Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

German rugby

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: German rugby

Postby RugbyLiebe » Fri, 29 Mar 2019, 09:18

NedRugby wrote:Sounds good to me. My step-sister lives in Munich. Sounds like a visit is on the cards. It can't be long before they merit a stop on the world circuit. Is there a women's tournament?

There is an amateur tournament just 500m away with also a women competition. The German national team, a South African touring team and I think an Us (?) touring side was confirmed.
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Fri, 29 Mar 2019, 09:29

RugbyLiebe wrote:For the first time in history the All Blacks will play on German soil this year.

Raven wrote:It´s hard for me to get too excited about it, considering it´s the RWC2019 opening weekend...

The problems of German rugby in a nutshell. Everywhere else you would go nuts and be excited about an incredible weekend of endless rugby ahead of you.

Btw. it is not the opening weekend, but the second one. The World cup games are early in the morning. I could imagine, that they might have a screen in the stadium to watch that as well. At least worth a suggestion. As the tv station with the World Cup rights is also situated in Munich, they might even have a stand or area.

All times in MESZ
Saturday, September 28th:
Argentina vs. Tonga 6:45 am
Japan vs. Ireland 9:15 am
South Africa vs. Namibia 11:45 am

Sunday, September 29th
Georgia vs. Uruguay 7:15 am
Australia vs. Wales 9:45 am
Scotland vs. Samoa 12:15 pm
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

Postby Raven » Fri, 29 Mar 2019, 11:34

RugbyLiebe wrote:
RugbyLiebe wrote:For the first time in history the All Blacks will play on German soil this year.

Raven wrote:It´s hard for me to get too excited about it, considering it´s the RWC2019 opening weekend...

The problems of German rugby in a nutshell
. Everywhere else you would go nuts and be excited about an incredible weekend of endless rugby ahead of you.

Btw. it is not the opening weekend, but the second one. The World cup games are early in the morning. I could imagine, that they might have a screen in the stadium to watch that as well. At least worth a suggestion. As the tv station with the World Cup rights is also situated in Munich, they might even have a stand or area.

All times in MESZ
Saturday, September 28th:
Argentina vs. Tonga 6:45 am
Japan vs. Ireland 9:15 am
South Africa vs. Namibia 11:45 am

Sunday, September 29th
Georgia vs. Uruguay 7:15 am
Australia vs. Wales 9:45 am
Scotland vs. Samoa 12:15 pm

You may want to take another look at your calendar ;) ; https://oktoberfest7s.com/ dates are 21st and 22nd of September. Opening weekend. And only that many cool games to watch...

Sep 21st
Australia v Fiji
France v Argentina
New Zealand v South Africa

Sep 22nd
Italy v Namibia
England v Tonga
Ireland v Scotland

Perhaps the times will be similar to the ones you posted tho, so I take your valid point. Don´t let my pesimism towards an awkward organization ruin your excitement mate!

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Fri, 29 Mar 2019, 12:32

Raven wrote:You may want to take another look at your calendar ;) ; https://oktoberfest7s.com/ dates are 21st and 22nd of September. Opening weekend. And only that many cool games to watch...

Lol, I actually at first had two of those games listed, then somehow decided it was the next weekend ;-)
Thanks for the correction, I think that you are correct, that the times stay the same.

Raven wrote:Perhaps the times will be similar to the ones you posted tho, so I take your valid point. Don´t let my pesimism towards an awkward organization ruin your excitement mate!

Why do you think this organization is awkward? They secured a lot of money from the city until 2022, they basically bring in the top6 7s teams in the World, which also includes some of the nations were the most visitors to the Oktoberfest come from. I already received questions for tickets from outside the rugby bubble. The tournament is in an iconic stadium, which proofed to have a great atmosphere in 2017. I mean you can always find a fly in the oinment for sure.

And lets face it, that is probably the biggest rugby event we will have in Germany in the next 10 years. Why not be excited about it. Because there are some XVs games in Japan in the morning?
Please help me understand this mindset (serious question). In my honest opinion it is like getting a soup and giving it back to the waiter because there is too much meat in it, when you actually should know, that this is the only thing you can eat all day.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby germanbullsfan » Fri, 29 Mar 2019, 13:24

Even the grinch is excited , especially when the sevens team made the WS entry in HK ! :shock:

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby oldprussians » Sun, 31 Mar 2019, 11:48

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby oldprussians » Sun, 31 Mar 2019, 15:28

So who is the coach now?

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby germanbullsfan » Sun, 31 Mar 2019, 18:02

Dead _Unions dont need coaches!

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby oldprussians » Mon, 01 Apr 2019, 08:16

germanbullsfan wrote:Dead _Unions dont need coaches!

blimey you're bitter have a sweet!! ;)

But.... in all seriousness has he officially left?

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Mon, 01 Apr 2019, 08:38

oldprussians wrote:
But.... in all seriousness has he officially left?

Not sure. Also not sure, if this would interfere at all with the role as a German national coach. The regular season ends May 18th and Leicester are not really playoff candidates this year, apparently. Also I am not sure, when the relegation game is played.

National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Postby Thomas » Mon, 01 Apr 2019, 10:33

I don't think there is a relegation game anymore as far as I know is ONE UP - ONE DOWN

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Mon, 01 Apr 2019, 10:56

Thomas wrote:I don't think there is a relegation game anymore as far as I know is ONE UP - ONE DOWN

That's definitely wrong. There is a relegation game.

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Mon, 01 Apr 2019, 11:09

FROM COMP MANUAL
2.2.3.1. Play-off to access to 2019/2020 Championship
Number 6th of 2018/19 Championship v 1st 2018/19 Trophy 1st June 2019 (tbc)

National Flag:

Postby Thomas » Mon, 01 Apr 2019, 11:46

Which Manual is that? according to the RFU Website the Champion is automatically promoted (the endless play off system was scrapped) on this weekend results, London Irish will be promoted automatically. I's been one of Nigel Melville's changes since he took over as Director of Professional Rugby with the caveat of additional funding for the RFU to cement their place in the Premiership.

The bottom Premiership team is relegated which makes Leicester position precarious, they also get a parachute money if they are relegated. However the only conditions for the promoted team they must meet stadium criteria or they are not promoted.

Relegation Match was scrapped after 2017. I cannot find anything on the RFU Site that is being re-introduced. At present according to Premiership Rugby Ltd. Newcastle are at the bottom of table and getting dropped.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Mon, 01 Apr 2019, 11:50

Ah, you were talking about the English league system. Me and FR are talking about the Rugby Europe Championship and Germany's upcoming relegation game.

National Flag:

Postby Thomas » Mon, 01 Apr 2019, 11:55

ah, makes sense... I would have thought Ford would have remained in place for Germany's fight. Leicester have enough depth to avoid the drop.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Mon, 01 Apr 2019, 13:32

Thomas wrote:ah, makes sense... I would have thought Ford would have remained in place for Germany's fight. Leicester have enough depth to avoid the drop.

We don't know. But as I tried to state in the first post, he is actually not needed until the regular English Premiership season is finished, as its season finishes some time before the REC relegation games (If the relegation game is June 1st, that's exactly two weeks). I don't think Germany will have more prep time together.

National Flag:
SwedenSweden

Postby sanitycheck » Tue, 02 Apr 2019, 06:44

something is going to have to give if the relegation game is 1st of June. thats the same day as the bundesliga semis.
Formerly known as "Aus_in_Germany"

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby Werner » Tue, 02 Apr 2019, 07:58

sanitycheck wrote:something is going to have to give if the relegation game is 1st of June. thats the same day as the bundesliga semis.
European Rugby Trophy's last game is 8th of June and the Trophy winner has not yet been determined so far. Therefore one can only guess.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Tue, 02 Apr 2019, 08:10

Werner wrote:
sanitycheck wrote:something is going to have to give if the relegation game is 1st of June. thats the same day as the bundesliga semis.
European Rugby Trophy's last game is 8th of June and the Trophy winner has not yet been determined so far. Therefore one can only guess.

Thanks for the supposed date. Makes my point more valid. So three weeks from the ending of the Premiership regular season until the relegation match.

I was surprised, that the Trophy winner isn't determined yet, but you are right as Lithuania in theory still has a chance if they win all games with a bonus point (but we'll know if this could be more than a theoretical chance this saturday, when they face Portugal)

National Flag:
GreenlandGreenland

Postby Vultureblack » Fri, 12 Apr 2019, 17:11

The office of the German federation and three fellow board members really must hate their president Robin Stalker.
Below follows what Jens Poff (signed to the right and addressed Robin at times individually „Ich weise Sie“) and two co-signatories wrote to him and the regional rugby federations in the country (all grammatical errrors that my German friend who keyed this in pointed out are left unchanged.)
This followed after Poff solely voted against the appointment of Kieran Lees, an outcome which was successfully challenged by co-signatory Romana Thielicke at the judiciary commission of the federation.
Good read to everybody to whom German is intelligeble.

Deutscher Rugby Verband, Postfach 1566 D-30015 Hannover
Geschäftsstelle
Ferdinand-Wilhelm-Fricke-Weg 10
D-30169 Hannover
Telefon: + 49-(0)511-14764
Telefax: + 49-(0)511-1610206
e-Mail: office@rugby-verband.de
Internet: http://www.rugby.de

Herr
Robin J. Stalker

Sehr geehrter Herr Stalker,
in Anbetracht der offensichtlich prekären finanziellen Situation, in der sich der Deutsche Rugby-Verband befindet, und die sich aus den Verbindlichkeiten der Bilanz für 2017, den Planzahlen für 2019 und der daraus resultierenden Überschuldung ergibt und in Folge dessen seit Januar 2019 fällige Schulden in Höhe von ca. 144.000 EUR nicht beglichen werden können, fordern wir sie unverzüglich dazu auf, uns darüber zu unterrichten, wie sie den Haushalt 2019 finanzieren und die Liquidität des Deutschen Rugby-Verbandes widerherstellen möchten.
Ich weise Sie darauf hin, dass dem Deutschen Rugby-Verband die Zahlungsunfähigkeit droht und setze Ihnen aufgrund der Eilbedürftigkeit eine Frist zur Aufklärung der Situation bis zum
Sollte Sie uns bis dahin nicht umfassend durch einen Haushaltsplan darüber in Kenntnis gesetzt haben, wie sie die derzeitige Zahlungsunfähigkeit und die bestehende Überschuldung des Deutschen Rugby-Verbandes abwenden bzw. ausgleichen, werden wir die Leitungsebenen des Bundesministeriums des Inneren, für Bau und Heimat über die akute Gefahr einer Zahlungsunfähigkeit in Kenntnis setzen.
Des Weiteren stellen wir folgende Forderungen:
1. Die Neuwahl des Vorstandes nach § 26 BGB
2. Das Verfassen einer Stellenbeschreibung für die Vorstandspositionen mit zuvor festgelegter Aufgabenverteilung. Diese ist öffentlich aus zu schreiben
3. Die Erstellung eines verschiebbaren Wirtschaftsplans 2019
4. Die Findung eines Kompromisses mit dem Bundesministeriums des Inneren, für Bau und Heimat und dem Deutschen Olympischen Sportbund (DOSB) zur schnellstmöglichen Aufhebung der drohenden Erhöhung der Eigenmittelquote
5. Die Eröffnung eines Kontos für die Leistungssportmittel des Bundes
6. Die Pflichtbesetzung des Vorstands Leistungssport, entsprechend der Stellenbeschreibung des DOSB
Sollten Sie unseren Forderungen nicht bis zum
in Gänze nachkommen, sehen wir uns in der Pflicht, Gespräche mit dem Deutschen Olympischen Sportbund und World Rugby über die weitere Zukunft des Deutschen Rugby-Verbandes zu führen.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Romana Thielicke Vizepräsidentin Rugby-Jugend
Michael Schnellbach Vizepräsident Leistungssport
Jens Poff Vorsitzender des Bundesligaausschusses
Last edited by Vultureblack on Fri, 12 Apr 2019, 17:33, edited 1 time in total.

National Flag:
GreenlandGreenland

Postby Vultureblack » Fri, 12 Apr 2019, 17:22

The election of Lees and another executive were held on March 17, 2019 and announced on the federation's webpage ten days later: https://www.rugby-verband.de/neue-fuehr ... y-verband/
The judiciary commission ruled on March 30, 2019 on an objection filed three days earlier.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby Saracenswulfpackdef » Sat, 13 Apr 2019, 05:23

Hi Vultureblack, Did you or your friend key all that in? But I can't quite see the faulty German. A live is too short to learn German said Mark Twain. But I thought I would know after studying hard all those years in the country.

National Flag:
GreenlandGreenland

Postby Vultureblack » Sat, 13 Apr 2019, 06:39

Easy: „Sollte Sie uns ...“ should read „SollteN Sie uns“ (Also note that on this occasion, for „Sie“ a capital letter is used. The polite form. But it is the only instance. Everywhere else lower case letters were preferred to adress the recipient.)
Had Poff used a spellcheck, he would have stumbled across „widerherstellen.“ It ought to be „wiEderherstellen.“ In this particular case.
My German pal told me, native trip over this frequently. But I could have done without him just spellchecking.

National Flag:
GreenlandGreenland

Postby Vultureblack » Sat, 13 Apr 2019, 06:43

But this is not about spelling. It goes to the root of the matter: That DOSB thing. That institution at the moment pays for many 7-a-side players because of the Olympics. It had suggested a while ago that the post of director of sport should be held by the same individual as the „Vorstand Leistungssport.“
This did fall through in that election. All the fuzz is to retribute for that.
Or rather to twist Robin Stalker's arm (to put it mildly) to rectify that. When otherwise the nomination of Heine and Lees was a big step forward. Which was meant to happen right at the beginning of Stalker's tenure mid-2018. Now it is all gloves off, a bareknuckle fight. With German rugby even more bruised.

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum