Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

German rugby

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Re: German rugby

Postby TheStroBro » Mon, 20 Aug 2018, 15:45

4N wrote:So Lemoine is leaving or what?

I'll be honest here, what I had been told is that Ford was going to Germany for a Technical director role and did not want to be the coach.

Postby 4N » Mon, 20 Aug 2018, 15:51

Ok. Thanks.

National Flag:

Postby TheStroBro » Mon, 20 Aug 2018, 16:08

According to Paul Healy's facebook he left his role with the DRV in July and returned to Australia.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Tue, 21 Aug 2018, 09:25

TheStroBro wrote:According to Paul Healy's facebook he left his role with the DRV in July and returned to Australia.

Kind of reminds me, when Healy was signed and everybody assumed at first he would be the coach. Ford as a new technical director sounds interesting, but can't really tell if he makes a big difference there. But it makes sense in one way, as a better defensive structure is the key to success imho for all tier2&3 nations and that's what Ford got praised for when he started coaching. This repechage is the biggest chance we probably will ever get to qualify for a RWC. Now is the time to try everything and if Ford can make a difference, lets go for him.
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Postby Thomas » Tue, 21 Aug 2018, 10:04

is it official or just hearsay??

National Flag:

Postby sanitycheck » Tue, 21 Aug 2018, 17:17

Thomas wrote:is it official or just hearsay??

Hearsay at the moment.
Formerly known as "Aus_in_Germany"

National Flag:

Postby TheStroBro » Tue, 21 Aug 2018, 18:25

Thomas wrote:is it official or just hearsay??

Now...this is a BBC guy, not some small American Rugby Blogger [Me]:

Chris Jones: "He’s a consultant - will likely be doing work with other T2 sides under a World Rugby scheme."

https://twitter.com/chjones9/status/1031440264597065728

I highly doubt the working with T2 plural piece there. It's probably working in Healy's old position as a "consultant" so if they fail to make the repechage he's not blamed. But if they perform well he can take credit and return to a job in England.

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Tue, 21 Aug 2018, 18:30

Or he just meant he's in the very same World Rugby portfolio of Tier 1 coaches being parachuted onto Tier 2 and 3 nations on demand, like Kingsley Jones...

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Sat, 25 Aug 2018, 18:24

Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Fri, 07 Sep 2018, 10:59

https://www.rugby-verband.de/deutsche-x ... er-chance/

Very interesting detail: Ford is the coach, Potgieter is the new director of 15s rugby.

For non-German-speakers there actually is an English version when you scroll down.

National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Postby Immenso » Tue, 11 Sep 2018, 02:56

There's a young German boy who cam out to Nelson College in NZ last year. Anton Segner.

He has made the NZ Schoolboys camp (53 players). The final NZ Schoolboys team is named after that camp for the Oceania Tournament.

I think he is still has a year remaining at school, so is giving away a year in age to the majority of players who will make the final squad. So this maybe is still a year too early for him. Young guys get called into these camps (and the U20s camp) even if the more realistic goal is for the coaches get to have a look at them with a view to the following year.

This is an article from just over a year ago:
https://www.stuff.co.nz/nelson-mail/spo ... ew-zealand

The initial plan was to stay in Nelson for half a year.

"But then I made the First XV and I asked my parents if I could stay til the end of this rugby season."

He's still negotiating with his parents about any longer term commitments although Segner's adamant that he wants to remain in New Zealand.

"When I came here, my goal was to get into the First XV and then into the Crusaders Academy, which I'm fighting for right now. And then if I make it into that, hopefully I can convince my parents that I can stay a bit longer."

His family's coming to Nelson in July when Nelson College host's this year's annual Quadrangular Trophy - and maybe another chance to impress on his parents the merits of a professional rugby career.

This is nice to read with a little bit of hindsight.
1. If he made his school's First XV at just 15 years of age, then that's a very good achievement - especially for a forward.
2. He did make the Crusaders academy this year.
3. Now he's made a national camp.

Still very young. Well done, good to see a young ambitious kid achieving his goals.

National Flag:

Postby sanitycheck » Thu, 20 Sep 2018, 00:35

Immenso wrote:There's a young German boy who cam out to Nelson College in NZ last year. Anton Segner.

He has made the NZ Schoolboys camp (53 players). The final NZ Schoolboys team is named after that camp for the Oceania Tournament.

I think he is still has a year remaining at school, so is giving away a year in age to the majority of players who will make the final squad. So this maybe is still a year too early for him. Young guys get called into these camps (and the U20s camp) even if the more realistic goal is for the coaches get to have a look at them with a view to the following year.

This is an article from just over a year ago:
https://www.stuff.co.nz/nelson-mail/spo ... ew-zealand

The initial plan was to stay in Nelson for half a year.

"But then I made the First XV and I asked my parents if I could stay til the end of this rugby season."

He's still negotiating with his parents about any longer term commitments although Segner's adamant that he wants to remain in New Zealand.

"When I came here, my goal was to get into the First XV and then into the Crusaders Academy, which I'm fighting for right now. And then if I make it into that, hopefully I can convince my parents that I can stay a bit longer."

His family's coming to Nelson in July when Nelson College host's this year's annual Quadrangular Trophy - and maybe another chance to impress on his parents the merits of a professional rugby career.

This is nice to read with a little bit of hindsight.
1. If he made his school's First XV at just 15 years of age, then that's a very good achievement - especially for a forward.
2. He did make the Crusaders academy this year.
3. Now he's made a national camp.

Still very young. Well done, good to see a young ambitious kid achieving his goals.

My understanding is hes got two more years left of school (I could be wrong though) .

Hes also captain of the First XV . Quite an achievement. The kids a machine and has the work ethic to match, his serious goal is to make the All Blacks . I for one wont be surprised if he does.
Formerly known as "Aus_in_Germany"

Postby 4N » Sun, 23 Sep 2018, 14:14

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Tue, 25 Sep 2018, 07:02

German prop Samy Füchsel trains with the Saracens until the German preparation camp starts in october.

http://www.totalrugby.de/content/view/9605/37/

Previous

Return to Rugby Forum