National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: German rugby

Postby Bogdan_DC » Thu, 07 Jun 2018, 08:53

National Flag:
PolandPoland

Postby rey200 » Thu, 07 Jun 2018, 08:58

let's set aside that the whole story is really strange: I have a positive feeling about it. I really think that playing opposition that is at similar strength is better than getting thrashed. So the Continental Shield might be the best option for HRK.
I don't like that outsiders are treated as they had leprosy, but maybe, just maybe german rugby will benefit from this decision.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Thu, 07 Jun 2018, 09:12

Absolutly non sport desigion.

Postby Raven » Thu, 07 Jun 2018, 09:12

Bogdan_DC wrote:https://www.epcrugby.com/2018/06/07/statement-heidelberger-rk-challenge-cup/

I said it before, I´ll say it again, this is bullshit.

Not only Stade Francais and HRK have VERY dissimilar objectives, both clubs are run independently. A German club in a competition like this, despite losing heavily almost every game, would have helped to grow the sport immensely.
On a side note, I also understand that with the whole Wild vs DRV affair the communication flow between both parties may have been impossible to handle while all this was occurring, but surely the German Rugby Union could have done something to favor HRK´s participation somehow. The benefits of having a team of their country playing against top European sides with world class players is an opportunity that may not come that often.
I´m not blaming Wild, nor the Union particularly, but EPRC; fueled mainly by the frustration of almost touching the possibility of having great rugby teams playing in German soil.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Thu, 07 Jun 2018, 09:14

And as we speak: here is the practice squad, starting to come together today. From this squad the 23 in the matchday squad will be nominated.

Hannover 78: Jan Piosik
Heidelberger RK: Jörn Schröder, Samy Füchsel, Timo Vollenkemper, Sebastian Ferreira, Jaco Otto, Ayron Schramm, Jarrid Els, Luis Ball, Sean Armstrong, Pierre Mathurin, Hagen Schulte, Raynor Parkinson, Steffen Liebig, Marcel Coetzee
RG Heidelberg: Antony Dickinson, Florian Wehrspann, Manuel Müller, Marvin Dieckmann
RK Heusenstamm: Zinzan Hees
SC Frankfurt 1880: Marcel Becker, Luis Lemperle
SC Neuenheim: Paul Weiß, Nikolai Klewinghaus
SU Neckarsulm: Mark Fairhurst, Marcel Henn
TSV Handschuhsheim: Marcus Bender
TV Pforzheim: Oliver Paine, Carlos Soteras-Merz
Aurillac (FRA): Julius Nostadt
La Rochelle (FRA): Eric Marks
RC Vannes (FRA): Tim Menzel, Chris Hilsenbeck

On call: Winston Cameron-Dow, Lukas Deichmann (SC Frankfurt 1880), Felix Martel, Paul Schüle (TSV Handschuhsheim), Fabian Heimpel (RG Heidelberg), Sam Harris (TV Pforzheim)

http://www.totalrugby.de/content/view/9482/37/

Strange, I would have sworn that I've seen a pic of Samy Füchsel in a hospital bed just the other week. But maybe the injury wasn't that bad.
Also former captain Poppmeier is missing.
Last edited by RugbyLiebe on Thu, 07 Jun 2018, 09:18, edited 1 time in total.
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Thu, 07 Jun 2018, 09:16

HRK can become one of the founders of the new pro- league together with the Russian and Georgian Unions. Together to write a charter for the league. This is the best alternative for the club.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby CM » Thu, 07 Jun 2018, 09:17

Bogdan_DC wrote:https://www.epcrugby.com/2018/06/07/statement-heidelberger-rk-challenge-cup/

So the club management knew all along, that they probably wouldn't be able to take part in the challenge cup?

Nice to know.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Thu, 07 Jun 2018, 09:24

CM wrote:

So the club management knew all along, that they probably wouldn't be able to take part in the challenge cup?

Nice to know.

It looks so but i didn't find the logic of Wild in this one.
And maybe they ask for an exception?We didn't know their correspondence and in the light of our very fresh experience with RE and WR the things are far from being transparent.
Sounds like a new T2 fail under a very inflexible T1 guidance.

Postby Raven » Thu, 07 Jun 2018, 09:25

RugbyLiebe wrote:And as we speak: here is the practice squad, starting to come together today. From this squad the 23 in the matchday squad will be nominated.

Hannover 78: Jan Piosik
Heidelberger RK: Jörn Schröder, Samy Füchsel, Timo Vollenkemper, Sebastian Ferreira, Jaco Otto, Ayron Schramm, Jarrid Els, Luis Ball, Sean Armstrong, Pierre Mathurin, Hagen Schulte, Raynor Parkinson, Steffen Liebig, Marcel Coetzee
RG Heidelberg: Antony Dickinson, Florian Wehrspann, Manuel Müller, Marvin Dieckmann
RK Heusenstamm: Zinzan Hees
SC Frankfurt 1880: Marcel Becker, Luis Lemperle
SC Neuenheim: Paul Weiß, Nikolai Klewinghaus
SU Neckarsulm: Mark Fairhurst, Marcel Henn
TSV Handschuhsheim: Marcus Bender
TV Pforzheim: Oliver Paine, Carlos Soteras-Merz
Aurillac (FRA): Julius Nostadt
La Rochelle (FRA): Eric Marks
RC Vannes (FRA): Tim Menzel, Chris Hilsenbeck

On call: Winston Cameron-Dow, Lukas Deichmann (SC Frankfurt 1880), Felix Martel, Paul Schüle (TSV Handschuhsheim), Fabian Heimpel (RG Heidelberg), Sam Harris (TV Pforzheim)

http://www.totalrugby.de/content/view/9482/37/

Strange, I would have sworn that I've seen a pic of Samy Füchsel in a hospital bed just the other week. But maybe the injury wasn't that bad.
Also former captain Poppmeier is missing.

I was writing it down myself and about to post it when I saw you had done it before :D

Yeah, I know the picture you are talking about and I´m sure it said that he was out of the remainder of the season... Barber is injured, so is Els, can´t say the same about Poppmeier tho.
It´s a strange list with no "hidden Aces" nor that many professional foreign based players, I wonder if this is only for Portugal due to the short notice or would apply for the extended run of games too (if it was to happen)... I mean, you gotta make sure you beat Portugal with the best.

National Flag:
PortugalPortugal

Postby suofficer » Thu, 07 Jun 2018, 09:29

why no preocanin?

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby CM » Thu, 07 Jun 2018, 09:34

Maybe some players have other plans in their off-season on such a short notice?
But the squad is reasonably strong and importantly many players know each other and the coaches can use some established combinations from clubs and the national team.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Thu, 07 Jun 2018, 09:41

Raven wrote:It´s a strange list with no "hidden Aces" nor that many professional foreign based players, I wonder if this is only for Portugal due to the short notice or would apply for the extended run of games too (if it was to happen)... I mean, you gotta make sure you beat Portugal with the best.

Maybe they wanted to make sure, that they can practice together the full 8 days starting today until the match. The HRK-lineup is basically the team that qualified for the Challenge Cup (starting lineup against Timisoara) minus the 2nd row and Cameron-Dow (who is on call) but with all the French legionaires.
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Postby thatrugbyguy » Thu, 07 Jun 2018, 10:31

STMKY wrote:HRK can become one of the founders of the new pro- league together with the Russian and Georgian Unions. Together to write a charter for the league. This is the best alternative for the club.

As long as this new league has got the right people in charge.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Thu, 07 Jun 2018, 10:43

thatrugbyguy wrote:
As long as this new league has got the right people in charge.

It seems to me that the owner of the HRK is an ambitious person. He could add even more positive things to the organization of this new league.

National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Postby thatrugbyguy » Thu, 07 Jun 2018, 12:03

Let's hope so.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby frakturfreak » Thu, 07 Jun 2018, 18:28

Once Heidelberger RK qualified for the final of last season’s Continental Shield, EPCR undertook a thorough consultation of its stakeholders regarding the German club’s eligibility for the 2018/19 Challenge Cup as is its duty and responsibility as organiser of the tournament.

So it’s also a bit of a case of the T1 clubs being on their own. Because who are the stakeholders of EPCR in the end?! The T1 leagues and Unions.

National Flag:
ArgentinaArgentina

Postby argie » Fri, 08 Jun 2018, 12:26

Someone knows if "Wolfpack" is the official nickname of the German XV's national team, or only the 7's?.

Postby Rugby7 » Fri, 08 Jun 2018, 12:58

argie wrote:Someone knows if "Wolfpack" is the official nickname of the German XV's national team, or only the 7's?.
Men's 7's only.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby CM » Thu, 14 Jun 2018, 03:57

CM wrote:
Bogdan wrote:not true everything. Wilde stop working with German and Heidelberger Rugby, player have no contract and that’s why can play national team.

According to the pm the WRA and the GFR are involved, so both Wilds foundation and his rugby company.

And there are no news from either of them about the future. As far as they don't say anything I do assume "business as usual".

More voices confirm, that all WRA players have been fired. Still nothing official.
The drama continues.

olivier

Postby olivier » Thu, 14 Jun 2018, 07:51

Fired from the national team ?

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby CM » Thu, 14 Jun 2018, 07:57

olivier wrote:Fired from the national team ?

Nah the rumour is, that the WRA will cease their professional activities in Germany and their players will have to move to different clubs.

Nothing official, but leaks and rumours, yet.

National Flag:
PortugalPortugal

Postby suofficer » Thu, 14 Jun 2018, 07:59

does this have any impact on the game on saturday?

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Thu, 14 Jun 2018, 08:45

suofficer wrote:does this have any impact on the game on saturday?

Nope, the national team game is not affected. Maybe the players are even more motivated to give their best. I've also heard about this from various sources.

National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Postby thatrugbyguy » Thu, 14 Jun 2018, 08:49

So if they are no longer professionals then what the hell happens if Germany somehow qualify for the World Cup?

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Postby Blurandski » Thu, 14 Jun 2018, 08:56

thatrugbyguy wrote:So if they are no longer professionals then what the hell happens if Germany somehow qualify for the World Cup?

Same as other non-professional players, they'll take leave. What's Germany's payment scene like? Are there clubs that can hire a player or two as full-time coaches or the like?

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum