Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Russian Rugby

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby Vova12 » Sun, 15 Oct 2017, 07:51

STMKY wrote:The quality of the lawn on Slava and Fili is worse than in Siberia. Well, the stadium itself built a distant Soviet era. Was it really not possible to rent a Torpedo or another good stadium?

It will cost more for the Krasnoyarsk clubs.

In addition "Slava" will receive a little money for renting its stadium.
Maybe the club will be able to conduct preseason training in the south.

And the stadium "Fili" belongs to the unknown, the amatur club "Fili" also rents it for the matches.

So let the money stay better in the rugby sphera.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Sun, 15 Oct 2017, 09:01

But for the image of our clubs for EPCR it is not good. Play in such an expensive city as Moscow, but in such old small stadiums. There are no conditions even for television broadcasts. I do not know, but I do think we'll not see the game Krasny Yar vs Edinburgh on TV.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Sun, 15 Oct 2017, 09:18

STMKY wrote:But for the image of our clubs for EPCR it is not good. Play in such an expensive city as Moscow, but in such old small stadiums. There are no conditions even for television broadcasts. I do not know, but I do think we'll not see the game Krasny Yar vs Edinburgh on TV.

Well, then we will be closer to Europe, because not a single visiting game of the "Yenisei" in the Challeng Cap was broadcast on the Internet ... :lol:

However i think the broadcast will ...

National Flag:
ScotlandScotland

Postby honestly_united » Sun, 15 Oct 2017, 09:21

I watched the first 55 minutes of the Enisei match and thought they looked over coached, as if they were not playing what was in front of them. There is a saying you have to win the battle up front to earn the right to go wide, which is what they seemed to have forgotten. To often on first phase ball they were spinning it wide and not making hte yards and getting turned over. They needed to take the battle to Bordeaux upfront to tie in defenders to create the space, as the backs did look lively. Given some of the comments on here before the game I was expecting a more direct physical intent from the forwards.

I dont know if its down to the lack of game time but it looked like a lot of the players were doing things the way the coaching manual tells them to do it, rather than spotting gaps and reading the game themselves.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Sun, 15 Oct 2017, 09:50

The main players of the "Yenisei" could no stand it physikally. 3 years of games on all fronts.

All they need is a good rest.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Tue, 17 Oct 2017, 15:44

STMKY wrote:But for the image of our clubs for EPCR it is not good. Play in such an expensive city as Moscow, but in such old small stadiums. There are no conditions even for television broadcasts. I do not know, but I do think we'll not see the game Krasny Yar vs Edinburgh on TV.

What do you think is the reason for the drop in the spectators interest in rugby in Krasnoyarsk?

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Tue, 17 Oct 2017, 17:52

In Moscow too excitements is not observed.

On "Fili" there will be a free entrance, and on "Slava" 233 tickets from 1102 are sold.
But I think the stadium will be complete.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Zhenya_Zima » Tue, 17 Oct 2017, 22:24

Vova12 wrote:

What do you think is the reason for the drop in the spectators interest in rugby in Krasnoyarsk?

Same reason spectator sport in general/RWC7s in particular/etc. always has suffered - exacerbated by the ruble-decline and everything else:
There are more enjoyable things to drop disposable income on - as your profile picture shows.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Wed, 18 Oct 2017, 04:25

Zhenya_Zima wrote:Same reason spectator sport in general/RWC7s in particular/etc. always has suffered - exacerbated by the ruble-decline and everything else:
There are more enjoyable things to drop disposable income on - as your profile picture shows.

15-20 years ago in Krasnoyarsk lived much porer than now, but for matches with Ireland, United States or Italy came in 15-20 thousand.

Now the ticket in Krasnoyarsk to Stade France cost 100 rubles!
On the "Slava" - 200-300 rubles! Its very cheap!

Yesterday against Sevilla in football - a full stadium, tickets from 2,000 rubles ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVYr5JRQiQ0

I see you returned from Albania? :D

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Zhenya_Zima » Thu, 19 Oct 2017, 11:11

Simplikevich ruled out of rest Challenge Cup with hip injury.
V. Tsnobiladze banned for 3 weeks.

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Thu, 19 Oct 2017, 11:38

Rest of Challenge Cup? So is there risk of missing start of REC again? :shock:

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Thu, 19 Oct 2017, 14:08

Live | Challenge Cup 2017/2018 Round 1| Krasny Yar vs Edinburgh Rugby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SniZvSSWC2Q

Saturday 12.00 Moscow time

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Fri, 20 Oct 2017, 14:12

The Soviet Championship in 1991 had 24 rounds?!?! :shock: http://www.rugbyarchive.net/Pagine/Stag ... gione=1991
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Fri, 20 Oct 2017, 15:59

victorsra wrote:The Soviet Championship in 1991 had 24 rounds?!?! :shock: http://www.rugbyarchive.net/Pagine/Stag ... gione=1991

Yes, in 1990 28 rounds. Consider even great distances.

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Fri, 20 Oct 2017, 16:03

How that was possible that time and now it isn't?
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Fri, 20 Oct 2017, 16:03

victorsra

39 ROUNDS IN 1985 = "PAIRED MATCHES" on SAT-SUN
with KICKING COMP in case of DRAW

http://ovaluri.comxa.com/matiane50/Years/1985.htm

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Fri, 20 Oct 2017, 18:26

FLIDTA RISXVA wrote:victorsra

39 ROUNDS IN 1985 = "PAIRED MATCHES" on SAT-SUN
with KICKING COMP in case of DRAW

http://ovaluri.comxa.com/matiane50/Years/1985.htm

Thank you so much for your programs!

This is not Yuriy Lobanov from Volgograd?

http://www.rugbyarchive.net/Pagine/Squadre.aspx?ID=4326

I wonder who did this?

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Sat, 21 Oct 2017, 06:43

I went to the matches. Here you can see the stadium "Fili".

https://twitter.com/EdinburghRugby

And here is the legendary door at the stadium "Slava". I hope it will be repaired some time)))

https://vk.com/eniseystm?w=wall-49100690_8400

I hope the day will be successful! :D

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Sat, 21 Oct 2017, 15:24

I was upset, i did not even drink!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLR_bSzPTiY

:cry:

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Sun, 22 Oct 2017, 08:20

The new head of the Russian rugby federation Artemyev was present at both matches.
The former player of the Russian national team Kirill Kulemin too, he was apointed to the post of director of the department for international cooperation.

Artemiev spoke with the general director of "Slava" Nilovsky.

I hope he will help our club.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Sun, 22 Oct 2017, 08:43

I think Artemyev saw a gap between the organization of football matches (CSKA Stadium) and rugby matches (stadiums of Fili and Slava) in Moscow. Very old stadiums and horrible amauter broadcasts. It is high time to understand that in order to hold matches of this level, you need to pay money for renting normal stadiums, pay to TV, so that they professionally show these games from 10 cameras. This is not the level of European competition. And for Moscow, I think that such an organization is a shame.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Sun, 22 Oct 2017, 08:51

STMKY wrote:I think Artemyev saw a gap between the organization of football matches (CSKA Stadium) and rugby matches (stadiums of Fili and Slava) in Moscow. Very old stadiums and horrible amauter broadcasts. It is high time to understand that in order to hold matches of this level, you need to pay money for renting normal stadiums, pay to TV, so that they professionally show these games from 10 cameras. This is not the level of European competition. And for Moscow, I think that such an organization is a shame.

When in the Rugby Federation there will be as much money as in football then you will sureli see it!

When 10,000 fans come to "Slava" the next match will be on "Torpedo" or "Lokomotiv" ...

On "Slava" by the way was full stadium.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Sun, 22 Oct 2017, 08:58

In my opinion main task is the World Rugby Championship!
Preparation of the team for the matches in winter abroad.

Increase the level of rugby in the Premier League. Kuban and VVA already now can compete with Krasnoyarsk.
For "Slava" and "Metallurg" it is necessary to organized preseason training in the south.
This season preseason training was not, if it is to organized the level of these clubs will increase.

I think that the leading players of the national team from Krasnoyarsk need to provide a vacation in july.

Yar and Yenisei and with a double will fall into the playoff, and players will have the opportunity to relax.

And most importantli ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0kcet4aPpQ

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Sun, 22 Oct 2017, 09:21

I do not argue that in Moscow, it may be expensive to rent stadiums at the level of CSKA, although the Torpedo is sometimes played on American Football. But you can play in other cities, where there is free or very cheap rental of stadiums. And people will come many times more than in Moscow. In Moscow, a huge selection of high-level sports, which are held in new arenas and stadiums, where everything is convenient and thought out. Rugby with such a bad organization will never gather in Moscow more than 1000-2000 people. New people do not attract. I hope Artemiev draws conclusions from what he saw.

National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Postby thatrugbyguy » Sun, 22 Oct 2017, 10:09

What can be done to help lift the profile of rugby? Russia showed real promise at Rugby World Cup 2011. I believe they outscored Australia in the second half of their match. Lots of potential.

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum