Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Russian Rugby

User avatar
Posts: 2427
Joined: Wed, 22 Jul 2015, 18:20
Location: Moscow
National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby Vova12 » Wed, 13 Jun 2018, 15:07

The Zealanders perfectli supported Russia against Australia. :thumbup:

Mostly in New Zealand there were people who left Russia and living abroad.

These are definiteli not from Russia!

Image
Image

And these are ours.

Image
Image
Image

Posts: 4225
Joined: Sat, 05 Jul 2014, 02:44
National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby thatrugbyguy » Thu, 14 Jun 2018, 08:16

Lots of support for Tier 2 nations down in Australia and New Zealand during World Cups. I went to see Georgia v South Africa in Sydney back in 2003. Crowd went wild when Georgia scored their only try.

Posts: 2262
Joined: Wed, 14 Oct 2015, 13:30
National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby RugbyLiebe » Thu, 14 Jun 2018, 08:53

amz wrote:We were actually planning to pick up on route someone near Amur river, from Blagovechensk :lol:

So you are actually suggesting skip Georgia and go on northern route, from Berlin trough Moscow over Urals ? This may make Vova nervous coming from a German and a Romanian.


Hopefully nobody starts burning down the houses on the the way to Moscow to starve us. :lol:
The Kaukasus route has been proven a dead end many years before
But we need to be quick to get past Siberia before the winter starts. So probably late August 8-)


The more I joke about it, the more I would really love to make such a trip.
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

Posts: 682
Joined: Wed, 26 Oct 2016, 16:02
National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby STMKY » Fri, 15 Jun 2018, 15:15

Dmitri Arkhip conducted two training sessions for the forwards of Krasny Yar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... XdAuXkR5Xo

Posts: 4246
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 02:51
Location: São Paulo
National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby victorsra » Mon, 18 Jun 2018, 12:21

Kuban Krasnodar football club is bankrupt and will leave professional football in Russia. Opportunity to Russian Rugby to make Kuban Stadium its home?
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

Posts: 1955
Joined: Sun, 20 Apr 2014, 11:42
National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby YamahaKiwi » Tue, 19 Jun 2018, 06:19

Vova12 wrote:The Zealanders perfectli supported Russia against Australia. :thumbup:

Mostly in New Zealand there were people who left Russia and living abroad.

These are definiteli not from Russia!

Image
Image

And these are ours.

Image
Image


Vova, I went to that game and supported Russia (No I didnot dress up!) which made some Aussie fans very angry (and I wasn't even saying rude things about Australia, just chanting for Russia). I was sitting at the top seat on the temporary stand. One guy threatened to throw me over the back of the stand and break my neck, and he wasn't joking! I had to counter threaten that I would call security and they would be chucked out of the game. I was very angry at some foreigner telling me in my own country who I should support and who I shouldn't!

Posts: 306
Joined: Sun, 04 Mar 2018, 15:43
National Flag:
UruguayUruguay

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby qwerty » Tue, 19 Jun 2018, 07:53

victorsra wrote:Kuban Krasnodar football club is bankrupt and will leave professional football in Russia. Opportunity to Russian Rugby to make Kuban Stadium its home?


Oof. First of all, would this affect Kuban Krasnodar Rugby? Is there any dependence of the rugby club from the football one? They're called the same.

Posts: 682
Joined: Wed, 26 Oct 2016, 16:02
National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby STMKY » Tue, 19 Jun 2018, 08:58

qwerty wrote:
victorsra wrote:Kuban Krasnodar football club is bankrupt and will leave professional football in Russia. Opportunity to Russian Rugby to make Kuban Stadium its home?


Oof. First of all, would this affect Kuban Krasnodar Rugby? Is there any dependence of the rugby club from the football one? They're called the same.

No, these are different independent structures. FC Kuban is an old historical club, for which the whole region was ill. They were financed from the regional budget. But about 10 years ago a private club of local billionaire FC Krasnodar appeared. They have the best stadium and the best football academy in Russia.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NABRFws4MVw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN6M4QVj3vU
FC Kuban can not compete with them. Therefore, they went bankrupt. There is a possibility that now part of the money from the local budget will be redirected from FC Kuban to RC Kuban. Maybe they will get a football stadium. Will be hoped, but so far there is no information.

