Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum - View topic - Japan Rugby

Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Japan Rugby

User avatar
Posts: 3616
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2014, 11:50
National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Re: Japan Rugby

Postby Canalina » Sat, 30 Dec 2017, 06:18

Japanese rugby (students' rugby?) live in these days from Hanazono Stadium (Higashiosaka) on http://www.mbs.jp/rugby/

Several thousands on the stands

PS: yes, students' rugby, it's the The 97th National High School Rugby Football Tournament

Posts: 280
Joined: Sat, 26 Apr 2014, 07:43
National Flag:
JapanJapan

Re: Japan Rugby

Postby Hinato » Sat, 30 Dec 2017, 16:33

97ème édition du tournoi national lycéen: les qualifiés
http://www.japonrugby.net/97eme-edition ... lifies.php

Hanazono 97ème édition: les joueurs à suivre!
http://www.japonrugby.net/hanazono-97em ... suivre.php

Calendrier tournoi national lycéen 2017: 1er tour
http://www.japonrugby.net/calendrier-to ... r-tour.php

Tournoi national lycéen 2017, 1er tour: résultats
http://www.japonrugby.net/tournoi-natio ... ultats.php

Calendrier tournoi national lycéen 2017: 2ème tour
http://www.japonrugby.net/calendrier-to ... e-tour.php

Tournoi national lycéen 2017, 2ème tour: résultats
http://www.japonrugby.net/tournoi-natio ... ultats.php

Calendrier tournoi national lycéen 2017: 1/8ème de finale
http://www.japonrugby.net/calendrier-to ... finale.php

User avatar
Posts: 3616
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2014, 11:50
National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Re: Japan Rugby

Postby Canalina » Mon, 08 Jan 2018, 09:05

Is it possible to see http://www2.nhk.or.jp/ live on line?

Even more difficult: if it exists, is it possible to see on line the NHK programs for Kansai region?

I'd like to see the japanese championship final, this saturday, and the subsequent tv-movie "Hanazono old boys", but if I've understood correctly that movie will be shown only in the Kansai region. In the general schedule there's only the match (Suntory v Panasonic), at 14.05 o'clock local

User avatar
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed, 28 Sep 2016, 12:03
National Flag:
JapanJapan

Re: Japan Rugby

Postby JRugbyPodcast » Sat, 10 Feb 2018, 08:31

Hi everyone, if you're interested in listening to James Haskell talk about his time in Japan playing for the Ricoh Black Rams, then please click on the link: https://soundcloud.com/user-260271034/j ... e-in-japan

He also talks about playing for England and the British & Irish Lions, plus gives his thoughts on leaving Wasps.

User avatar
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed, 28 Sep 2016, 12:03
National Flag:
JapanJapan

Re: Japan Rugby

Postby JRugbyPodcast » Mon, 19 Feb 2018, 08:10

Hi Everyone,

Please listen to our Sunwolves Preview Episode with new signing Hayden Parker and Kyodo News journalist Rich Freeman here: https://soundcloud.com/user-260271034/4 ... ch-freeman

We talk about pre-season preparations, expectations for this season and our top 15 players...

User avatar
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed, 28 Sep 2016, 12:03
National Flag:
JapanJapan

Re: Japan Rugby

Postby JRugbyPodcast » Tue, 20 Feb 2018, 08:09

"It's been a pretty brutal couple of weeks so far" - Sunwolves new signing and ex-Highlander Hayden Parker gives his thoughts on pre-season training and his hopes for this season. Read the full article here: http://www.jrugbypodcast.com/sunwolves/ ... pre-season

User avatar
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed, 28 Sep 2016, 12:03
National Flag:
JapanJapan

Re: Japan Rugby

Postby JRugbyPodcast » Mon, 26 Feb 2018, 10:01

Sunwolves CEO Yuji Watase talks about pre-season, whether they can really make the top 5 this season, and his future plans for his team. He also talks about the highs and lows of running a Super Rugby franchise, and responds to criticisms often made against the Sunwolves. Please listen here: https://soundcloud.com/user-260271034/4 ... uji-watase

Also on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/jp/podcast/jap ... ?l=en&mt=2

Online
Posts: 4041
Joined: Sat, 05 Jul 2014, 02:44
National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Re: Japan Rugby

Postby thatrugbyguy » Mon, 26 Feb 2018, 10:31

Pretty good match by the Sunwolves against the Brumbies on the weekend.

Posts: 17
Joined: Thu, 22 Feb 2018, 15:10
National Flag:
JapanJapan

Re: Japan Rugby

Postby DotJP » Thu, 01 Mar 2018, 15:36

U19
Japan v Leinster on March 20
Japan v Ireland on March 24
Japan v Ireland on March 28

These matches will be hold in Ireland.

User avatar
Posts: 3616
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2014, 11:50
National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Re: Japan Rugby

Postby Canalina » Tue, 20 Mar 2018, 07:20

May you say what is this comic about? I like rugby comics but I don't understand if this is rugby related (as the links to the RWC ticket office suggests) or not

http://www.city.fukuoka.lg.jp/shimin/s- ... rge18.html

Posts: 218
Joined: Sun, 19 Feb 2017, 18:10
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Japan Rugby

Postby BigG » Tue, 20 Mar 2018, 15:17

I could not find a topic on Pacific Challenge. Do you have any info about it? I am also wondering what kind of team represented Japan? Was it U20 or U23?

Posts: 17
Joined: Thu, 22 Feb 2018, 15:10
National Flag:
JapanJapan

Re: Japan Rugby

Postby DotJP » Wed, 21 Mar 2018, 00:04

Canalina wrote:May you say what is this comic about? I like rugby comics but I don't understand if this is rugby related (as the links to the RWC ticket office suggests) or not

http://www.city.fukuoka.lg.jp/shimin/s- ... rge18.html


This comic artist is a rugby fan, and said she applied for a Hukuoka's package of Rugby World Cup 2019 but she couldn't get it and felt sad.

Actually, fortunately, it is a bit difficult to get tickets now, especially Tokyo and Kanagawa areas.

Posts: 17
Joined: Thu, 22 Feb 2018, 15:10
National Flag:
JapanJapan

Re: Japan Rugby

Postby DotJP » Wed, 21 Mar 2018, 00:49

BigG wrote:I could not find a topic on Pacific Challenge. Do you have any info about it? I am also wondering what kind of team represented Japan? Was it U20 or U23?


The team was put together as basically U20, but some players were over.

You can see members:
https://www.rugby-japan.jp/junior-japan/member/

User avatar
Posts: 3616
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2014, 11:50
National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Re: Japan Rugby

Postby Canalina » Wed, 21 Mar 2018, 09:03

DotJP wrote:This comic artist is a rugby fan, and said she applied for a Hukuoka's package of Rugby World Cup 2019 but she couldn't get it and felt sad.

Actually, fortunately, it is a bit difficult to get tickets now, especially Tokyo and Kanagawa areas.

Thank you :geek:

Posts: 1922
Joined: Sun, 20 Apr 2014, 11:42
National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Re: Japan Rugby

Postby YamahaKiwi » Tue, 27 Mar 2018, 10:20

DotJP wrote:
Canalina wrote:May you say what is this comic about? I like rugby comics but I don't understand if this is rugby related (as the links to the RWC ticket office suggests) or not

http://www.city.fukuoka.lg.jp/shimin/s- ... rge18.html


This comic artist is a rugby fan, and said she applied for a Hukuoka's package of Rugby World Cup 2019 but she couldn't get it and felt sad.

Actually, fortunately, it is a bit difficult to get tickets now, especially Tokyo and Kanagawa areas.


She isn't helped by the fact Fukuoka's Level 5 stadium is one of the smallest venues for the RWC. And probably the worst for population to stadium capacity ratio. I.e a big city with just a smallish stadium.

Posts: 540
Joined: Thu, 06 Apr 2017, 17:09
National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Re: Japan Rugby

Postby Tobar » Tue, 27 Mar 2018, 16:36

I've been wondering a bit about this recently....if the Indo Pacific Rugby Championship actually takes off and is at least mildly successful, would it make more sense for the Sunwolves to leave Super Rugby to join? Considering the fact that some of the supposed countries involved are also involved in the ARC and the talent level will be much closer I figure this makes sense. It would be nice to see the Sunwolves not in last place and I'm sure they would easily be top 2 or 3.

Posts: 280
Joined: Sat, 26 Apr 2014, 07:43
National Flag:
JapanJapan

Re: Japan Rugby

Postby Hinato » Tue, 27 Mar 2018, 20:09

Tobar wrote:I've been wondering a bit about this recently....if the Indo Pacific Rugby Championship actually takes off and is at least mildly successful, would it make more sense for the Sunwolves to leave Super Rugby to join? Considering the fact that some of the supposed countries involved are also involved in the ARC and the talent level will be much closer I figure this makes sense. It would be nice to see the Sunwolves not in last place and I'm sure they would easily be top 2 or 3.


Aucun intérêt de voir les Sunwolves dan l'Indo Pacific Rugby Championship. Si c'est pour quitter le Super Rugby (ce qui et très probable), autant se concentrer sur la Top League et en faire un puissant championnat qui sera plus relevé que l'IPRC.

Posts: 540
Joined: Thu, 06 Apr 2017, 17:09
National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Re: Japan Rugby

Postby Tobar » Tue, 27 Mar 2018, 21:20

Hinato wrote:
Tobar wrote:I've been wondering a bit about this recently....if the Indo Pacific Rugby Championship actually takes off and is at least mildly successful, would it make more sense for the Sunwolves to leave Super Rugby to join? Considering the fact that some of the supposed countries involved are also involved in the ARC and the talent level will be much closer I figure this makes sense. It would be nice to see the Sunwolves not in last place and I'm sure they would easily be top 2 or 3.


Aucun intérêt de voir les Sunwolves dan l'Indo Pacific Rugby Championship. Si c'est pour quitter le Super Rugby (ce qui et très probable), autant se concentrer sur la Top League et en faire un puissant championnat qui sera plus relevé que l'IPRC.


I had to translate this from French, but are you suggesting that the Sunwolves leave Super Rugby and join the Top League? How would that work if the Top League is made up of many company players who would not be able to compete with the Sunwolves?

What is wrong with joining the IPRC? I'm not saying the league will be successful but if it is I imagine that it is a more realistic competition for them to join.

Posts: 1156
Joined: Thu, 23 Feb 2017, 01:37
National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Re: Japan Rugby

Postby TheStroBro » Tue, 27 Mar 2018, 21:23

It's more likely that the Sunwolves stay an another Franchise is stood up for IPRC.

Posts: 17
Joined: Thu, 22 Feb 2018, 15:10
National Flag:
JapanJapan

Re: Japan Rugby

Postby DotJP » Wed, 28 Mar 2018, 16:16

Tobar wrote:I've been wondering a bit about this recently....if the Indo Pacific Rugby Championship actually takes off and is at least mildly successful, would it make more sense for the Sunwolves to leave Super Rugby to join? Considering the fact that some of the supposed countries involved are also involved in the ARC and the talent level will be much closer I figure this makes sense. It would be nice to see the Sunwolves not in last place and I'm sure they would easily be top 2 or 3.


it is doubtful, because Japan Rugby Football Union(JRFU) considers Super Rugby to be one of core interests. So it wants Sunwolves to stay in Super Rugby, unless SANZAAR removes this team. And it also depends on schedules of IPRC, because players have other matches like Top League, Asia Rugby Championship, Pacific Nations Cup, and International Windows.

However, in my opinion, JRFU would make a new team for IPRC, if a Japan team would take part in it, because it now strengthens players(said NDS:National Development Squad) and wants they have more opportunities in international matches. So it may be one of good choices to participate in this league as the new team.

But, actually, many Japanese rugby fans(including me) don't yet so much know what IPRC is.

Posts: 540
Joined: Thu, 06 Apr 2017, 17:09
National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Re: Japan Rugby

Postby Tobar » Wed, 28 Mar 2018, 16:29

There really aren’t many people in general who know much about the IPRC except for maybe Twiggy Forrest.

Posts: 106
Joined: Fri, 09 May 2014, 00:26
National Flag:
IrelandIreland

Re: Japan Rugby

Postby ormond lad » Wed, 28 Mar 2018, 23:50

DotJP wrote:U19
Japan v Leinster on March 20
Japan v Ireland on March 24
Japan v Ireland on March 28

These matches will be hold in Ireland.
I saw this second game today. Japan were not great. They had some u20s playing as well i believe and this was against the so called second irish under 18 team/under 18 b.

User avatar
Posts: 2067
Joined: Wed, 30 Apr 2014, 16:57
Location: Impeach Trump

Re: Japan Rugby

Postby 4N » Thu, 29 Mar 2018, 00:02


Posts: 106
Joined: Fri, 09 May 2014, 00:26
National Flag:
IrelandIreland

Re: Japan Rugby

Postby ormond lad » Thu, 29 Mar 2018, 00:05

sorry wires crossed with canadian game. its been long day :oops:

Posts: 1922
Joined: Sun, 20 Apr 2014, 11:42
National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Re: Japan Rugby

Postby YamahaKiwi » Thu, 29 Mar 2018, 04:07

DotJP wrote:
Tobar wrote:I've been wondering a bit about this recently....if the Indo Pacific Rugby Championship actually takes off and is at least mildly successful, would it make more sense for the Sunwolves to leave Super Rugby to join? Considering the fact that some of the supposed countries involved are also involved in the ARC and the talent level will be much closer I figure this makes sense. It would be nice to see the Sunwolves not in last place and I'm sure they would easily be top 2 or 3.


it is doubtful, because Japan Rugby Football Union(JRFU) considers Super Rugby to be one of core interests. So it wants Sunwolves to stay in Super Rugby, unless SANZAAR removes this team. And it also depends on schedules of IPRC, because players have other matches like Top League, Asia Rugby Championship, Pacific Nations Cup, and International Windows.

However, in my opinion, JRFU would make a new team for IPRC, if a Japan team would take part in it, because it now strengthens players(said NDS:National Development Squad) and wants they have more opportunities in international matches. So it may be one of good choices to participate in this league as the new team.

But, actually, many Japanese rugby fans(including me) don't yet so much know what IPRC is.


I'm pretty sure when the Crusaders announced they would play in this year's comp that there was something in the media that said Japan would be looking to enter a second, different team.

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 14 guests