Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

A Pro12 Expansion

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: A Pro12 Expansion

Postby RugbyLiebe » Sat, 05 Aug 2017, 20:25

Bolaroid wrote:
RugbyLiebe wrote:This self-centered British Empire defintion of "multiculturalism" or "internationality" is a problem for the growth of the game. Because it is used as a fig-leave how multicultural or how international the game is.

I think you're being a bit harsh :) , the Italians and South Africans are in the Pro 14 league, along with the Scots, Welsh, Irish & N.Irish so I think multicultural is a fair description of the league even if some of those cultures are closer than others.

On here, we'd all have liked to have seen a tier 2 nation from further afield involved in the competition but since it's a pro sport the money has to be right and clearly it wasn't.

Without a doubt I am quite harsh here.
Maybe just a culture shock. A German would never ever meet with an Austrian and a Swiss guy and claim multiculturalism has arrived in their meeting :D Same for a French and a Wallon or a Basque a Catalan and a Canaria guy.

But I leave it at that. Open for further discussions at a pub and a beer paid by me if someone ever makes it to Munich ;)
Lets hope the Pro14 lives up to their press release.
Apart from the usual problem of t1 just including t1 I actually think I will watch more Pro14 this year.
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:
ZimbabweZimbabwe

Re: A Pro12 Expansion

Postby Sables4EVA » Sun, 06 Aug 2017, 08:37

RugbyLiebe wrote:
Sables4EVA wrote:Maybe everyone is banking on a global season set up which was discussed a few years ago.

You mean the agreement made in March 2017? http://www.rugbyworld.com/news/blogs/is ... unds-77555

Exactly

Previous

Return to Rugby Forum