Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

German rugby

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Re: German rugby

Postby Armchair Fan » Thu, 09 Mar 2017, 00:10

Germany is used to send its under age teams to camp in Namibia if I'm not mistaken, but I don't know how that fits with their Currie Cup and Africa Cup commitments. I wouldn't discard some PI since Pacific Nations Cup seems to be going to take place after the window.

National Flag:
ArgentinaArgentina

Postby carbonero » Thu, 09 Mar 2017, 03:13

Namibia plays in the Nations Cup. It's either Samoa or Tonga.

Probably Samoa. Their only confirmed fixture is against Wales on June 24.

Postby ihateblazers » Thu, 09 Mar 2017, 03:58

Fiji,Samoa and Tonga have the Pacific Nations Cup RWC qualifiers don't they?

National Flag:
ArgentinaArgentina

Postby carbonero » Thu, 09 Mar 2017, 05:00

ihateblazers wrote:Fiji,Samoa and Tonga have the Pacific Nations Cup RWC qualifiers don't they?

Not in June. Fiji has already booked three games versus Australia, Italy and Scotland. Tonga/Samoa only one against Wales.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby germanbullsfan » Thu, 09 Mar 2017, 06:51

Samoa would be one class to much , therefore Tonga would be a perfect opponent!

National Flag:
ScotlandScotland

Postby Bruce_ma_goose » Thu, 09 Mar 2017, 07:39

Makes sense if they are in Europe in June. Tonga are above Samoa in the rankings and looked the better side in November (defeating Spain and Italy). Either would be a great match for Germany.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Thu, 09 Mar 2017, 07:44

YamahaKiwi wrote:That's why I said I'm taking the info advised with a grain of salt as to the timing and/or hosting of such a game.

Apologies if this is not new info but talking about German companies, I noticed car maker VW also at Offenbach.

I didn't notice VW, but I guess it was just a local car dealer. Same goes for Allianz, just a local insurance office. But again small steps.
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Postby Neptune » Fri, 10 Mar 2017, 10:46

Kenya Simbas XVs to host Germany in May in Nairobi

http://www.kru.co.ke/news/item/3846-sim ... -confirmed

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Fri, 10 Mar 2017, 11:00

Neptune wrote:Kenya Simbas XVs to host Germany in May in Nairobi

Lets see if the German union confirms. Kenya has a recent history of announcing tests which then don't take part.
I would be surprised if this stands, as it is within the 15s season (final June 24th with game days on May 20th, rescheduled day May 27th, June 3rd and than semi-finals and finals on June10th and June 24th http://rugbyweb.de/index.php?league=BL1S) and the clubs have suffered already a lot because all 7s and 15s national players are blocked for club games atm.

But the game itself would be great.
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Postby Neptune » Fri, 10 Mar 2017, 11:09

RugbyLiebe wrote:
Neptune wrote:Kenya Simbas XVs to host Germany in May in Nairobi

Lets see if the German union confirms. Kenya has a recent history of announcing tests which then don't take part.
I would be surprised if this stands, as it is within the 15s season (final June 24th with game days on May 20th, rescheduled day May 27th, June 3rd and than semi-finals and finals on June10th and June 24th http://rugbyweb.de/index.php?league=BL1S) and the clubs have suffered already a lot because all 7s and 15s national players are blocked for club games atm.

But the game itself would be great.

I agree, our union sometimes give people false hopes of a test, when there is none. It's like selling someone smoke to keep the people from being agitated, since we have always inquired about test matches, and especially this year being an important world cup qualyfying year plus our budget has increased tenfold from what it used to be. We were to have a game last year in bucharest against Romania which never happened. Let's just wait for that time and see if it's genuine or just a smokescreen.

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby sanitycheck » Sun, 12 Mar 2017, 18:05

I fail to see how this is instantly Germany out of the world cup race, they are 2 wins and 1 loss.... long way to go.
Formerly known as "Aus_in_Germany"

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Sun, 12 Mar 2017, 18:20

Aus_in_Germany wrote:I fail to see how this is instantly Germany out of the world cup race, they are 2 wins and 1 loss.... long way to go.

Bloody negativity, nothing more. We missed a chance to create a "match point", nothing more nothing less.

Postby Raven » Mon, 13 Mar 2017, 18:59

Perhaps people were too very excited with the shock win against Romania and hoped/aimed for an easy direct ticket to Japan.

In all fairness the loss to a Georgia "A" team was a bit of a reality bath, Germany is a good developing team, but there´s a long way to go; and in that same long way chances to make it to the Rugby World Cup are still there, so it´s not the end of the world.

Russia away will be a difficult fixture, but as difficult as one would have imagined before this started.

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby TheStroBro » Mon, 13 Mar 2017, 19:31

So I was scouring around the German Rugby Federation's website...a few of us Americans are attempting to do a comparative analysis with strategic plans.

My german is as bad as My Spanish, has Germany published it's current or last strategic plan?

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Tue, 14 Mar 2017, 21:16

So the Stade Français players went on strike. They play Castres this weeekend. Will Tussac be available to play for Germany?

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby germanbullsfan » Wed, 15 Mar 2017, 07:48

For a profesional pregame preparetion the team should already be togehter with him !

Would be great to have him on Board , but i dont tink so , SF player will not be so stupid and boycott league game

Postby Raven » Mon, 20 Mar 2017, 16:20

Meanwhile, in German Rugby, the Quarter Finals of the German Cup where played last Saturday;

Hannover 78 (23) - (21) RG Heidelberg
Heidelberger RK (8) - (23) SC Neuenheim
RK Heusenstamm (17) - (35) SC Frankfurt 1880
RK 03 Berlin (10) - (52) TV Pforzheim

Semi Finals will be played next Saturday:
Hannover 78 v SC Frankfurt 1880
TV Pforzheim v SC Neuenheim

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Mon, 20 Mar 2017, 20:38

A friend of a friend of mine is moving to the Stuttgart district to study and was searching for a club to keep playing. May you give him some suggestions about? I don't know which is his playing level and I don't know where exactly he is going to be based
Italian rugby news blog: http://www.rugby.it/news/

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Mon, 20 Mar 2017, 22:44

Canalina wrote:A friend of a friend of mine is moving to the Stuttgart district to study and was searching for a club to keep playing. May you give him some suggestions about? I don't know which is his playing level and I don't know where exactly he is going to be based

If he moves to Stuttgart, there is just one club. The Stuttgarter RC just got relegated to the third division. Level should be fun amateur rugby.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby germanbullsfan » Tue, 21 Mar 2017, 05:13

SRC is currently Nr. 1 in Standings and is on his way back to 2nd Bundesliga. Not so much fun amateur rugby ;)

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Tue, 21 Mar 2017, 07:33

germanbullsfan wrote:SRC is currently Nr. 1 in Standings and is on his way back to 2nd Bundesliga. Not so much fun amateur rugby ;)

I saw them play last year. I know guys playing there. The level is fun amateur rugby. So is the level of the 3rd Division South/West. I saw the playoffs games against Bavaria (Karlsruhe-Unterföhring) last year and the level is fun amateur rugby (yes maybe ambitious, but still fun amateur). Hell most of the 2nd Bundesliga is fun amateur rugby.

Or do you practice more than two times per week? :D

Postby Raven » Tue, 21 Mar 2017, 08:26

Canalina wrote:A friend of a friend of mine is moving to the Stuttgart district to study and was searching for a club to keep playing. May you give him some suggestions about? I don't know which is his playing level and I don't know where exactly he is going to be based

There´s a relatively big University in Tübingen, close to Stuttgart -one could say Stuttgart area-, and they also have a team (used to be a University side but now it´s a proper Rugby Club), and only 30 minutes away from Stuttgart you have Pforzheim, home of the current champions that also have a 2nd side playing in the German Leagues.

National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Postby Neptune » Wed, 22 Mar 2017, 09:37

Rugbyliebe, you were to make a confirmation about the Germany - Kenyan game in Nairobi. So, has it been confirmed officially?

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Wed, 22 Mar 2017, 09:47

Neptune wrote:Rugbyliebe, you were to make a confirmation about the Germany - Kenyan game in Nairobi. So, has it been confirmed officially?

Me? :D
I just wrote that I doubt it as it is in the end phase of the German championship, but that I myself would off course welcome such a match. But I am not involved with the German Union. So no idea, if the Kenyan Union pulled another "Kenya" or if this time they announced a real game.
Last edited by RugbyLiebe on Wed, 22 Mar 2017, 10:11, edited 1 time in total.

National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Postby Neptune » Wed, 22 Mar 2017, 10:05

RugbyLiebe wrote:
Neptune wrote:Rugbyliebe, you were to make a confirmation about the Germany - Kenyan game in Nairobi. So, has it been confirmed officially?

Me? :D
I just wrote that I doubt it as it is in the end phase of the German championship, but that I myself would off course welcome such a much. But I am not involved with the German Union. So no idea, if the Kenyan Union pulled another "Kenya" or if this time they announced a real game.

:lol: :lol: :lol: , fair enough. Only time will tell :D

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum