Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Forum rules & information & links to important topics

Site Admin
User avatar
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue, 15 Apr 2014, 12:44

Forum rules & information & links to important topics

Postby AdminT2R » Tue, 15 Apr 2014, 18:09

Links to some important topics:
T2Rugby's Tipping Competition
UNION FACEBOOKS + TWITTERS + WEBSITES + FORUMS

Rules:
1. Respect the other posters
2. Don't post personal information about other posters without their permission
3. Don't post porn/gore/illegal stuff
4. English is the official and only language allowed on the forum
5. Don't make public calls for moderators' action. Use the report button sitting on each post's right side:Image
6. Don't call other posters' arguments/opinions/points of view stupid/dumb/idiotic or any other similar adjective. Doing that just lowers the quality of debate, turning it into "your argument is dumb... no your argument is dumb" kids' playground style of debating. If you disagree with a point of view present the facts supporting your point of view and the readers will make their own mind whether an argument is stupid/dumb/idiotic or not.
7. Topic hijacking is not allowed. If you want to discuss something else than the subject a certain topic is about start your own topic.

Other information:
Although this forum is dedicated to Tier 2&3 rugby fans, discussions about all rugby related subjects are welcome here, including the RWC, Six Nations, T14, AP, Super Rugby, etc...

Registering and activating a new account should take you about 2 minutes, but if you have any issues send an e-mail at "forum at T2Rugby dot com" (you can figure the address out ;) )

When you have some big news to share with the board please open a new topic and post them that way rather than sticking the important news on the 53rd page of a mega-topic.

The rules may be modified in the future.

Posts: 500
Joined: Wed, 16 Apr 2014, 18:18

Re: Forum rules & information - UPDATED June 25th 2014

Postby Beeman » Wed, 25 Jun 2014, 14:06

AdminT2R wrote:6. Don't call other posters' arguments/opinions/points of view stupid/dumb/idiotic or any other similar adjective. Doing that just lowers the quality of debate, turning it into "your argument is dumb... no your argument is dump" kids' playground style of debating. If you disagree with a point of view present the facts supporting your point of view and the readers will make their own mind whether an argument is stupid/dumb/idiotic.=

This point simply doesn't add up. What lowers quality of debate is extraordinarily <insert adjective from OP> posters, most often leading to debates that then revolve around silly, obvious points.

Good example is the "Union led poaching" thread, where the main discussion and point of the OP was hijacked into revolving a couple of posters repetitively posting <insert adjective from OP> views. That was about the stupidest thread this forum has seen.

There's no point pretending stupidity doesn't exist and welcoming it onto the forum. Luckily, in a very niche forum very few people with a complete lack of knowledge or interest are likely to sign up and post ignorantly, there's only really a couple that have done that. But I would suggest the above is out of line with standard norms, and counter productive to what it aims to achieve.

User avatar
Posts: 1784
Joined: Tue, 15 Apr 2014, 18:36
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Forum rules & information - UPDATED June 25th 2014

Postby iul » Wed, 25 Jun 2014, 14:13

Beeman wrote:This point simply doesn't add up. What lowers quality of debate is extraordinarily <insert adjective from OP> posters, most often leading to debates that then revolve around silly, obvious points.

"Your post is stupid...no, your post is stupid" certainly does lower the quality of debate. In fact that's not even a debate and it doesn't produce anything of interest for any readers.

Beeman wrote:Good example is the "Union led poaching" thread, where the main discussion and point of the OP was hijacked into revolving a couple of posters repetitively posting <insert adjective from OP> views. That was about the stupidest thread this forum has seen.

Not everyone shares an opinion, and not every debate has to end with someone winning and convincing everyone else. Posters should make their opinions heard, and if they can't convince the people they're debating with, agree to disagree.

Beeman wrote:There's no point pretending stupidity doesn't exist and welcoming it onto the forum. Luckily, in a very niche forum very few people with a complete lack of knowledge or interest are likely to sign up and post ignorantly, there's only really a couple that have done that. But I would suggest the above is out of line with standard norms, and counter productive to what it aims to achieve.

Stupidity certainly does exist, and it can be easily be exposed by presenting facts countering the stupid claims. The readers can make up their own minds whether something is stupid or not, they don't need other posters to tell that it is.

Posts: 500
Joined: Wed, 16 Apr 2014, 18:18

Re: Forum rules & information - UPDATED June 25th 2014

Postby Beeman » Wed, 25 Jun 2014, 16:41

iul wrote:
Beeman wrote:This point simply doesn't add up. What lowers quality of debate is extraordinarily <insert adjective from OP> posters, most often leading to debates that then revolve around silly, obvious points.

"Your post is stupid...no, your post is stupid" certainly does lower the quality of debate. In fact that's not even a debate and it doesn't produce anything of interest for any readers.

No doubt, but welcoming stupidity with open arms doesn't produce anything of interest either. Threads with people arguing whether poaching exists or not does not reflect well on the forum. It's the equivalent of arguing whether how much 2+2 equals. From my experience, arguing with morons is like banging your head on the wall.

A poster here claimed me saying that giving the IRFU's policies the boot, was racist. Another poster claimed the IRFU don't poach, previously I have been involved with debates that have included comments such as "Man Utd don't care about winning", these are not viewpoints that are worthy of a detailed reply as to why they are bullshit. Indulging in that a debate about that bullshit hurts the standards of the forum, and I myself will admit to being guilty of not ignoring it and then idiots then bringing more bullshit and getting really annoying. But even if I ignore it, threads are still at risk of getting crapped on with silly debates, and it's sometimes too tempting when there is someone criticising your post not to respond.

I'm not referencing you at all in any of this just to be clear. But there are a couple of posters here with little interest or knowledge in Tier 2 rugby who have just signed up to leave excrements on threads. It's the equivalent of me signing up to post on MunsterFans.

Fortunately there are only 2 of these posters here as it is a niche forum. But I would highly recommend that mods keep up standards by removing these extreme cases of ignorance, especially repeat cases from those who get their arguments destroyed and then keep bringing them up.

As an aside, on one of the best forums around, they have a subforum where mods move long winded circular or off topic debates to be continued elsewhere once they just get tiresome. Might be an idea to add something like that here to move thread hijacking shit like what happened on the "Union Led Poaching" thread, which was designed to be a discussion about what the eligibility should be not whether the IRFU poach or not, which is frankly bloody obvious.

User avatar
Posts: 1784
Joined: Tue, 15 Apr 2014, 18:36
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Forum rules & information - UPDATED June 25th 2014

Postby iul » Wed, 25 Jun 2014, 16:50

No topic jacking rule has been added. The users should use the report button when topic jacking is happening and the offending posts will be moved elsewhere or deleted.

Posts: 223
Joined: Wed, 07 May 2014, 22:24
National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Re: Forum rules & information & links to important topics

Postby Deadtigers » Wed, 26 Nov 2014, 18:27

Been busy with life and just getting back to the form. Using my handheld but I love the new look of everything. Keep up the good work.

Posts: 200
Joined: Wed, 16 Apr 2014, 16:29
Location: Brazil/Portugal
National Flag:
PortugalPortugal

Re: Forum rules & information & links to important topics

Postby mestre » Wed, 26 Nov 2014, 22:34

TIPPING PAGE

Will that be possible to put the "save" button on top of the page, not in the bottom?

Thanks
Rugby in Portugal: http://www.maodemestre.com/

User avatar
Posts: 1784
Joined: Tue, 15 Apr 2014, 18:36
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Forum rules & information & links to important topics

Postby iul » Wed, 26 Nov 2014, 22:38

mestre wrote:TIPPING PAGE

Will that be possible to put the "save" button on top of the page, not in the bottom?

Thanks

I tried but couldn't figure it out and gave up. I'll try again these days.

Posts: 4294
Joined: Mon, 26 May 2014, 05:50
National Flag:
TurkeyTurkey

Re: Forum rules & information & links to important topics

Postby Rowan » Mon, 13 Jul 2015, 07:54

:?: Are other members aware of when you have them on 'foe' mode - ie ignore? I have been forced to put a couple of posters on that mode and if they are unaware of this that may create confusion and leven lead to misunderstandings with others contributing to the same thread.

The reasons I put these members on ignore were for insulting language. This was reported but the comments in some instances were not removed, and in no instance did the offender receive a ban.

Meanwhile, I myself received a warning for 'not admitting that I was wrong' :roll: though at no time did I insult anyone or make any other kind of offensive comment.

Could we have a little more insight on what is considered unacceptable behaviour on the forum, because this seems a little strange to me.
If they're good enough to play at World Cups, then why not in between?

User avatar
Posts: 1784
Joined: Tue, 15 Apr 2014, 18:36
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Forum rules & information & links to important topics

Postby iul » Mon, 13 Jul 2015, 07:58

Those who are on your "foe list" don't know it.

All reports are dealt with accordingly, stop reporting the same thing over and over again.

Posts: 4294
Joined: Mon, 26 May 2014, 05:50
National Flag:
TurkeyTurkey

Re: Forum rules & information & links to important topics

Postby Rowan » Mon, 13 Jul 2015, 08:49

Apologies. I thought perhaps it had escaped your notice, which happened once before.
If they're good enough to play at World Cups, then why not in between?

Posts: 456
Joined: Thu, 15 Dec 2016, 11:18
National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Re: Forum rules & information & links to important topics

Postby Neptune » Thu, 22 Dec 2016, 11:23

Is there an application for this forum on Playstore for android users? Thanks

User avatar
Posts: 1784
Joined: Tue, 15 Apr 2014, 18:36
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Forum rules & information & links to important topics

Postby iul » Thu, 22 Dec 2016, 11:32

Neptune wrote:Is there an application for this forum on Playstore for android users? Thanks

No, but the forum does have a mobile theme which should kick in automatically when you visit the forum on mobile device

Return to Rugby Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests