Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

9 February, Romania vs Georgia, 2019 REC

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: 9 February, Romania vs Georgia, 2019 REC

Postby SHIZZZO » Sat, 09 Feb 2019, 12:57

It is a shame we did not capitalize on our chances later in the half. Hope we will attack more in the second and stop making those stupid mistakes.
You are terminated!

National Flag:
NetherlandsNetherlands

Postby NedRugby » Sat, 09 Feb 2019, 13:02

Looking at the empty stadium during HT. I think the spectator must have gone for a beer.

National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Postby thatrugbyguy » Sat, 09 Feb 2019, 13:07

Something's got to be done about the REC marketing. We can't keep up this mediocrity.

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Sat, 09 Feb 2019, 13:12

I must say it's a decent crowd for Cluj standards. How big the stadium is makes it look even worse, but in recent years we've seen truly abysmal ones.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Sat, 09 Feb 2019, 13:29

thatrugbyguy wrote:Something's got to be done about the REC marketing. We can't keep up this mediocrity.

Image 8-)

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Sat, 09 Feb 2019, 13:45

I must say it's a decent crowd for Cluj standards. How big the stadium is makes it look even worse, but in recent years we've seen truly abysmal ones.

How many do yo believe?

Yes, one thing organizers must think about is where the camera will be and put all (or the big majority) the public in front of it in the lower stands.
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby datodato » Sat, 09 Feb 2019, 13:53

Respect to romania, they gave their best and were tough. Good maul, good kicking and good No15. All the best for the remainder of the REC, especially against Russia.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby SHIZZZO » Sat, 09 Feb 2019, 13:56

A lot of errors from Georgian side but in the end a well deserved win. Good luck to Romania, who fought hard.
You are terminated!

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Sat, 09 Feb 2019, 13:58

Final score: Romania - Georgia 9:18. Good second half performance for Georgia. I hope Aprasidze is not injured.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Sat, 09 Feb 2019, 14:04

It was pleasure listening to Matiashvili commentating. What a knowledgeable guy. Very calm and collected. Hopefully we'll see him on the field soon. First time in years I enjoyed listening to Georgian commentators, and they didn't give me a headache.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Sat, 09 Feb 2019, 14:51

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:Gogichashvili is eating Ursache.

The meaning of that in English is very different from Georgian :lol:
Don't Pray For Easy lives, Pray for enough Beer!

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Sat, 09 Feb 2019, 16:04

Bad performance from Georgia. Abzhandadze needs to take control of the gameplay like he did in U20s, i dont want to believe that his young age is intimidating him in senior's team. he can do waaay better...

1 - Gogichashvili - Brilliant guy! He destroyed Ursache, Cold blooded style. Good job
2 - Mamukashvili - very stable, good Hooker
3 - Gigashvili - he did very well, very good performance
4 - Gigauri - Nice guy, stong, but he lacks experience, i am sure he will play more for REC
5 - Nemsadze - Stable lock, nothing special, doing some hard work on the ground, Good job
6 - Saghinadze - descent performance but i think he needsto be more aggressive
7 - Tsutskiridze - WoW, he is tackling everything that is moving, really fast ball carrier, Very very Good!
8 - Gorgadze - No comment, Brilliant!
9 - Lobzhanidze - is showing some progress at last but he can do much better! Good job
10 - Abzhandadze - He can do waaay better!!! Hope he will demonstrate his abilities in next 4 matches
11 - Todua - stable wing, good defender, overall good
12 - Dzneladze - he was neutral, i was expecting more!
13 - Kveseladze - Overall Good! He had chance to put the ball on the tryline but missed that chance.
14 - Aptsiauri - Surprisingly good performance!
15 - Khmaladze - Bad, as usual

16 - Karkadze - 18 years old kid, 120kg! very good!!!!!!! Bravo Vano!
17 - Mataradze - Very Good!
18 - Chilachava - Very good
19 - Tcheishvili - Keep it up, He is progressing, exceptional physical power!
20 - Tkhilaishvili - Very good, as usual!
21 - Aprasidze - He had not enough time + injured
22 - Koshadze
23 - Modebadze - This guy has some talent just recovered from surgical operation and doing well.

