Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Russian Rugby

Posts: 254
Joined: Sun, 31 Aug 2014, 11:36
National Flag:
PakistanPakistan

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby jservuk » Tue, 03 Jul 2018, 11:27

STMKY wrote:
jservuk wrote:
Tobar wrote:Have the Russian teams advertised more with the World Cup going on? Have there been more fans st the games due to the mass amount of people in Russia? Or has it made no difference at all?


I was on the lookout on the TV crowd scenes for anyone wearing the marvellous Argentina Rugby shirt, but then again, you don't get a cross mixing of football/rugby fans much. I don't know anyone who goes to both Rugby and football matches, though I know people who have switched from football goers to rugby.

It's quite obvious what Russians need to do to increase Rugby interest ... win a few matches at RWC.

I had been given the impression that, much like the French prior to 1998, they don't really love football/sport like others do, but love winners. If the success of the football team can be repeated on the rugby pitch then we might see the game advance. I'm not sure how much latent love of rugby there is ... even with football the Russians themselves say they are fair-weather.

I can tell you that today out of tens of millions of "fans", only a small percentage are really football fans. They support their clubs in the Russian championship. Maybe 10-20%. The remaining 80-90% is the work of a state machine. When on the radio, TV, from every iron wa talking FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, even the housewives begin to watch football.
I would divide these glorhanters into two large groups. The first look because of patriotism, and the latter look to have a reason to drink beer or vodka. They do not belong to football and do not play football. Put rugby and it will be the same.


Really? If so what on earth is RWC waiting for? Let's get it to Russia!!!

On a general point, I think part of the reason for these big events is to attract new fans. People on here complain often about authorities not backing bids/events so we shouldn't see this as negative if the Russians did this.

Posts: 650
Joined: Wed, 26 Oct 2016, 16:02
National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby STMKY » Tue, 03 Jul 2018, 12:47

jservuk wrote:
STMKY wrote:
Really? If so what on earth is RWC waiting for? Let's get it to Russia!!!

On a general point, I think part of the reason for these big events is to attract new fans. People on here complain often about authorities not backing bids/events so we shouldn't see this as negative if the Russians did this.

If TV, radio and refrigerator will talk 24 hours a day about rugby, hundreds of thousands of foreign fans will come, it will be the same. It does not matter football or rugby. At the same time, the level of the Russian national team does not have to be top. The Russian football team was the worst rated. The Russian rugby team should have a level roughly like the modern Japan team to win 2 matches in the group at home RWC.

But there is a small problem. In October, not very good weather. Of course, it's not winter. But usually such large tournaments are held at a temperature of + 20 + 30. And in October there may be rains for two weeks.

User avatar
Posts: 2132
Joined: Wed, 22 Jul 2015, 18:20
Location: Moscow
National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby Vova12 » Tue, 03 Jul 2018, 13:58

STMKY wrote:If TV, radio and refrigerator will talk 24 hours a day about rugby, hundreds of thousands of foreign fans will come, it will be the same. It does not matter football or rugby. At the same time, the level of the Russian national team does not have to be top. The Russian football team was the worst rated. The Russian rugby team should have a level roughly like the modern Japan team to win 2 matches in the group at home RWC.

But there is a small problem. In October, not very good weather. Of course, it's not winter. But usually such large tournaments are held at a temperature of + 20 + 30. And in October there may be rains for two weeks.

Football in Russia will always be more popular than rugby. On football Yenisey goes more people than the rugby Yar and Yenisei in the amounts.
Athough football Yenisei always played in lower leages and only this season will play in Premier League.
Image

User avatar
Posts: 2132
Joined: Wed, 22 Jul 2015, 18:20
Location: Moscow
National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby Vova12 » Tue, 03 Jul 2018, 14:09

victorsra wrote:So is Ice Hockey as popular as football? Or the vast majority of Russians simply don't care of professional sports in their daily lives?

Another question: what about Bandy, how much popular is it?

By the way recently created an amateur rugby club "Spartak."

http://spartakrugby.ru/

What happened to Lokomotiv and Dinamo Rugby League teams?

I think that football is popular in European part, hockey in Urals and in Siberia there is a bandy.

"Lokomotiv" since 2016 is playing in Moscow Rugby Championship 15," Dynamo " too.

Last year there were 5 teams in the Russian Championship; "CSKA" Moscow ,"Spartak" Moscow, "Vityaz" Perm, "Sparta" Kostroma, "Moscow Magicians" Moscow.

Magicians play 10-minute walk from my house.
Image

Posts: 650
Joined: Wed, 26 Oct 2016, 16:02
National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby STMKY » Tue, 03 Jul 2018, 15:15

Vova12 wrote:Football in Russia will always be more popular than rugby. On football Yenisey goes more people than the rugby Yar and Yenisei in the amounts.
Athough football Yenisei always played in lower leages and only this season will play in Premier League.

Bobsleigh + curling + freestyle and other Olympic sports are unfamiliar to 99% of the population. But when it was the Olympics, everyone watched. Popularity in major world tournaments does not play a major role. When TV and Radio work 24 hours, even cats and dogs begin to watch sports.

User avatar
Posts: 2132
Joined: Wed, 22 Jul 2015, 18:20
Location: Moscow
National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby Vova12 » Tue, 03 Jul 2018, 19:15

STMKY wrote:
Vova12 wrote:Football in Russia will always be more popular than rugby. On football Yenisey goes more people than the rugby Yar and Yenisei in the amounts.
Athough football Yenisei always played in lower leages and only this season will play in Premier League.

Bobsleigh + curling + freestyle and other Olympic sports are unfamiliar to 99% of the population. But when it was the Olympics, everyone watched. Popularity in major world tournaments does not play a major role. When TV and Radio work 24 hours, even cats and dogs begin to watch sports.

The Olympics is a special case.
Everyone supports ther country in any sport.
Image

Posts: 313
Joined: Wed, 11 Nov 2015, 17:11
Location: Boa Vista, Roraima (Amazon)
National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby SallesNeto_BR » Tue, 03 Jul 2018, 21:21

Vova12 wrote:I did not see Brazilians at match, but i was not sober ...
"Slava" lost 17-24.

Sorry. Too few time and too many things do to and see in your incredible city. I'm sure I'll be back to Moscow in a early future.

Posts: 650
Joined: Wed, 26 Oct 2016, 16:02
National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby STMKY » Fri, 13 Jul 2018, 13:14

Artemev in Krasnoyarsk at the construction site of the Avangard stadium. He said that in the near future the Monino and Avangard stadiums should be opened. And now they are trying to take some new stadiums WC2018 under their control.
http://www.enisei-stm.ru/news/index.php?id=3310

Posts: 180
Joined: Sun, 04 Mar 2018, 15:43
National Flag:
UruguayUruguay

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby qwerty » Fri, 13 Jul 2018, 21:49

So now VVA, Yar and Enisey will have modern stadiums. Good stuff.

Posts: 650
Joined: Wed, 26 Oct 2016, 16:02
National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby STMKY » Sat, 14 Jul 2018, 08:42


User avatar
Posts: 2132
Joined: Wed, 22 Jul 2015, 18:20
Location: Moscow
National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby Vova12 » Sat, 14 Jul 2018, 08:47

STMKY wrote:Monino stadium build online
https://www.ivideon.com/tv/camera/100-d ... 8da/917504

I see that snow has melted ... :D
Image

User avatar
Posts: 2132
Joined: Wed, 22 Jul 2015, 18:20
Location: Moscow
National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby Vova12 » Sun, 15 Jul 2018, 09:33

Today Kuban - Slava 17.30 Moscow time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lqc43i ... e=youtu.be
Image

Posts: 650
Joined: Wed, 26 Oct 2016, 16:02
National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby STMKY » Sun, 15 Jul 2018, 12:37

Vova12 wrote:
STMKY wrote:Monino stadium build online
https://www.ivideon.com/tv/camera/100-d ... 8da/917504

I see that snow has melted ... :D

Really it is visible, that work goes.

Posts: 650
Joined: Wed, 26 Oct 2016, 16:02
National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby STMKY » Sun, 15 Jul 2018, 12:37

Vova12 wrote:
STMKY wrote:Monino stadium build online
https://www.ivideon.com/tv/camera/100-d ... 8da/917504

I see that snow has melted ... :D

Really it is visible, that work goes.

User avatar
Posts: 2132
Joined: Wed, 22 Jul 2015, 18:20
Location: Moscow
National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby Vova12 » Sun, 15 Jul 2018, 16:14

Horay! Slava won Kuban!
Now i"ll switch to WC finals ... :D
Image

Posts: 180
Joined: Sun, 04 Mar 2018, 15:43
National Flag:
UruguayUruguay

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby qwerty » Sun, 15 Jul 2018, 19:25

How often can Slava defeat Kuban, VVA, YAR or Enisey?

User avatar
Posts: 2132
Joined: Wed, 22 Jul 2015, 18:20
Location: Moscow
National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby Vova12 » Sun, 15 Jul 2018, 19:33

qwerty wrote:How often can Slava defeat Kuban, VVA, YAR or Enisey?

Rarely. Krasnoyarsk and VVA won 10 years ago, in Kuban 2 years ago ...
Image

Posts: 180
Joined: Sun, 04 Mar 2018, 15:43
National Flag:
UruguayUruguay

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby qwerty » Sun, 15 Jul 2018, 23:26

Hurray then!

Previous

Return to Rugby Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Amargo, Google Adsense [Bot], thatrugbyguy and 12 guests