Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Watching RWC

National Flag:
WalesWales

Watching RWC

Postby dwpeate » Sun, 03 Feb 2019, 18:13

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone recalls being able to see all or any world cup games from previous tournaments on the World Rugby website?

I have just seen this on the RWC site: "Watch the Rugby World Cup online or on our broadcast partner channels."

Doing my research, well ahead of time, as I will be on honeymoon in Mexico for the third week and most of fourth week of pool games... :twisted:

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Re: Watching RWC

Postby Tobar » Mon, 04 Feb 2019, 00:17

If I'm not mistaken, ESPN has most of the rights to rugby in Latin America. If no one has the rights, then they should be available via the website. I honestly can't remember if Mexico is one of those countries.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Mon, 04 Feb 2019, 07:54

Tobar wrote:If I'm not mistaken, ESPN has most of the rights to rugby in Latin America. If no one has the rights, then they should be available via the website. I honestly can't remember if Mexico is one of those countries.

What Tobar wrote. While I am always an advocate of legal viewing, if you think about a stream anyway, I am quite sure, you'll find a way to watch it ;-)
As the World Cup is on some free-tv-channels, the options should be quite a few per game as well.

Enjoy your honeymoon!
Last edited by RugbyLiebe on Mon, 04 Feb 2019, 12:18, edited 1 time in total.
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:
WalesWales

Postby dwpeate » Mon, 04 Feb 2019, 10:54

RugbyLiebe wrote:
Tobar wrote:If I'm not mistaken, ESPN has most of the rights to rugby in Latin America. If no one has the rights, then they should be available via the website. I honestly can't remember if Mexico is one of those countries.

What Tobar wrote. While I am always an advocate of legal viewing, if you think about a stream anyway, I am quite sure, you'll find a way to watch it ;-)
As the World Cup is on some free-tv-channels, the options should be quite a view per game as well.

Enjoy your honeymoon!

Thanks!

Will keep an eye on news of broadcasters as we get nearer to the time. I managed to watch all of rwc 15 live as a student so hopefully i can get close this year (maybe save some for the plane so the wife doesn't tell me off)

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby Tobar » Mon, 04 Feb 2019, 13:35

I’m assuming you’re going to Cancun? If not and you’re going to Mexico City I know of some expat bars.

Just remember though, in Mexico all of the games will be on at around 3-5am so I highly doubt you’ll find them on live TV or be able to go to a bar. You may have to find a stream to watch the following morning.

National Flag:
WalesWales

Postby dwpeate » Mon, 04 Feb 2019, 20:10

Tobar wrote:I’m assuming you’re going to Cancun? If not and you’re going to Mexico City I know of some expat bars.

Just remember though, in Mexico all of the games will be on at around 3-5am so I highly doubt you’ll find them on live TV or be able to go to a bar. You may have to find a stream to watch the following morning.

Playa del Carmen - that is also true of course! I was thinking if they maybe streamed on YouTube they might be watchable after. Other wise I think it might be a VPN and home broadcaster on catch up if I can get away with it

Return to Rugby Forum