Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

German rugby

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Re: German rugby

Postby Armchair Fan » Fri, 08 Dec 2017, 19:16

And Portugal will be better prepared than last year, since if I'm not mistaken that play-out game is expected to be played the week after RWC Europe 2 play-off.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby CM » Fri, 08 Dec 2017, 20:10

Aapparently there is a meeting of the state unions on Sunday.
We might here some news after that and in preparation of the meeting in January rugbyliebe was talking about.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Sat, 09 Dec 2017, 06:16

Armchair Fan wrote:And Portugal will be better prepared than last year, since if I'm not mistaken that play-out game is expected to be played the week after RWC Europe 2 play-off.

Also this won't even be the team who played Chile. In May no 7s players will be available (same for the REC). No agreement => German 15s is doomed.
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Thu, 21 Dec 2017, 11:03

Tickets on sale for the REC games against
Georgia (Saturday, 17.2.2018, Sparda-Bank-Hessen-Stadion Offenbach; ko 14:00/ 2pm)
Russia (Sunday (!) 18.03.2018, Sportpark Höhenberg, Cologne; ko: 13:00/ 1pm)

https://www.adticket.de/Rugby-European- ... nship.html

Been to both stadiums in the last two years, nice venues.
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby germanbullsfan » Thu, 21 Dec 2017, 14:48

This is not a serious business operation from the DRV! there are no news about the state of the union and they start promoting the the remaining homegames , nobody wants to see the leftovers XV get smashed from serious rugby nations.
Both culprits (DRV and Wild) leaving the german rugby public complete uninformed, really hoping that they will reach an aggrement behind the wings and we see the best squad playing!

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Thu, 21 Dec 2017, 15:58

germanbullsfan wrote:This is not a serious business operation from the DRV! there are no news about the state of the union and they start promoting the the remaining homegames , nobody wants to see the leftovers XV get smashed from serious rugby nations.
Both culprits (DRV and Wild) leaving the german rugby public complete uninformed, really hoping that they will reach an aggrement behind the wings and we see the best squad playing!

Well at least we haven't heard that they won't play at all anymore. If you are a true fan, love your sport and want to support your nation in a difficult time, you will go to at least one game. If not, well, then not.

After some time passed by, I think we are still able to field a competitive XV. We just weren't able in just 3 days to replace a full squad.
Think about it: front row would be the best to offer if French legionaires Tussac, Nostadt, Tyumenev are available. Bender had a good game against the USA, Zeiler and Schösser are no push-overs as well.

Not sure about the 2nd row and if Preocanin is available, but Marks, the best 2nd row should definitely still be on board.
3rd row, bigger problems, if (and that's the question) the Wild employed guys are really out.
Kain Rix should play, maybe some other 7s guys.
Number 9: Menzel
Number10: Hilsenbeck
Centres: Cameron-Dow had a great debut in November and he's with 1880, Jamie Murphy plays in Wales, Ducau in France.
Wings: there are a lot of 7s guys who won't make it in the 12 guys squad for HK (and even if, that's in April).
15: Aounallah moved back to France, so he should be available.

I mean this squad is not realisticially aiming for the World Cup, but avoiding relegation is in my eyes possible. Plus I am quite sure, I 've missed some good guys and we basically had new faces at every international series we played in the last 3 years.

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Thu, 21 Dec 2017, 16:05

And don't forget Germany has a reasonable schedule if the aim is to avoid relegation, even with a second squad. Two hard games first, a week off and then the three key games.

The main issue is how much would taking players from 7s affect Hong Kong preparation, which will be a hard tournament with Ireland and Chile there...

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Thu, 21 Dec 2017, 16:08

Apart from the squad. This is serious business operation. The tickets are available before Christmas. In great stadiums. The games will be played no matter what. One week earlier would have been better (hint: presents), but hell, that's early enough. Well done DRV.

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby TheStroBro » Thu, 21 Dec 2017, 16:09

Actually, serious business would have your REC tickets for sale in JUL. But fear not, USAR is the same way...

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Thu, 21 Dec 2017, 16:12

TheStroBro wrote:Actually, serious business would have your REC tickets for sale in JUL. But fear not, USAR is the same way...

In July Rugby Europe hasn't even got an approved schedule.

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby TheStroBro » Thu, 21 Dec 2017, 16:16

Armchair Fan wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:Actually, serious business would have your REC tickets for sale in JUL. But fear not, USAR is the same way...

In July Rugby Europe hasn't even got an approved schedule.

Because I just look at the T1 nations and they have their tickets up 6 months out. I think it's all something to work on. But that's good to know it's not just a DRV thing.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Thu, 21 Dec 2017, 16:33

Armchair Fan wrote:In July Rugby Europe hasn't even got an approved schedule.

That's actually a good point. When was the schedule finalized? Murphy's law would most likely say last week or so :D

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Thu, 21 Dec 2017, 16:36

RugbyLiebe wrote:
Armchair Fan wrote:In July Rugby Europe hasn't even got an approved schedule.

That's actually a good point. When was the schedule finalized? Murphy's law would most likely say last week or so :D

I believe they've got a draft since August, but teams are allowed to do some changes as late as November (it was when Russia announced they would move from Sochi in 2018).

And last year Spain announced Medina del Campo as host for the game v Georgia in March right before Christmas.

Postby Rugby7 » Thu, 21 Dec 2017, 16:58

JUL is too late. The games will be played in FEB and MAR. :lol:

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby CM » Thu, 21 Dec 2017, 21:12

RugbyLiebe wrote:
germanbullsfan wrote:This is not a serious business operation from the DRV! there are no news about the state of the union and they start promoting the the remaining homegames , nobody wants to see the leftovers XV get smashed from serious rugby nations.

Well at least we haven't heard that they won't play at all anymore. If you are a true fan, love your sport and want to support your nation in a difficult time, you will go to at least one game. If not, well, then not.

After some time passed by, I think we are still able to field a competitive XV. We just weren't able in just 3 days to replace a full squad.
Think about it: front row would be the best to offer if French legionaires Tussac, Nostadt, Tyumenev are available. Bender had a good game against the USA, Zeiler and Schösser are no push-overs as well.

Not sure about the 2nd row and if Preocanin is available, but Marks, the best 2nd row should definitely still be on board.
3rd row, bigger problems, if (and that's the question) the Wild employed guys are really out.
Kain Rix should play, maybe some other 7s guys.
Number 9: Menzel
Number10: Hilsenbeck
Centres: Cameron-Dow had a great debut in November and he's with 1880, Jamie Murphy plays in Wales, Ducau in France.
Wings: there are a lot of 7s guys who won't make it in the 12 guys squad for HK (and even if, that's in April).
15: Aounallah moved back to France, so he should be available.

I mean this squad is not realisticially aiming for the World Cup, but avoiding relegation is in my eyes possible. Plus I am quite sure, I 've missed some good guys and we basically had new faces at every international series we played in the last 3 years.

I am not sure, if the guys from outside will be available without the wild academy. I'd guess wild paid for their flights and maybe more in the last years.
And the status of the talks is very much unclear. There was an article, which I haven't read about email contact. And today there was a Facebook comment, according to which there wasn't a direct meeting and no mediation either. And there are no updates, because the players want it like that, so at least the players are talking.
It is a total shit show.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby germanbullsfan » Thu, 21 Dec 2017, 21:58

(It is a total shit show.)
That sums it up quite nicely!

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby DragonMike » Fri, 05 Jan 2018, 11:58

http://www.rugby-verband.de/australier- ... by-im-drv/

So has Potgieter been removed from his post then?

I will definitely go to Cologne, don''t care who is playing. I'm not German, but support them, and whoever goes on the pitch.

re: Wild Academy, IMO they have gone too far, even if they are probably likely to deliver success quicker, and also more probable to, compared to the DRV.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Fri, 05 Jan 2018, 12:27

DragonMike wrote:http://www.rugby-verband.de/australier-paul-healy-neuer-director-of-15s-rugby-im-drv/

So has Potgieter been removed from his post then?

I will definitely go to Cologne, don''t care who is playing. I'm not German, but support them, and whoever goes on the pitch.

re: Wild Academy, IMO they have gone too far, even if they are probably likely to deliver success quicker, and also more probable to, compared to the DRV.

I agree Wild gone too far, I didn't understood their position, their behavior seem a bit irrational.

I am glad Paul Healy got this position, I met him personally some years ago when he coached Super Liga side CSM Bucuresti and he's very professional. I really hope he'll be successful with this opportunity.

Postby 4N » Fri, 05 Jan 2018, 12:59

Congrats to Paul. :thumbup:

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby germanbullsfan » Fri, 05 Jan 2018, 15:58

Seems the way for the German Rugby ist clear now ,Back to the dark days of amateurism.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby CM » Fri, 05 Jan 2018, 18:12

germanbullsfan wrote:Seems the way for the German Rugby ist clear now ,Back to the dark days of amateurism.

Actually, hiring a coach is the opposite of amateurism.

But I am not sure, that this solved everything. But it might help. Wild wants professionalism. They hire a coach. Seems good. And some people who liked the Facebook message work for the WRA as far as I know.

So... maybe, it is getting better... I don't know...

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Fri, 05 Jan 2018, 18:32

Healy is a great guy. He left the Brazilian High Performance Academy in São Paulo last year.
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Fri, 05 Jan 2018, 21:14

Why does everybody think they hired a coach?
They hired a director of rugby XV, whose job is to organize both the coaching structure, the organizational things and the nominees if I am not wrong.
This position was actually advertised before the strike etc occurred.
Great the DRV found an apparently competent guy who knows German rugby well.

olivier

Postby olivier » Mon, 08 Jan 2018, 17:17

http://www.rugby-verband.de/drv-stellt- ... rv-xv-vor/
Pablo Lemoine is new head coach of Germany ! Huge coup from Manuel Wilhelm in his battle against H-P Wild.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby cheesus » Mon, 08 Jan 2018, 17:38

yea... seems like they now have a world cup experienced head coach to train mostly amateur players without any international experience.

thats great! they will be unstoppable in rugby europe conference 1 and 2!

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum