Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Georgia vs Romania (Antim Brawl 2020)

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Georgia vs Romania (Antim Brawl 2020)

Postby amz » Sat, 01 Feb 2020, 18:41

So now I believe everybody have a sigh of relief that match was played with scrums until the end and we can get on with the medical care for those still with flu. Hopefully Sobota will get better, last news about his is that he was still in a hospital in Tbilisi and unable to be moved.

About the game, I think first 60 minutes were quite good, among the best I've seen in REC in last years. Both teams played an open game. I especially like that some of the young players stepped out and Ser (at his first cap) was pretty good. I also like how the teams showed some different approaches after only 3 months with this coach, it's first game for Andy Robinson but there were clearly some significant changes in the game plan and the ruck and breakdown improved. After all, Oaks didn't played together since June. Kudos to Tarus for staying on field for the duration of the match.

Too bad for the last 20 minutes when the team collapsed physically and Georgian pack was able to provide excellent attacking balls which were converted in tries.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Mon, 03 Feb 2020, 10:55

Gutsy performance from Romania 60 minutes, after that we collapsed under Georgian dominance. Heroic display for Tarus to play 80 minutes with fever (only 22 players for Romania on the game sheet, no back up for him). I hope Georgian players didnt caught flu also because no less than 11 Romanian players are ill (6 are already back in Romania). We are sending 3 players from France to Portugal for a very tough encounter for us.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Thu, 06 Feb 2020, 14:28

Just saw a short highlight video of the game. Beautiful gesture of Romania to play in the national colours of the relegated German side :D
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Thu, 06 Feb 2020, 14:34

RugbyLiebe wrote:Just saw a short highlight video of the game. Beautiful gesture of Romania to play in the national colours of the relegated German side :D

The other kit is the same but on white background, so we trully represent Germany this year. Let's hope we dont relegate also.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Thu, 06 Feb 2020, 14:38

Bogdan_DC wrote:
RugbyLiebe wrote:Just saw a short highlight video of the game. Beautiful gesture of Romania to play in the national colours of the relegated German side :D

The other kit is the same but on white background, so we trully represent Germany this year. Let's hope we dont relegate also.

Fingers crossed :lol:
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

Previous

Return to Rugby Forum