18. Ryan Kotlewski – (Westshore RFC) Calgary, AB
19. Josh Larsen – (Austin Elite) Parksville, BC
20. Dustin Dobravsky – (Castaway Wanderers) Hanover, Germany
21. Jamie Mackenzie – (Toronto Arrows) Oakville, ON
22. Pat Parfrey – (Unattached) St. John’s, NL
23. Doug Fraser – (Austin Elite) Ladysmith, BC

USA
1. David Ainuu Toulouse (FRA)
2. Joe Taufete'e Worcester Warriors (ENG)
3. Paul Mullen Houston SaberCats
4. Ben Landry Ealing Trailfinders (ENG)
5. Nick Civetta Doncaster Knights (ENG)
6. John Quill Rugby United New York
7. Hanco Germishuys Glendale Raptors
8. Cam Dolan NOLA Gold

9. Shaun Davies Glendale Raptors
10. Will Magie Glendale Raptors
11. Mike Te'o San Diego Legion
12. Paul Lasike Harlequins (ENG)
13. Bryce Campbell London Irish (ENG)
14. Blaine Scully (C) Cardiff Blues (WAL)
15. Marcel Brache Western Force (AUS)

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Re: Canada vs USA March 8th

Postby TheStroBro » Thu, 07 Mar 2019, 19:54

Going USA (-7).

National Flag:
UruguayUruguay

Postby qwerty » Thu, 07 Mar 2019, 20:28

To see if I understand correctly, is Canada supposed to be playing this game at home?

Postby 4N » Thu, 07 Mar 2019, 21:47

TheStroBro wrote:Going USA (-7).

Think the US will look better with Ainuu starting. Eagles by 14.

Yes qwerty it is technically a “home” game for Canada but over the border in Seattle.

National Flag:

Postby TheStroBro » Sat, 09 Mar 2019, 05:11

Another reason why the World League is rubbish. This series would disappear.

National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Postby Run34 » Sat, 09 Mar 2019, 05:19

Pretty frustrating as a fan to see Canada constantly kicking possession away. Bordering on self-sabotage, I'd say. Up by 2 with 5 minutes remaining...let's put up a feeble box kick to give the United States another chance to win it. Which they would go on to do. Not a great decision from a team who desperately needed a win.

Was the game close? Definitely closer than I thought the scoreline would be, but still too many mistakes and too many poor decisions made. Same old story. I applaud the guys that put their bodies on the line, there's obviously a lot of heart out there but there needs to be some sound decision makers injected into this team. If the game plan is to constantly kick the ball away then perhaps some sound decision makers need to be injected into the coaching staff. I'm not sure. I do know that I'm getting very tired of just smiling and patting this team on the back whenever they come out second best, which is pretty much every time.

National Flag:

Postby TheStroBro » Sat, 09 Mar 2019, 05:27

When Ruben De Haas came on we started to zoom the attack. But...I think we had ten (or 30) handling errors in those last ten minutes or what not.

National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Postby marvinparsons » Sat, 09 Mar 2019, 05:57

I can't comprehend how, at the 78 minute mark of a physical game, Jones has Canada's starting front row on the pitch still. And then we get mauled by the USA front row who are all fresh I believe.

If you are one of the subs that didn't even get on what in the hell are you thinking about that decision?

National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Postby Was_a_Kat » Sat, 09 Mar 2019, 12:32

Run34 wrote:Pretty frustrating as a fan to see Canada constantly kicking possession away. Bordering on self-sabotage, I'd say. Up by 2 with 5 minutes remaining...let's put up a feeble box kick to give the United States another chance to win it. Which they would go on to do. Not a great decision from a team who desperately needed a win.

Was the game close? Definitely closer than I thought the scoreline would be, but still too many mistakes and too many poor decisions made. Same old story. I applaud the guys that put their bodies on the line, there's obviously a lot of heart out there but there needs to be some sound decision makers injected into this team. If the game plan is to constantly kick the ball away then perhaps some sound decision makers need to be injected into the coaching staff. I'm not sure. I do know that I'm getting very tired of just smiling and patting this team on the back whenever they come out second best, which is pretty much every time.

I just watched it in delay and noticed the same thing. Twice in the last 10 minutes McKenzie put up needless box kicks. At least set it up so that we can get the ball to 10 for a solid kick to touch. Sauder also kicked a fair bit of ball away.

Canada took two early penalties for not getting inside on kicks. Both were lazy, stupid penalties resulting in 8 points. The team lacks poise.

I liked Piffero and LeSage. I thought Blevins had a solid game.

The yellow card confused me a little at the end. You’ve had too many penalties this half. It didn’t seem like a cynical/repeated infringement or dirty play.

When McRorie kicked deep of the drop kick with two or so minutes left, the USA very nearly made a forward pass with no Canadian within 30 metres. Very close on replay.

National Flag:

Postby TheStroBro » Sat, 09 Mar 2019, 15:37

Was_a_Kat wrote:
I just watched it in delay and noticed the same thing. Twice in the last 10 minutes McKenzie put up needless box kicks. At least set it up so that we can get the ball to 10 for a solid kick to touch. Sauder also kicked a fair bit of ball away.

Canada took two early penalties for not getting inside on kicks. Both were lazy, stupid penalties resulting in 8 points. The team lacks poise.

I liked Piffero and LeSage. I thought Blevins had a solid game.

The yellow card confused me a little at the end. You’ve had too many penalties this half. It didn’t seem like a cynical/repeated infringement or dirty play.

When McRorie kicked deep of the drop kick with two or so minutes left, the USA very nearly made a forward pass with no Canadian within 30 metres. Very close on replay.

The best concept of what I got from what Pali Deluca did there was like in Basketball when a player fouls out. Committed too many penalties with high tackles that weren't considered cynical...but still too many.

Return to Rugby Forum