Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

USA Rugby

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Re: USA Rugby

Postby Coloradoan » Mon, 04 Dec 2017, 02:04

TheStroBro wrote:At this juncture, is everyone ready for a separate MLR thread?

With rampant speculation about Canadian teams already happening, I think it doesn't really belong entirely on the USA Rugby thread anyway.

National Flag:

Postby TheStroBro » Wed, 06 Dec 2017, 22:25

The PRP is back. http://pacificrugbypremiership.com/

It's not what it was, but this could be a great amateur competition.

PRP North: Life West, Olympic Club, SFGG
PRP South: Belmont Shore, OMBAC, Santa Monica

For the most part the PRP is a the SCRFU and NCRFU DI Competition re-organized. A lot of teams were relegated. A lot of teams were relegated across the country by their GUs Dropping the overall national DI competition to 28 teams.

Looks like Tomasin and Augpurger are in the promo photos, not sure how that's going to work but I'm sure I'll find out.

National Flag:

Postby Suiram » Wed, 06 Dec 2017, 22:50

TheStroBro wrote:The PRP is back. http://pacificrugbypremiership.com/

It's not what it was, but this could be a great amateur competition.

PRP North: Life West, Olympic Club, SFGG
PRP South: Belmont Shore, OMBAC, Santa Monica

For the most part the PRP is a the SCRFU and NCRFU DI Competition re-organized. A lot of teams were relegated. A lot of teams were relegated across the country by their GUs Dropping the overall national DI competition to 28 teams.

Looks like Tomasin and Augpurger are in the promo photos, not sure how that's going to work but I'm sure I'll find out.

Is Don Pati in there too? I recognize Mils for Life West I assume...

Tomasin leaving the 7s program would be a pretty big blow. More importantly the idea that either of them would be playing PRP and not in MLR seems a bit surprising.

If SD Legion is real and needs to sign players, I suspect there will be lots of tears in PRP South in particular. Although I guess their season will be almost finished in time for MLR.

National Flag:

Postby Coloradoan » Thu, 07 Dec 2017, 00:32

It's basically an elite California championship. Nothing wrong with that and it will still be up there with the strongest club competitions in the country. It should also serve as a great scouting and proving ground for SD and eventually a Norcal team.

National Flag:

Postby TheStroBro » Sat, 09 Dec 2017, 00:04

National Flag:
ScotlandScotland

Postby Bruce_ma_goose » Sat, 09 Dec 2017, 08:54

TheStroBro wrote:I hope this means we're done: https://www.florugby.com/articles/60549 ... t-hearings

Very damning, and credit to Stephen Lewis for pursuing this. Fair to say I gave Doug Shoninger too much credit, even if I still think that elements in the US Union contributed to the situation and remain a concern going forward.

*falls on sword*

Previous

Return to Rugby Forum