Overall: Bad performance from Georgia, especially 1st half. Scrums were dominant but lineouts are problem! Aggressive defense needs to be brought back, Attacking play needs huge boost for next 8 month! Better 2nd half but still lots of misstakes!

About Referee! - Very bad referee! below average! REC and 2 best teams in it deserved better referee! god forgive me for saying this but even George Clancy sounds better! :D

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Victor » Sat, 09 Feb 2019, 16:30

So:
- 2 x brilliant
- 1 x very very good
- 5 x very good
- 6-7 x good
- a couple of neutral and could do better
- only 1x bad
and the overall assesment is bad performance for the team?

Going back to the game, I have mixed feelings about it. Overall, not as bad as the result shows, but still disappointing:
- lineout far better than the abysmal lineout from November, but, again, I have nothing personal with Capatana, but he totally killed what could have been an exciting end to the game. With Tincu being the best hooker we had in the past 30-40 years, one would think that this part of the game at least would work flawlessly with him as coach. Yet Capatina is still in the field butchering lineouts. Was Radoi injured? Did he retire? What about the young guys (Oancea?, Bardasu).
- a scrum half who we know is usually avoiding to tackle the oppostion players and is prone to doing sone foul play and getting a yellow card. If we know this, for sure every opposing team knows this. Yet he is in the starting XV. Now that he reached 100 caps can he please retire. It's a round and nice figure.
- defense on the wings leaves a lot to be desired. Young guys who still have a lot to learn, I know, but I am not completely convinced that they were the first choice for this game.
- lack of willingness to run from some players towards the end of the game. I do not know if it was due to lack of fitness or simply they did not give a damn. Hopefully the former.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby BigG » Sat, 09 Feb 2019, 18:53

I believe it was bad game for Georgia. Beka Gorgadze's fantastic try and few good defensive episodes do not change an overall picture.
Meantime . . . . oaks. My goodness, what is happening to this team.

Postby 4N » Sat, 09 Feb 2019, 18:56

Full match

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Sat, 09 Feb 2019, 20:01

BigG wrote:Meantime . . . . oaks. My goodness, what is happening to this team.

Lack of management and players considering themselves more than they are, meaning players. Frustrating locker room and lack of vision for the future, it was a meaningless match, sloppy selection and XV...like a computer which needs a restart that does not come.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby dans » Sat, 09 Feb 2019, 21:51

amz wrote:
BigG wrote:Meantime . . . . oaks. My goodness, what is happening to this team.

Lack of management and players considering themselves more than they are, meaning players. Frustrating locker room and lack of vision for the future, it was a meaningless match, sloppy selection and XV...like a computer which needs a restart that does not come.

Yeap,...still lots of soul searching to come and what is the direction we take!...Missing a real leader at the top (I mean union!...FRR) who can inspire, shake things up and bring everybody together.
Having a temporary head coach it means that only results 'now' will matter.
The fact that we struggled against (kind) a second string Georgia side that made many mistakes today, shows we are no longer in the same category.
Selection signals were a bit strange today, we defended better than in the autumn but we never look like scoring (tries). Maybe some tweaks here and there will help to find the best squad - shame the Georgia game had to be first, would have like a few games in the new formula. I think the ties against Spain and Russia will have a lot more meaning...and pressure...:)

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Sun, 10 Feb 2019, 08:49

Yes, I don't think is lack of players but rather lack of management. It is frustrating to see the same mistakes all over again.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Mon, 11 Feb 2019, 08:10

Congrats to Lelos! Deserved win.
We are trying to change things but with wrong people.
PS.How on Earth we still don't have TMO in REIC? Ok, if 1 or 2 countries can't provide this, let's have in the rest of it! Ah...and still i don't know if a game is on TV how you can't provide TMO?!

Previous

Return to Rugby Forum