Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Third European cup - press release from FIR

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Re: Third European cup - press release from FIR

Postby Vova12 » Sat, 01 Apr 2017, 18:23

amz wrote:
Get real, you signed Georgians for 2 matches to help you which is not quite a honest use of competition rules :) good one with Lomidze, he passed more than a scrum-half today, he took your money than he'll fly in UK

Yenisei also rented players for the Challenger Cap matches this is allowed by the rules.

Lomidze will work this money in Timisoara.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Sat, 01 Apr 2017, 18:28

[Mod EDIT: comment deleted as political, unrelated comment to this rugby discussion. Vova12, every time you make this kind of comment from now on I'm going to delete it. Stick to the rugby!

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Sat, 01 Apr 2017, 18:45

I wonder if it would be too bad to call out the return match of Mogliano. A game in Moscow or Sochi starting from a 46-0 has not any meaning for Mogliano and it would be just a training (an expansive training) for Enisei. It would be better to save the voyage money, but I understand that it's a move quite unlikely

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Sun, 02 Apr 2017, 10:21

I found time to watch Krasny Yar - Timisoara. The color of KY shirts is err...funny :lol:

Good to see Timisoara is trying to solve the problems we've seen at the end of the season, their defense is different, more suited imo to the players they have and set piece slightly better, yet the discipline is abysmal (although one of yellow cards I think was too much).For a team who played nearly 30 minutes in 14 I think they did well. Yet, Grainger Heikell still have a lot of work to do and he may need some specialized coaches for certain areas since I've seen no improvement compared with what they played at the end of the year and in Euro Cups. True, the pause of local championship is rather big but still...there are the same issues like last year.

I don't understand Vova being angry about foreign players, Timisoara have 8 in starting XV and Krasny Yar 7, while 2 on the bench compared with Timisoara's 2 foreigners on the bench... :roll:

Vova12 wrote:Yenisei also rented players for the Challenger Cap matches this is allowed by the rules.

Lomidze will work this money in Timisoara.

This is not true. Timisoara lost some players (Burcea, Calafeteanu, Dumitru, Kinikinilau) who signed for other teams so they just signed other players...but they'll stay with the club and not leave after these matches. Mind you, if Timisoara wouldn't have had lost its kicker from last 5 years (Calafeteanu), probably the margin in Timisoara's favor would have been bigger. I hope they'll find a place for Conache. Is hard to compete with Fercu but he's reliable with the boot.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby luca tim » Sun, 02 Apr 2017, 18:45

Well, before the game (Krasny Yar vs Timisoara) so many people, both foreigners and specially Romanians, gave Timisoara exactly zilch chances, it seemed as we were to meet at least Melbourne Rebels!!! Decades of hard fought achievements by honorable romanian rugby players would have been shadowed by the implacable and shameful defeat that was hanging above the heads of Timisoara players, coaches, club management.... and even supporters. It turned out the other way around...

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Sun, 02 Apr 2017, 18:54

luca tim wrote:Well, before the game (Krasny Yar vs Timisoara) so many people, both foreigners and specially Romanians, gave Timisoara exactly zilch chances, it seemed as we were to meet at least Melbourne Rebels!!! Decades of hard fought achievements by honorable romanian rugby players would have been shadowed by the implacable and shameful defeat that was hanging above the heads of Timisoara players, coaches, club management.... and even supporters. It turned out the other way around...

Krasny Yar suffered because of fortune and because of a mistake by the coach.

The Yenisei will destroy you.Athough I do not believe that Timisoara win at home.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby luca tim » Sun, 02 Apr 2017, 19:17

Dear Vova, please be aware that my post was never addressed to you! For you I'll write something special. :) I'll need your address if you want the Timisoara vs KrasnyYar match programme, I've seen you collect them!

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Sun, 02 Apr 2017, 19:19

luca tim wrote:Dear Vova, please be aware that my post was never addressed to you! For you I'll write something special. :) I'll need your address if you want the Timisoara vs KrasnyYar match programme, I've seen you collect them!

Thats a business conversation!

Do you think the program will be released?

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby luca tim » Sun, 02 Apr 2017, 19:28

:) business aye! :)

Usually the club issues match programmes for every match at home, no matter the competition.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Sun, 02 Apr 2017, 19:35

luca tim wrote::) business aye! :)

Usually the club issues match programmes for every match at home, no matter the competition.

Excellent! If Yar issued a program for the match in Rustavi i can send it to you.

I do not have information yet.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby luca tim » Sun, 02 Apr 2017, 21:00

Vova12 wrote:Excellent! If Yar issued a program for the match in Rustavi i can send it to you.

Don't worry, it's not necessary, I don't collect match programmes.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Mon, 03 Apr 2017, 07:54

luca tim wrote:Well, before the game (Krasny Yar vs Timisoara) so many people, both foreigners and specially Romanians, gave Timisoara exactly zilch chances, it seemed as we were to meet at least Melbourne Rebels!!! Decades of hard fought achievements by honorable romanian rugby players would have been shadowed by the implacable and shameful defeat that was hanging above the heads of Timisoara players, coaches, club management.... and even supporters. It turned out the other way around...

You are exaggerating :) Timisoara's bad form at the end of last year and very bad performances in Challenge Cup along with losing some top players didn't gave much reason to be optimistic, especially because there were issues observed from an year and not sudden drops in form. I've seen some improvement in mauls and defense compared with what we've seen last year (less in Challenge Cup) but is still a lot of work to do.

National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Postby sk 88 » Mon, 03 Apr 2017, 11:45

Main European Cup Final to be held in Bilbao in 2018 & Newcastle in 2019.

To great choices to break away from the same old venues.

National Flag:
IrelandIreland

Postby dropkick » Mon, 03 Apr 2017, 12:33

Good to see. Bilbao is a great choice.

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Mon, 03 Apr 2017, 13:35

Good news for us, although I feel for Italy.

National Flag:
PortugalPortugal

Postby suofficer » Mon, 03 Apr 2017, 14:30

Maybe this will prove that the North of England can hold a England home game.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Mon, 03 Apr 2017, 16:58

Great news with Bilbao and Spain! Also I want to visit Basque country for long, now I have a second reason. I hope 2020 will be in Italy!

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Mon, 03 Apr 2017, 17:39

luca tim wrote:
Vova12 wrote:Excellent! If Yar issued a program for the match in Rustavi i can send it to you.

Don't worry, it's not necessary, I don't collect match programmes.

Well, you still have everything ahead!

Here are my coordinates, write to me after the match.

http://www.footballprogrammecentre.co.u ... 0ed23a009e

Ticket of the match do not throv it away! But remember, Yar will still win ... 8-)

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Mon, 03 Apr 2017, 18:46

Awesome, let's home 2020 goes to Rome or Milan.

Hannover could be a place too.

In fact I simply hope to see it out of London/Cardiff/Dublin/Edinburgh for the next decade. As for France, I don't rule Paris out, as the Stade de France has received it just once, but I prefer Lille.
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Tue, 04 Apr 2017, 17:59

Basque Rugby Union president told El Tercer Tiempo podcast that they are expecting to hold 2018 Continental Shield final on Saturday morning. No word about its location.

National Flag:
IrelandIreland

Postby dropkick » Tue, 04 Apr 2017, 20:33

victorsra wrote:Awesome, let's home 2020 goes to Rome or Milan.

Hannover could be a place too.

In fact I simply hope to see it out of London/Cardiff/Dublin/Edinburgh for the next decade. As for France, I don't rule Paris out, as the Stade de France has received it just once, but I prefer Lille.

Its been held in Ireland 3 times. Once since 2003.

In any case I think you're going to get your wish. Since the clubs took over the running of the competition the finals have been or will be in England (2015), France (2016), Scotland (2017), Spain (2018) and England (2019). Only 1 final in pro12 countries and thats given to the Scots who broke rank with the other pro12 nations during the standoff a few years back.

National Flag:
BoliviaBolivia

Postby Osmanperalta » Wed, 05 Apr 2017, 01:02

Bravo for bilbao! Hope in a close future brussels bucharest and tbilisi

Postby ihateblazers » Wed, 05 Apr 2017, 05:20

As much I hate saying it i cant see them taking the final to Eastern Europe. As an alternative I'd like to see them staging the shield final in a 'continental' European venue when the final is in the UK and Ireland. Probably Romania and Russia to start off with due to their dominance, and a smallish stadium. No one's going to give a shit in the UK and Ireland to be honest. Especially If they're going to host the shield final in an 'alternative' venue like Murrayfield fucking side pitches.

National Flag:
BoliviaBolivia

Postby Osmanperalta » Wed, 05 Apr 2017, 13:49

Yeah i cant see too..the fuck.ing anglo-mentality of european rugby bosses will think "eastern europe will be ready for a rugby final in 2389" :lol: lets bring for them the tier 3 "continental shield" just to keep the status quo

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Postby Horsehead » Wed, 05 Apr 2017, 15:04

Osmanperalta wrote:Yeah i cant see too..the fuck.ing anglo-mentality of european rugby bosses will think "eastern europe will be ready for a rugby final in 2389" :lol: lets bring for them the tier 3 "continental shield" just to keep the status quo

I think that is a bit unfair. I'm sure if teams from that region were competing in the champions cup, they got bigger rugby attendances and it was easier to get to for fans then they would consider it. The competing teams are likely to come from France, England or Ireland, these fans can get to Spain easily (as they could Germany, Belgium, Italy etc). Bucharest is reasonably easy to get to yet they only get crowds of 5000 for the Romania vs Georgia. Georgia get larger crowds for big rugby games but there are no direct flights from London to Tbilisi. flights to Georgia and Russia are also expensive and you need a VISA to get into Russia. Plus none of these countries bid to host it

I'm a big advocate for expanding rugby in these countries but this is unwarranted criticism

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum