Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

USA Rugby

National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Re: USA Rugby

Postby thatrugbyguy » Thu, 03 May 2018, 23:42

Just play some November tests on the way to Europe if they are that desperate. Or even do a full tour over there for one year instead of going to Europe.

National Flag:
UruguayUruguay

Postby NaBUru38 » Mon, 07 May 2018, 16:38

http://www.rugbytoday.com/elite/rim-dis ... -need-know

Friday, a statement from USA Rugby's board to its congress summarizing a report detailing the catastrophic nature of RIM’s fiscal situation came to light. After learning of $4.2 million in losses following USA Rugby’s February board meeting, the congress put together a task force to assess RIM’s viability as a company. “RIM, as an ongoing concern, has no ability to successfully sustain itself as a business,” the report read.

RIM is scheduled to make payments to USA Rugby in June, September and December totaling more than $1 million. Whatever RIM can’t come up with, USA Rugby is left without. Next year, RIM is supposed to pay USA Rugby more than $1 million more. That, too, would appear to be in jeopardy.

USA Rugby and RIM are “exploring all options to allow the company to stay in business. The intent of this work out is to allow the company to reorganized as a much smaller LLC over the next few months. The USA Rugby board, RIM board and members of both USA Rugby and RIM management are working diligently to not let RIM go out of business.”

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby TheStroBro » Mon, 07 May 2018, 20:13

World Rugby is bailing out USA Rugby. The negotiations are taking place now. No one knows the terms yet to my knowledge, but RIM's last egg is spent. There's no cash. Thank you RSA-Wales! The USOC will probably be getting involved as well.

National Flag:

Postby USA Rugby Fan » Thu, 10 May 2018, 23:35

Roster for 2018 Summer Test Series
https://www.usarugby.org/2018/05/mens-eagles-announce-full-roster-for-summer-test-series/

After reading this, apparently Eric Fry's return to the Eagles has been highly anticipated-who knew.

My initial reactions were as follows.
1. Great! Samu Manoa and AJ MacGinty are available! Good news for the Eagles.
2. Where is Psalm Woochang? And we seem to be a bit thin at flanker
3. New players being given opportunity to earn a cap-Paul Mullen & Callum Black
4. I don't ever remember the Eagles being 4 deep at Fly Half- AJ MacGinty, Will Hooley, Will Magie and Ben Cima.
5. Looking forward to seeing the Nick Civetta and Samu Manoa combo at lock-I can't think of a better lock combo ever (on paper) for the Eagles.
6. Joe Taufete'e is back at hooker, seem to recall he was injured during toward the end of the ARC
Twitter: @USA_Rugby_Fan

National Flag:

Postby TheStroBro » Fri, 11 May 2018, 00:25

USA Rugby Fan wrote:Roster for 2018 Summer Test Series
https://www.usarugby.org/2018/05/mens-eagles-announce-full-roster-for-summer-test-series/

After reading this, apparently Eric Fry's return to the Eagles has been highly anticipated-who knew.

4. I don't ever remember the Eagles being 4 deep at Fly Half- AJ MacGinty, Will Hooley, Will Magie and Ben Cima.
5. Looking forward to seeing the Nick Civetta and Samu Manoa combo at lock-I can't think of a better lock combo ever (on paper) for the Eagles.
6. Joe Taufete'e is back at hooker, seem to recall he was injured during toward the end of the ARC

Psalm Wooching has played ZERO rugby since the ARC. The chances of him every getting selected are between hell and purgatory. We are actually not thin at Flanker. It's our deepest position by far. I could probably go 5 or six deep at 6,7,8 if you really needed me to of capped and uncapped players that are better than him.

I think Manoa will be available for Russia and Scotland and then be released.

I think Black and Mullen may start all three matches. Joe had surgery right after the Canada match, the need for surgery was discovered when he returned to Worcester. I feel like we're going a little thin at lock and chose the wrong extra TH.

National Flag:

Postby TheStroBro » Fri, 11 May 2018, 17:41

Eugene Eloff has been suspended for 10 years, the suspension applies to every Union worldwide.

National Flag:

Postby USA Rugby Fan » Fri, 11 May 2018, 18:59

TheStroBro wrote:
USA Rugby Fan wrote:Roster for 2018 Summer Test Series

Psalm Wooching has played ZERO rugby since the ARC. The chances of him every getting selected are between hell and purgatory. We are actually not thin at Flanker. It's our deepest position by far. I could probably go 5 or six deep at 6,7,8 if you really needed me to of capped and uncapped players that are better than him.

I think Manoa will be available for Russia and Scotland and then be released.

I think Black and Mullen may start all three matches. Joe had surgery right after the Canada match, the need for surgery was discovered when he returned to Worcester. I feel like we're going a little thin at lock and chose the wrong extra TH.

Good to know that the Eagles have some depth at flanker, i saw 4 listed in the article and it seemed low, but in reality, Dolan could play flanker as well as 8 so the Eagles have five to cover that position.

We are always thin at prop, IMO. It's arguably the hardest spot on the field for the Eagles to place players who can compete at the international level. And you're right, we seem thin at lock as well. The drop off in skill and experience at the international level after Civetta and Manoa is considerable, was Greg Peterson not available (it seems like he's not played for the Eagles in a few years)?
Twitter: @USA_Rugby_Fan

National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Postby Buffalo » Fri, 11 May 2018, 22:42

USA Rugby Fan wrote:Good to know that the Eagles have some depth at flanker, i saw 4 listed in the article and it seemed low, but in reality, Dolan could play flanker as well as 8 so the Eagles have five to cover that position.

We are always thin at prop, IMO. It's arguably the hardest spot on the field for the Eagles to place players who can compete at the international level. And you're right, we seem thin at lock as well. The drop off in skill and experience at the international level after Civetta and Manoa is considerable, was Greg Peterson not available (it seems like he's not played for the Eagles in a few years)?

I don't think you're that thin at Lock. Ben Landry is right up there with the best in the Americas outside Argentina. He's one of your toughest forwards, signed with Ealing Trailfinders for next season and can cover Lock and 6 fairly well. He should be particularly effective against teams like Russia and Canada. Then there's Siaosi Mahoni who is young and powerful, fresh off a stint in France and should hold his own while David Tameilau can also slide into the 2nd Row if needed.

National Flag:

Postby Coloradoan » Fri, 11 May 2018, 22:54

Landry, Manoa, Peterson, Civetta are all solid plus Tameilau is a good impact sub who can play either lock or 8. Dolan can play there as well, if necessary. Then the next tier isn't bad either: Mahoni, Jensen, Brakeley. Where we are thin is really more at club level and lock is going to be a problem for MLR as injuries and international call ups happen.

National Flag:

Postby TheStroBro » Fri, 11 May 2018, 23:34

Landry, Civetta, Manoa, Jensen, Mahoni, Brakely, are the guys in the last year with solid work. Is that enough though? 6 Locks is thin. I think if the staff thought Peterson was to the standard he'd have gotten the call. I liked Daly, but this seems to be a clear message that you have to be in a certain style of training environment.

National Flag:

Postby TheStroBro » Mon, 14 May 2018, 19:48

Callum Black has backed out of his Eagles Call Up...thanks dude.

National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Postby sk 88 » Tue, 15 May 2018, 18:08

USA just tweeted then deleted this:

Looks like USA v Maori and Ireland v Italy (WTF?) in Chicago 3 November.

National Flag:
WalesWales

Postby dwpeate » Tue, 15 May 2018, 18:46

It is weird, but the Ireland Italy game was announced there a while ago if I remember rightly. Triple header is a great idea though

National Flag:

Postby TheStroBro » Tue, 15 May 2018, 22:37

dwpeate wrote:It is weird, but the Ireland Italy game was announced there a while ago if I remember rightly. Triple header is a great idea though

Not really, only a month or two ago.

National Flag:

Postby Suiram » Wed, 16 May 2018, 21:11

On Chicago. Super pumped for this. Will definitely be trying to go the full day. And way better than putting the Eagles over in Toyota Park. Having US vs Maori after Ireland Italy should work well as you'll get drunk people hanging around to watch that.

On Callum Black...fuck it. I did like the quote from Gary Gold that you need to want to represent the country and although he spent a lot of time talking with Black, he feels like you cant be chasing and begging people to play international rugby. Either they want to do it or they dont. Maybe that is a good broader point. Especially when talking about overseas guys with looser connections to the US. If you arent eager you wont play well, you wont be consistently available, and you are probably bad for the team's bonding / spirit / whatever.

I think guys like Lamborn and MacGinty seem to have really embraced the idea. Eager to be playing international tests, happy to be part of the Eagles, and good for the team. Chris Wyles should be the gold standard of this as a guy who got his big break from playing for the US and has never stopped paying that back. I dont care what your accent is or how distant your US connection is. As long as you are eager and ambitious in your desires to win with an Eagles jersey on.

So basically fuck Black. Dont mean to judge him as a person, but lets just move on.

National Flag:
WalesWales

Postby Figaro » Thu, 17 May 2018, 11:13

I'm of the view that I would always take a Hadleigh Parkes (New Zealander who plays for the Welsh national team after qualifying on residency but is always very positive about playing here) over a Max Clark (Welsh-born but English qualified player who refused a call-up last summer to "keep his options open").

Postby 4N » Tue, 22 May 2018, 16:02

National Flag:

Postby Tobar » Tue, 22 May 2018, 16:29

Rumors were that after the Narbonne season ended he would sign for Glasgow Warriors but ended up playing for Utah Warriors.....we all thought it was a mistake but guess not.

National Flag:

Postby TheStroBro » Fri, 25 May 2018, 00:50

The day has come to pass...FLO has acquired TRC...no more chance of the Eagles on linear for the next seven years...

National Flag:
WalesWales

Postby IanCleverly » Fri, 25 May 2018, 14:35

TheStroBro wrote:The day has come to pass...FLO has acquired TRC...no more chance of the Eagles on linear for the next seven years...

http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/flos ... by-channel

Weren’t CBS Sports going to show your summer tests then?

National Flag:

Postby TheStroBro » Fri, 25 May 2018, 17:11

IanCleverly wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:The day has come to pass...FLO has acquired TRC...no more chance of the Eagles on linear for the next seven years...

http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/flos ... by-channel

Weren’t CBS Sports going to show your summer tests then?

CBS Sports was going to televise our match against Scotland, I'm unsure if that is now off the table.

Postby 4N » Fri, 25 May 2018, 19:44

National Flag:

Postby Coloradoan » Fri, 25 May 2018, 20:39

Very exciting, both for him and for American rugby. Is it too much to expect a credible scrum in time for the 2023 RWC?

National Flag:

Postby TheStroBro » Thu, 31 May 2018, 23:50

Will Chang-Chair and Rob King-Vice Chair have resigned from the USAR Board effective immediately.

National Flag:
BoliviaBolivia

Postby Osmanperalta » Sat, 02 Jun 2018, 21:16

any link for the SA vs wales match???? the ESPN idiots announced it but so far nothing on tv

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum