Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

T2 Autumn internationals 2020

Posts: 127
Joined: Tue, 29 Apr 2014, 08:30
National Flag:
MexicoMexico

Re: T2 Autumn internationals 2020

Unread postby JTV84 » Mon, 09 Mar 2020, 16:43

That Uruguay visit to Italy will be crazy!

It could be the fuel needed to bring the Azurris back to the third ring before RWC23 pool draw. I can't see them surviving a pool of death that hard (example England, Australia, Argentina)

or, maybe

Uruguay giving the game of their lives and pulling a hard upset and sending deep down the Azurris.

User avatar
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2014, 11:50
National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Re: T2 Autumn internationals 2020

Unread postby Canalina » Mon, 09 Mar 2020, 17:17

I think Italy is anyway in the third ring. The best three tiers on the drawing day will be reserved to the twelve teams pre-qualified, if I have understood correctly. So even if Italy was 19th in the ranking we would be put in the third draw's tier

Posts: 717
Joined: Thu, 12 Dec 2019, 21:26
National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Re: T2 Autumn internationals 2020

Unread postby Chester-Donnelly » Tue, 10 Mar 2020, 02:17


Posts: 311
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 05:04
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: T2 Autumn internationals 2020

Unread postby Scorpion » Tue, 10 Mar 2020, 09:12

Maori All Black will be taking on Colombia on November 10.
https://amp.rugbypass.com/news/new-zeal ... ssion=true

Posts: 5779
Joined: Sat, 05 Jul 2014, 02:44
National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Re: T2 Autumn internationals 2020

Unread postby thatrugbyguy » Tue, 10 Mar 2020, 09:28

Good match for Columbia. But reading that match really explains to me the dire position NZ are in financially. They are essentially branding anything they have as the All Blacks, which is IMO not a good strategy at all because you end up diluting the name.

Posts: 127
Joined: Tue, 29 Apr 2014, 08:30
National Flag:
MexicoMexico

Re: T2 Autumn internationals 2020

Unread postby JTV84 » Tue, 10 Mar 2020, 11:27

Canalina wrote:I think Italy is anyway in the third ring. The best three tiers on the drawing day will be reserved to the twelve teams pre-qualified, if I have understood correctly. So even if Italy was 19th in the ranking we would be put in the third draw's tier


you are right, my bad. Italy goes to the 3rd tier draw.


thatrugbyguy wrote:Good match for Columbia. But reading that match really explains to me the dire position NZ are in financially. They are essentially branding anything they have as the All Blacks, which is IMO not a good strategy at all because you end up diluting the name.


It could be as well something good if the All Blacks XV do training sessions along the week with the other Unions, this would be a massive help for developing teams.

If I'm the sports director of the Tucanes, I will immediately request a couple of training sessions and widely looking forward to the Super Liga.

Posts: 165
Joined: Wed, 28 Oct 2015, 04:30
National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Re: T2 Autumn internationals 2020

Unread postby nick511 » Tue, 10 Mar 2020, 16:24

Scorpion wrote:Maori All Black will be taking on Colombia on November 10.
https://amp.rugbypass.com/news/new-zeal ... ssion=true


I'm pretty sure this isn't true. It seems to me that the author hasn't checked his sources properly, as there is only a match listed on Wikipedia involving this game, there is no other source.

I also remember from previous years that someone used to edit to give Colombia all sorts of crazy games during the end of year internationals so I would't take this too seriously.

Also this article clearly states that the Maori will have a mid- year tour, quite likely close to NZ and that the All Blacks XV will travel on tour at the end of year.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/all ... the-jersey

Posts: 311
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 05:04
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: T2 Autumn internationals 2020

Unread postby Scorpion » Wed, 11 Mar 2020, 06:46

Scorpion wrote:IMHO 31 October will be a busy day for 6N countries =
France v Ireland & Italy v England

+ Ireland v Italy on 28 Nov


"The match is expected to be played on either October 30 or 31, it's what we have understood," Ibanez said at a press conference.

https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/British ... r-20200310

Posts: 311
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 05:04
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: T2 Autumn internationals 2020

Unread postby Scorpion » Tue, 24 Mar 2020, 18:10

US plans to visit Georgia this autumn

https://rugger.info/news/31988

Posts: 6969
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 02:51
Location: São Paulo
National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Re: T2 Autumn internationals 2020

Unread postby victorsra » Tue, 24 Mar 2020, 19:32

Honestly, Rugby Pass is a tabloid. Never trust them before seeing the information published with proper sources by other more serious websites. It is a pitty, because they have a nice project. But some people writing there are horrible.
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

Posts: 311
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 05:04
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: T2 Autumn internationals 2020

Unread postby Scorpion » Sun, 12 Apr 2020, 13:11

Doubleheader SA vs Scotland to be played in Oct,
Georgia game cancelled

https://t.co/kv0WvIvDvk?amp=1

User avatar
Posts: 3179
Joined: Wed, 30 Apr 2014, 16:57

Re: T2 Autumn internationals 2020

Unread postby 4N » Sat, 18 Apr 2020, 23:32

Talk of England moving their tour of Japan from July to October.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/52244681

Posts: 6969
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 02:51
Location: São Paulo
National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Re: T2 Autumn internationals 2020

Unread postby victorsra » Fri, 15 May 2020, 16:47

As predicted, July tests postponed https://www.world.rugby/news/569308
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

Posts: 4272
Joined: Tue, 06 Oct 2015, 22:54
National Flag:
SpainSpain

Re: T2 Autumn internationals 2020

Unread postby Armchair Fan » Wed, 27 May 2020, 14:24

According to a tentative draft schedule from FER published by Revista 22, Spain expects to host Japan in the Cherry Blossoms remaining free weekend in November:
https://www.revista22.es/2020/05/tres-e ... 2020-2021/

Posts: 9
Joined: Sat, 02 May 2020, 14:23
National Flag:
SpainSpain

Re: T2 Autumn internationals 2020

Unread postby erik2 » Wed, 27 May 2020, 14:28

If we play Japan that would be incredible. Hopefully the other tier2 nation is a pacific Island nation like Samoa or Tonga like in the previous years.
What concerns me a lot is if we will be able to play in front of spectators, or will it be behind closed doors.

Posts: 304
Joined: Tue, 12 Apr 2016, 14:19
National Flag:
WalesWales

Re: T2 Autumn internationals 2020

Unread postby sammo » Wed, 27 May 2020, 14:32

Armchair Fan wrote:According to a tentative draft schedule from FER published by Revista 22, Spain expects to host Japan in the Cherry Blossoms remaining free weekend in November:
https://www.revista22.es/2020/05/tres-e ... 2020-2021/


Any news on a date for the Classic All Blacks game?

Posts: 9
Joined: Sat, 02 May 2020, 14:23
National Flag:
SpainSpain

Re: T2 Autumn internationals 2020

Unread postby erik2 » Wed, 27 May 2020, 14:35

I think they said September, but they will keep postponing it, until the situation gets better. To be fair FER, have been really unlucky in recent years. First with the Brussels debacle (I will not go into that), then the U20 trophy tournament cancelled (it was due to be in Spain), and lastly the Classic All Blacks game (which was going to receive the biggest crowd for a rugby game in Spanish history 50K approx)

Posts: 304
Joined: Tue, 12 Apr 2016, 14:19
National Flag:
WalesWales

Re: T2 Autumn internationals 2020

Unread postby sammo » Wed, 27 May 2020, 15:02

erik2 wrote:I think they said September, but they will keep postponing it, until the situation gets better. To be fair FER, have been really unlucky in recent years. First with the Brussels debacle (I will not go into that), then the U20 trophy tournament cancelled (it was due to be in Spain), and lastly the Classic All Blacks game (which was going to receive the biggest crowd for a rugby game in Spanish history 50K approx)


Yeah I saw September, but doubt that will happen. I have two tickets I’m hoping to make use of!

Previous

Return to Rugby Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests