Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

German rugby

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: German rugby

Postby RugbyLiebe » Mon, 15 Apr 2019, 08:54

If this says anything at all, it is "welcome to amateur country". Including the focus on wrong spellings.
The whole thing annoys the shit out of me.
Shut up, stop your egos and talk about it internly. If you got no majority, then try to get one at the next election. Until then, shut up and don't display anything a community theatre would be ashamed of.
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

Postby Raven » Mon, 15 Apr 2019, 09:50

Can I get a bit of an explanaiton of what all the fuss is about?

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Mon, 15 Apr 2019, 10:08

Raven wrote:Can I get a bit of an explanaiton of what all the fuss is about?

Apparently two sides with different opinions about the installation of the new DRV CEO. The losing side found a legal gap, which lead to the CEO election being invalid. There was a quick judical decision, which was sent ante per e-mail by the DRV court, that the selection was indeed invalid, as one representative authortiy was nullified (basically a stupid hole in DRV laws, which doesn't allow representation and really unclearly states how to actually represent an absent person).

Then the DRJ (German youth rugby) didn't read the judgement correctly and misunderstood, that the DRV simply couldn't make a statement on it. That's because they were waiting for the official written statement, which wasn't sent out until the week before HK (That the official statement was to be released later, was actually in the judgement in calendar week 14). So hours before the judgement really arrived on Monday, 8th in DRV headquarters the DRJ went public and claimed that the DRV didn't accept this judgement.
(It was the Hong Kong weekend as well, with ALL and I mean ALL big guys being in Asia).

Imho a big and very stupid ego game by the DRJ. And from the many people I've talked to, all think the same about this.
Nothing to really think about, hopefully only the last step of eliminating amateurish and unprofessional behaviour in the DRV organization.

And no, I don't care at all, about what they wanted to reach politically, as this wasn't the way, the time or the place to talk about it.
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

Previous

Return to Rugby Forum