Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Russian Rugby

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby Zhenya_Zima » Mon, 19 Feb 2018, 18:06

Well Artemyev's hand is swift. We're not even eliminated yet.
Changes ring again...

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Mon, 19 Feb 2018, 18:09

This is reckless. I know it's almost impossible for Russia to qualify as things stand right now, but the game against Romania is still important. Changes should have happened only after REC.
REC 2018 never happened. Please respect my beliefs

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Mon, 19 Feb 2018, 18:20

Armchair Fan wrote:This is reckless. I know it's almost impossible for Russia to qualify as things stand right now, but the game against Romania is still important. Changes should have happened only after REC.

We will not win Romania with a bonus.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Mon, 19 Feb 2018, 18:21

Pervukhin resigned. For the next match Russia will be prepared by the Russian national team coach Mark McDermott.

Second right ...

Postby 4N » Mon, 19 Feb 2018, 18:33

Interim coach according to RUR release.

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby zgs » Mon, 19 Feb 2018, 20:40

After winning (2 days ago against Belgium) in his interview Pervukhin was talking about long going plans, and suddenly such strange resignation. Looks that he was fired. But why now? I don’t think that he was best choice for Russian team, but changing horses in midstream usually is not good decision.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Tue, 20 Feb 2018, 07:39

Good news from biggest sport newspapers Sport-Express
https://www.sport-express.ru/football/w ... i-1374375/
The Rugby Federation of Russia (RFR) will use part of the infrastructure built for the 2018 FIFA World Cup, informs R-Sport referring to Chairman of the Supreme Council of the RFR Igor Artemiev.

- For the development of our sport in Russia we need infrastructure. The government's decision was made on the instructions of Dmitry Anatolyevich Medvedev, and Vitaly Mutko supports him, for which we are very grateful to him, and we will be given part of the infrastructure after the World Cup. We will take some fields and stadiums, first of all in the south of our country, "Artemyev said.
- The Moscow region together with the federal budget for one and a half year will finish the stadium in Monino, we will make there a wonderful complex and we will try to revive the team "VVA-Podmoskovye". We signed the contract and took away the Moscow stadium "Slava", which will also be reconstructed.

To the World Cup-2018 are prepared 11 stadiums for matches and 64 training grounds for tournament participants.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Tue, 20 Feb 2018, 07:58

As I understand this news. Large stadiums will sometimes be used for matches of the Russian national rugby team, possibly the Russian Cup final and the Super Cup, as well as European cups with the participation of Russian clubs. But some training bases in the south of Russia will belong completely to the Rugby Federation, and perhaps to some rugby clubs.

New Monino Stadium on 8160 places

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby vino_93 » Tue, 20 Feb 2018, 09:48

Things look great for you. Artemyev must be influent.

Really nice stadium for Monino's team.

National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Postby thatrugbyguy » Tue, 20 Feb 2018, 10:36

Nice developments and nice little stadium. Russia should bid for the 2019/20 European Rugby Champions Cup final and host it in Moscow. Spain will be the first T2 nation to host it this year in Bilbao in May. Next year will be Newcastle but the 2019/20 season has yet to be decided.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Zhenya_Zima » Tue, 20 Feb 2018, 11:01

Artemyev says seeking top foreign coach to "spend as much time in Russia as possible", ideally with some Russian (who?!). World Rugby grants are in place. Willing to pay even more and says has major companies ready to support the right appointment. However, contract will include fines for not spending enough time in country...

(He implies Cappello (sp?), but I'm sure there's a couple of posters here who might point to someone else in our recent-ish past, who might also inform that...)

Pervukhin apparently resigned immediately after the Spain result.

National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Postby thatrugbyguy » Tue, 20 Feb 2018, 11:04

He's going to struggle to find a foreign coach who speaks Russian. Find a New Zealand coach, get him an interpreter or pay for him to learn the language.

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Tue, 20 Feb 2018, 11:39

Maybe your best shot is to offer Haig or one of the members of his staff an obscene salary.
REC 2018 never happened. Please respect my beliefs

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Tue, 20 Feb 2018, 12:06

thatrugbyguy wrote:Nice developments and nice little stadium. Russia should bid for the 2019/20 European Rugby Champions Cup final and host it in Moscow. Spain will be the first T2 nation to host it this year in Bilbao in May. Next year will be Newcastle but the 2019/20 season has yet to be decided.

While I think Russia is more than capable of hosting it, I think this would be too much of a risk. Not because of Russia itself, but because of especially British&Irish not wanting to travel there in masses - and lets face it: they and some additional French guys are what brings in the money if you host a final. I think it should be somewhere, were British fans can fly to with a cheap and short flight connection or even by ferry or train. So Belgium, the Netherlands (my favourite), Germany and Switzerland are the obvious choices before we will see it hopefully in Russia one day.
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Tue, 20 Feb 2018, 12:16

And who is now free from the best coaches of the world? Does Artemyev have a choice?

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Tue, 20 Feb 2018, 12:25

They revive the traditions of the Russian proto-rugby. In the video they say that they found balls in the area of Nizhny Novgorod with the dating of the 9th century
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkPZMCmKgWs

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Tue, 20 Feb 2018, 12:49

STMKY wrote:They revive the traditions of the Russian proto-rugby. In the video they say that they found balls in the area of Nizhny Novgorod with the dating of the 9th century
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkPZMCmKgWs

I like the Russian way of thinking. How do we make rugby big? Lets find an ancient sport and promote it as rugby's father and rugby itself as the game every true Russian played in the 9th century (and every true Russian therefore should play and watch today) :D
Joking aside, are there any sources about this sport which are not in Russian? Sounds interesting.
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Tue, 20 Feb 2018, 13:48

I do not think there is any information in English. This game was lost in the 20th century. And only in recent years it began to revive. There is an article in the wiki, but only in Russian. By the way, this engraving "Das Ballspiel" in 1793 (Russians play ball) by Christian Gottfried Heinrich Geißler :)
https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Кила_(игра)
Modern version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn4B28pkX9c&vl=ru

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Tue, 20 Feb 2018, 17:07

thatrugbyguy wrote:He's going to struggle to find a foreign coach who speaks Russian. Find a New Zealand coach, get him an interpreter or pay for him to learn the language.

Russian language - its easy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... tlJAhItItw

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Tue, 20 Feb 2018, 17:13

RugbyLiebe wrote:
While I think Russia is more than capable of hosting it, I think this would be too much of a risk. Not because of Russia itself, but because of especially British&Irish not wanting to travel there in masses - and lets face it: they and some additional French guys are what brings in the money if you host a final. I think it should be somewhere, were British fans can fly to with a cheap and short flight connection or even by ferry or train. So Belgium, the Netherlands (my favourite), Germany and Switzerland are the obvious choices before we will see it hopefully in Russia one day.

Now foreigners come to live in Russia, some live here, some go back.

Previously this was not. Ornella Mutti from Italy by the way lives in Moscow.

Here is a family from Germany.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... EeDpkJAQWU

In Russia there is nothing terribl if you came without weapon ...

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Tue, 20 Feb 2018, 17:26

Great picture!

Foreign top coach, new stadiums ...

And in february Russia will again play with rivals in unequall conditions!

And clubs from Siberia will beg that they are alloweds to play at home in Krasnoyarsk!

Russia again will not have the opportunity to play official matches in the capital of the state - Moscow!

We will not get to WC if the number of participants does not increase to 24!

We can never play with teams from the top - 10!

We will be discriminated against constantly!

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby zgs » Tue, 20 Feb 2018, 17:39

Great picture!

Foreign top coach, new stadiums ...

And in february Russia will again play with rivals in unequall conditions!

And clubs from Siberia will beg that they are alloweds to play at home in Krasnoyarsk!

Russia again will not have the opportunity to play official matches in the capital of the state - Moscow!

We will not get to WC if the number of participants does not increase to 24!

We can never play with teams from the top - 10!

We will be discriminated against constantly!

---------------------------------------
Very “optimistic” perspectives! Let’s hope that you are wrong.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Tue, 20 Feb 2018, 17:43

zgs wrote:
Very “optimistic” perspectives! Let’s hope that you are wrong.

Its not a "prospectives" ,bro!

This is our European reality!

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Tue, 20 Feb 2018, 17:54

By the way for a week in Moscow drink leadership of company "Rhino rugby" led by Reg Clark.

This is good news ... :lol:

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby SallesNeto_BR » Wed, 21 Feb 2018, 03:46

Vova12 wrote:
thatrugbyguy wrote:He's going to struggle to find a foreign coach who speaks Russian. Find a New Zealand coach, get him an interpreter or pay for him to learn the language.

Russian language - its easy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... tlJAhItItw

Well, i'm trying to learn some Russian since 2 weeks ago... I already can read cyrillic words and these words (all with English roots :lol: ): http://www.ezglot.com/common-words.php? ... mmon-words

But the grammar is absolutely crazy

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum