the US featured a lot more actual Americans and were soundly beaten in every game being completely out of the depth. Mainly because RL has never actually done anything to develop the game in the States and the national league (which is exclusively on the East Coast) has never managed to grow beyond 10 teams with a number coming and going or never getting off the ground. All the PI's are to RL and in particular the NRL is a talent source. For all the crap WR cops about not giving them enough attention they invest more actual $ in the region on an annual basis than RL has done over the past 10-15 years.

National Flag:

Postby Edgar » Fri, 28 Jun 2019, 06:58

I liked it when they announced Peru had a national RL team only for it to be entirely based in Sydney and full of Australians of Peruvian ancestry.

The Turkish team at last year's emerging RL World Cup had 4 players from Turkey, all very recent converts from union - and all still playing union as well as league. I think they were just the only 4 guys who could afford their passage to Australia for the occasion.

National Flag:

Postby sk 88 » Fri, 28 Jun 2019, 11:07

Working Class Rugger wrote:Why would summer Rugby be of no interest? Surely sitting in the stands watching a twilight game in the spring/summer would be more appealing than sitting in the same stands in the cold and driving rain?

Twilight at this time of year is about 10 o'clock!!! It also rains in the summer almost as much as the winter.

Personally I dislike the hot late season games a lot more than the cold ones, at least when it's cold the crowd keeps you warm. When its already 25+ degrees you feel like you are about to die. There is also a lot of other stuff on in the summer as the sporting/social calendar is pretty mature. There is not "room" to just go to summer as it is when you have holidays, musical festivals, Wimbledon, the flat horse racing season, tennis, golf, cricket among others. In the Autumn/winter you have fewer competitors (football and TV, a little bit of jump racing in Spring) and have been developing your audience for 100+ years. The move we've just done two weeks into June is not proving popular, though next year will be the first test.

There is no "need" to shift the western European game to summer for climate or popularity reasons, so if the *only* reason to do it is to suit a "global" calendar then, just no. Not a solution worth trying. Not a risk worth taking. It's not helped rugby league at all and with the integrated calendars in England and France you'd either have to shift the whole amateur game too (which would never happen) or have to draw a line somewhere and the people who felt they were on the wrong side would bitterly oppose it.

I'm not just being difficult, this is genuinely not an option worth considering because it won't happen.

National Flag:

Postby Edgar » Fri, 28 Jun 2019, 11:31

I was surprised to learn from the Slava-Kuban fans on YouTube yesterday that Russia has a summer rugby season. Of course, many parts of that giant country get extremely hot and humid. I would've thought nations like Russia and China would be more suited to spring and autumn sports, like North America.

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Postby Blurandski » Fri, 28 Jun 2019, 12:39

Working Class Rugger wrote:Why would summer Rugby be of no interest? Surely sitting in the stands watching a twilight game in the spring/summer would be more appealing than sitting in the same stands in the cold and driving rain?

Summer is an awful time to do stuff, it's destroying league up here.

There's far more to do in the summer than winter, if you factor in two weddings, two festivals, two trips to see mates and a 9 day holiday covering two weekends that's 8 fixtures already missed at least, which makes season tickets not make sense. My local League club collapsed despite having 30 odd players in training, because most of the time at least half the squad was doing stuff. Plus I lots of Europe it's way too hot to play in summer. Generally the only ones interested in Western Europe having a summer season are from the other side of the world.

National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Postby Canadian_Rugger » Fri, 28 Jun 2019, 13:41

I don't think International Rugby Union is in any danger from League. I am a Rugby League fan and I think the international game is pretty dumb and a waste of time tbh.

The NRL is probably the top Rugby Competition of either code in the World and Super League could be close if the Northern English weren't so insular and actually tried to grow the sport professionally beyond the M62.

Rugby League should forget trying to have an International game and focus on developing two top notch professional competitions with am expanded World Club Championship. Additional teams in France, NZ and North America are all doable with the right approach.

National Flag:

Postby Edgar » Fri, 28 Jun 2019, 13:55

With you all the way. NRL is not only a great competition, most of the teams are in the same city. Their profit margins must be huge! & State of Origin is even better. If they dropped the charade of being a world game, I would have no issues with the 13-man-code at all. In fact, I have played league myself, as well as union. I also think it's emerged as the better spectator sport, especially for the unindoctrinated. Rugby has become a little too complicated and the bashing away at the line from rucks and mauls (often culminating in one of the forwards burrowing across) is a real blight on the game from a spectator's point of view. I don't see any reason why the sports shouldn't co-exist, like NFL and Canadian Football. More opportunities for the players, more entertainment for the fans. I also think a union State of Origin could be something to consider, now that the Aussies have 4 Super Rugby franchises plus the Force. Why not pinch one of league's best ideas for a change? :twisted:

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum