Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Asian 5 Nations & Asian rugby discussion

User avatar
Posts: 2726
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2014, 11:50
National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Re: Asian 5 Nations & Asian rugby discussion

Postby Canalina » Fri, 20 Oct 2017, 08:17

Lao Rugby website announces on facebook that on november 4th a match Laos v Brunei will be played as Asia Championship division III central-east.
So no Guam, no Pakistan, no Indonesia but Brunei back into

Posts: 105
Joined: Sun, 04 Oct 2015, 07:09
National Flag:
Sri LankaSri Lanka

Re: Asian 5 Nations & Asian rugby discussion

Postby kush123 » Sat, 21 Oct 2017, 01:34

Singapore rugby team announced

http://www.ft.lk/sports/Singapore-rugby-team-announced/23-641925

The Singapore National Rugby team touring Sri Lanka will lock horns with defending league and Clifford Cup champions Kandy Sports Club today, 21 October.

Kandy SC led by Gayan Weeraratne is expected to field the full side for this encounter, with their sevens players who were in action at the Asian Sevens in Colombo returning for training. Jason Dissanayake, Dhanushka Ranjan, Richard Dharmapala, Dhanushka Dyan and Srinarth Sooriyabandara are the players who were action in the Colombo leg.

The Singapore National Team will have this game as their warm up game for their Asian Rugby Championship Division II tournament which will take place in Taipei next month. Kandy who will be defending their league will play their first match against CH&FC in two weeks’ time in Colombo.

User avatar
Posts: 1835
Joined: Thu, 08 May 2014, 11:00
National Flag:
Faroe IslandsFaroe Islands

Re: Asian 5 Nations & Asian rugby discussion

Postby Ser Podrick of Payne » Sun, 22 Oct 2017, 11:56

The Singapore squad bound for Sri Lanka with club details can be read at https://www.asiarugby.com/2017/10/21/singapore-rugby/

Posts: 105
Joined: Sun, 04 Oct 2015, 07:09
National Flag:
Sri LankaSri Lanka

Re: Asian 5 Nations & Asian rugby discussion

Postby kush123 » Sun, 22 Oct 2017, 12:42

Ser Podrick of Payne wrote:The Singapore squad bound for Sri Lanka with club details can be read at https://www.asiarugby.com/2017/10/21/singapore-rugby/


Kandy won that game , Kandy SC 44 Singapore 14

User avatar
Posts: 2726
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2014, 11:50
National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Re: Asian 5 Nations & Asian rugby discussion

Postby Canalina » Mon, 23 Oct 2017, 06:09

kush123 wrote:Kandy won that game , Kandy SC 44 Singapore 14

Well done Kandy

Canalina wrote:Lao Rugby website announces on facebook that on november 4th a match Laos v Brunei will be played as Asia Championship division III central-east.
So no Guam, no Pakistan, no Indonesia but Brunei back into

Another change: Brunei renounced too, now the fixture will be the reliving "Mekong Cup" between Laos and Thailand.
Nice name of the cup, but the duel seems unbalanced if Thailand fields the best team
https://www.asiarugby.com/2017/10/23/as ... cancelled/

Posts: 2794
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 02:51
Location: São Paulo
National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Re: Asian 5 Nations & Asian rugby discussion

Postby victorsra » Tue, 24 Oct 2017, 21:00

World Rugby has just released the november fixture and it has Division 3 East with Indonesia vs Guam and Laos vs Pakistan, all in Laos https://www.worldrugby.org/fixtures
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

User avatar
Posts: 1835
Joined: Thu, 08 May 2014, 11:00
National Flag:
Faroe IslandsFaroe Islands

Re: Asian 5 Nations & Asian rugby discussion

Postby Ser Podrick of Payne » Sat, 11 Nov 2017, 21:31

ARC Division 2, Taipei Municipal Stadium, Taipei, Taiwan, 15th & 18th November

15th: Singapore v India and Taiwan v Thailand

18th: Playoffs

Singapore squad to be found at http://www.singaporerugby.com/2017/11/1 ... ship-2017/

User avatar
Posts: 2726
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2014, 11:50
National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Re: Asian 5 Nations & Asian rugby discussion

Postby Canalina » Tue, 14 Nov 2017, 21:27

All the four matches of Asia Champ'ship div II should be live here, starting from tomorrow early morning (european time)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg73Ps ... w/featured

Posts: 2
Joined: Sat, 10 Sep 2016, 13:32
National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Re: Asian 5 Nations & Asian rugby discussion

Postby AllGeorgiansProp » Tue, 14 Nov 2017, 21:42

Thanks for the info

Posts: 2794
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 02:51
Location: São Paulo
National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Re: Asian 5 Nations & Asian rugby discussion

Postby victorsra » Wed, 15 Nov 2017, 00:11

If Malaysia will be promoted to the top division and there wont be a team relegated from the top division, whi will join Sri Lanka and the Philippines in 2018 Division 1? 2017 Division 2 champions and ? UAE (avoiding relegation) or Division 2 runners up?
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

Posts: 105
Joined: Sun, 04 Oct 2015, 07:09
National Flag:
Sri LankaSri Lanka

Re: Asian 5 Nations & Asian rugby discussion

Postby kush123 » Wed, 15 Nov 2017, 02:03

victorsra wrote:If Malaysia will be promoted to the top division and there wont be a team relegated from the top division, whi will join Sri Lanka and the Philippines in 2018 Division 1? 2017 Division 2 champions and ? UAE (avoiding relegation) or Division 2 runners up?


I really don't see Malaysia qulifying to top div unless they hire more national eligible Fijians lol . I heard during the div 1 live stream the commentary saying UAE will not be relegated this time, but i have no idea what will happened to the div 2 champions . Maybe they will make the div 1 competition a 5 team tourney next time

User avatar
Posts: 2726
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2014, 11:50
National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Re: Asian 5 Nations & Asian rugby discussion

Postby Canalina » Wed, 15 Nov 2017, 08:14

Singapore v India 49-0 :|

Thailand v Taiwan 27-21 (Taiwan was leading 21-14)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WjXUL0yw3k

So, relegation final: Taiwan v India (I think India has no chances)
Promotion final: Singapore v Thailand

Posts: 115
Joined: Sat, 31 May 2014, 21:12
National Flag:
FranceFrance

Re: Asian 5 Nations & Asian rugby discussion

Postby vino_93 » Wed, 15 Nov 2017, 16:02

kush123 wrote:
victorsra wrote:If Malaysia will be promoted to the top division and there wont be a team relegated from the top division, whi will join Sri Lanka and the Philippines in 2018 Division 1? 2017 Division 2 champions and ? UAE (avoiding relegation) or Division 2 runners up?


I really don't see Malaysia qulifying to top div unless they hire more national eligible Fijians lol . I heard during the div 1 live stream the commentary saying UAE will not be relegated this time, but i have no idea what will happened to the div 2 champions . Maybe they will make the div 1 competition a 5 team tourney next time

Malaysia is promoted to play rwcq. Japan won't play.

Posts: 105
Joined: Sun, 04 Oct 2015, 07:09
National Flag:
Sri LankaSri Lanka

Re: Asian 5 Nations & Asian rugby discussion

Postby kush123 » Thu, 16 Nov 2017, 11:24

vino_93 wrote:
kush123 wrote:
victorsra wrote:If Malaysia will be promoted to the top division and there wont be a team relegated from the top division, whi will join Sri Lanka and the Philippines in 2018 Division 1? 2017 Division 2 champions and ? UAE (avoiding relegation) or Division 2 runners up?


I really don't see Malaysia qulifying to top div unless they hire more national eligible Fijians lol . I heard during the div 1 live stream the commentary saying UAE will not be relegated this time, but i have no idea what will happened to the div 2 champions . Maybe they will make the div 1 competition a 5 team tourney next time

Malaysia is promoted to play rwcq. Japan won't play.


That's only an asia-pasific repachage place qulification tourney , malaysia needs to beat HK or Korea to get prompted into the top division or Japan needs to stop playing in ARC after 2019

Posts: 2794
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 02:51
Location: São Paulo
National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Re: Asian 5 Nations & Asian rugby discussion

Postby victorsra » Thu, 16 Nov 2017, 21:26

What is the major issue in Asia, travel costs? Because it looks like Asia would benefit thinking out of the box and creating a better structured regionalized model.

An idea would be to split it in 3 zones - East, South and West - followed by finals.

Exemple:

Division I (2 matches each team, one home and one away)
East 1 - Japan, Hong Kong and Korea
South 1 - Malaysia, Philippines and Thailand
West 1 - Sri Lanka, UAE and India

Finals
In a single venue, Semifinals + Final with 2 from East, 1 from South and 1 from West.

Division II
East 2 - Taiwan, China
South 2 - Singapore, Indonesia, Guam, Laos
West 2 - Uzbekistan, Iran, Lebanon, Pakistan
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

Posts: 1409
Joined: Wed, 14 Oct 2015, 13:30
National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: Asian 5 Nations & Asian rugby discussion

Postby RugbyLiebe » Thu, 16 Nov 2017, 22:35

victorsra wrote:Division II
East 2 - Taiwan, China

West 2 - Uzbekistan, Iran, Lebanon, Pakistan


Both of this groups will never ever happen. The Eastern group especially. China sees Taiwan as part of China.
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

Posts: 105
Joined: Sun, 04 Oct 2015, 07:09
National Flag:
Sri LankaSri Lanka

Re: Asian 5 Nations & Asian rugby discussion

Postby kush123 » Fri, 17 Nov 2017, 01:08

victorsra wrote:What is the major issue in Asia, travel costs? Because it looks like Asia would benefit thinking out of the box and creating a better structured regionalized model.

An idea would be to split it in 3 zones - East, South and West - followed by finals.

Exemple:

Division I (2 matches each team, one home and one away)
East 1 - Japan, Hong Kong and Korea
South 1 - Malaysia, Philippines and Thailand
West 1 - Sri Lanka, UAE and India



Div 1 india ? Are you joking :lol: have you ever watched asian rugby mate :lol: ? India facing Sri Lanka will be like Sri Lanka facing the all blacks :lol: maybe even worse , even Sri Lanka domestic side scored 44-14 against Singapore while Singapore scored 49 -0 against India. This ain't cricket or football mate . :lol:
,This is the problem in this forum most of the people comments about Asian rugby without knowing the standard of asian teams , that's not really good for this forum, it'll only make this page a joke

Posts: 105
Joined: Sun, 04 Oct 2015, 07:09
National Flag:
Sri LankaSri Lanka

Re: Asian 5 Nations & Asian rugby discussion

Postby kush123 » Fri, 17 Nov 2017, 01:23

RugbyLiebe wrote:
Both of this groups will never ever happen. The Eastern group especially. China sees Taiwan as part of China.


Hong Kong also a Chinese colony, they even sing Chinese national anthem as their national anthem, but all three teams CT , HK & China sometimes play in the same group in A7s
Last edited by kush123 on Fri, 17 Nov 2017, 02:15, edited 1 time in total.

Posts: 1002
Joined: Sun, 18 May 2014, 13:27
National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Re: Asian 5 Nations & Asian rugby discussion

Postby Working Class Rugger » Fri, 17 Nov 2017, 02:00

kush123 wrote:
RugbyLiebe wrote:
Both of this groups will never ever happen. The Eastern group especially. China sees Taiwan as part of China.


Hong Kong also a Chinese colony, they even sing Chinese national anthum as their national anthum, but all three teams CT , HK & China sometimes play in the same group in A7s


Hong Kong is technically a Chinese territory but it was a British Colony for much of its history. It also has a degree of self-governance as part of the hand over deal struck between China and GB. Something like 50 years in which they still have 30 years left.

Posts: 105
Joined: Sun, 04 Oct 2015, 07:09
National Flag:
Sri LankaSri Lanka

Re: Asian 5 Nations & Asian rugby discussion

Postby kush123 » Fri, 17 Nov 2017, 02:42

Working Class Rugger wrote:
kush123 wrote:
RugbyLiebe wrote:
Both of this groups will never ever happen. The Eastern group especially. China sees Taiwan as part of China.


Hong Kong also a Chinese colony, they even sing Chinese national anthum as their national anthum, but all three teams CT , HK & China sometimes play in the same group in A7s


Hong Kong is technically a Chinese territory but it was a British Colony for much of its history. It also has a degree of self-governance as part of the hand over deal struck between China and GB. Something like 50 years in which they still have 30 years left.


No wonder why they looks like an European team more than Asian

Posts: 2794
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 02:51
Location: São Paulo
National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Re: Asian 5 Nations & Asian rugby discussion

Postby victorsra » Fri, 17 Nov 2017, 03:03

kush123 wrote:
victorsra wrote:What is the major issue in Asia, travel costs? Because it looks like Asia would benefit thinking out of the box and creating a better structured regionalized model.

An idea would be to split it in 3 zones - East, South and West - followed by finals.

Exemple:

Division I (2 matches each team, one home and one away)
East 1 - Japan, Hong Kong and Korea
South 1 - Malaysia, Philippines and Thailand
West 1 - Sri Lanka, UAE and India



Div 1 india ? Are you joking :lol: have you ever watched asian rugby mate :lol: ? India facing Sri Lanka will be like Sri Lanka facing the all blacks :lol: maybe even worse , even Sri Lanka domestic side scored 44-14 against Singapore while Singapore scored 49 -0 against India. This ain't cricket or football mate . :lol:
,This is the problem in this forum most of the people comments about Asian rugby without knowing the standard of asian teams , that's not really good for this forum, it'll only make this page a joke

It is an exemple based on the teams that played this year, dude. It means 3 teams each region, doesn't matter who.

I am exposing an idea based on regionalization. It is not a joke. The first joke is to make amateur teams travel and dont have a single home match in the year to promote themselves.

It is you that knows Asian rugby that must tell if it is possible to have 3 teams in each region.

If you dont have 3 teams in 3 regions, make it 2 regions. It doesnt matter either.

What matters is to find a regional suitable division. The joke is not understand the difference between concept and exemple.
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

Posts: 1409
Joined: Wed, 14 Oct 2015, 13:30
National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: Asian 5 Nations & Asian rugby discussion

Postby RugbyLiebe » Fri, 17 Nov 2017, 10:15

kush123 wrote:
RugbyLiebe wrote:
Both of this groups will never ever happen. The Eastern group especially. China sees Taiwan as part of China.


Hong Kong also a Chinese colony, they even sing Chinese national anthem as their national anthem, but all three teams CT , HK & China sometimes play in the same group in A7s


The important difference is, that Hong Kong accepts the fact being somewhat a part of China and Taiwan doesn't.
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

Posts: 38
Joined: Sun, 21 May 2017, 09:02
National Flag:
PolandPoland

Re: Asian 5 Nations & Asian rugby discussion

Postby rey200 » Fri, 17 Nov 2017, 10:24

well, where is the Chinese National team anyway? They don't compete atm, so there's no problem. Btw I think China competes as long as Taiwan is called Chinese Taipei without the official state flag.

User avatar
Posts: 2726
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2014, 11:50
National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Re: Asian 5 Nations & Asian rugby discussion

Postby Canalina » Sat, 18 Nov 2017, 06:14

Taiwan v India underway on the second half, Taiwan leading 25-14
Final result: 37-19


Posts: 309
Joined: Tue, 29 Apr 2014, 14:51
National Flag:
Sri LankaSri Lanka

Re: Asian 5 Nations & Asian rugby discussion

Postby gibbs » Sat, 18 Nov 2017, 07:28

Chinese Taipei 37 - India 19

Better performance by India but most of thier forwards look well pass the sell by date, Unfortunately for them India will be relegated to Div 3 next year.. Recently I learnt Socierte General has pumped some serious sponsorship money to Indian Rugby.. Most probabaly considering the huge market potential, But as I reiterate numbers does not necessarily mean either success or talent

Meanwhile Thailand showing a strong game against Singapore the top seeded team

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 11 guests