Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

German rugby

Posts: 894
Joined: Sun, 18 May 2014, 13:27
National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Re: German rugby

Postby Working Class Rugger » Mon, 27 Mar 2017, 12:56

Figaro wrote:
Working Class Rugger wrote:Which language? There were more than 500 different distinct indigenous languages when colonists arrived. None of them with the requisite number of native speakers to be considered the dominant, logical language. Even in the local area where the Sydney colony was established. There were half a dozen different indigenous cultures within a 50km radius.


What's the "requisite number" of speakers, and who decides what that number is? It looks to me though like European Australians behaved pretty much like European colonists did everywhere else, including plenty of places where there was a single widespread local language, so this seems like a post-fact rationalization to me rather than a good excuse for what happened.

I've no doubt there was a lot of diversity but that doesn't seem to me to provide carte blanche for the colonists to ignore them all; if anything it should have led to a heightened sense of the fragility of the local situation and of the sensitivity it called for - at least, that's how you'd hope people would behave today.

That said, I don't think there's any need to make excuses for the behavior of our ancestors. As I said, it was a different age. The point I'm trying to make is that we should be careful about saying how people who are not like us "should" act. It's very easy for people who are of the dominant race/culture/language to say what people who aren't should do.


It means populations. Most languages didn't have a great many active speakers. While there were some phonetically similar character among many it was more along the lines of what Italian is to Spanish than the form of German spoken in Germany as opposed to that spoken in Austria at one time.

Posts: 2928
Joined: Sat, 05 Jul 2014, 02:44
National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Re: German rugby

Postby thatrugbyguy » Tue, 28 Mar 2017, 10:46

RugbyLiebe wrote:You are welcome. Even after you just made about 4-5 grammar mistakes in this small sentence and nobody knows if you are talking to one or multiple persons :D
But the sense comes across and you did the right thing.


I'm a bit rusty. :)

I did start learning basic Russian for a little while back and took to it surprisingly quickly for reasons I never understood until my parents told me I use to speak fluent Polish with my Polish grandparents when I was really young, and Polish and Russian from what I understand have some overlap with their language. I guess subconsciously it's all still in my brain, lol.

Posts: 780
Joined: Thu, 15 Dec 2016, 11:18
National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Re: German rugby

Postby Neptune » Tue, 28 Mar 2017, 14:45

The game against Kenya Simbas and Germany has just been confirmed by WR. Can't wait to see you guys in Nairobi. :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_mid- ... rnationals

Posts: 1268
Joined: Wed, 14 Oct 2015, 13:30
National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: German rugby

Postby RugbyLiebe » Tue, 28 Mar 2017, 14:52

Neptune wrote:The game against Kenya Simbas and Germany has just been confirmed by WR. Can't wait to see you guys in Nairobi. :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_mid- ... rnationals


Do you have a link to the world rugby confirmation? Your wikipedia link has the Kenyan news as its source...
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

Posts: 780
Joined: Thu, 15 Dec 2016, 11:18
National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Re: German rugby

Postby Neptune » Tue, 28 Mar 2017, 15:09

RugbyLiebe wrote:
Neptune wrote:The game against Kenya Simbas and Germany has just been confirmed by WR. Can't wait to see you guys in Nairobi. :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_mid- ... rnationals


Do you have a link to the world rugby confirmation? Your wikipedia link has the Kenyan news as its source...



Nope, im just banking on wikipedia's word. hehehe :D

Posts: 380
Joined: Sun, 11 May 2014, 18:08
National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Re: German rugby

Postby sanitycheck » Tue, 28 Mar 2017, 19:49

its quite possible - 27th May the only bundesliga game on is RGH and Luxembourg. ....
Formerly known as "Aus_in_Germany"

Posts: 132
Joined: Wed, 28 Oct 2015, 12:36

Re: German rugby

Postby DRL » Wed, 29 Mar 2017, 09:13

Aus_in_Germany wrote:its quite possible - 27th May the only bundesliga game on is RGH and Luxembourg. ....

Theweekend was free because its the weekend planned for an eventual relegation match vs Portugal.
The match vs Kenya is still NOT in the World Rugby calendar. Its not on the DRV Page. But that means nothing.

Posts: 780
Joined: Thu, 15 Dec 2016, 11:18
National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Re: German rugby

Postby Neptune » Wed, 29 Mar 2017, 09:49

DRL wrote:
Aus_in_Germany wrote:its quite possible - 27th May the only bundesliga game on is RGH and Luxembourg. ....

Theweekend was free because its the weekend planned for an eventual relegation match vs Portugal.
The match vs Kenya is still NOT in the World Rugby calendar. Its not on the DRV Page. But that means nothing.



But, didn't someone earlier on in the thread post an article from WR confirming the same? It was in German, so i couldn't understand it. I dropped German in high school and opted for French. :)

Posts: 780
Joined: Thu, 15 Dec 2016, 11:18
National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Re: German rugby

Postby Neptune » Wed, 29 Mar 2017, 09:52

Why do you fear playing Kenya in Nairobi? I promise we will be gentle ;) :)

Posts: 132
Joined: Wed, 28 Oct 2015, 12:36

Re: German rugby

Postby DRL » Wed, 29 Mar 2017, 11:02

Neptune wrote:
DRL wrote:
Aus_in_Germany wrote:its quite possible - 27th May the only bundesliga game on is RGH and Luxembourg. ....

Theweekend was free because its the weekend planned for an eventual relegation match vs Portugal.
The match vs Kenya is still NOT in the World Rugby calendar. Its not on the DRV Page. But that means nothing.



But, didn't someone earlier on in the thread post an article from WR confirming the same? It was in German, so i couldn't understand it. I dropped German in high school and opted for French. :)

And i transtlated it for you.
"A possible match against Kenya." That was the main statement.
Theres no fear. There is simply nothing official in this story.
Nothing from World Rugby.
Nothing from DRV.
Only a story from KRU. And we had the same story a cupple of times in the last years. a match against Germany that never happend.

Posts: 1268
Joined: Wed, 14 Oct 2015, 13:30
National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: German rugby

Postby RugbyLiebe » Mon, 24 Apr 2017, 11:36

http://www.lerugbynistere.fr/news/top-1 ... 171108.php

German rugby patron Hans-Peter Wild about to buy Stade Francais ?! :shock:

The article is not really exact as they don't really understand, that he's behind Capri Sun and they wrote the given name of the German national coach wrong.
And I'm not going to make any jokes about German presence in Paris :D
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

Posts: 244
Joined: Wed, 15 Mar 2017, 09:56
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: German rugby

Postby Bogdan_DC » Mon, 24 Apr 2017, 11:57

This will make from SF a clear winner of the French league for few years, until a Georgian & a Yankee will take the team to give it back to the French. Hmm familiar story...Now on a serious note, interesting times for German rugby.This could be a great platform for you. Let's wait and see.

Posts: 174
Joined: Wed, 11 Jun 2014, 07:45
National Flag:
ArgentinaArgentina

Re: German rugby

Postby carbonero » Mon, 24 Apr 2017, 14:46

RugbyLiebe wrote:http://www.lerugbynistere.fr/news/top-14-un-milliardaire-allemand-en-lice-pour-reprendre-le-stade-francais-paris-2404171108.php

German rugby patron Hans-Peter Wild about to buy Stade Francais ?! :shock:

The article is not really exact as they don't really understand, that he's behind Capri Sun and they wrote the given name of the German national coach wrong.
And I'm not going to make any jokes about German presence in Paris :D


The original report is more complete: https://www.midi-olympique.fr/article/2 ... nd-en-lice

User avatar
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue, 22 Apr 2014, 05:29
National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: German rugby

Postby germanbullsfan » Mon, 24 Apr 2017, 17:21

The possible idea behind that is dead charming! Take the oppertunity and buy one of the established Top 14 Clubs within the best Rugby League in Europe and you get a first class connection for the german Rugby Development with multitude of possibilitys .
It would be a huge wakeup call within the german Sports and Mediaworld! Mr. Wild do it!

Posts: 448
Joined: Mon, 12 May 2014, 21:05
National Flag:
IrelandIreland

Re: German rugby

Postby dropkick » Mon, 24 Apr 2017, 19:56

It would be great if it happened! Link up the Germany academy with SF's expertise.

Posts: 1268
Joined: Wed, 14 Oct 2015, 13:30
National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: German rugby

Postby RugbyLiebe » Tue, 25 Apr 2017, 07:43

German rugby portal totalrugby.de on the "Stade Allemand"-topic:

http://www.totalrugby.de/content/view/8895/36/

Outtakes
- While Wild might have the money for it, the visit of Robert Mohr and Kobus Potgieter was nothing special. Just the year before they visited Racing Metro - to see the sport facilities and get a climpse how they do things"
- The Wild Rugby Academy has refused to comment on this matter until now.

Fun facts: Wild's father played for the Heidelberger RK. Notice that Wild is 75 years old and his father was born 1904. Some tradition there.
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

Posts: 1268
Joined: Wed, 14 Oct 2015, 13:30
National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: German rugby

Postby RugbyLiebe » Wed, 14 Jun 2017, 07:04

Big news again coming from Stade Francais Paris.

Some points out of the interview:
- Hans-Peter Wild told a newspaper from Heidelberg, that he bought SF for 2 Euro - without any debts on it. BUT there also was no money at all in the club so he gave a 30 million guarentee for the next 3 years + all the running costs from day one (unusual as normally this would be paid from the club's capital money.

- New sport director is Robert Mohr the director of the Wild Rugby Academy, former German international and former captain of Stade Rochelais.
- Stade Francais will be in Heidelberg in August to train with the German national team.
- The anual turnover of SF is 27 million Euro atm. Wild expects this to grow and SF to be profitable in the future

- the new rugby high performance centre will cost about 10 million Euro and will be based in Heidelberg and costs about 10 million Euro.

- 76-year-old Wild will give the brand "Capri Sun" in a foundation. So even after his death this foundation will finance another foundation dedicated to bring German rugby forward. This will run a certain amount of time, but he hasn't specified it.

https://www.rnz.de/nachrichten/region_a ... 82220.html
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

Posts: 199
Joined: Fri, 15 Aug 2014, 13:57

Re: German rugby

Postby Raven » Mon, 19 Jun 2017, 10:57

Apparently Nuremberg (Regional League Champions in Bavaria) don´t want to go up to the 2.Bundesliga; I don´t know if it´s because of this but there´s a Buzz going on in the South of Germany (Baden Wurttemberg / Bavaria) about their Leagues format changes (as always).

Does anybody have any reliable source or info about it?

Posts: 1268
Joined: Wed, 14 Oct 2015, 13:30
National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: German rugby

Postby RugbyLiebe » Mon, 19 Jun 2017, 11:39

Raven wrote:Apparently Nuremberg (Regional League Champions in Bavaria) don´t want to go up to the 2.Bundesliga; I don´t know if it´s because of this but there´s a Buzz going on in the South of Germany (Baden Wurttemberg / Bavaria) about their Leagues format changes (as always).

Does anybody have any reliable source or info about it?


Nah, the Bavarian league system is really stable with a full 8 team Regionalliga (apart from the US-army-team which got relegated this year) and the Verbandsliga North & South all playing 15s with 6 teams each. No changes are planned at all.
It is a club intern Nürnberg problem that they decided to stay down despite being in a position where they actually are forced to go up by the league rules. The Vice-champion Unterföhring (Munich county) declared that they will go up instead. As Nürnberg just barely won the championship due to more bonus points (Nürnberg 9 wins, 1 draw, 2 losses and Unterföhring 10 wins, 2 defeats). It shouldn't be a big difference in playing quality.

Unterföhring might face Stuttgart for playoff home and away. If Southern club Neuenheim beats Western club Aachen in the 1. Bundesliga South/west relegation both , Unterföhring and Stuttgart will go up. And it would be a huge surprise if Neuenheim (Heidelberg) doesn't beat Aachen.
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

Posts: 199
Joined: Fri, 15 Aug 2014, 13:57

Re: German rugby

Postby Raven » Mon, 19 Jun 2017, 12:11

RugbyLiebe wrote:
Raven wrote:Apparently Nuremberg (Regional League Champions in Bavaria) don´t want to go up to the 2.Bundesliga; I don´t know if it´s because of this but there´s a Buzz going on in the South of Germany (Baden Wurttemberg / Bavaria) about their Leagues format changes (as always).

Does anybody have any reliable source or info about it?


Nah, the Bavarian league system is really stable with a full 8 team Regionalliga (apart from the US-army-team which got relegated this year) and the Verbandsliga North & South all playing 15s with 6 teams each. No changes are planned at all.
It is a club intern Nürnberg problem that they decided to stay down despite being in a position where they actually are forced to go up by the league rules. The Vice-champion Unterföhring (Munich county) declared that they will go up instead. As Nürnberg just barely won the championship due to more bonus points (Nürnberg 9 wins, 1 draw, 2 losses and Unterföhring 10 wins, 2 defeats). It shouldn't be a big difference in playing quality.

Unterföhring might face Stuttgart for playoff home and away. If Southern club Neuenheim beats Western club Aachen in the 1. Bundesliga South/west relegation both , Unterföhring and Stuttgart will go up. And it would be a huge surprise if Neuenheim (Heidelberg) doesn't beat Aachen.


But why Stuttgart if they lost to Frankfurt II and then the Frankfurters went on to beat Heidelberg RK II in the final too? meaning there is not one but 2 teams in a better position to go up?

With a hypothetical scenario of Stuttgart or Heidelberg II going up, and with Pforzheim II falling out of the 3.Liga Sud it would leave that league with 3 teams only...hence why I mention that buzz that the league might be 3.Liga Sud West again?

Posts: 1268
Joined: Wed, 14 Oct 2015, 13:30
National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: German rugby

Postby RugbyLiebe » Mon, 19 Jun 2017, 12:54

Raven wrote:
But why Stuttgart if they lost to Frankfurt II and then the Frankfurters went on to beat Heidelberg RK II in the final too? meaning there is not one but 2 teams in a better position to go up?

With a hypothetical scenario of Stuttgart or Heidelberg II going up, and with Pforzheim II falling out of the 3.Liga Sud it would leave that league with 3 teams only...hence why I mention that buzz that the league might be 3.Liga Sud West again?


Don't know about BW tbh. Apparently Stuttgart didn' even play the league intern playoffs. I think the 3. Liga Süd/West was a great idea at its start, but it isn't one any more. From another perspective Stuttgart is the third worst BW club playing 15 a side.
On the other side, Neckarsulm just got promoted to 1. Bundesliga which makes 6 BW teams playing Bundesliga 1.

But back to this case. The 3. Liga South/West has nominated Stuttgart, Bavaria has nominated Unterföhring.
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

Posts: 380
Joined: Sun, 11 May 2014, 18:08
National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Re: German rugby

Postby sanitycheck » Mon, 19 Jun 2017, 17:39

Frankfurt II wants to move up to 2nd Bundesliga.


Ive heard chat that its going to be a 1 round comp, then restart the season after the winter break and go to a calender year season. Makes sense.
Formerly known as "Aus_in_Germany"

Posts: 199
Joined: Fri, 15 Aug 2014, 13:57

Re: German rugby

Postby Raven » Mon, 19 Jun 2017, 21:07

Aus_in_Germany wrote:Frankfurt II wants to move up to 2nd Bundesliga.

Ive heard chat that its going to be a 1 round comp, then restart the season after the winter break and go to a calender year season. Makes sense.


I think it´s weird that Stuttgart gets hand picked for a play off with no clear grounds... However it may be that Frankfurt II gets promoted to 2.Bundesliga West and either Stuttgart or Unterföhring go to the 2.Bundesliga Sud?

It´s difficult to understand, even worse now with Neckarsulmer (in 2.BL Sud) going up to the 1. Bundesliga Sud/West after beating RC Aachen (from 2.BL West), and RC Luxemburg going down from the 1.BL Sud/West -I would assume to 2.BL West-. Meaning that if Frankfurt II does go up, as there was no team from the 2.BL West promoted but actually one relegated to that pool this group could end up having 9 teams?...

On the other hand, the 2.BL Sud, presents 2 scenarios, with Neckarsulmer going up and Regensburg 2000 going down, the pool is left with 6 teams, adding the Play Off winner between Stuttgart and Unterföhring means 7 teams in the group, one less than the current season; unless Heidelberg RK II is also going up (as they were the runners up) and the Play Off between the southern regions is to decide the 8th spot. Although it´s just an assumption. If HRK II isn´t going up then I don´t see the reason why the 2 southern teams are playing a Play off if both could be promoted to fill all 8 spots.

And I´m not even mentioning how this can affect the Regional Leagues cause sky is a limit.

Jesus German rugby is unnecessarily complicated :geek:

Posts: 1268
Joined: Wed, 14 Oct 2015, 13:30
National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: German rugby

Postby RugbyLiebe » Tue, 20 Jun 2017, 05:04

It is very simple, you are making it way more complicated tbh.
This is not a rugby scenario at all, but a scenario in every league with more than one league feeding them
Don't understand why you bring up HRK II at all.

Made some Edits here:

Stuttgart who finished 2nd in 3. Liga Southwest group south wants to go up. Unterföhring 2nd from Bayern wants to go up. The teams above have declined. So the regional federations forming the 2. Bundesliga South (= BW and Bavaria) were asked to nominate their best teams willing to go up. Those teams are SRC and RCU.
If Neuenheim stays up there are six of the eight places in the 2. Bundesliga South occupied. So two spare places. Both state union's team are promoted directly.

And if Neuenheim wins, Stuttgart and Unterföhring won't play a playoff, but off course there need to be set dates (1.7 and 8.7.) before.

End of story.

2. Bundesliga West never had 8 teams this season so there is also no problem. Not sure if NRW has nominated someone though.
Last edited by RugbyLiebe on Tue, 20 Jun 2017, 06:40, edited 1 time in total.
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

Posts: 380
Joined: Sun, 11 May 2014, 18:08
National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Re: German rugby

Postby sanitycheck » Tue, 20 Jun 2017, 06:31

HRK II didnt want to go up from my understanding.
Formerly known as "Aus_in_Germany"

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 8 guests