Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

German rugby

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: German rugby

Postby RugbyLiebe » Mon, 15 Apr 2019, 08:54

If this says anything at all, it is "welcome to amateur country". Including the focus on wrong spellings.
The whole thing annoys the shit out of me.
Shut up, stop your egos and talk about it internly. If you got no majority, then try to get one at the next election. Until then, shut up and don't display anything a community theatre would be ashamed of.
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

Postby Raven » Mon, 15 Apr 2019, 09:50

Can I get a bit of an explanaiton of what all the fuss is about?

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Mon, 15 Apr 2019, 10:08

Raven wrote:Can I get a bit of an explanaiton of what all the fuss is about?

Apparently two sides with different opinions about the installation of the new DRV CEO. The losing side found a legal gap, which lead to the CEO election being invalid. There was a quick judical decision, which was sent ante per e-mail by the DRV court, that the selection was indeed invalid, as one representative authortiy was nullified (basically a stupid hole in DRV laws, which doesn't allow representation and really unclearly states how to actually represent an absent person).

Then the DRJ (German youth rugby) didn't read the judgement correctly and misunderstood, that the DRV simply couldn't make a statement on it. That's because they were waiting for the official written statement, which wasn't sent out until the week before HK (That the official statement was to be released later, was actually in the judgement in calendar week 14). So hours before the judgement really arrived on Monday, 8th in DRV headquarters the DRJ went public and claimed that the DRV didn't accept this judgement.
(It was the Hong Kong weekend as well, with ALL and I mean ALL big guys being in Asia).

Imho a big and very stupid ego game by the DRJ. And from the many people I've talked to, all think the same about this.
Nothing to really think about, hopefully only the last step of eliminating amateurish and unprofessional behaviour in the DRV organization.

And no, I don't care at all, about what they wanted to reach politically, as this wasn't the way, the time or the place to talk about it.
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby Saracenswulfpackdef » Wed, 24 Apr 2019, 06:21

From what I gathered going through all that was made available to the public (DRJ on facebook, the ruling of the legal body, the opinion piece on totalrugby, president Stalker's statement on the federation website, german-rugby.de, the discussion on DRJ facebook with a variety of opinions expressed,) both individuals elected have their respective appointment invalidated (or at least vigorously challenged.) Not just Kieran Lees, the gentleman with the controversial salary.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Fri, 26 Apr 2019, 17:28

So the court of Hanover (Landgericht Hannover) has validated the announcements.

So as I thought, much ado about nothing.
Habemus official CEO.

https://www.rugby-verband.de/landgerich ... min-heine/

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby Saracenswulfpackdef » Sat, 27 Apr 2019, 06:25

Hi RugbyLiebe,
The Stalker-Wild-camp surely scored the equalizer yesterday (if not more.) Score 1:1.
But I am baffled about your message. Whether it is really meant to be taken at face value.
To be fair, you are like all the expats in the small local German rugby scene following the sharp end: Opinionated and on one side of the divide between Wild and Wilhelm in the ever smouldering Rugbystreit. It's either black or white.
While your last post marks you as pro-Stalker, I am not quite sure whether this is not just irony. Tongue-in-cheek.
As all the Wilhelm guys clearly are super keen like you to have this bitter letter swept under the carpet. Nobody likes hate speech like that, only a negligible few see it as healthy debate. Or rather progress „the hard way“ with all reasonable other means exhausted.
Especially at a time when the national side is in limbo and its survial seriously under threat.
Catch up with you later

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Sat, 27 Apr 2019, 19:52

Saracenswulfpackdef wrote:Hi RugbyLiebe,
The Stalker-Wild-camp surely scored the equalizer yesterday (if not more.) Score 1:1.
But I am baffled about your message. Whether it is really meant to be taken at face value.
To be fair, you are like all the expats in the small local German rugby scene following the sharp end: Opinionated and on one side of the divide between Wild and Wilhelm in the ever smouldering Rugbystreit. It's either black or white.
While your last post marks you as pro-Stalker, I am not quite sure whether this is not just irony. Tongue-in-cheek.
As all the Wilhelm guys clearly are super keen like you to have this bitter letter swept under the carpet. Nobody likes hate speech like that, only a negligible few see it as healthy debate. Or rather progress „the hard way“ with all reasonable other means exhausted.
Especially at a time when the national side is in limbo and its survial seriously under threat.
Catch up with you later

First of all I am not an expat by any means. I am a German born in Germany to German parents.
I am not in anyone's camp. I have my own opinion and my opinion is only based what I think myself is best for German rugby.

What I don't like is people losing in a dispute and then coming up with a "Paragraphenreiter"-way of changing things. As I stated before, if you don't have a majority, campaign for it. I am not sure if this appointment is the best thing to do and never stated it. But I haven't seen a viable alternative to it. I've seen no better plan. As long as this is the case, I am for the guys with a plan.

I am sick of people of whatever "camp" trying to change things you don't like in a sneaky way after a decision was made by a majority.

The way the DRJ came up with this was nothing but amateurish in my honest opinion. You are free to have another opinion. This overshadows anything else for me.

But please don't ever start bullshit like calling my posts "hate-speech" or the like only because I might have a different opinion.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby Saracenswulfpackdef » Sun, 28 Apr 2019, 10:27

No worries, with hate speech I meant that the letter of Poff et al was not too elegant. Nor was it measured. (In hindsight „hate speech“ perhaps is too much of a catch all and was not precise use of words in this context. Surely your concerned contributions are not hate speech.)
The aim of Poff's letter was clearly not to defeat the other side on a contentios decision but to annihilate. Rather than campain trusting the merit the own case. But the Rugbystreit was always marked by strong personal elements and heated emotions (beyond sensitive pros and cons for each way of doing things.)
That is where a difference in our view exists. I welcomed the chance of seeing that letter. Where you saw harm in that rare instance of transparency. Tip of the iceberg at best. Although there is no beauty in that bickering of small minded people in their own little world of German rugby.
Camps, I wish there were none. And positions were more malleable and open. I'd be glad if my perception of this widespread phenomenon was too pessimistic.
This matters at an new era of co-operation and common sense came unstuck. Peace under combined leadership of Robin Stalker as president and Alexander Michl did not take anything away from the fortunes of my beloved VII-a-side national team. This legitimate policy was an open secret, appreciated for being consistent and straightforward amid strained ressources.
But maybe sacrificing participation at the 2019 world cup for the larger version of the game and the readyness to prioritize likewise away from the goal of averting relegation from the current level at the Rugby Europe Championship took this concise approach too far.
This stance obviously antagonized Stalker's majority in the board against the fraction of Manuel Wilhelm and his supporters like Poff. Another draw as an outcome now looks unlikely. So at last the Rugbystreit comes to its head these days. Pressure is added by the federation being bust since the dramatic reign of Blank, Wilhelm, Himmer, and Zeiger and their determinded but self sacrificing fight for independence.
I fail to see evidence to doubt your conclusion which fraction has the upper hand now. And I am not able to see a way to avoid a string of resignations of the people whose actions you dissaproved,
I happily take back my assumption that you are an expatriate. If you saw that as a put down, I apologize.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby MartinCraig » Mon, 06 May 2019, 11:41

Über die Missachtung der Rechtsprechung und die Irreführung der Öffentlichkeit

Es ist die wahrscheinlich größte Farce in der Geschichte des Deutschen Rugby-Verbandes e.V. (DRV):
Die Kausa Keiran Lees und Benjamin Heine entwickelt sich immer mehr zu einer ethischen wie juristischen Tragödie. Sie wirft die Frage auf, ob die Führung des DRV überhaupt noch fähig ist einen Bundesverband zu führen und könnte verstehen lassen, wieso ein DRV-Präsidiumsmitglied mit dem Vorstoß an die Öffentlichkeit einen Felsbrocken ins Rollen brachte.

(Wem der Sachverhalt bereits hinreichend bekannt ist, kann gerne bis „Am Mittag“ runterscrollen.)

Am 17.03.2019 wählte das DRV-Präsidium Keiran Lees und Benjamin Heine zu den neuen DRV-Vorständen. Sie sollten somit die einflussreichsten Ämter bekleiden, über die der DRV verfügt.

Am 8. April ist um 12.19Uhr über Facebook bekannt geworden, dass seitens der Vizepräsidentin Rugby-Jugend am 27. März ein Wahlanfechtungsantrag beim DRV-Schiedsgericht eingereicht worden ist. Eine entsprechende Mitteilung auf der Homepage des DRV sei gelöscht, der Zugang zu der Webseite daraufhin gesperrt gewesen.

Das Vorgehen der Urteilsveröffentlichung zog seitens der Rugby-Community scharfe Kritik nach sich, der auch ich mich anschloss.
Wenige Stunden später ist über die Webseite des DRV das bereits auf Facebook gepostete Urteil veröffentlicht worden. Dieses bestätigt Wort für Wort, dass auf der DRJ-Facebookseite veröffentlichte Schreiben. Zudem ließ es erkennen, dass es bereits am 30. März unterzeichnet worden ist, genau neun Tage bevor die DRJ an die Öffentlichkeit gegangen war. Der Eingang des Urteils beim DRV sei am 8. April um 14.19Uhr erfolgt.
Um 19.36Uhr erfolgte ein Nachtrag der DRJ, indem sie versuchte ihr Vorgehen zu erläutern.

Bereits wenige Stunden später war in einschlägigen Kommentarzeilen zu lesen, dass einem der Vorstandsmitglieder eine Summe in Höhe von etwa 12.000EUR gezahlt werden solle. Diese Meldung ist weder durch die DRJ noch durch den DRV bestätigt oder dementiert worden.

Am Mittag des 12. Aprils erfolgte eine weitere brisante Meldung, die allerdings wenig Wiederhall in der Rugby-Community fand: Auf der Seite des Rugby-Forums t2rugby.com kursierte ein Brief, der durch die Präsidiumsmitglieder Jens Poff, Michael Schnellbach und Romana Thielicke unterschrieben und an DRV-Präsident Robin J. Stalker adressiert worden sei. Der Brief führt aus, dass der DRV vor der Insolvenz stünde, begründet durch die „prekäre[n] finanzielle[n] Situation, in der sich der Deutsche Rugby-Verband befindet, und die sich aus den Verbindlichkeiten der Bilanz für 2017, den Planzahlen für 2019 und der daraus resultierenden Überschuldung ergibt und in Folge dessen seit Januar 2019 fällige Schulden in Höhe von ca. 144.000 EUR nicht beglichen werden können“. Der Brief drohte damit World Rugby, den DOSB und das Bundesinnenministerium über diesen Sachstand in Kenntnis zu setzten, wenn keine Reaktion erfolge. Existenz und Inhalt des Briefes sind weder durch die DRJ noch durch den DRV bestätigt oder dementiert worden.

Anschließend hörte man lange nichts, bis der DRV am 26. April seine Maske fallen ließ. An hiesigem Tag veröffentlichte der DRV einen „Hinweis des Landegerichts [(LG)] Hannover“ und erklärte die Kausa Lees und Heine für erfolgreich beendet, schließlich habe das Landgericht eine Entscheidung getroffen.

Was nur diejenigen wissen, die über tiefere juristische Kenntnisse verfügen, ist allerdings ungeheuerlich. Dieser Hinweis lässt auf vielerlei Informationen schließen:

Zum einen zeigt er, dass höchstwahrscheinlich eine Einstweilige Verfügung (EV) beantragt und diese auch höchstwahrscheinlich abgelehnt worden ist, andernfalls hätte das Gericht dem Antrag unverzüglich stattgegeben bzw. solch einen Hinweis niemals aufgesetzt. Die durch den DRV benannte Passage zeigt somit ausschließlich eine Vorabeinschätzung, die für Juristen mit Kenntnissen im Vereins- und Verbandsrecht allerdings hochgradig fragwürdig erscheinen müsste (s.u.). Des Weiteren zeigt sie, dass die Einstweilige Verfügung durch Personen beantragt worden sein muss, die sich in ihren Rechten verletzt sahen, allerdings nicht einem Gremium des DRV angehörten (alles andere entzieht sich jeder juristischen Logik). Somit ist klar, dass entweder Herr Lees und/oder Herr Heine einen solchen Antrag gestellt haben müssen, da der Antrag gegen den DRV erfolgen musste, weil dieser durch sein Schiedsgericht eine vereinsintern unanfechtbare Entscheidung getroffen hat. Keine anderes Vorgehen kommt prozessrechtlich in Frage.

Anstatt diesen Umstand transparent darzulegen und den Antrag auf EV scharf zu kritisieren, präsentiert der DRV das Ergebnis einer juristischen Voreinschätzung aus einem höchstwahrscheinlich zugleich (aus unbekannten Gründen – höchstwahrscheinlich aufgrund mangelnder Eilbedürftigkeit oder aufgrund eines Formfehlers) abgelehnten Antrag auf Einstweilige Verfügung, welcher der Rechtsauffassung seiner eigens gegeben Gerichtsbarkeit widerspricht und gegen ihn als Verband gerichtet ist, als Sieg. Die DRV-Führung unterstützte also nicht nur das Begehren der gegen ihn gerichteten Einstweiligen Verfügung. Er präsentierte diesen „Hinweis des Landgerichts Hannover“ als abschließende gerichtliche Entscheidung, die allerdings höchstwahrscheinlich das genaue Gegenteil darlegt, nämlich eine Ablehnung des Antrags auf Einstweilige Verfügung, wie bereits ausgeführt.

Die Tatsache, dass Herr Lees und/oder Herr Heine versucht haben durch eine Einstweilige Verfügung gegen ihren zukünftigen Arbeitgeber vorzugehen erscheint juristische legitim, wirft aber die Frage auf, ob Herr Lees und/oder Herr Heine in tatsächlicher Hinsicht überhaupt noch als DRV-Vorstände tragbar sind.

Und als ob dieser Umstand nicht problematisch genug wäre, bezeichnet der DRV in einem offiziellen Facebookpost, der am 03.05.2019 um 23.56Uhr abgesetzt worden ist, Herrn Lees als DRV-Vorstand und versucht damit die abwegige Meinung zu manifestieren, dass Herr Lees tatsächlich rechtmäßiger DRV-Vorstand sei, obwohl bisher ausschließlich das allseits bekannte Urteil des DRV-Schiedsgerichts vorliegt und die einzig schlüssige Argumentation des LG Hannover die Wahl nicht zu annullieren in einer reinen Kausalitätsbetrachtung liegt. Der BGH ist mittlerweile (und dies sollte eigentlich mittlerweile auch den Richtern am Landgericht bekannt sein) von solch einer reinen Kausalitätsbetrachtung abgerückt. „Nach neuerer Rechtsprechung führen […] alle Verstöße gegen Satzungs- oder Gesetzesregeln zur Unwirksamkeit der Beschlüsse der Vereinsorgane, wenn diese Fehler das Mitglied in seinem Recht auf Beteiligung an der Willensbildung im Verein berühren. Ob der Beschluss auch ohne den Fehler so gefasst worden wäre, ist irrelevant. […]“

Diese Entwicklungen zeigen sehr deutlich, dass der DRV nicht nur geltende schiedsgerichtliche Entscheidungen weiterhin ignoriert, obwohl selbst ein Zivilgericht den höchstwahrscheinlich durch Herrn Lees und/oder Herr Antrag auf EV ablehnte, sondern auch noch die Argumentationslinie, dass Herr Lees aufgrund des Hinweises des LG Hannover rechtmäßiger Vorstand sei, weiterhin zu stützen versucht. Der DRV führt somit entweder die Öffentlichkeit vorsätzlich weiter in die Irre oder offenbart seine juristische Inkompetenz und es könnte deutlich werden, wieso Frau Thielicke den Schritt gegangen ist, den sie gegangen ist: Wenn die DRV-Führung sich seit längerer Zeit wie dargelegt verhält, ist klar, dass die Öffentlichkeit umfassend informiert werden muss, um den DRV vor einer weiteren, weitaus ernsteren Krise, zu bewahren.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Mon, 06 May 2019, 12:34

I must confess, that I am a huge fan of sources.

The part that the judgment was signed on March 30th, is simply bullshit, as the one from March 30th states that the official one won't be ready and sent out until the following calendar week. It is no surprise that it states the same things apart from that, but it makes a huge difference in this case as the DRV simply can't publish something without having the official statement in their hand. I mean they could have, but they are not forced to do that (and if I was the DRV president I also wouldn't have done this in the Hong Kong week).

About the judgment of the civil court. I don't know as I am not a lawyer (the one with the official statement is quite common within the business I work so that part I do know). But all of this sounds like a massive waste of time and senseless binding of scarce ressources to me. If I am right, the legal part is simply about, if somebody had the right to represent somebody.

Can somebody please enlighten me what the goal of all of this fuzz really is? What is the plan? Is there a master-plan to help German rugby or just hurt egos? Why trying so hard to get internas public? I don't understand it.

As I stated before over and over again: present your case at the Rugby Tag, convince people, that your position is better than the one of the president. But this behind the back and "he/she/them did this/that/something bad" does nobody good and especially not German rugby.
But please stop this bloody "Hütchenspielertricks" and this goes out to both sides.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby MartinCraig » Mon, 06 May 2019, 18:31

Hey RugbyLiebe,

To get things more accurate, I will write you an answer in German. My English is not good enough to respond properly.

Welche Quellen möchtest du genannt bekommen? Die einschlägigen Normen des BGB und der ZPO? Solltest du mit Quelle den Urheber des Textes meinen, bin ich der richtige Ansprechpartner.

Leider muss ich dir vollkommen widersprechen. Aus dem Urteil des Schiedsgerichtes auf der Webseite geht hervor, dass das Urteil bereits am 30. Juni ergangen ist. Des Weiteren sprach die DRJ in ihrem „Nachtrag“ von „weiteren Stellen“, die das DRV-Präsidium aufgefordert hätten das Urteil zu veröffentlichen. Mit „weiteren Stellen“ ist ganz offensichtlich das Schiedsgericht gemeint (alles andere wäre nicht logisch). Das Urteil ist den zuständigen Stellen, dies ist mir von mehreren (unabhängigen) Personen berichtet worden, am 30. Juni per E-Mail zugegangen.

Mir ist deine Argumentation nicht ganz schlüssig. Die DRJ hat in ihrem ersten Facebookpost ausgeführt, dass die Ursache der Klage finanzieller Natur sei. Diese Punkte sind wohl auch dem Schiedsgericht zugegangen. Die DRJ möchte sich aber nicht en Detail zu diesem Thema äußern, da sie darin eine massive Schädigung der Interessen des DRV sieht. Dies hat die DRJ in ihrem „Nachtrag“ erläutert. Somit handelt es sich beim Anfechtungsargument der Stellvertretung schlicht um einen Aufhänger, um das Gericht von der Nichtigkeit der Wahl zu überzeugen. Dies ist bei der Erstellung von Schriftsätzen gang und gebe, um die Richter von seiner Argumentation zu überzeugen und ihnen so viele Ankerpunkte wie möglich zu bieten. Sicherlich ist auch dem Schiedsgericht klar gewesen, was es bedeuten würde, wenn man die wohl äußerst kritische finanzielle Situation in einer Urteilsbegründung aufgegriffen hätte.

Wie kommst du auf die Idee, dass es hier um Egos geht? Wenn das mit den 12.000 Euro Grundgehalt wirklich stimmt (und dies gilt wohl mittlerweile als ziemlich gesichert), kann der DRV Insolvenz anmelden.

Du scheinst den Ernst der Lage leider noch nicht ganz begriffen zu haben. Wenn dem DRV die Insolvenz droht, geht es nicht darum Menschen zu überzeugen, sondern den Verein vor der Kapitulation zu bewahren.

Ich bin auf eine mögliche Antwort von dir gespannt.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby MartinCraig » Mon, 06 May 2019, 19:53

Es wird immer skandalöser.

Die Erklärung des DRV ( https://www.rugby-verband.de/an-die-drv ... OJ3HbPWbY8 ) bestätigt nicht nur meine Ausführungen hinsichtlich der Tatsache, dass der Hinweis aus einer Einstweiligen Verfügung (EV) resultiert, sondern bestätigt auch, dass die EV durch das LG Hannover abgelehnt worden ist.

Die Erklärung bestätigt mich auch in der Annahme, dass der DRV weiterhin Tatsachen höchstwahrscheinlich verschweigt und falsch darlegt.

Ein Faktencheck:

Der Bericht schreibt, die DRJ hätte das schiedsgerichtliche Urteil erwirkt. Dies entspricht nicht den Tatsachen. Der Antrag an das Schiedsgericht ist durch das Präsidiumsmitglied "Vizepräsidentin Rugby-Jugend" gestellt worden, eben nicht durch die DRJ als DRV-Organ. Zum einen wäre die DRJ nicht antragsberechtigt gewesen, zum anderen ist nicht ihr Rechtskreis berührt worden. Somit handelte es sich also nicht um ein Organstreitverfahren, sondern um eine präsidiumsinterne Wahlanfechtung.

Der Brief von Stalker beantwortet auch nicht, wer (prozessualrechtlich anders gar nicht möglich) den Antrag auf Einstweilige Verfügung (EV) gestellt hat, nämlich (höchstwahrscheinlich) entweder Herr Heine, Herr Lees oder beide gemeinschaftlich. Herr Stalker legt auch nicht dar, dass die EV (höchstwahrscheinlich - juristische Logik) gegen den DRV als Verband/Verein gerichtet war.

Und am Ende des Tages erläutert der Brief auch nicht, dass es sich zum einen um eine juristische Vorabeinschätzung handelt, und zum anderen der BGH die beschriebene reine Kausalitätsbetrachtung ablehnt (wobei letzteres ein Schuss ins eigene Bein gewesen wäre).

"Im Ergebnis aus meiner Sicht viel Wirbel um eine Formalie. Eventuell auch bei euch entstandene Irritationen bedauere ich.".
Diese Aussage ist falsch. Wenn es tatsächlich so ist, dann spricht ja nichts dagegen, den Brief des LG Hannover, den Klageschriftsatz von Frau Thielicke, das Protokoll aus der DRV-Präsidiumssitzung (1. Wahl von Lees und Heine) und einen Haushaltsplan, den sie schon längst dem DRT hätten vorlegen müssen (s. Protokoll des letzten DRT), zu veröffentlichen. Wird Herr Stalker das tun? Nein, er wird es nicht tun, weil er wahrscheinlich weiß, dass es dann seine letzte Amtshandlung gewesen wäre.

Man sieht: Hier wird mit der Unwissenheit der Mitglieder gespielt. Es ist eine Farce. Das Verhalten von Herrn Stalker ist für Menschen mit tieferen juristischen Kenntnissen dursichtig und zeigt die mangelnde Professionalität der Präsidiumsführung.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby CM » Mon, 06 May 2019, 21:27

Just for now also in German.

Die Aufregung über die einstweilige Verfügung ist meiner Meinung völlig fehl am Platz. Mit der Wiederholung der Wahl ohne den kleinen Formalfehler, der die Anfechtung möglich machte, ist die Sache erstmal zu Ende.

Es war ja von vorne herein klar, dass die Aktion der DRJ, bzw ihrer Vorsitzenden eine reine Verzögerungsaktion war. Da es ihnen offensichtlich nicht gelungen ist genug Vorstandsmiglieder von ihrer Sicht zu überzeugen, bin ich nicht sonderlich überzeugt von ihrer Argumentation.

Und die öffentliche Kommunikation der DRJ war zumindestens unglücklich. Mir war ehrlich gesagt nicht klar, was das ganze jetzt soll. Wissentlich den DRV in den Ruin treiben will hoffentlich keiner, und wenn von irgendwo aus irgendwelchen Ecken hohe Gehälter genannt werden, und von anderswo kommt, dass diese erfolgsbasiert ausgezahlt werden, ist auch keinen geholfen.

Wenn jetzt mal alle die Füsse stillhalten weiss man am DRT mehr, hoffentlich ohne weiteres Schmierentheater.

National Flag:
NetherlandsNetherlands

Postby Silver Fox » Mon, 06 May 2019, 21:34

Hi Martin, welcome to the forum. Your contributions sound like a lot of jurisdictional bla bla to me.
I fail to see why it is of any interest to us that you are still trying to get rid of you chosen chairman and why you have chosen this platform to ventilate your point of view.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby Platonese » Mon, 06 May 2019, 21:40

Lots of hearsay and unproven claims. Fact is the board elected the CEO and CFO last weekend (again). There is no point in dragging the out any longer. Abig issue in german rugby has alway bin big (sometimes even oversized) egos and relictance to change. Maybe this can be a new beginning.

And btw: we should stick to English in here. There are enough german speaking websites and forum.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby Platonese » Mon, 06 May 2019, 22:34

Back to business now:

Rugby Europe scheduled the relegation match against Portugal for june 15th. Therefore the german championship final had to be rescheduled and relocated as well for june 8th in Frankfurt (instead of Berlin).

So, the national team has probably only one week to prepare for the match against Portugal....tough.

National Flag:
PortugalPortugal

Postby suofficer » Tue, 07 May 2019, 06:22

any idea where it will be held? i shot early and booked my flight to Frankfurt for the 1st so will have to change it anyway.

I dont think Germany will be going into this as underdogs.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby Saracenswulfpackdef » Tue, 07 May 2019, 06:30

I appreciate M Craig's legal gobbledegook. But that would boil down to the power struggle is still being undecided. A power struggle fully into the open. And taken out beyond the boardroom. But at courts.
If I understood Vulturblack's insight (or interpretation) correctly it is between the 7-a-side fraction and the 15-a-side-fraction (used to be Wild / Mohr against Manuel Wilhelm, now Stalker against Wilhelm. Who substituted Blank, Himmer, and Zeiger with Poff and Thieliecke as his supporters.)
There was a re-election. And again Wilhelm did get voted into the post meant for him. The one to be filled by the person to which he would have to report.
The 15-a-side team was again in shambles. The bench for lock and flanker could only be manned with props. Support from the players from the sevens squad was not zero (the token contribution like in Marseille was Carlos Soteras-Merz. No wingers.) Semi-pro players did not get re-imbursed for their travel expenses. Unheard of in sevens. Others with too high travel expenses were not even invited (favouring among others below par players and a concussed one.) So one camp had it all its way.
Will that be stopped eventually? It's high time. In a few weeks "high noon" actually. Against Portugal, for relegation. A side against which some speedsters are mandatory. To have a fighting chance. Against all these odds.
After world cup qualification was successfully undermined, the team should not be sent down even lower. (Like it was argued for on TV during one of the live matches by a commentator often partnered and contracted by the German federation.)

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Tue, 07 May 2019, 06:34

CM wrote:Just for now also in German.

Die Aufregung über die einstweilige Verfügung ist meiner Meinung völlig fehl am Platz. Mit der Wiederholung der Wahl ohne den kleinen Formalfehler, der die Anfechtung möglich machte, ist die Sache erstmal zu Ende.

Es war ja von vorne herein klar, dass die Aktion der DRJ, bzw ihrer Vorsitzenden eine reine Verzögerungsaktion war. Da es ihnen offensichtlich nicht gelungen ist genug Vorstandsmiglieder von ihrer Sicht zu überzeugen, bin ich nicht sonderlich überzeugt von ihrer Argumentation.

Und die öffentliche Kommunikation der DRJ war zumindestens unglücklich. Mir war ehrlich gesagt nicht klar, was das ganze jetzt soll. Wissentlich den DRV in den Ruin treiben will hoffentlich keiner, und wenn von irgendwo aus irgendwelchen Ecken hohe Gehälter genannt werden, und von anderswo kommt, dass diese erfolgsbasiert ausgezahlt werden, ist auch keinen geholfen.

Wenn jetzt mal alle die Füsse stillhalten weiss man am DRT mehr, hoffentlich ohne weiteres Schmierentheater.

Diesen Post von CM würde ich 1:1 genau so unterschreiben und kann ihm auch nichts mehr hinzufügen. Exakt meine Sicht der Dinge.

National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Postby Caledor » Tue, 07 May 2019, 09:46

What is happening for the league structures next season in the Bundesliga?

German Rugby is in a real mess right now. The governance is a mess of infighting and poor management. No real strategic thinking or leadership. They should be planning how to improve grassroots and club rugby in the league structures and age group strcutures. They also need to strengthen systems and pathways for the regional and national teams from age group to mens and woman's full 7s and 15s teams.

The National team is at risk of getting relegated when they come up against a motivated Portugal team.

The National team has a conveyor belt of coaches coming and going. There are other instances of issues ongoing. It is a shame for German rugby supporters to see this. Things have to change for the better.

Postby Rugby7 » Tue, 07 May 2019, 12:25

suofficer wrote:any idea where it will be held? i shot early and booked my flight to Frankfurt for the 1st so will have to change it anyway.
It’s in Frankfurt.

https://www.rugby-verband.de/relegation ... m-sc-1880/

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby MartinCraig » Tue, 07 May 2019, 15:46

Its funny to read the opinions of people who have not understood the real purpose of Romana Thielicke's actions.
Its not about "Jura bla bla". Its about the serious financial situation that the DRV is facing, about money that can not be payed in the near future. But lets wait and see until the bubble will burst. Best of luck DRV

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby Saracenswulfpackdef » Wed, 08 May 2019, 06:24

The question to Romana Thielecke would be who was in charge when the federation lived beyond its means? And who made it possible as a creditor in that time. The problem was first reported in Rhein-Neckar-Zeitung mid-2018.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Thu, 09 May 2019, 09:19

MartinCraig wrote:Its funny to read the opinions of people who have not understood the real purpose of Romana Thielicke's actions.
Its not about "Jura bla bla". Its about the serious financial situation that the DRV is facing, about money that can not be payed in the near future. But lets wait and see until the bubble will burst. Best of luck DRV

Apparently a majority in the DRV counsil thinks that is not an issue, including the former CFO of Adidas, somebody judged by his job history might have some knowledge about finances and might have a plan to create more money for the Union. I also have heavy doubts that Stalker wants to go down in the history books as the guy who bankrupted the German Rugby federation.

I am sick of people not accepting decisions in German rugby and then setting up "Jurablabla", just to stop, as we've seen now, clear majority. The right way would have been to never do the "Jurablabla" (and get very obviously lost in it, like you show in this thread) and bring up the issues coming next Rugby Tag. I don't like when people use different things to make a point with something totally different. That's not how you create a successful Union.
We elected a counsil, it makes a decision with a majority, we stand behind it. End of story. If we have valid issues with it, we bring this issues forward in a civilized manner at a Rugby Tag and, if necessary, elect a new counsil.

In my personal case, the way the DRJ ( it is the DRJ btw., because Romana Thielecke is in this counsil not by person, but as the representative of the whole DRJ) did things, led me on the side of the DRV president in this. As I was disgusted by this obvious "Hütchenspielertricks" so much, that I had no other choice.

National Flag:
GreenlandGreenland

Postby Vultureblack » Sat, 11 May 2019, 11:33

Understand what Rugbyliebe wishes for. However,
- the silence from “the DRJ“ (quote Totalrugby,) or the group of three, is deafening.
- Whatever is going on behind closed doors, Robin Stalker did not smooth it over. His recent long public statement contains much. But it is not free of a modicum of bitterness (as was to be expected.) That does not sound like olive branches characterize what is going on in the board.
Whatever the group of three is aiming for, they are not able to evade natural laws. Among which:
If you strike at the king, make sure you kill him.

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum