Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Third European cup - press release from FIR

Posts: 1751
Joined: Wed, 14 Oct 2015, 13:30
National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: Third European cup - press release from FIR

Postby RugbyLiebe » Mon, 18 Dec 2017, 09:15

Stop "anthim"ing.

So apart from the world's most stupid format (the semis even top stupidity from the basic format), this has indeed become a serious format, with true contenders for qualification. Every team can de facto qualify. Time to reserve more spots in the Challenge Cup for it.
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

Posts: 654
Joined: Wed, 15 Mar 2017, 09:56
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Third European cup - press release from FIR

Postby Bogdan_DC » Mon, 18 Dec 2017, 09:22

Yep...all this teams fighting for 1 spot!At least another one should be OK.
And poor Antim...in Romania he is sanctified and here is the symbol of angry debating :).

Posts: 315
Joined: Mon, 28 Nov 2016, 20:57
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Third European cup - press release from FIR

Postby datodato » Mon, 18 Dec 2017, 10:56

amz wrote:One thing I am sure, seeing attitude of some Georgians Didi10 is not at the same level with SL. You won with a lot of luck against a team that barely bothered to play, is not coached, missed a lot of players and was looking forward to vacation after a much longer season than Batumi. I see this players week in week out, I also occasionally watch Didi10 on youtube and although your level is on the rise there is still far.


Listen brother: SL Champion lost against the DIDI10 Vice-Champion two days ago and you are saying that "DIDI10 ist not at the same level with SL". You then search for excuses (No.10 had no breakfast, Coach had a cold, Both props had wrong shoes...) and then you tell us that DIDI10 is "still far" when in fact again - your fully professional SL Champion lost against the DIDI10 Vice-Champion. Brother that is not fake news, you live in another reality! Come back to the real world. Saracens chances are very high to win the semi-final and I said at the beginning of the tournament that Saracens will win in AND I constantly say that SL is a good league and better than DIDI10, but after the recent results by Batumi and the U20 players coming through it is just simply stupid to say that DIDI10 is still far away from the SL. Come back brother, come back to the real world!

Posts: 1751
Joined: Wed, 14 Oct 2015, 13:30
National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: Third European cup - press release from FIR

Postby RugbyLiebe » Mon, 18 Dec 2017, 11:08

datodato wrote:
amz wrote:One thing I am sure, seeing attitude of some Georgians Didi10 is not at the same level with SL. You won with a lot of luck against a team that barely bothered to play, is not coached, missed a lot of players and was looking forward to vacation after a much longer season than Batumi. I see this players week in week out, I also occasionally watch Didi10 on youtube and although your level is on the rise there is still far.


Listen brother: SL Champion lost against the DIDI10 Vice-Champion two days ago and you are saying that "DIDI10 ist not at the same level with SL". You then search for excuses (No.10 had no breakfast, Coach had a cold, Both props had wrong shoes...) and then you tell us that DIDI10 is "still far" when in fact again - your fully professional SL Champion lost against the DIDI10 Vice-Champion. Brother that is not fake news, you live in another reality! Come back to the real world. Saracens chances are very high to win the semi-final and I said at the beginning of the tournament that Saracens will win in AND I constantly say that SL is a good league and better than DIDI10, but after the recent results by Batumi and the U20 players coming through it is just simply stupid to say that DIDI10 is still far away from the SL. Come back brother, come back to the real world!


The Italian champion and the 2nd placed team of the regular season just lost against the German champion. Is the German league now stronger? No way!
Germany i.e. also beat Romania as the only team in the REC. Are we now the stronger national team? No way!

I don't really understand the problem here. At the moment the SL is simply stronger. Batami beat Timisoara in an absolutely meaningless game for Timisoara. Great win, but lets stay realistic.
Lets look together forward to January and than we can say which team is truely better. And bloody stop this Antim-bullshit when you clearly need each other to have a rivalry in the REC until other nations catch up.
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

Posts: 315
Joined: Mon, 28 Nov 2016, 20:57
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Third European cup - press release from FIR

Postby datodato » Mon, 18 Dec 2017, 12:31

But it is absolutely different. First HRK beats every other team by 100 points, second HRK playes with other players from other clubs in the Shield and third of there was a competition with teams as strong as HRK the German league would be as good as the Italian. Batumi doesn‘t win with 100000 points difference against every other team in the DIDI10 brother, there are min 5 teams at the same level as Batumi. Have you seen the latest DIDI10 table?

Posts: 315
Joined: Mon, 28 Nov 2016, 20:57
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Third European cup - press release from FIR

Postby datodato » Mon, 18 Dec 2017, 12:34

This is absolutely bs to compare what HRK is in the Bundesliga to what Batumi is in the DIDI10. HRK is basicly the german national team, Batumi had one regular Lelos player in the team and one former... boy oh boy

Posts: 1751
Joined: Wed, 14 Oct 2015, 13:30
National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: Third European cup - press release from FIR

Postby RugbyLiebe » Mon, 18 Dec 2017, 12:52

datodato wrote:This is absolutely bs to compare what HRK is in the Bundesliga to what Batumi is in the DIDI10.


I agree 100% with you. But it is also BS to claim a league is better than the other, after two teams play against each other in a meaningless match for the losing team. Not as big BS as the HRK-comparasion, but still BS.


Armchair wrote it perfectly. That's exactly the point (including the praying for a Georgian win against a French team (or any t1 team for that matter)).

Armchair Fan wrote:If you refer to the comparison between Didi10 and other leagues, it's not the fact there are overpaid PIs and Saffas which leads to think they are better leagues, but the financial ability to ditch them if deemed overpaid to bring other ones. That's what makes a league better in the long run.

If a Georgian club ever beats a French one (and I pray for it to happen), French club will always have the financial tools to be more competitive the following season by replacing half the squad if necessary.
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

Posts: 1911
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 09:18
Location: Bucharest
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Third European cup - press release from FIR

Postby amz » Mon, 18 Dec 2017, 14:06

datodato wrote:Listen brother: SL Champion lost against the DIDI10 Vice-Champion two days ago and you are saying that "DIDI10 ist not at the same level with SL". You then search for excuses (No.10 had no breakfast, Coach had a cold, Both props had wrong shoes...) and then you tell us that DIDI10 is "still far" when in fact again - your fully professional SL Champion lost against the DIDI10 Vice-Champion. Brother that is not fake news, you live in another reality! Come back to the real world. Saracens chances are very high to win the semi-final and I said at the beginning of the tournament that Saracens will win in AND I constantly say that SL is a good league and better than DIDI10, but after the recent results by Batumi and the U20 players coming through it is just simply stupid to say that DIDI10 is still far away from the SL. Come back brother, come back to the real world!


Having no coaching since May as Williams didn't have time to do much is no little thing, being unpaid from 3 months already isn't also a little thing, missing key players isn't a little thing, playing much more matches than Batumi this season isn't little thing and so on. I think many of them played not to get injured, otherwise there's no explanation how they tackle in SL and how they defended vs Batumi and why many valid players were left home. Also your recurrent team is U20 players, you should realize none of them is a sure bet and transition to senior level is not such a simple thing, I've seen tons of talented kids not being able to make this transition.

So I am not living an imaginary world and I said plenty against Timisoara's management in last year and acknowledged their issues and I am not happy with how team perform and I am especially unhappy about management who is delay some decisions. For example, I'd drop like 1/4 of the actual team if not more. It was a good win for Batumi but this is all, at the end of the game Timisoara was able to do what was necessary to qualify and play you in next matches.

I kind of feel guilty I started this, should have let you rambling about whatever funny ideas about joint competitions, anyway it is not possible since no party have the monies, there's no real rivalry with any of your clubs, there's no economical interest and without bringing back players from Federal I don't see how your teams would have the depth to cope with two competitions, visibly stronger, in the same time.

Posts: 315
Joined: Mon, 28 Nov 2016, 20:57
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Third European cup - press release from FIR

Postby datodato » Mon, 18 Dec 2017, 14:16

RugbyLiebe wrote:
datodato wrote:This is absolutely bs to compare what HRK is in the Bundesliga to what Batumi is in the DIDI10.


I agree 100% with you. But it is also BS to claim a league is better than the other, after two teams play against each other in a meaningless match for the losing team. Not as big BS as the HRK-comparasion, but still BS.


Armchair wrote it perfectly. That's exactly the point (including the praying for a Georgian win against a French team (or any t1 team for that matter)).

Armchair Fan wrote:If you refer to the comparison between Didi10 and other leagues, it's not the fact there are overpaid PIs and Saffas which leads to think they are better leagues, but the financial ability to ditch them if deemed overpaid to bring other ones. That's what makes a league better in the long run.

If a Georgian club ever beats a French one (and I pray for it to happen), French club will always have the financial tools to be more competitive the following season by replacing half the squad if necessary.


I'm not known for giving Romania enough credit but I said over and over again: Yes, SL is a better league than DIDI10. Still this win shows that DIDI10 is improving a lot and that they are not "far away" from SL. DIDI10 is behind but chasing hard. I can also see what Armchair is saying and it is a good point. But I would say this: If Georgia keeps producing talent over talent for the next decades, the DIDI10 will automatically become a better league than SL. Look at NZ (to which Georgia is 1000 years behind) and France. France have alle the money in the league and can buy players after each dreadful season and has shit clubs except of 1 or 2 (it's only 1 tbh, Clermont). NZ on the other hand has far less money but keeps producing such good talent that keeps the competition in the teams that they have the best club teams in the world. Now of course again: DIDI10 is far far far behind any league in NZ but the logic behind my argument should be clear. If Georgia produces top talents trough the age grades and they push for places in the DIDI10 in 10-15 years it will be full of far better players. You can see a big impact already in the last 2-3 years where U20 players joined clubs in DIDI10.

Financialy I think many are underestimating Georgia. Yes, the clubs are not rich but the amount of money that is spend on the Development Programs and tours and so on is not far behind what SL teams spend on 3rd choice Tongans and Samoans. And it is spend much smarter, which is a rare thing to see in Georgia...

Posts: 1911
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 09:18
Location: Bucharest
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Third European cup - press release from FIR

Postby amz » Mon, 18 Dec 2017, 14:30

I keep hearing the thing with age grade team since I joined this forum...but nothing radically different is happening nowdays.

You cannot compare with NZ system, they have 5 regions which produce more players in any generation that Georgia produce in 4-5 generations...another thing about spending, here we cannot force clubs to spend in a certain direction so the system is hardly comparable. To my knowledge, the only club system able to keep up with Southern Hemisphere now is English system, how they met and reconcile the positions of clubs and union and they made the re-organisation almost unnoticed. We kind of do that as FRR financed some high performance centers around the country and now some SL teams have own academies albeit is a long way until each one of them will have academy teams in each generation. 3rd choice Tongans and Samoans aren't the exclusive spending. Btw, not all are such bad players. Manasa Saulo went to Toulon after being picked by Timisoara from cutting reed, Tevita might to Saracens, some others played in ITM first division and so on.

Posts: 1403
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2014, 18:27
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Third European cup - press release from FIR

Postby GeoRugby » Mon, 18 Dec 2017, 14:35

I don't think Super Liga is far stronger than Didi10. Not at all. Richer yes, stronger as to quality of play- NO WAY! Dream on. AMZ. You were making same excuses when Enisey beat Baia Mare for the first time and brought you and SL down to earth. Same excuses about missing players. Did Timisoara players contact you and told you over coffee it was meaningless game and they didnt give flying shit about it. They seemed very intense on the pitch yesterday. You make nothing but excuses because Batumi brought you down to earth again yesterday. By the way, saying all this, you downgrading your own teams players professionalism and thus trolling your own team without even realizing it. You have to realize that despite being a professional league and having word Super in it, it is simply not as good as you think it is.

Posts: 1911
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 09:18
Location: Bucharest
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Third European cup - press release from FIR

Postby amz » Mon, 18 Dec 2017, 14:39

Based on your logic, after Russian wins in Challenge Cup, Russian championship is as good as Pro 14 or Premiership or whatever Western club they defeated.

Posts: 2291
Joined: Tue, 06 Oct 2015, 22:54
National Flag:
SpainSpain

Re: Third European cup - press release from FIR

Postby Armchair Fan » Mon, 18 Dec 2017, 14:41

datodato wrote:Look at NZ (to which Georgia is 1000 years behind) and France. France have alle the money in the league and can buy players after each dreadful season and has shit clubs except of 1 or 2 (it's only 1 tbh, Clermont). NZ on the other hand has far less money but keeps producing such good talent that keeps the competition in the teams that they have the best club teams in the world. Now of course again: DIDI10 is far far far behind any league in NZ but the logic behind my argument should be clear. If Georgia produces top talents trough the age grades and they push for places in the DIDI10 in 10-15 years it will be full of far better players. You can see a big impact already in the last 2-3 years where U20 players joined clubs in DIDI10.

Financialy I think many are underestimating Georgia. Yes, the clubs are not rich but the amount of money that is spend on the Development Programs and tours and so on is not far behind what SL teams spend on 3rd choice Tongans and Samoans. And it is spend much smarter, which is a rare thing to see in Georgia...


You're missing a couple of things in your rationale. New Zealand may have less money (and less population), but they've got a worldwide-known trademark. They will be forever the effing All Blacks, there will always be an Adidas and an AIG to pay for their 100-120 best players. Georgia nor any other Tier 2 side with lots of talent at home (PIs) can rely on that model to sustain their international performances.

And centralised development programs are great as a starting point, I envy the fact local Georgian players get to train together and are back to their clubs just for the weekend, but they've got their limit. If GRU channels all the funding to the whole system it puts all Georgian rugby in a dangerous situation. What if there are cuts? If Timisoara town hall stops paying money, there will always be other Romanian clubs with other funding models able to sustain Romanian rugby level.
REC 2018 never happened. Please respect my beliefs

Posts: 1403
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2014, 18:27
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Third European cup - press release from FIR

Postby GeoRugby » Mon, 18 Dec 2017, 14:49

Not every comparison is valid. Each situation is unique. No Russian league is not as good as french or other tier1 ones, but Didi10 and SL are far closer in playing level than you think. You take 5 best SL teams and 5 best Didi10 teams. You play them one another. You seriously think SL reams will dominate Didi10 ones? My guess is that the results will be a mixed bag with 50-50 chances of each team.

Posts: 315
Joined: Mon, 28 Nov 2016, 20:57
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Third European cup - press release from FIR

Postby datodato » Mon, 18 Dec 2017, 14:57

Armchair Fan wrote:
datodato wrote:Look at NZ (to which Georgia is 1000 years behind) and France. France have alle the money in the league and can buy players after each dreadful season and has shit clubs except of 1 or 2 (it's only 1 tbh, Clermont). NZ on the other hand has far less money but keeps producing such good talent that keeps the competition in the teams that they have the best club teams in the world. Now of course again: DIDI10 is far far far behind any league in NZ but the logic behind my argument should be clear. If Georgia produces top talents trough the age grades and they push for places in the DIDI10 in 10-15 years it will be full of far better players. You can see a big impact already in the last 2-3 years where U20 players joined clubs in DIDI10.

Financialy I think many are underestimating Georgia. Yes, the clubs are not rich but the amount of money that is spend on the Development Programs and tours and so on is not far behind what SL teams spend on 3rd choice Tongans and Samoans. And it is spend much smarter, which is a rare thing to see in Georgia...


You're missing a couple of things in your rationale. New Zealand may have less money (and less population), but they've got a worldwide-known trademark. They will be forever the effing All Blacks, there will always be an Adidas and an AIG to pay for their 100-120 best players. Georgia nor any other Tier 2 side with lots of talent at home (PIs) can rely on that model to sustain their international performances.

And centralised development programs are great as a starting point, I envy the fact local Georgian players get to train together and are back to their clubs just for the weekend, but they've got their limit. If GRU channels all the funding to the whole system it puts all Georgian rugby in a dangerous situation. What if there are cuts? If Timisoara town hall stops paying money, there will always be other Romanian clubs with other funding models able to sustain Romanian rugby level.


Yes you are right in many ways. Of Course GE is nowhere near NZ, but I wanted to Highlight the possible model. PI are something totaly different. Their main Problem is not the Money but also their and lack of infrastructure. I think that model will work for Georgia but we will see. We would have the best Players in ProD2 and Top14 and the rest in the DIDI10. In a few years time we should be able to pay the Boys more or equal Money that Federal 1 is paying and in some ways the new regulations are better for Georgia than France I believe. I mean there is no other model tbh, nobody in Georgia would go to a game where the whole backline is Tongan, Samoan and Kiwi. It's just not the way Georgians like their Rugby. It has a lot of limitations but I don't think that GRU will have cuts in the future, quite the opposite. The amount of Sponsors and what they pay is growing rapidly and the government is also supporting (in a rather georgian way) the GRU. Money is not the Problem at the GRU if you compare it to other Sports in Georgia.

Posts: 654
Joined: Wed, 15 Mar 2017, 09:56
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Third European cup - press release from FIR

Postby Bogdan_DC » Mon, 18 Dec 2017, 15:14

You are twisting and taking out of context facts. No problem i will keep doing the same :). SO:
Batumi was beaten by Viadana 5th in Excelenzza. Not counting the best Italian teams Treviso and Zebre. Georgia was beaten by Italia A. How far is Georgian rugby compared to Italian one?Not the best record against the Italians isn't it? Ah...Timisoara beat all the italians teams they meet. In fact they beat the strongest team Calvisano 3 times in a row.OKeeeey ... Super Liga is much powerful that Italian league :). You can take this kind o f conclusion? Yes but is not really true.
You are trolling about those 3rd choice Tongans&Samoans. Which ones who beat Lelos this year? You are downgrading Lelos? So Lelos are 3rd choice level players? From your saying yes.Is this true? Not.
The facts are easy to twisting if you want this of course.

And especially for Dato:
Do you ever verify what you are saying? Or do you even watch rugby? French clubs are shit but in the last 5 years have been in every Champions Cup final (7 from the last 10 finalist teams). At club level from where do you know that Crusaders will beat Clermont or Toulon or whatever?

Posts: 1403
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2014, 18:27
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Third European cup - press release from FIR

Postby GeoRugby » Mon, 18 Dec 2017, 15:24

You are twisting and taking out of context facts.


Is that for me? Batumi beat Timisoara. It's not twisting facts, it's reality. Rest of your post gave me headache.

You are trolling about those 3rd choice Tongans&Samoans.


I dont give a shit about how many foreign born players Romania has. it's not important to me. You talking to the wrong person. Do you have anything better to do than post nonsense?

Posts: 1911
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 09:18
Location: Bucharest
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Third European cup - press release from FIR

Postby amz » Mon, 18 Dec 2017, 15:27

GeoRugby wrote:
You are twisting and taking out of context facts.


Is that for me? Batumi beat Timisoara. It's not twisting facts, it's reality. Rest of your post gave me headache.

You are trolling about those 3rd choice Tongans&Samoans.


I dont give a shit about how many foreign born players Romania has. it's not important to me. You talking to the wrong person. Do you have anything better to do than post nonsense?


Stop calling nonsense everything you don't like and look to the whole picture, not cherry pick whatever you like. Same fact is SL is better, despite the loss.

Posts: 315
Joined: Mon, 28 Nov 2016, 20:57
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Third European cup - press release from FIR

Postby datodato » Mon, 18 Dec 2017, 15:37

Bogdan_DC wrote:Georgia was beaten by Italia A.


https://media.tenor.com/images/7c13a76b ... /tenor.gif

Bogdan_DC wrote: Ah...Timisoara beat all the italians teams they meet. In fact they beat the strongest team Calvisano 3 times in a row.OKeeeey ...


http://gif-finder.com/wp-content/upload ... o-Clap.gif

Bogdan_DC wrote: At club level from where do you know that Crusaders will beat Clermont or Toulon or whatever?


https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/defin ... mmon_sense

Posts: 1403
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2014, 18:27
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Third European cup - press release from FIR

Postby GeoRugby » Mon, 18 Dec 2017, 15:38

amz wrote:Stop calling nonsense everything you don't like and look to the whole picture, not cherry pick whatever you like. Same fact is SL is better, despite the loss


Unfortunately for you, Devil is in details, and looking at the whole picture is for simpletons who think they know everything and know nothing. SL is better despite loss? That's what I call twisted logic.

Posts: 654
Joined: Wed, 15 Mar 2017, 09:56
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Third European cup - press release from FIR

Postby Bogdan_DC » Mon, 18 Dec 2017, 15:44

GeoRugby wrote:
You are twisting and taking out of context facts.


Is that for me? Batumi beat Timisoara. It's not twisting facts, it's reality. Rest of your post gave me headache.

You are trolling about those 3rd choice Tongans&Samoans.


I dont give a shit about how many foreign born players Romania has. it's not important to me. You talking to the wrong person. Do you have anything better to do than post nonsense?



Batumi lost to Viadana. And Timsioara beat all the Italians teams when it MATTERS. It is also a fact.

Some Georgian posters are always trolling about Samoan&Tongans. Just couple of moments earlier Dato post " SL teams spend on 3rd choice Tongans and Samoans". So it wasn't for you but for others Georgians posters.

My post is a nonsense but your fellow country men posts are a big source of intelligence. Few glimpse of wisdom maybe to remember :)))
- Russian teams will never beat Georgian teams in Georgia. Even Yenisey beat some western clubs lately.
- Wales is a disgrace because they didn't put their first line up against Georgia. Georgia is a disgrace because they didn't beat Wales.
- France clubs are shit despite being in every Champions Cup in the last 5 years
- Romanian Tongans&Samoans are shit. Romania beat Georgia...u can extract your conclusion by yourself

Pure wisdom.

Posts: 2291
Joined: Tue, 06 Oct 2015, 22:54
National Flag:
SpainSpain

Re: Third European cup - press release from FIR

Postby Armchair Fan » Mon, 18 Dec 2017, 15:59

datodato wrote:Highlight the possible model. PI are something totaly different. Their main Problem is not the Money but also their and lack of infrastructure. I think that model will work for Georgia but we will see. We would have the best Players in ProD2 and Top14 and the rest in the DIDI10. In a few years time we should be able to pay the Boys more or equal Money that Federal 1 is paying and in some ways the new regulations are better for Georgia than France I believe. I mean there is no other model tbh, nobody in Georgia would go to a game where the whole backline is Tongan, Samoan and Kiwi. It's just not the way Georgians like their Rugby. It has a lot of limitations but I don't think that GRU will have cuts in the future, quite the opposite. The amount of Sponsors and what they pay is growing rapidly and the government is also supporting (in a rather georgian way) the GRU. Money is not the Problem at the GRU if you compare it to other Sports in Georgia.

The problem is we can't predict future. Are we 100% sure nothing will alter the current good state of affairs in Georgian Rugby Union? To answer that question not only sporting aspects count, but economy and politics. If everything goes according to the plan, your future will be bright. But it's pretty rare to see everything going according to the plan, nobody is safe of a global financial crisis, or an international conflict, or a change of World Rugby rules, whatever.

And don't forget that when players go abroad, they aren't only looking for money. They often think also about their future after rugby, whether their family wants to settle in another country, etc... Maybe paying the kind of wages Fédérale 1 can offer isn't enough. And the opposite also happens, and we see it in Portugal in Spain: even if they know they can earn good money in France, they prefer to work as engineers close to their families. If Georgia becomes richer you may suffer similar issues in the long run.

That's why I defend Romanian path even though it has huge flaws. Yeah, underage should be better, and teams shouldn't have so many foreigners, and clubs shouldn't be so reliant on town halls money. But Romanian rugby has a diversified funding model, if FRR goes bankrupt there is still a skeleton to sustain their national team. If GRU goes bankrupt, I'm not so sure.

I'll just be clearer in case somebody misunderstands me. Georgia is a reference for European rugby, Georgia is above any other Tier 2 team bar Japan and Fiji, it's great that Batumi has been competitive enough this season. I only say all of this isn't enough to judge whether Didi10 is above other leagues or to say Georgian model will offer a better sustainable growth than other (Romania's in this case).
REC 2018 never happened. Please respect my beliefs

Posts: 1403
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2014, 18:27
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Third European cup - press release from FIR

Postby GeoRugby » Mon, 18 Dec 2017, 16:04

Bogdan_DC wrote:
GeoRugby wrote:
You are twisting and taking out of context facts.


Is that for me? Batumi beat Timisoara. It's not twisting facts, it's reality. Rest of your post gave me headache.

You are trolling about those 3rd choice Tongans&Samoans.


I dont give a shit about how many foreign born players Romania has. it's not important to me. You talking to the wrong person. Do you have anything better to do than post nonsense?



Batumi lost to Viadana. And Timsioara beat all the Italians teams when it MATTERS. It is also a fact.

Some Georgian posters are always trolling about Samoan&Tongans. Just couple of moments earlier Dato post " SL teams spend on 3rd choice Tongans and Samoans". So it wasn't for you but for others Georgians posters.

My post is a nonsense but your fellow country men posts are a big source of intelligence. Few glimpse of wisdom maybe to remember :)))
- Russian teams will never beat Georgian teams in Georgia. Even Yenisey beat some western clubs lately.
- Wales is a disgrace because they didn't put their first line up against Georgia. Georgia is a disgrace because they didn't beat Wales.
- France clubs are shit despite being in every Champions Cup in the last 5 years
- Romanian Tongans&Samoans are shit. Romania beat Georgia...u can extract your conclusion by yourself

Pure wisdom.


I don't necessarily agree on everything other Georgian posters post and it goes for other nationalities including Romanian posters. If I based my opinion of Romanian rugby fans based on a few ones here on this forum, it wouldn't be too good. But I know that there is a vast majority of them who are not like that, so I won't generalize like "You Romanians", because it's stupid. As far as Batumi losing to Viadana and Rovigo, it was after blowing a big lead against them in second half. You are proving my point that If anything, it has shown that Didi10 and Eccellenza clubs(playing level wise) are on approx. same level. Exactly my point as to Didi10 and SL. What's so hard to understand?

Posts: 315
Joined: Mon, 28 Nov 2016, 20:57
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Third European cup - press release from FIR

Postby datodato » Mon, 18 Dec 2017, 16:20

Armchair Fan wrote:That's why I defend Romanian path even though it has huge flaws. Yeah, underage should be better, and teams shouldn't have so many foreigners, and clubs shouldn't be so reliant on town halls money. But Romanian rugby has a diversified funding model, if FRR goes bankrupt there is still a skeleton to sustain their national team. If GRU goes bankrupt, I'm not so sure.


I understand what you say but disagree. Even when the GRU was broke Georgia managed to field a solid National Team only 10 years after the end of communism. Take the 2003 RWC for example - no money but we qualified and in 2007 GRU was still poor but the National Team did well. The infrastructure will stand even if the Sponsors go, the infrastructure is there now. If we fall, we will land soft and since many boys will be abroad they might not even feel it. And don't Forget World Rugby, which is also investing in Georgia. So in the end GRU has experience being bankrupt and I think since the infrastructure is there, the pitches and the interest, we will be able to field a good Team and develop good Players.

Posts: 654
Joined: Wed, 15 Mar 2017, 09:56
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Third European cup - press release from FIR

Postby Bogdan_DC » Mon, 18 Dec 2017, 16:28

@GeoRugby It is hard to understand how after ONE game you decide that Didi10 is better than SuperLiga. Is like saying the Oaks are better than Lelos after that one game in March. Based on a single game yes Batumi &Oaks where better in the day nobody can say nothing (or at least nobody because still i see on this forum some moaners about that game too). For me is hard to make this conclusion after only one game.

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], DragonMike, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Hinato and 13 guests