Posts: 47
Joined: Fri, 06 Jan 2017, 23:28
National Flag:
IsraelIsrael

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby ZUKER » Tue, 19 Jun 2018, 09:04

City Budget or Regional - thats the point. They dissmissed FC Kuban but got Dinamo Sochi the brand new Football Club.
Before budget will face regional rugby it will be cut by regional basket Lokomotiv as well

Posts: 682
Joined: Wed, 26 Oct 2016, 16:02
National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby STMKY » Tue, 19 Jun 2018, 09:17

Dynamo Petersburg (FC Sochi now) is also a private club, which is funded by Rothenberg. Therefore, at the moment the Region does not finance a big FC. They want to create a new FC instead of FC Kuban. But most likely his budget will be several times smaller.
From my point of view, it is more profitable for the local budget to finance the RC Kuban for 2-3 million dollars a year. Make a top rugby top club in Russia than finance $ 15-20 million for FC Kuban, which plays in the lower league, and in the city completely loses to the rich private FC Krasnodar.

Posts: 306
Joined: Sun, 04 Mar 2018, 15:43
National Flag:
UruguayUruguay

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby qwerty » Tue, 19 Jun 2018, 13:37

STMKY are you from Krasnodar? I will fly tomorrow to Rostov

Posts: 47
Joined: Fri, 06 Jan 2017, 23:28
National Flag:
IsraelIsrael

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby ZUKER » Wed, 20 Jun 2018, 11:28

I am former Rostov` citizen :D Very nice place mate, many Uruguanians are already there for the soccer

Posts: 45
Joined: Sun, 11 Mar 2018, 17:39
National Flag:
IrelandIreland

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby Grayday88 » Wed, 20 Jun 2018, 11:35

Are there any English speaking websites where I can read up on the Russian Professional League

Posts: 281
Joined: Mon, 12 Mar 2018, 02:19
National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby Blurandski » Wed, 20 Jun 2018, 13:22

Good draw for Enisei, Bristol, Zebre, La Roch. Second place could be a real fight.

Posts: 682
Joined: Wed, 26 Oct 2016, 16:02
National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby STMKY » Wed, 20 Jun 2018, 13:31

No, I'm far from Rostov. We do not have Russian rugby sites in English. If anyone is interested, I can find the schedule of the nearest games.

Posts: 682
Joined: Wed, 26 Oct 2016, 16:02
National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby STMKY » Wed, 20 Jun 2018, 13:38

21 June PENZA, Pervomaysky Stadion 18-00
Imperia - Krasny Yar (Russian Cup 1\4)
http://www.yar-rugby.ru/news/21-iyunya- ... eriyey.htm
23 June MONINO (Moscow Region), Monono Stadion 17-00
VVA - Enisei-STM
25 June MOSCOW, Slava Stadion
Slava - Krasny Yar
http://rrpl.ru/raspisanie-igr/

Posts: 2278
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 09:18
Location: Bucharest
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby amz » Wed, 20 Jun 2018, 13:38

Blurandski wrote:Good draw for Enisei, Bristol, Zebre, La Roch. Second place could be a real fight.


Weakest group, big luck for Enisey. I wonder what they eat :roll:

Posts: 325
Joined: Wed, 11 Nov 2015, 17:11
Location: Boa Vista, Roraima (Amazon)
National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby SallesNeto_BR » Thu, 21 Jun 2018, 01:47

Flying tomorrow to St Pet... afterwards, Moscow, Kras and Sochi... I'll be grateful if you can tell me some rugby tips about these cities (places to go, jersey shops)

Posts: 4225
Joined: Sat, 05 Jul 2014, 02:44
National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby thatrugbyguy » Thu, 21 Jun 2018, 02:59

Hope everyone here who's at the World Cup is having a nice time. :)

Posts: 47
Joined: Fri, 06 Jan 2017, 23:28
National Flag:
IsraelIsrael

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby ZUKER » Thu, 21 Jun 2018, 10:03

SallesNeto_BR wrote:Flying tomorrow to St Pet... afterwards, Moscow, Kras and Sochi... I'll be grateful if you can tell me some rugby tips about these cities (places to go, jersey shops)


23 June MONINO (Moscow Region, 30-40 min by local train), Monono Stadion 17-00
VVA - Enisei-STM
25 June MOSCOW, Slava Stadion
Slava - Krasny Yar

Before the games in Slava there is a small mobile shop in Slava stad with some Russia and local clubs jerseys

Posts: 578
Joined: Sun, 07 Dec 2014, 20:31
National Flag:
WalesWales

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby Figaro » Thu, 21 Jun 2018, 11:31

Blurandski wrote:Good draw for Enisei, Bristol, Zebre, La Roch. Second place could be a real fight.


A lot depends on how seriously Bristol and especially La Rochelle take the competition, but this is pretty much the best group the Russians could have asked for. Bristol will probably be fighting relegation as usual so I can easilly see them throwing the Challenge Cup altogether; Zebre usually try their best but however you measure it they are one of the weakest teams in the top European leagues and they don't travel well. On paper La Rochelle should walk the group (they made the playoffs of the Champions cup last year) but knowing how the French often play in the Challenge Cup, they could easily ignore this altogether as well, especially if they lose the first couple of games. It's the best chance Enisei could have hoped for to qualify out of their group, though a lot will depend on how the other games go and whether one or two get to qualify.

olivier

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby olivier » Thu, 21 Jun 2018, 13:49

Zebre-Enisei will worth the watch.

User avatar
Posts: 2427
Joined: Wed, 22 Jul 2015, 18:20
Location: Moscow
National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby Vova12 » Fri, 22 Jun 2018, 16:03

YamahaKiwi wrote:
Vova, I went to that game and supported Russia (No I didnot dress up!) which made some Aussie fans very angry (and I wasn't even saying rude things about Australia, just chanting for Russia). I was sitting at the top seat on the temporary stand. One guy threatened to throw me over the back of the stand and break my neck, and he wasn't joking! I had to counter threaten that I would call security and they would be chucked out of the game. I was very angry at some foreigner telling me in my own country who I should support and who I shouldn't!

It was necessary to say that you are from Russkaya mafia ... :lol:

Image

User avatar
Posts: 2427
Joined: Wed, 22 Jul 2015, 18:20
Location: Moscow
National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby Vova12 » Fri, 22 Jun 2018, 16:25

ZUKER wrote:
SallesNeto_BR wrote:Flying tomorrow to St Pet... afterwards, Moscow, Kras and Sochi... I'll be grateful if you can tell me some rugby tips about these cities (places to go, jersey shops)


23 June MONINO (Moscow Region, 30-40 min by local train), Monono Stadion 17-00
VVA - Enisei-STM
25 June MOSCOW, Slava Stadion
Slava - Krasny Yar

Before the games in Slava there is a small mobile shop in Slava stad with some Russia and local clubs jerseys

Now on "Slava" this is not.

Former "Slava" player Mikhail Evgenievich Arkhipov used to sell but last year he died.

Sometimes merchant comes from Zelenograd, but for the last time against Newport.

I think on monday it will not.

At the VVA matches in Monino sell mostly football.
From rugby you can buy a scarf VVA and badges.
Image

User avatar
Posts: 2427
Joined: Wed, 22 Jul 2015, 18:20
Location: Moscow
National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby Vova12 » Fri, 22 Jun 2018, 16:30

SallesNeto_BR wrote:Flying tomorrow to St Pet... afterwards, Moscow, Kras and Sochi... I'll be grateful if you can tell me some rugby tips about these cities (places to go, jersey shops)

In Sochi definiteli not.
I know that in Krasnoyarsk there is a networks of shops "World of rugby".

https://vk.com/clubmirrugby

Try to find on ebay ...
Image

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: fridge46 and 24 guests