Switch to full style
Post a reply

Re: Third European cup

Mon, 04 Dec 2017, 11:57

Chances of some live streaming for this saturday or do you think it's impossible? Very probably the two games in Italy will have no live streaming

Matches are, in CET
14.00 Timisoara v Calvisano
14.30 Heidelberger Rk v Petrarca
15.00 Viadana v Batumi
15.00 Rovigo v Lisbon

Re: Third European cup - press release from FIR

Mon, 04 Dec 2017, 12:03

sk 88 wrote:Amsterdam would be a great location I think.

I agree. Airport hub, easy to access from everywhere, enough hotel bed rooms. Also the Netherlands do have quite a large rugby-population.
Last edited by RugbyLiebe on Mon, 04 Dec 2017, 16:15, edited 1 time in total.

Mon, 04 Dec 2017, 13:35

anyone else want to make some predictinos ?

14.00 Timisoara v Calvisano - Timisoara to win
14.30 Heidelberger Rk v Petrarca - Heidelberger to win
15.00 Viadana v Batumi - Batumi to win
15.00 Rovigo v CDUL - CDUL to win

Mon, 04 Dec 2017, 13:52

Timisoara vs Calvisano Timisoara to win
HRK vs Petrarca HRK to win
Viadana vs Batumi Batumi to win
Rovigo vs CDUL Rovigo to win

Mon, 04 Dec 2017, 18:35

I see Timisoara, Padova, Batumi and Rovigo winning

Mon, 04 Dec 2017, 22:41

Heidelberg field yesterday, the women players of HRK and their opponents shoveled away the snow with shovels and... chairs, to play their Bundesliga match

Tue, 05 Dec 2017, 09:47

2°C this saturday in Heidelberg ;-)
But 1) the pitch is artificial and 2) the HRK-Petrarca match will be the 3rd played on that pitch that day, so there probably won't be any snow left.

If not:
https://www.facebook.com/HRK.Rugby/vide ... 9387632%2F
Happy sledge-ride

Tue, 05 Dec 2017, 18:35

Is it really difficult for the leadership of the World and European rugby to understand that the weather in Europe is different?
I think that 50% of the blame is that Russia does not qualifiy for the World Cup in that we play at a very inconvenients time and because of this loses points.

In fact Russia plays in the off season and gives points to rival.

Why can not play in April - May and in the autumn?

Tue, 05 Dec 2017, 18:54

Earlier the European Championships took place in these ters April, May, October, November! !!

We do not climb into 6N maybe we will also be left alone?

Tue, 05 Dec 2017, 19:06

Vova12 wrote:Is it really difficult for the leadership of the World and European rugby to understand that the weather in Europe is different?
I think that 50% of the blame is that Russia does not qualifiy for the World Cup in that we play at a very inconvenients time and because of this loses points.

In fact Russia plays in the off season and gives points to rival.

Why can not play in April - May and in the autumn?

Because Georgia, Romania, Spain and Germany would have an even harder time to convince French clubs to release their players when they are playing the most important games of the season. Try to convince all your REC rivals to implement a change that only benefits one country, I think it won't be easy.

Tue, 05 Dec 2017, 19:11

Armchair Fan wrote:Because Georgia, Romania, Spain and Germany would have an even harder time to convince French clubs to release their players when they are playing the most important games of the season. Try to convince all your REC rivals to implement a change that only benefits one country, I think it won't be easy.

I think that when the rules changed you needed to convince Russia and not vice versa.

Tue, 05 Dec 2017, 19:36

There is still a probable majority willing to play in February and March for various reasons (marketing and aspirations to be somehow connected to 6N)... I could see Romania switching if the weight of Super Liga increases, but for the rest, it's hard.

Tue, 05 Dec 2017, 19:38

I sometimes regret that the Russians are white Europeans.
Send yous a dick and play for Asia.

Tue, 05 Dec 2017, 21:34

"What will we do tomorrow, Brain?"
"We will send dicks to Rugby Europe and the white westerns and we will conquer the World!"

Tue, 05 Dec 2017, 22:05

:lol:

Tue, 05 Dec 2017, 23:25

Hello again, after a long absence! Great that all this fuss about national teams is over, time for some club rugby! Regarding weather in Timisoara, temperature on Saturday should be 8-10 degrees C and, according to club's facebook, there might be some live-streaming (they are "working on it", whatever that means).

Wed, 06 Dec 2017, 04:17

Canalina wrote:"What will we do tomorrow, Brain?"
"We will send dicks to Rugby Europe and the white westerns and we will conquer the World!"

I do not understand why you are in 6 nations .
Perhaps this is convenient when there is no competition.
With fair competition Italy can not even qualify for the Challeng Cap ...

Wed, 06 Dec 2017, 07:08

Is NOT this a typo?

Heidelberger RK v Rugby Petrarca, Sportzentrum Süd (15.00)
:?: Referee: Andrea Piardi (Ita)

Or OK in the soul of Victorian times?

SOURCE >> http://www.epcrugby.com/europeanrugbych ... shield.php

@

Wed, 06 Dec 2017, 07:28

Vova12 wrote:
Canalina wrote:"What will we do tomorrow, Brain?"

I do not understand why you are in 6 nations .
Perhaps this is convenient when there is no competition.
With fair competition Italy can not even qualify for the Challeng Cap ...

Maybe they sent Cannoli and those are more popular than Blini and Bortschtsch or dick pics.

Wed, 06 Dec 2017, 09:20

FLIDTA RISXVA wrote:Is NOT this a typo?

Heidelberger RK v Rugby Petrarca, Sportzentrum Süd (15.00)
:?: Referee: Andrea Piardi (Ita)

Or OK in the soul of Victorian times?

SOURCE >> http://www.epcrugby.com/europeanrugbych ... shield.php

@

That surprised a bit me too, but I think it's a good choice to pick up sometime referees from the same nation of one of the two playing teams. If they are good referees -and at that level they must be good referees- they should be able to avoid favoritisms. Anyway, it's not the first case: in march Mitrea refereed Connacht v Zebre.
In Italy we use to indicate, in the national championship matches, the city of the referees: Piardi from Brescia, Mitrea from Livorno... to point out that they are impartial when they referee a game between two other cities. I think we should abandon those indications. A good referee is impartial and rugby is a noble sport, fans and players must accept a referee without asking his provenience. I think...

Wed, 06 Dec 2017, 09:57

In the Pro14 they shout it from the rooftops about having "neutral" refs, but routinely appoint refs from the union of one of the sides. They claim neutrality means the referee is not from the same region/Provence as one of the sides.

Basically rugby is useless at having impartial referees.

Thu, 07 Dec 2017, 10:50

Batumi for Viadana, kudos to them to have an all georgian squad

(forwards)
Irakli Kvantidze, Beka Mamrikishvili, Giorgi Tedoradze, Shota Gogisvanidze, Amiran Mikadze, Sandro Koiava, Giorgi Tkhilaishvili, Archil Alikadze, Khvicha Bujiashvili, Giorgi Menabde, Murman Jijavadze, Zura Eristavi, Vano Phutkaradze, Jondi Kortava, Zura Bezhanidze, Nukri Ferselidze

(backs)
Bakhva Kobakhidze, Alexander Tchashvili, Giorgi Gogitidze, Beka Urjukashvili, Durmishkhan Jabnidze, Lasha Khmaladze, Zura Tutberidze, Nika Ninidze, Manuchar Grigolia, Dato Trapidze

from http://site.rugby.ge/ka-ge/news-view/?n ... odID=17364

Thu, 07 Dec 2017, 20:40

RugbyLiebe wrote:2°C this saturday in Heidelberg ;-)
But 1) the pitch is artificial and 2) the HRK-Petrarca match will be the 3rd played on that pitch that day, so there probably won't be any snow left.

If not:
https://www.facebook.com/HRK.Rugby/vide ... 9387632%2F
Happy sledge-ride
Heidelberger has got a heatable artificial ground. For the men they will turn on the heating, I guess. Therefore there should be no snow on the pitch.

Fri, 08 Dec 2017, 00:11

Vova12 wrote:
Armchair Fan wrote:Because Georgia, Romania, Spain and Germany would have an even harder time to convince French clubs to release their players when they are playing the most important games of the season. Try to convince all your REC rivals to implement a change that only benefits one country, I think it won't be easy.

I think that when the rules changed you needed to convince Russia and not vice versa.

Actually, for a long time in the late 00's/early 2010's, Russia, Georgia and Romania were ALL pushing hard for a later window. Spain and Portugal fought against it like the Celtic Unions fighting against any expansion, ever.
Times have changed, but this was/is not a one-country issue. Iberia blocked it and everyone then settled into 6N mirror is best if we want France-based players mode.
Russia may seriously want to look at the Australia football model, Asia does make more sense at the moment.

Fri, 08 Dec 2017, 04:16

Zhenya_Zima wrote:
Vova12 wrote:

Actually, for a long time in the late 00's/early 2010's, Russia, Georgia and Romania were ALL pushing hard for a later window. Spain and Portugal fought against it like the Celtic Unions fighting against any expansion, ever.
Times have changed, but this was/is not a one-country issue. Iberia blocked it and everyone then settled into 6N mirror is best if we want France-based players mode.
Russia may seriously want to look at the Australia football model, Asia does make more sense at the moment.
They simply much easier to naturaliz French than to develop rugby in the country ...
Post a reply