Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

2nd and 3rd Unions Point scorers

National Flag:
FranceFrance

2nd and 3rd Unions Point scorers

Unread postby getienne » Thu, 30 Apr 2020, 17:02

Rugbyinternational.net has kindly agreed to publish my statistics on 2nd and 3rd Unions point scorers.
Many thanks to Gary ! I am very grateful to him.
http://www.rugbyinternational.net/

These data are indicative (a lot of match sheets were incomplete or obviously aberrant, and there are quite often discrepancies between newspapers reports on the same match), but fairly representative I think so.
I will be very grateful to all those who will be able to help me complete or correct these data (faulty names, missing first name, incomplete data for a player, missing matches, etc ...)

Re: 2nd and 3rd Unions Point scorers

Unread postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Thu, 30 Apr 2020, 19:32

Spain are Tier 2, and Portugal are NOT :shock:

And when Georgia, Romania and Russia were promoted to Tier 1 :?:

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Unread postby Canalina » Thu, 30 Apr 2020, 21:33

Precious database, congrats for the effort

So those nations we see in the website are just Tier 3 (and the Tier 2 are still to be published) or I missed something?

PS: if you want I may pass you some scorer of old games between T2/T3 and Italy

National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Unread postby RugInt » Fri, 01 May 2020, 10:14

Spain are Tier 2, and Portugal are NOT
And when Georgia, Romania and Russia were promoted to Tier 1

I may be speaking out of turn here but on Gilles' behalf he started his records a long time ago. Since then a number of nations have had their point scoring data already on the net (eg stats guru) which would explain why Georgia, Romania and Russia are not included, nor Japan, USA and Canada. But Gilles may well have his own answer.

Having now worked with his data I can see there has been a massive amount of work done by him.

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Unread postby getienne » Fri, 01 May 2020, 13:20

"2nd and 3rd" Unions is just to simplify ; no matter ! My intention was not to provoke a debate on who is a 1st or 2nd union :)
Formally, the Unions listed here are those that are not listed on the ESPN Scrum site !
Stats of Georgia, Romania, Russia or Portugal are on Scrum, not Spain. I thought it unnecessary to add them here.

Thanks, Canalina, I will appreciate very much to get scorer of old games between T2/T3 and Italy ; I have a quite complete collection of (Italia) Rugby since 1997 (thanks to Walter Pigatto), but nothing before. Matchs missing are listed in the data (e. g. Belgium v Italia Universities, 1996; Denmark v Italia A, 1997, etc ...). But I can send you the complet list ?

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Unread postby victorsra » Fri, 01 May 2020, 13:43

Thank you Getienne and RugInt for such awesome work!

A few correction about names from Brazil:

Rebolo's name is Wilton Murilo Rebolo. "Nelson" is his nickname (The Simpsons reference :lol: ).

For Matheus Cruz Vergueiro e Silva you can put "Cruz" as nickname, that's how we call him because there are other "Matheus Silva" and "Mathes Cruz" involved in the national teams recently.

Rogério Brito doesn't have nickname, "Rogiero" is just misspell.

"Luis Lesme" I believe is Luiz Gustavo Lemes Vieira "Monstro". Sometimes his name was misspelled as Luis and not Luiz. It is worth to check again.
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Unread postby Canalina » Fri, 01 May 2020, 15:50

Yes, you may send me the list but I think I can find just the line-ups and scorers of the full Italy national team games.
I take them from "Annuario del Rugby Italiano 2020" and it has no details about Italy A and Italy Universities

Return to Rugby Forum