Postby 4N » Sun, 10 Feb 2019, 03:56

Full match Brazil vs Canada

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Re: 2019 Americas Rugby Championship

Postby victorsra » Sun, 10 Feb 2019, 04:31

TheStroBro wrote:
4N wrote:45-14 FT

Flo (US rights holder) stopped tweeting updates after Lasike’s red card. Real professionals. :thumbup:

That match was awful. The referee teams needs to be restricted from international level following remedial training. I'm angry. With a better a ref team control isn't lost and it remains a safer environment for the players whom although barely acquainted seemed to be out for blood.

Lasike getting a red there, no. It's a Yellow on both, he didn't stamp on his head he stamped on his back. He Also forcefully pushed Osadszuk three times and Osadszuk refused to let go of his leg. He's lucky he didn't get kicked in the face.

With a better ref team do we win, don't think so but it would have been a more competitive match for damn sure.

I understand you are angry but the referee only followed what World Rugby wants about head contact. No other option rather than red... If he had kicked any other part fine, we 'd discuss Osadszuk. But the head or the back of it (as dangerous as the head), sorry, definitly red.
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby TheStroBro » Sun, 10 Feb 2019, 04:47

He stamped his back. If you're saying it was neck or head I'd like to have you checked at your optometrist! :lol:

The ref lost control of the game, that wasn't the only problem. U8s for him!

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Sun, 10 Feb 2019, 05:14

The back of the neck. Really bad. Pretend he's not wearing USA shirt and you'll agree with the red.

National Flag:

Postby TheStroBro » Sun, 10 Feb 2019, 15:16

It was on the back. Both yellows or no call.

National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Postby Thomas » Sun, 10 Feb 2019, 15:34

Saw the match this morning, that was a straight red. anything above the shoulders should be protected. there is a discipline issue with the USA right now, Carlin Isles incident in the 7's doesn't help matters.

National Flag:

Postby TheStroBro » Sun, 10 Feb 2019, 15:42

Thomas wrote:Saw the match this morning, that was a straight red. anything above the shoulders should be protected. there is a discipline issue with the USA right now, Carlin Isles incident in the 7's doesn't help matters.

There's no discipline issue with our side. The 7s team does not interact with the XVs and Carlin Isles was despicable.

You don't come out and say we have a discipline issue when Arg XV were cheating throughout the game and the ref is conveniently looking the other way. The response is called frustration.

But I guess this is what happens after we've had a run of some of the best referees in the world.

National Flag:

Postby Thomas » Sun, 10 Feb 2019, 15:49

TheStroBro wrote:
Thomas wrote:Saw the match this morning, that was a straight red. anything above the shoulders should be protected. there is a discipline issue with the USA right now, Carlin Isles incident in the 7's doesn't help matters.

There's no discipline issue with our side. The 7s team does not interact with the XVs and Carlin Isles was despicable.

You don't come out and say we have a discipline issue when Arg XV were cheating throughout the game and the ref is conveniently looking the other way. The response is called frustration.

But I guess this is what happens after we've had a run of some of the best referees in the world.

That maybe so about the quality of the refereeing, I agree Argentina had your number and where playing borderline with the laws I am not denying that. but you don't go and hit someone's neck or head. World Rugby and here England Rugby have bombarded us about protection and reduce head injuries and concussion. If the USA team doesn't like the ref there are channels with the assessors but don't say he looks the other way.

I know some of them and is hard enough for them as it is. Frustration doesn't justify the actions.

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Sun, 10 Feb 2019, 16:06

Be sure everybody in WR's refereeing department applauded the red. Just follow their work.

National Flag:

Postby Thomas » Sun, 10 Feb 2019, 16:32

Here's the full match.

National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Postby snapper37 » Mon, 11 Feb 2019, 02:45

TheStroBro wrote:He stamped his back. If you're saying it was neck or head I'd like to have you checked at your optometrist! :lol:

The ref lost control of the game, that wasn't the only problem. U8s for him!

A stomp is a red card. Gone are the days of "as long as it was a backward motion"

National Flag:

Postby Suiram » Mon, 11 Feb 2019, 04:18

I agree it needed to be a red anywhere near the neck. The comment I made in the match thread stands though. The match at that point was already out of hand because the ref either couldn’t keep up or just was not up to standard for this level of rugby.

It’s not magic. When a ref is not in control and is letting things go, teams adjust. Argentina was throwing a lot of bullshit out there hoping to see it slide and it did.

The reality was that the US fell apart because they couldn’t adjust to play to the ref. The idea that the US has discipline issues is laughable (give me one example? Carlin isles is not it). They do have issues with adjusting to adversity. And as I said before this is a lesson for the RWC. The ref won’t be incompetent but against 3 T1 sides you can guess the way 50/50 calls could go and if our team can not overcome that, we will lose big.

The loss is on the eagles, but I do believe genuinely that with a different ref, it would have stayed closer longer.

For last reference, almost all the egregious calls I am recalling happened before the red. And to hopefully avoid any hostile responses. That Argentina side played fast and aggressive and were impressive young players.

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Mon, 11 Feb 2019, 19:02

Brazil - Chile match of March 2nd will be in the city of Jundiaí (São Paulo state), 50 km from São Paulo city. Jundiaí has 400.000 people and is halfway from São Paulo City to Campinas, being part of a São Paulo State megalopolis.

It is a rich city with 1 rugby club, Wallys Rugby Clube, just relegated in 2018 from São Paulo's 2nd to 2019's 3rd division. But Wallys has recently played the state top division and Taça Tupi (Brazilian 2nd division).

The match will be at the Estadio Jayme Cintra (official capacity of 28.000), home of Paulista FC, a traditional football club, astonishing 2005 Brazil Cup champions, that since it experienced a nightmare that took them to São Paulo's 4th division... there are talks about Red Bull buying that club and move its unsupported Red Bull Brasil FC to the city.

Meanwhile, Jayme Cintra is not that busy and can be an interesting place for rugby, as there are many clubs around in São Paulo-Jundiaí-Campinas axis. Let's hope there is a better public and a proper promotion in the city.

BTW, Brazil - Canada had only 1100 people... very bad marketing work for the ARC from CBRu...

National Flag:
WalesWales

Postby Figaro » Mon, 11 Feb 2019, 20:05

Canalina wrote:Congrats Brazil, always more and more surprising

Sorry if I say a silly thing: is this the first time they defeat a World Cup team?

They beat the USA a couple years ago

National Flag:
UruguayUruguay

Postby qwerty » Mon, 11 Feb 2019, 20:42

Hey Victor, where did you get the info for the BRA CAN attendance?

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Mon, 11 Feb 2019, 20:43

That's the 2nd time we beat Canada in a test match. We beat them in 2017 as well, 24-23. This means it is the 3rd time we beat a RWC team (although one can argue about the quality of the opponnents' squads).

That was anounced in the stadium.

National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Postby snapper37 » Mon, 11 Feb 2019, 22:08

victorsra wrote:That's the 2nd time we beat Canada in a test match. We beat them in 2017 as well, 24-23. This means it is the 3rd time we beat a RWC team (although one can argue about the quality of the opponnents' squads).

That was anounced in the stadium.

Canada has beat France,Wales and Scotland and one can argue the quality of their teams. You beat us, own it. We were terrible.

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Tue, 12 Feb 2019, 02:17

BTW, AFAIK Chile vs Argentina is the only match without a venue yet.. it is just listed as Santiago. Any news?

National Flag:
UruguayUruguay

Postby qwerty » Tue, 12 Feb 2019, 02:44

They should play in Parque Mahuida. It's got a reasonable capacity, and it's a rugby-specific field, and conveniently located.

National Flag:

Postby TheStroBro » Thu, 14 Feb 2019, 02:43

Paul Lasike has been suspended four weeks for his red card offense. Original sanction was 6 weeks. Due to mitigating factors and his obvious contrition :| in front of the judicial panel it has been reduced to four.

National Flag:

Postby Suiram » Thu, 14 Feb 2019, 14:17

We knew he’d get something but maybe a little surprising that he got a week more than Arata

Postby 4N » Thu, 14 Feb 2019, 14:40

Suiram wrote:We knew he’d get something but maybe a little surprising that he got a week more than Arata

What’s surprising is that Arata got off so lightly. Both are short bans.

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Thu, 14 Feb 2019, 15:29

TheStroBro wrote:Paul Lasike has been suspended four weeks for his red card offense. Original sanction was 6 weeks. Due to mitigating factors and his obvious contrition :| in front of the judicial panel it has been reduced to four.

With this I must agree wth you StoBro. As there was faul play from the Argentine player and Lasike only wanted to move there shoudn't be a heavy suspension...

Arata in the other hand received a light one as what he did had no excuse.

IMHO

National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Postby snapper37 » Thu, 14 Feb 2019, 18:41

victorsra wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:Paul Lasike has been suspended four weeks for his red card offense. Original sanction was 6 weeks. Due to mitigating factors and his obvious contrition :| in front of the judicial panel it has been reduced to four.

With this I must agree wth you StoBro. As there was faul play from the Argentine player and Lasike only wanted to move there shoudn't be a heavy suspension...

IMHO

I disagree. The stomp to the head was a deliberate act, he stood above the player and had time to think of his actions. Where as the dangerous tackle was just a mess of timing and follow through along with a combination of the tacklee's body position. I believe both are suspendible actions, its just that they should have suspended for games instead of weeks.

National Flag:

Postby TheStroBro » Thu, 14 Feb 2019, 20:08

snapper37 wrote:
victorsra wrote:

IMHO

I disagree. The stomp to the head was a deliberate act, he stood above the player and had time to think of his actions. Where as the dangerous tackle was just a mess of timing and follow through along with a combination of the tacklee's body position. I believe both are suspendible actions, its just that they should have suspended for games instead of weeks.

Uh, it was on the back. Not the head. Arata had definite intent and got lucky.

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum