Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

German rugby

olivier

Re: German rugby

Postby olivier » Tue, 13 Feb 2018, 21:31

frakturfreak wrote:
olivier wrote:
Armchair Fan wrote:
olivier wrote:I don't catch talks about relegation. Belgium is 6 points behind Germany. They can't get them.

¿?

REC became a yearly tournament last season. Relegation is all played from scratch, that 6 point difference is only in terms of RWC qualifying process.

I forgot this. OMG, Germany will play in Belgium... Maybe DRV current leaders will finally step down before Portugal match...

The president Klaus already did, allthough he cites anonymous threatening calls at work and not being able to this job in his free time under the current pressure and circumstances.

I know about Blank. I talk about the others.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Wed, 14 Feb 2018, 08:39

olivier wrote:I know about Blank. I talk about the others.

You are a kind of mystery. Two pages ago you celebrated "the best squad ever" followed by being surprised that Germany couldn't, like every single year, gather all of the best players and would save the remaining best players for the games against Belgium, Russia and Spain.

Since then you attested the DRV the worst job ever and demand their heads. If only sometimes you wouldn't stick to boulevardesque one-line-posts and explain your position, I would enjoy reading your posts even more. I mean you often seem well informed and are not afraid to say things quite frankly.
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

olivier

Postby olivier » Wed, 14 Feb 2018, 11:29

Sometimes, the difference between a perfect team and an awful one is slight. Considering expanded squad only by the names, Germany could have lined up a superb starting 15. Since I discovered the squad was a gigantic poker game, since we know Germany will have his worst ever results, considering the hire of Healy and Lemoine is an absolute waste of money, I can't even understand how the current board can't step down.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Wed, 14 Feb 2018, 12:08

olivier wrote:Sometimes, the difference between a perfect team and an awful one is slight. Considering expanded squad only by the names, Germany could have lined up a superb starting 15. Since I discovered the squad was a gigantic poker game, since we know Germany will have his worst ever results, considering the hire of Healy and Lemoine is an absolute waste of money, I can't even understand how the current board can't step down.

Did you honestly expect a tier3 nation like Germany losing 18+ players (18 HRK players niominated against the USA in November) and not have problems?

To me it was absolutely clear that without the WRA guys the very slim chances of reaching the World Cup were gone. If I was in charge I would have done the exact same thing. Try to get the best players for the games against Belgium (Priority 1), Spain (Priority 2) and Russia (Priority 3 maybe now 2) to avoid relegation. What the DRV does now is simply "ressource" management.
AFTER this three games we can talk about what somebody did well or bad.

The WRA/DRV-dispute in this case is a different thing. And oh boy I hope they find an agreement somehow.
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Wed, 14 Feb 2018, 12:41

Considering the circumstances I think DRV did rather well in finding one coaching team better than all T3s ones.

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby TheStroBro » Wed, 14 Feb 2018, 16:03

amz wrote:Considering the circumstances I think DRV did rather well in finding one coaching team better than all T3s ones.

Random question for the DRV supporters:

You bring in Pablo Lemoine as HC (Although he was a T2 HC and HP Director, should have been DOR), and Paul Healy as DOR. Both have really decent reputations for coaching players. Healy of late has quit his last two jobs at T3 countries. How much are you paying him and how much € have you resourced him with? If the budget is zero, expect him to quit in short order. Without Wild, you will need to resource your XVs program effectively.

But I still want to know, why take the DHL Sponsorship when Wild's offer was 3x that?

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Wed, 14 Feb 2018, 16:05

At least DHL isn't blackmailing DRV.

National Flag:

Postby TheStroBro » Wed, 14 Feb 2018, 16:09

Are they? I'm sure players have their own minds. We're currently in the midst of something similar with our Women's program, a private company runs almost all of the HP development sans 7s. Because we're broke as a joke, the issue with it is that in order to get scouted by Atavus it is insanely expensive whereas there are other Academies with better coaches for a much cheaper price. Yet young women aren't going to them because they're not a pathway to the national team even though they've received that designation.

Also the massive difference with what Wild has done versus Atavus is the drastic amount of resources he's poured into the program. Atavus is trying to squeeze a grape for extra pennies.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Wed, 14 Feb 2018, 16:14

Blackmail is not a valid strategy in conducting a business. This is were Wild was wrong.

olivier

Postby olivier » Wed, 14 Feb 2018, 16:34

He's not blackmailing, he wanted to help more German rugby placing his guy at the head of the union, but selfish, jealous, conservative clubs wanted to kick him out definitely to have a chance to win the domestic competition again...

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Wed, 14 Feb 2018, 16:54

olivier wrote:He's not blackmailing, he wanted to help more German rugby placing his guy at the head of the union, but selfish, jealous, conservative clubs wanted to kick him out definitely to have a chance to win the domestic competition again...

There are elections for that, present a plan and ask for vote.

olivier

Postby olivier » Wed, 14 Feb 2018, 17:13

amz wrote:
olivier wrote:He's not blackmailing, he wanted to help more German rugby placing his guy at the head of the union, but selfish, jealous, conservative clubs wanted to kick him out definitely to have a chance to win the domestic competition again...

There are elections for that, present a plan and ask for vote.

That's exactly what he did. He badly lost the election. German rugby got what it deserves.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby CM » Wed, 14 Feb 2018, 17:16

The majority of all clubs will never play dor the bundesliga title. If wild or mohr present a plan for German rugby,which makes sense and respects the fact, that the union has certain duties to their members, they will vote for "his guy".

But either they don't have a plan or they haven't told anyone. They really haven't communicated what they are actually trying to do.

I think part of the problem is, that we don't have the basis, the fundamentally, to invest in the top. But whatever, show us a plan, please I'd like a solution as much as most.

Postby 4N » Wed, 14 Feb 2018, 17:16

I'm trying not to take sides in this one before the full facts to emerge, but I have to ask, if Wild wanted to help German rugby, why did he buy Stade Francais and how many Germans have they signed?

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Wed, 14 Feb 2018, 17:20

Good question 4N. Is he willing to do any rugby development project for German rugby with Stade Français?
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

olivier

Postby olivier » Wed, 14 Feb 2018, 17:20

4N wrote:I'm trying not to take sides in this one before the full facts to emerge, but I have to ask, if Wild wanted to help German rugby, why did he buy Stade Francais and how many Germans have they signed?

Only one player did several weeks in Paris : Louis Ball.
I think Stade Français staff just see they can't sign any player from WRA now. But this is the plan, bring the expertise from Stade Français to German rugby.

olivier

Postby olivier » Wed, 14 Feb 2018, 17:35

CM wrote:

The majority of all clubs will never play dor the bundesliga title. If wild or mohr present a plan for German rugby,which makes sense and respects the fact, that the union has certain duties to their members, they will vote for "his guy".

But either they don't have a plan or they haven't told anyone. They really haven't communicated what they are actually trying to do.

They communicated a lot, but clubs don't want to hear.
Wild already proved his expertise managing the national team and some home games.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby CM » Wed, 14 Feb 2018, 17:38

It is a bit sad, that Luis isn't getting more game time, he always seems to travel with the squad but seldom plays.
Well otto, Els, Ferreira are better, but he is 18 and he definitely has potential.
At least he is training on a high level with those guys around him.

National Flag:

Postby sanitycheck » Wed, 14 Feb 2018, 20:29

TheStroBro wrote:
amz wrote:Considering the circumstances I think DRV did rather well in finding one coaching team better than all T3s ones.

Random question for the DRV supporters:

You bring in Pablo Lemoine as HC (Although he was a T2 HC and HP Director, should have been DOR), and Paul Healy as DOR. Both have really decent reputations for coaching players. Healy of late has quit his last two jobs at T3 countries. How much are you paying him and how much € have you resourced him with? If the budget is zero, expect him to quit in short order. Without Wild, you will need to resource your XVs program effectively.

But I still want to know, why take the DHL Sponsorship when Wild's offer was 3x that?

Healy did not quit his Brazilian Role..... I can tell you that much.
Formerly known as "Aus_in_Germany"

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Thu, 15 Feb 2018, 07:56

olivier wrote:They communicated a lot, but clubs don't want to hear.
Wild already proved his expertise managing the national team and some home games.

So tell me: what do they actually want, apart from various statements to create a pro-team. I don't know and I am really interested in their plan and even willing to support it, if it made sense and is actually legal under the very German legal construction a German sport federation is. But I honestly don't have a single clue what they want to do.

olivier wrote:That's exactly what he did. He badly lost the election. German rugby got what it deserves.

He lost because this was the most amateurish thing even a very amateurish federation has ever seen. One unknown guy stepping up and wanting another guy, who wasn't even present, to become president. And to mark his words he threatened the German rugby world ending.
Sorry, but nobody (or better no neutral) could vote for that. You wouldn't have as well.

Again nobody knows what they do actually want. I never ever had a problem with the WRA but I have no clue what they want. And that's apart from minor tweaks and inconsistencies the big big problem. "I have money and I tell you, that I want the best for rugby" is not a plan.

National Flag:
IrelandIreland

Postby unrankedarmenia » Thu, 22 Feb 2018, 10:57

Those that didn't show up for the last two matches are playing in Limerick tonight:
https://munsterrugby.ie/2018/02/22/muns ... rman-side/

National Flag:
IrelandIreland

Postby unrankedarmenia » Fri, 23 Feb 2018, 16:21

66-19 to Munster Dev XV.

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Postby Gnadental » Fri, 23 Feb 2018, 17:24

Hi,

Can anybody update us with what is going on with the German U20's squad. It would be interesting to know when they are training and playing as well as who is in the squad. Thanks in advance.

Gnadental

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Fri, 23 Feb 2018, 17:31

Castres says Tussac has been declared unfit to play rugby, but we've already seen in other cases it's only applicable in France. Is he returning to Germany or will he try to find place in a different league?
https://twitter.com/CastresRugby/status ... 1074945024

National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Postby sk 88 » Fri, 23 Feb 2018, 18:07

You'd think he could probably pick a contract in England or possibly pro 14 team (Italian teams or Welsh, Ospreys may be looking if Arhip goes to France).

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum