New Japanese pro league

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: New Japanese pro league

Postby iul » Wed, 29 Jan 2020, 08:53

Ce naiba vorbiti aici?

Postby Raven » Wed, 29 Jan 2020, 10:26

Those news coming from Japan seem pretty exciting. I personally don´t follow the league that much as I should, but I get a lot of highlights now in social media and I think I should take a closer look at it. The Brave Blossoms did play some electric Rugby at the RWC, so that talent has to flourish somewhere, also they seem to have brought more world talent than ever.

Integrating the Sunwolves to their own League re-structuring seems to be a good / strong plan. I would have thought GRR could have been another option, but this one makes a lot more sense in the long run.

Not that I want to mix threads, but I have the feeling that although a great idea, GRR has lost a bit of steam with that "showcase" kick off. Western Force thrashed all the other sides which showed that are way below the standard fans would like to see. Japan clearly has no interest in GRR now, the Asian Pacific Dragons aren´t participating (at least in 2020) Getting a Korean franchise might be good to add more teams but Force are still a big shark in a fish bowl.

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Wed, 29 Jan 2020, 13:41

Working Class Rugger wrote:
Hinato wrote:
victorsra wrote:But is there a South Korea plan of a GRR franchise?

Hyundai Glovis veut devenir une franchise pro et l'intégrer. La Corée du sud est dans les plans du Global Rapid Rugby.

Has there been any official about this?

Acredito que não.

25 Mannschaften? Ist das wirklich realistisch? Wo kommen die plötzlich her?

Se considerarmos que são 2 divisões, talvez. Mesmo assim, é um número muito grande.
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Wed, 29 Jan 2020, 15:00

victorsra wrote:
Working Class Rugger wrote:
Hinato wrote:
victorsra wrote:But is there a South Korea plan of a GRR franchise?

Hyundai Glovis veut devenir une franchise pro et l'intégrer. La Corée du sud est dans les plans du Global Rapid Rugby.

Has there been any official about this?

Acredito que não.

25 Mannschaften? Ist das wirklich realistisch? Wo kommen die plötzlich her?

Se considerarmos que são 2 divisões, talvez. Mesmo assim, é um número muito grande.

Das könnte sein. Ich musste gerade etwas schmunzeln, weil mein google-Übersetzer noch auf Rumänisch eingestellt war und das eine bessere Übersetzung ergeben hat als Portugiesisch-Deutsch. Grundsätzlich aber überraschend, wieviel ich auch so schon verstanden hatte.
Ich mag den Thread :D
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Wed, 29 Jan 2020, 15:20

:lol: :lol: Eu fiz 1 ano de aulas de alemão! Não sei quase nada, mas me divirto tentando entender (antes de usar o Google Tradutor) :D
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Postby Chester-Donnelly » Sun, 02 Feb 2020, 01:31

There will be a professional Japanese league next season, and the Sunwolves have everything; a great team, coaches, stadium, passionate fans, a name, kit, identity. They should continue to exist, in the Japanese pro league. If they keep this group of players they could win it.

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby Tobar » Sun, 02 Feb 2020, 03:15

Sounds like that’s the plan. Is this league going to have more Japanese representation than before? I assume yes.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Fri, 07 Feb 2020, 08:29

The Japan Rugby Football Union (JRFU) is pleased to inform you that it has announced to the media “the framework for the condition to entry into the new league launching in autumn 2021”

Target number of attendances for Division 1: more than 15,000 per match.

A name of home area shall be included in a team name. Using a company’s name leaves to each team’s option.
In consideration of the above target number of attendance, union(s), the new league’s body and teams will work closely to be able to secure stadiums with a capacity of more than 15,000 by 2023 season.

http://en.rugby-japan.jp/2020/02/06/fra ... tumn-2021/
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

Postby 4N » Mon, 17 Feb 2020, 02:44

More good crowds in Top League this weekend. There were a couple of double headers that drew crowds of around 20,000.

Through five rounds the average attendance is over 11,000. Nearly double what it was last year.

National Flag:
JapanJapan

Postby Hinato » Thu, 12 Mar 2020, 17:41

Chugoku Red Regulions candidat pour intégrer la Pro League en 2021!
https://www.asierugby.com/post/chugoku- ... ue-en-2021

Previous

Return to Rugby Forum