Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Tier 2/3 Transfers and Player Movements 2019-20

Posts: 364
Joined: Wed, 20 Aug 2014, 08:36
National Flag:
FijiFiji

Tier 2/3 Transfers and Player Movements 2019-20

Postby Warpath » Mon, 25 Mar 2019, 23:50

Since all clubs are now looking into the next season March 2019 onwards, we need to look at future signings by PI and tier 2 countries

Edinburgh have signed Eroni Sau (Perpignan) and Kalione Nasoko (Fiji 7's) for the next season, good to see scottish clubs give fijians a chance cause all our players that end up in france become crap...

Sefa Naivalu to Stade Francais, Chris Kuridrani just signed as a medical joker for Montpellier joining his older brother Nemani Nadolo

Posts: 132
Joined: Thu, 19 Oct 2017, 21:52
National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Re: Tier 2/3 Transfers and Player Movements 2019-20

Postby Immenso » Wed, 03 Apr 2019, 00:49

Sam Lousi is now T2, and is transferring.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/sup ... -sam-lousi

Sam Lousi's All Blacks dream might be over, but he is still a chance to turn out for Tonga at the Rugby World Cup.

The Hurricanes lock signed for Welsh club Scarlets on Wednesday, meaning he has played his last Super Rugby game after suffering a season-ending pectoral injury in pre-season.

The Auckland-born 27-year-old is eligible to play for Tonga, with Hurricanes coach John Plumtree saying Lousi's desire to play international rugby, as well as the ability to set his family up financially, were big factors in losing his most experienced lock.

"We worked real hard to try keep him in the country, but [he's leaving] for family reasons and I think he wants to play for Tonga as well."

Plumtree was disappointed to lose another lock after seeing Michael Fatialofa depart last off-season for Worcester.

Posts: 3490
Joined: Tue, 06 Oct 2015, 22:54
National Flag:
SpainSpain

Re: Tier 2/3 Transfers and Player Movements 2019-20

Postby Armchair Fan » Thu, 30 May 2019, 15:34

Burgos keeps fishing in Portugal and has signed Diogo Hasse Ferreira from Cascais.

Kerman Aurrekoetxea leaves SilverStorm El Salvador to return to France with Biarritz.

Posts: 3490
Joined: Tue, 06 Oct 2015, 22:54
National Flag:
SpainSpain

Re: Tier 2/3 Transfers and Player Movements 2019-20

Postby Armchair Fan » Wed, 05 Jun 2019, 12:34

Another RET recruitment for UBU-Colina Clinic as they announce the signing of David Weersma (Netherlands).

Posts: 456
Joined: Thu, 26 Jun 2014, 11:52
National Flag:
PortugalPortugal

Re: Tier 2/3 Transfers and Player Movements 2019-20

Postby suofficer » Thu, 06 Jun 2019, 08:28

Kieron Moffat Old Elthamians (Nat1) & England Counties to CDUL (Por)

Posts: 569
Joined: Fri, 15 Aug 2014, 13:57

Re: Tier 2/3 Transfers and Player Movements 2019-20

Postby Raven » Thu, 06 Jun 2019, 13:38

Didn´t see this news posted anywhere, can anybody confirm this is happening 100%?

Thierry Feuteu (Alcobendas - SPA) to Stade Francais... My only source is this article below.

https://www.revista22.es/2019/05/titi-f ... -francais/

Posts: 3490
Joined: Tue, 06 Oct 2015, 22:54
National Flag:
SpainSpain

Re: Tier 2/3 Transfers and Player Movements 2019-20

Postby Armchair Fan » Thu, 06 Jun 2019, 14:21

Veintidós is extremely close to Alcobendas, so no reason why not to believe that article.

Posts: 569
Joined: Fri, 15 Aug 2014, 13:57

Re: Tier 2/3 Transfers and Player Movements 2019-20

Postby Raven » Thu, 06 Jun 2019, 15:16

Armchair Fan wrote:Veintidós is extremely close to Alcobendas, so no reason why not to believe that article.


I just found it strange that is nowhere to be seen, even in this Forum! :lol:

But good on him!, he´s got a "great" story behind him too; and hopefuly Spain will benefit of having another player in the French Elite.

Posts: 2003
Joined: Sun, 20 Apr 2014, 16:57
Location: Leicester
National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Re: Tier 2/3 Transfers and Player Movements 2019-20

Postby sk 88 » Thu, 06 Jun 2019, 19:08

suofficer wrote:Kieron Moffat Old Elthamians (Nat1) & England Counties to CDUL (Por)


Presumably moving to Lisbon for other reasons? Or are they paying him as a professional?

Posts: 456
Joined: Thu, 26 Jun 2014, 11:52
National Flag:
PortugalPortugal

Re: Tier 2/3 Transfers and Player Movements 2019-20

Postby suofficer » Fri, 07 Jun 2019, 06:16

As a professional

Posts: 2003
Joined: Sun, 20 Apr 2014, 16:57
Location: Leicester
National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Re: Tier 2/3 Transfers and Player Movements 2019-20

Postby sk 88 » Sat, 08 Jun 2019, 10:11

Good for him! That sounds like a fun move.

Posts: 281
Joined: Tue, 12 Apr 2016, 14:19
National Flag:
WalesWales

Re: Tier 2/3 Transfers and Player Movements 2019-20

Postby sammo » Tue, 11 Jun 2019, 09:38

Marius Antonescu to Bourg-en-Bresse in Federale 1

Posts: 569
Joined: Fri, 15 Aug 2014, 13:57

Re: Tier 2/3 Transfers and Player Movements 2019-20

Postby Raven » Tue, 11 Jun 2019, 10:23

Jean Babtiste De Clerq (Belgium) left Oloron in Fed1 to join Bayonne.
Tjiuee Uanivi (Namibia) departs London Scottish (RFU Championship) for ProD2 side Massy.
Andrzej Charlat (Poland) joining Provence Rugby in ProD2 -after playing for US Bressane in the 2018/19 campaign-

Mike Tadjer (Portugal) joins Clermont from Grenoble.

Posts: 1305
Joined: Thu, 06 Apr 2017, 17:09
National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Re: Tier 2/3 Transfers and Player Movements 2019-20

Postby Tobar » Tue, 11 Jun 2019, 18:43

Raven wrote:Jean Babtiste De Clerq (Belgium) left Oloron in Fed1 to join Bayonne.
Tjiuee Uanivi (Namibia) departs London Scottish (RFU Championship) for ProD2 side Massy.
Andrzej Charlat (Poland) joining Provence Rugby in ProD2 -after playing for US Bressane in the 2018/19 campaign-

Mike Tadjer (Portugal) joins Clermont from Grenoble.


Good news, better situations for all the players. If I'm not mistaken, that would put Charlat at the highest ranking club for Polish players.

Posts: 132
Joined: Thu, 19 Oct 2017, 21:52
National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Re: Tier 2/3 Transfers and Player Movements 2019-20

Postby Immenso » Wed, 12 Jun 2019, 04:22

Tobar wrote:
Raven wrote:Jean Babtiste De Clerq (Belgium) left Oloron in Fed1 to join Bayonne.
Tjiuee Uanivi (Namibia) departs London Scottish (RFU Championship) for ProD2 side Massy.
Andrzej Charlat (Poland) joining Provence Rugby in ProD2 -after playing for US Bressane in the 2018/19 campaign-

Mike Tadjer (Portugal) joins Clermont from Grenoble.


Good news, better situations for all the players. If I'm not mistaken, that would put Charlat at the highest ranking club for Polish players.


There was a Polish payer who played for Cardiff in the 1990s. Karcala / Kacala or something like that. Welsh Premiership in the 90s would be a higher ranked league that Pro D2

Posts: 3490
Joined: Tue, 06 Oct 2015, 22:54
National Flag:
SpainSpain

Re: Tier 2/3 Transfers and Player Movements 2019-20

Postby Armchair Fan » Wed, 12 Jun 2019, 09:08

Kacala was European Champion with Brive.

Posts: 569
Joined: Fri, 15 Aug 2014, 13:57

Re: Tier 2/3 Transfers and Player Movements 2019-20

Postby Raven » Wed, 19 Jun 2019, 11:09

Zani Dembele (GER) - left Racing 92 (Espoirs) and will join Castres, not a bad move.
Eric Marks (GER) - left La Rochelle (Espoirs) to join Vannes (where fellow countryment Menzel and Hilsenbeck are set to stay)

http://www.totalrugby.de/content/view/9902/36/

Posts: 3490
Joined: Tue, 06 Oct 2015, 22:54
National Flag:
SpainSpain

Re: Tier 2/3 Transfers and Player Movements 2019-20

Postby Armchair Fan » Wed, 19 Jun 2019, 12:23

If I'm not mistaken Robert Mohr is in La Rochelle staff as well.

Posts: 569
Joined: Fri, 15 Aug 2014, 13:57

Re: Tier 2/3 Transfers and Player Movements 2019-20

Postby Raven » Thu, 20 Jun 2019, 09:45

Armchair Fan wrote:If I'm not mistaken Robert Mohr is in La Rochelle staff as well.


I think he was soon after he retired, then was contracted by Wild for the Wild Academy and the National team, and after that went to Stade Francais.

I couldn´t find his name here:
https://www.staderochelais.com/club/vie ... ganigramme

I have no clue where he might be now. But surely not having him doing something for/with Germany givn his level of experience is a big loss for die Adlers.

Posts: 364
Joined: Wed, 20 Aug 2014, 08:36
National Flag:
FijiFiji

Re: Tier 2/3 Transfers and Player Movements 2019-20

Postby Warpath » Tue, 25 Jun 2019, 02:57

fiji 7's player mesulame kunavula joins Edinburgh

Posts: 364
Joined: Wed, 20 Aug 2014, 08:36
National Flag:
FijiFiji

Re: Tier 2/3 Transfers and Player Movements 2019-20

Postby Warpath » Wed, 26 Jun 2019, 11:48

Fiji hooker, Mesu Dolokoto signs with Glasgow warriors

Posts: 570
Joined: Mon, 12 May 2014, 21:05
National Flag:
IrelandIreland

Re: Tier 2/3 Transfers and Player Movements 2019-20

Postby dropkick » Wed, 26 Jun 2019, 13:32

Raven wrote:
Armchair Fan wrote:If I'm not mistaken Robert Mohr is in La Rochelle staff as well.


I think he was soon after he retired, then was contracted by Wild for the Wild Academy and the National team, and after that went to Stade Francais.

I couldn´t find his name here:
https://www.staderochelais.com/club/vie ... ganigramme

I have no clue where he might be now. But surely not having him doing something for/with Germany givn his level of experience is a big loss for die Adlers.


I saw his name mentioned when reading about Ronan O'Gara who is the new head coach of La Rochelle. I might be wrong but I think he will be involved in their academy.

Posts: 364
Joined: Wed, 20 Aug 2014, 08:36
National Flag:
FijiFiji

Re: Tier 2/3 Transfers and Player Movements 2019-20

Postby Warpath » Fri, 28 Jun 2019, 10:04

fijian halfback Lomani signs 2 season with Rebels

Posts: 3490
Joined: Tue, 06 Oct 2015, 22:54
National Flag:
SpainSpain

Re: Tier 2/3 Transfers and Player Movements 2019-20

Postby Armchair Fan » Sat, 29 Jun 2019, 16:37

Raven wrote:Didn´t see this news posted anywhere, can anybody confirm this is happening 100%?

Thierry Feuteu (Alcobendas - SPA) to Stade Francais... My only source is this article below.

https://www.revista22.es/2019/05/titi-f ... -francais/

It's now official:
http://www.stade.fr/actualites/news/tra ... par-madrid

With his paperwork sorted right before last REC game it seems he changed his family name as well from Feuteu to Futeu.

Posts: 3490
Joined: Tue, 06 Oct 2015, 22:54
National Flag:
SpainSpain

Re: Tier 2/3 Transfers and Player Movements 2019-20

Postby Armchair Fan » Mon, 01 Jul 2019, 10:57

Alvar Gimeno signs with Béziers. At last he tries his luck in France:
https://twitter.com/RContrerasFM/status ... 2598797313

Next

Return to Rugby Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: fridge46, Google Feedfetcher and 11 guests