Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

German rugby

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Re: German rugby

Postby Armchair Fan » Fri, 01 Jun 2018, 10:41

Blurandski wrote:
Bogdan wrote:Maybe Wilde is not interested in Heidelberger Rugby anymore. I have heard from friend in Deutschland that Akademy will stop because Paris Rugby is very
expensive and Wilde only want one professional team and not two.

If I were him I'd run WRA as a youth development academy, with he best going on to play for SF.

He made it clear in a recent interview with Rugbyrama that he was going to stop investing in HRK. This will only accelerate his exit.

National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Postby thatrugbyguy » Fri, 01 Jun 2018, 10:49

"The spokesman also explained that there is a recognition that clubs such as Edinburgh and Glasgow Warriors, or Munster and Leinster, have long established histories and rivalries which mitigate against their owners being able to ‘influence or to control the management or performance of two clubs in the same competition’."

What the hell does history and rivalries have anything to do with it? Is there anything stopping the SRU from building one team to be bigger and better than the other in order create a club with a more identifiable brand globally? Neither Glasgow or Edinburgh have the same status at club level internationally as a club like Saracens, or Crusaders, or Brumbies, or Munster, so what stopping them from influencing one team over the other in order to try and do that? Basically, they are giving the SRU the benefit of the doubt because of history, they don't trust Wild for reasons that just don't make much sense. Why would anyone who has stakes in two different rugby clubs, from two different competitions, from two different countries, want to influence one over the other? What gain is there for someone to sabotage one of their two markets?

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Fri, 01 Jun 2018, 11:22

If you put it on paper all REC countries got at least one decision against them. Is got anything to do with France vote for World Cup?or we really are very amateurish?conspiracy theory? Probably the later but 2018 is definitely a year to forget for REC.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Fri, 01 Jun 2018, 11:52

Bogdan_DC wrote:If you put it on paper all REC countries got at least one decision against them. Is got anything to do with France vote for World Cup?or we really are very amateurish?conspiracy theory? Probably the later but 2018 is definitely a year to forget for REC.

Let's face it: off course all Unions involved (and I wouldn't even take out the Wild-setup) are amateurish in one way or the other. That's what emerging nations are. They need to learn over the years. On the pitch by playing better teams, outside by being taken by the hand and advised correctly if they are about to do or did something wrong. I mean how do you raise your kids? Set clear rules, be stright but fair and tell them if they are about to do something wrong. And most important warn them, that if they do this, they gonna be penalized.

But all rugby administration is like raising your kids in the 50ies. If they did something wrong beat them up. But make sure you get the belt before.

I don't think there is a conspiracy theory. Rugby administrations simply don't see unions outside of the Commonwealth as their kids, but as stepkids they don't like (maybe even as the dirty neighbour's kid). There seems to be no interest in growing the sport and no initiatives to grow the game at all from the Home Nations.
Normally sport is about including people, but rugby seems to always look for reasons to not include someone.

National Flag:
MacauMacau

Postby olivier » Fri, 01 Jun 2018, 12:15

EPCR think themselves... Anyway, it seems HPW don't care at all and will give up HRK... Krasny Yar already sent a bid to EPCR.

National Flag:
PakistanPakistan

Postby jservuk » Fri, 01 Jun 2018, 15:05

Rugby Union administration is a joke.

If it weren't for huge investment from individuals in Germany and Georgia the sport would be no where in these countries. Wilde stepped in to buy SF and in doing so preserved a Marquee club in France. The guy has done a lot for the sport, and now it's been thrown back in his face.

My enthusiasm for the sport is waning as direct result of their continuing elitist attitudes and especially their reluctance to spread the game in T2/T3. I am deeply troubled by the rush to stage games in USA, when we know that Georgia is a hot bed right now. I fear we will see in Georgia what we have seen in Romania - a failure by WR to recognise a growing and passionate fan base and club system and help it along simple by playing a few games there.

Say what you like about FIFA being self serving, but it's undeniable that for all the greed they have grown the game and invested hugely in their developing nations.

As far as damage to German rugby, I think this one might have a short-term deflating effect, but people will pick themselves up and carry on.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Wed, 06 Jun 2018, 08:45

The German civil war has come to an end.
http://www.totalrugby.de/content/view/9478/37/

DRV and Wild Rugby Academy reached an agreement. All Wild players will be available for the Qualifier on June 16th against Portugal and the preparation for it.
Kobus Potgieter and Pablo Lemoine are joined head coaches.
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:
PortugalPortugal

Postby suofficer » Wed, 06 Jun 2018, 08:50

well i wouldn't throw the towel in yet. But well done to them for getting their act together. Hopefully we can start bringing some credibility back to proceedings

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby CM » Wed, 06 Jun 2018, 09:34

Apparently only short term, but maybe a long term solution will follow after the annual meeting in July.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan » Wed, 06 Jun 2018, 09:37

not true everything. Wilde stop working with German and Heidelberger Rugby, player have no contract and that’s why can play national team.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby CM » Wed, 06 Jun 2018, 09:46

Bogdan wrote:not true everything. Wilde stop working with German and Heidelberger Rugby, player have no contract and that’s why can play national team.

According to the pm the WRA and the GFR are involved, so both Wilds foundation and his rugby company.

And there are no news from either of them about the future. As far as they don't say anything I do assume "business as usual".

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Wed, 06 Jun 2018, 09:52

CM wrote:
Bogdan wrote:not true everything. Wilde stop working with German and Heidelberger Rugby, player have no contract and that’s why can play national team.

According to the pm the WRA and the GFR are involved, so both Wilds foundation and his rugby company.

And there are no news from either of them about the future. As far as they don't say anything I do assume "business as usual".

Bogdan's statement is definitely false as the season hasn't ended yet. HRK plays in the cup this saturday. So they are still under contract. This is also in the statement, as they write that the players are on unpaid holidays for this.
What's your source, new Bogdan?

What the future brings is another thing.
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Wed, 06 Jun 2018, 09:56

That's definitely confusing having almost the same ID. Make something :).

National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Postby thatrugbyguy » Wed, 06 Jun 2018, 11:11

Is there any actual plan in place in the unlikely event Germany somehow beat Samoa in the qualifiers? I know the odds aren't great but if they've got all their first choice players they've got their best shot ever at creating a miracle in qualifying. What's the plan if that happens?

National Flag:
WalesWales

Postby Figaro » Wed, 06 Jun 2018, 11:29

thatrugbyguy wrote:Is there any actual plan in place in the unlikely event Germany somehow beat Samoa in the qualifiers? I know the odds aren't great but if they've got all their first choice players they've got their best shot ever at creating a miracle in qualifying. What's the plan if that happens?

Surely Germany getting through the repechage is more likely.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Wed, 06 Jun 2018, 11:54

thatrugbyguy wrote:Is there any actual plan in place in the unlikely event Germany somehow beat Samoa in the qualifiers? I know the odds aren't great but if they've got all their first choice players they've got their best shot ever at creating a miracle in qualifying. What's the plan if that happens?

Play in the World Cup in a group with Ireland, Scotland, Japan and Russia sounds like a hell of a plan for me in the unlikely case that we manage to beat Samoa :D

Or did you mean something entirely different?

National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Postby thatrugbyguy » Wed, 06 Jun 2018, 12:21

RugbyLiebe wrote:
Play in the World Cup in a group with Ireland, Scotland, Japan and Russia sounds like a hell of a plan for me in the unlikely case that we manage to beat Samoa :D

Or did you mean something entirely different?

I'm mean stuff like how much preparation time is the team going to have before September 2019? Are they going to get better coaching staff in? Will they have the best team available? What about warm up games? There would have been no expectations of them even being in this situation 6 months ago given the issues with the players and Wild, so we talking about very little time to put things in order. They've basically got two additional chances to qualify when the German RU were probably already thinking about 2023 instead.

Figaro wrote:
Surely Germany getting through the repechage is more likely.

Either way.

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby TheStroBro » Wed, 06 Jun 2018, 14:28

Straight out of DRV's mouth...http://www.rugby-verband.de/15er-rugbyn ... -portugal/

So, your source may not have as much of truth as you think. And as I said previously, change your screen name unless you're attempting to sew confusion.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Wed, 06 Jun 2018, 14:38

thatrugbyguy wrote:I'm mean stuff like how much preparation time is the team going to have before September 2019? Are they going to get better coaching staff in? Will they have the best team available? What about warm up games? There would have been no expectations of them even being in this situation 6 months ago given the issues with the players and Wild, so we talking about very little time to put things in order. They've basically got two additional chances to qualify when the German RU were probably already thinking about 2023 instead.

We've got a saying in German that you first have to kill the bear before you can divide its fur. So let's first beat the Wolves (Portugal = los Lobos). And if we do so, play Samoa twice. After that the DRV can start to make first plans. A thing we discussed for years is that you get a lot of money from World Rugby for the preparation for the RWC. This is especially to make sure that your team is competitive and was quite successful in the last editions. I'm quite sure whoever qualifies will have a decent time and resources to prepare for Japan 2019. Remember that even the repechage winner has 10 months until the big thing starts.
Last edited by RugbyLiebe on Thu, 07 Jun 2018, 04:56, edited 1 time in total.

National Flag:
ArgentinaArgentina

Postby argie » Wed, 06 Jun 2018, 23:22

Germany Set to Return to Full Strength for RWC Qualifier
http://www.americasrugbynews.com/2018/0 ... qualifier/

National Flag:
PolandPoland

Postby rey200 » Thu, 07 Jun 2018, 07:47

The most important thing after qualifying would be to get into the mainstream media. Kicker.de has almost every sport covered, but rugby coverage is almost non existent, and maybe it would be the chance to get a foot into "normal" territories.
I have strong doubts about it.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Thu, 07 Jun 2018, 08:01

Any news about HRK participation in Challenge Cup? Any chance to make them change their mind? If not, it will set a new standard for how low T1 establishment can go against T2&T3. Or being back in the race for RWC is enough and people won't be bothered by this anymore?

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Thu, 07 Jun 2018, 08:31

rey200 wrote:The most important thing after qualifying would be to get into the mainstream media. Kicker.de has almost every sport covered, but rugby coverage is almost non existent, and maybe it would be the chance to get a foot into "normal" territories.
I have strong doubts about it.

If a German team is particpiating all the news agency will have reports about all the German games as well as build ups etc.
Especially with many newspapers taking over most of the agency articles nowadays, there would be a lot of content.
Also the latest RWC had really good tv ratings in Germany, being broadcasted on free-tv channel Eurosport. I always was suprised, how many people watched it and talked to me about it.

Playoff-winner:
Tuesday vs. Russia (September 24th), monday vs. Scotland (30.9.), saturday vs. Japan (5.10.) and saturday vs. Ireland (12.10.).
Repechage winner:
Thursday vs. Italy (September 26th), wednesday vs. New Zealand (2.10.), tuesday vs. South Africa (8.10.) and monday vs. Africa 1 (13.10.).

Borth timings are okay as they could build up some momentum, because all of Europeans will normally have trouble to see the games midweek with Japan being 7 hours ahead of the German time-zone. Also there is not that much content on a tuesday morning for German sports sites. A game on October 3rd would have been a big thing as that's the German national holiday.

But again: first Portugal, then lets see what's happening. All of the times apply to whoever wins playoff/repechage, so might be interesting for everyone

Postby Raven » Thu, 07 Jun 2018, 08:37

RugbyLiebe wrote:But again: first Portugal, then lets see what's happening. All of the times apply to whoever wins playoff/repechage, so might be interesting for everyone

Yeah, I think you are getting very much ahead of yourself, it was great to hear all the Wild Boys will be back, but we´ve seen teams choke in 1-game opportunities like these.

I personally want to see the roster. Whether any new faces will appear - besides the obvious HRK picks...

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Thu, 07 Jun 2018, 08:53

Raven wrote:
I personally want to see the roster. Whether any new faces will appear - besides the obvious HRK picks...

Looking forward to this as well. Hopefully the Vannes-9+10-combo Menzel/Hilsenbeck will be there.
The other French legionaires Nostadt, Tyumenev and Marks are crucial and hopefully Dyckhoff who great played in the 2018 REC.

This was the line-up in the last pre-civil-war game in November against the USA.

1. Nostadt Julius TSV Handschuhsheim (now a starter at Aurillac in the ProD2)
2. Barber Dash Heidelberger RK
3. Füchsel Samy Heidelberger RK
4. Poppmeier Michael Heidelberger RK
5. Marks Eric La Rochelle (FRA)
6. Ferreira Sebastian Heidelberger RK
7. Otto Jacobus Heidelberger RK
8. Schramm Ayron Heidelberger RK
9. Armstrong Sean Heidelberger RK
10. Hilsenbeck Christopher RC Vannes (FRA)
11. Dacau Mathieu Tarbes (FRA)
12. Parkinson Rayons Heidelberger RK
13. Winston Cameron Dow SC Frankfurt 1880
14. Coetzee Marcel Heidelberger RK
15. Schulte Hagen Heidelberger RK
16. Schröder Jörn Heidelberger RK
17. Tyumenev Mikael RC Strasbourg (FRA)
18. Dickinson Anthony RG Heidelberg
19. Preocanin Adam Old Ethamian’s (ENG)
20. Henn Marcel Neckarsulmer SU
21. Mathurin Pierre Heidelberger RK
22. Liebig Steffen Heidelberger RK
23. Murphy Jamie Heidelberger RK

Out of this Füchsel is injured and won't be available. Dash Barber and Jared Els (who hasn't even played the USA) couldn't play the Bundesliga final for the HRK. Haven't heard about another one.
Last edited by RugbyLiebe on Thu, 07 Jun 2018, 08:55, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum