Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

9th March - Romania - Russia

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Re: 9March - Romania - Russia

Postby Vova12 » Sat, 09 Mar 2019, 15:07

Russia could have won in 2013 in Sochi but did not convert 8 penalties ...

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby BigG » Sat, 09 Mar 2019, 15:07

GeoRugby wrote:At the end of the game, Russian commentator said that Russia got two points out of it, but I think its only one.

Yes, only 1 point.

What I saw is that Russia could not manage to land the ball. I don't think it was a try. Referee was located on an opposite side of the landing.

It is disaster, there is no videoref at REC.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Sat, 09 Mar 2019, 15:10

If Georgia arrives in Krasnodar with a youth team will receive in a week ...

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Sat, 09 Mar 2019, 15:22

Vova12 wrote:If Georgia arrives in Krasnodar with a youth team will receive in a week ...

Even if Georgia clinches title tomorrow, I can almost guarantee that Georgia will arrive with their strongest team and they should, because Russia is improving. It is obvious. Unnecessary risks should not be taken by Haig.

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Sat, 09 Mar 2019, 15:27

Silver Fox wrote:From the RE tournament regulations:
A bonus point will be awarded for scoring 3 tries more than the opposition OR for a loss by 7 points or less

So it's only one bonus point for Russia.

I'm not sure that that line is clarifying the question. If that OR is excluding ("one thing or the other, not both") we would have a law saying that if you lose by five points you can't get the try-bonus, but if you lose by 55 points you can get the try-bonus. And it seems a bit illogical.
I know that it's not an important problem, it's just to understand

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Sat, 09 Mar 2019, 15:29

GeoRugby wrote:
Vova12 wrote:If Georgia arrives in Krasnodar with a youth team will receive in a week ...

Even if Georgia clinches title tomorrow, I can almost guarantee that Georgia will arrive with their strongest team and they should, because Russia is improving. It is obvious. Unnecessary risks should not be taken by Haig.

No wonder. Georgia always comes the strongest team in Russia )

Will Morozov play? Why sell players abroad?
What would they then no play for Russian team?
Ostrikov we saw very rarely, now we will not see Morozov ...
I think enough of fact that Russia is robbed by NHL!

National Flag:
St Pierre & MiquelonSt Pierre & Miquelon

Postby evil santa » Sat, 09 Mar 2019, 23:10

I see that here some are writing that there was no try, but you cannot say it for sure having only two close angles of view, to have the right judgment we need at least one more angle across the other side of the try line.
And I have not noticed any calls to at least sinbin Romanian no.5 for obvious foul play in this same episode - of course Russia no. 20 was wrong, but the retaliation was disgusting and I think it should be a direct red.

For me third quarter of the first half was full of quite marginal or strange decisions made by Charabas with the help of Cyrille LE GALL against Russia.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Zhenya_Zima » Sun, 10 Mar 2019, 00:14

Everyone who is saying it was no try is Russia sympathetic. We've had enough shit calls go against us to be able to put our hands up and say when we get one in our favour. Gadzhiev never grounded that over the line. As he's had what, 3? 4? legit tries scrubbed in one year, and this was a non-result altering thing, can anyone genuinely be pissed for him? (Goddamn there MUST be TMO next year)

Charabas was overly harsh on Romania for the first 20 (ish?), then even more overly on us for the next 20 as he (yeah, the AR was awful...) sought to find balance. If Selsky was a YC/PT, I think it's more than fair to say Romania's last 3 mins was a PT, too. But there you go. It's rugby, it's sport, it's human. The refs can't see everything, not everything gets judged the same, they're not robots, it's how it goes. Good job Oaks.

As said above, given our experience with JN in the Spain game, we NEED this as we are historically bad with reading refs and adjusting to them (Vas has massively improved here, shows for the team). Doesn't matter how bad the ref may be (the unnamed Canadian being the worst example), we play to their whistle. It's sport. This year REC is preparation for something bigger first and foremost. Which means today and Spain are actually positives, however much we'd like the W, the outcomes have actually been far more helpful to us bigger picture.

PS Can you put a number on "few" re: years Vova?!

National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Postby thatrugbyguy » Sun, 10 Mar 2019, 00:43

I only caught the second half but Russia should have won the match. That said, their backline play was significantly better than Romania's. In fact I would go so far to say having looked at their progress in this years tournament they are going to be significantly more challenging at the World Cup than they were in 2011, which is good because I was really worried they were going to be outclassed in Pool A. That opening match against Japan is going to be very interesting now. In my opinion, they have to target the Samoa match for a win.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Sun, 10 Mar 2019, 05:33

Vova12 wrote:We will defeat Georgia in next few years at least once ...

No, you will not... chances are less than 1%.

You want to beat Georgia with Sychevs and Garbuzovs? Not possible...

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Zhenya_Zima » Sun, 10 Mar 2019, 08:55

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:
Vova12 wrote:We will defeat Georgia in next few years at least once ...

No, you will not... chances are less than 1%.

You want to beat Georgia with Sychevs and Garbuzovs? Not possible...

I don’t think it’s happening any time soon, either, but it’s by no means as ridiculous as your post suggests.
Absolutely, the first thing needed for us to beat Georgia is this type of stupid arrogance to filter through to your playing staff.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Sick » Sun, 10 Mar 2019, 08:59

thatrugbyguy wrote:I only caught the second half but Russia should have won the match. That said, their backline play was significantly better than Romania's. In fact I would go so far to say having looked at their progress in this years tournament they are going to be significantly more challenging at the World Cup than they were in 2011, which is good because I was really worried they were going to be outclassed in Pool A. That opening match against Japan is going to be very interesting now. In my opinion, they have to target the Samoa match for a win.

So... you think Russia will be better at the World Cup becase they ALMOST beat the worst Oaks in modern history that have NO true centers in most lineups and play with 3-4 players that can't tackle to save their lives... really? Come on... :lol:

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Sun, 10 Mar 2019, 11:08

National Flag:
WalesWales

Postby dwpeate » Sun, 10 Mar 2019, 12:27

RE list Romania as scoring 2 tries but they only got the penalty try right? So Russia should have two BP?

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Sun, 10 Mar 2019, 21:03

evil santa wrote:I see that here some are writing that there was no try, but you cannot say it for sure having only two close angles of view, to have the right judgment we need at least one more angle across the other side of the try line.
And I have not noticed any calls to at least sinbin Romanian no.5 for obvious foul play in this same episode - of course Russia no. 20 was wrong, but the retaliation was disgusting and I think it should be a direct red.

For me third quarter of the first half was full of quite marginal or strange decisions made by Charabas with the help of Cyrille LE GALL against Russia.

If there is doubt about attacking squad grounded the ball, then they are awarded a 5-meters scrum. There was no grounding to award that try. As for having discipline complaints about Romanian squad, you must have seen a different game. I found disgusting you are disgusted by a phase in last minutes after 80 of Russian infringements. I suspect they don't know English and miss a lot of what the ref is saying to them. Many of them have background from different sports so they are not probably used with rugby laws intricacies.

You should contact the Spanish press and tell them to investigate the ref, maybe he's somehow connected with Morariu and the rest of Romanian mafia.

National Flag:
St Pierre & MiquelonSt Pierre & Miquelon

Postby evil santa » Mon, 11 Mar 2019, 11:48

amz wrote: If there is doubt about attacking squad grounded the ball, then they are awarded a 5-meters scrum. There was no grounding to award that try. As for having discipline complaints about Romanian squad, you must have seen a different game. I found disgusting you are disgusted by a phase in last minutes after 80 of Russian infringements. I suspect they don't know English and miss a lot of what the ref is saying to them. Many of them have background from different sports so they are not probably used with rugby laws intricacies.

You should contact the Spanish press and tell them to investigate the ref, maybe he's somehow connected with Morariu and the rest of Romanian mafia.

Yes, if there were doubts, Charabas had just a penalty advantage for Russia. But for you... I wish someone will succeed in kicking with a spiked boot that of your parts you believe is your face - I am sure, it would not hurt your mind, since there is none, but maybe could correct your poor eyesight.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Mon, 11 Mar 2019, 13:25

That Antonescu reaction could cost him a red but this is what you gets when you make an illegal clearing like that (tackling in fact) on opposition try line. You'll get your ass kicked.
On the other note it was a bad game by Romania and we were lucky with the win.
Last edited by Bogdan_DC on Mon, 11 Mar 2019, 13:31, edited 1 time in total.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Mon, 11 Mar 2019, 13:28

You see dozen of pushes like this to release an arm or legs during a match. Antonescu only wanted to get up and he was hold down by the Russian player and comforts him with the hand for his great clean out of the ruck. It may grant a penalty but nothing more and it's marginal from the main action and didn't influence it. I doubt we'll see even a citing out of it. You only confirm my initial assessment, we are watching different sports. And for your information, my face have some old scars.

Re: 9th March - Romania - Russia

Postby 4N » Mon, 11 Mar 2019, 16:52

Back to the game, we are finally starting to see some bright spots for Romania. Missing the RWC may be a blessing in disguise since it has let Romania make a clean break from their aging squad and bring in younger players. They were looking at a retirement “cliff” after 2019. The loss in WR funding hurts but if they make 2023 they should be able to manage one lean RWC cycle.

Previous

Return to Rugby Forum