Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Russian Rugby

National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby Working Class Rugger » Wed, 27 Dec 2017, 02:06

STMKY wrote:
Vova12 wrote:
STMKY wrote:Artemiev brought new sponsors. The largest airline in Russia Aeroflot, the largest bank Sberbank, monopolist Russian Railways and a less known companys. They already transfer money to the Rugby federation. I have not yet seen the sum. It seems that he really works.

I see you no longer want in PRO - 14? :D

Odno drugomu ne meshaet ;) Zenit has an good infrastructure, the best in Russia sports management, potentially unlimited financial resources, a huge base of fans, an advantageous geographical location. If they play in the PRO-14\16, they can play a few winter games at the Zenit Arena under the roof. The rest of the matches are on Petrovsky. Collect the best players of the Russian national team + several top foreigners. It will be an excellent experience and an incentive for Russian players.

Has Zenit expressed any actual interest in bidding for a Pro 14+ team?

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Wed, 27 Dec 2017, 04:36

Working Class Rugger wrote:Has Zenit expressed any actual interest in bidding for a Pro 14+ team?

This is what STMKY ordered from Santa Claus next year ... :D

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Wed, 27 Dec 2017, 07:00

In any case, where do we get a minimum of 100-150 professional players for 3-5 new Premier League teams in a short time? That they were competitive and there were no accounts against Enisei or Yar around 0-100. There is still no answer to this question.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Wed, 27 Dec 2017, 07:14

Working Class Rugger wrote:Has Zenit expressed any actual interest in bidding for a Pro 14+ team?

While this is too early to say. But if the Zenit club is created, it is obvious to me that immediately or in 2-3 years they will set a goal to play in a strong championship than Russian Championship. A PRO14 for St. Petersburg is an excellent option. Gazprom executives simply will not be interested in winning the Russian championship without much competition.
A fresh example. At the beginning of the year, the press reported that a volleyball Zenit Petersburg would be created. They bought a place in the Russian Superleague from the club bankrupt, in the summer they collected players. The Russian Super League in world volleyball is roughly like Super Rugby in world rugby. At the moment they occupy the fifth place (9-6), having a home victory over the strongest club in the world Zenit Kazan. Kazan lost for the first time in 2 years in the Super League ... The home arena for 7000 seats at the top matches is complete. This is a first season of new club.

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Wed, 27 Dec 2017, 14:48

If a country is just seeking short term answers rugby is going nowhere. Specially if opting to spend loads of money in short term (false) "solutions".
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Wed, 27 Dec 2017, 15:13

In Gazprom are people who will not wait 5-10 years while young players grow up. They will first invite top players and coaches. At the same time they will create an academy. Win all possible tournaments. And in 5-10 years the team will have their own local players. But by this time there will already be a powerful club. When there is money, it's better than when there are none ...

Postby 4N » Wed, 27 Dec 2017, 15:17

victorsra wrote:If a country is just seeking short term answers rugby is going nowhere. Specially if opting to spend loads of money in short term (false) "solutions".

How is a large multisport club forming professional rugby anything like this? You would love if it happened with a famous Brazilian soccer club. I know because you have posted such things in the past. It seems like a much better investment than joining the Vodacom Cup tbh.

Postby 4N » Wed, 27 Dec 2017, 15:21

STMKY wrote:In Gazprom are people who will not wait 5-10 years while young players grow up. They will first invite top players and coaches. At the same time they will create an academy. Win all possible tournaments. And in 5-10 years the team will have their own local players. But by this time there will already be a powerful club. When there is money, it's better than when there are none ...

Absolutely. In large countries like Brazil, Russia, USA, such things are necessary to break through in the competitive pro sporting market. Setting up a youth academy years in advance would be pointless if few local youth know about it. A pro rugby team is the best tool for recruiting talented juniors from other disciplines.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Wed, 27 Dec 2017, 15:22

But this is still at the level of rumors and conjectures. There is no 100% information about Zenit. I heard that the federation is negotiating with Gazprom.

Postby 4N » Wed, 27 Dec 2017, 15:32

I would add that ex Soviet republic players are common in pretty much all Russian sports, so the team would hardly be expected to be 100% Russian or local juniors. Look at the Latvians, Ukrainians, Moldovans etc playing rugby in Siberia. Surely St Petersburg would be attractive to Baltic players.

Anyway, keep us posted on any new developments. :thumbup:

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Wed, 27 Dec 2017, 16:20

There is an article by Igor Artemyev in Russian. He writes that "the important thing is to increase the importance and prestige of the Russian Championship, negotiations are underway to revive the legendary rugby clubs, and to create new professional teams. It is necessary that professional teams play at worthy stadiums, for this the rugby federation applied to the Ministry of Sport Russia to participate in the Heritage program to ensure the use of the infrastructure built for the football World Cup 2018. "
http://www.rugby.ru/wp-content/uploads/ ... y_1_17.pdf
Let me remind you that 12 new stadiums have been built in 11 cities: Moscow, St. Petersburg, Kaliningrad, Nizhny Novgorod, Kazan, Saransk, Yekaterinburg, Samara, Volgograd, Rostov and Sochi. And also 60 training bases in 31 cities. This is mainly stadiums with a small capacity from 1000 to 10,000 seats.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIFA ... Cup#Venues
https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Список_тренировочных_баз_чемпионата_мира_по_футболу_2018

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Wed, 27 Dec 2017, 17:11

You would love if it happened with a famous Brazilian soccer club.

Not true. Some of the most famous Brazilian football clubs started rugby and gave up. Last one Corinthians (25 million supporters, "embraced" rugby just to do anything about it). Because as it is still too small they had no interesting after a while.

There are several football clubs in the world with rugby sections. But it only means anything if they can boost the sport in number of fans and players. A football supporter doesn't start watching other sports just because his club has a section. Latin America, Southern and Eastern Europe have the tradition of multisports clubs and this doesn't mean much for most sports. Unless Zenit has a real plan it is too soon to say anything. But the idea of boosting things from day to night is false.

Postby 4N » Wed, 27 Dec 2017, 17:24

Yeah I remember when that happened and you being excited about it. And a club in the northeast before that - can't recall which off the top of my head. But just because it failed after half-hearted efforts in Brazil or Barcelona doesn't mean it will elsewhere.

The equivalent of football or multisport clubs in the US would be popular NCAA university teams. I can say with 100% certainty that more casual fans are attracted when a familiar brand is playing.

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Wed, 27 Dec 2017, 17:46

I remember when that happened and you being excited about it.

Yeah, and I support Palmeiras, Corinthians' rivals. And Palmeiras and São Paulo FC had rugby in the 80s. The Northeast clubs with rugby are small.

I agree it can be good for Russia. But it also can mean nothing. That's why I am concerned when STMKY says "where do we get a minimum of 100-150 professional players for 3-5 new Premier League teams in a short time?". You won't really grow more just making your few high performance players more professional. It is a limited growth. Brazil will find this out soon. And both will look to their own domestic youth competitions and realise how far they are to produce the number of high quality players their ambitions ask for.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Wed, 27 Dec 2017, 17:51

So far these are my assumptions about Zenit based on the creation of new teams in basketball and volleyball. I can also further assume. They need a coaching staff. At 99% I'm sure they will be looking abroad (New Zealanders, French, maybe Argentinians?). Players. For the first season in the championship of Russia there will be enough 32-35 players. You can collect experienced players from the Russian national team from Enisei and Yar (Kushnaryov, Rudoy, ​​Gresev..), which Krasnoyarsk clubs can replace by young and foreigners. Also invite some promising players from other clubs (Gajiev, Davydov, Sozonov..). Return Russian players from foreign clubs (Ostrikov, Sergeev..). And also invite about 10 top foreigners.
As for the academy. In Petersburg there are many children's sections in different amateur clubs. There is a certain base of players, but due to the lack of a professional team in the city, the majority of 18 years players are go from rugby. The exception is Victor Gresev. He was able to break into the professional level. The best young players can be collected at the new Zenit Academy.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Wed, 27 Dec 2017, 17:57

victorsra wrote:
I remember when that happened and you being excited about it.

Yeah, and I support Palmeiras, Corinthians' rivals. And Palmeiras and São Paulo FC had rugby in the 80s. The Northeast clubs with rugby are small.

I agree it can be good for Russia. But it also can mean nothing. That's why I am concerned when STMKY says "where do we get a minimum of 100-150 professional players for 3-5 new Premier League teams in a short time?". You won't really grow more just making your few high performance players more professional. It is a limited growth. Brazil will find this out soon. And both will look to their own domestic youth competitions and realise how far they are to produce the number of high quality players their ambitions ask for.

This is a problem, but it is solvable. On the one hand, young players who are now choosing at the age of 18 to stay with them in rugby or choose another sphere. The appearance of such clubs as Zenit, CSKA, Dynamo, Torpedo, Lokomotiv will save many of them in rugby. On the other hand, you need to change the limit for foreigners in the championship from 4 + 2 to 10 in the application for the season or perhaps completely cancel it for several years as in France.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Thu, 28 Dec 2017, 12:19

Igor Artemiev and Krasnoyarsk Territory Governor Alexander Uss (an old fan of Krasny Yar) joined the Council for the Development of Physical Education and Sports under the Russian President.

The decree was published on December 27, 2017. Obviously, this will help increase the support and involvement of the state in the development of the state in the development of the game.

The Council was established in 2012, which includes 56 people.

Postby 4N » Thu, 28 Dec 2017, 14:09

Lots happening in Russian rugby right now. The sport is to be introduced into the police and security services in 2018. Sounds like Artemyev is ambitious.

http://polit.ru/news/2017/12/27/rugbi/

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Thu, 28 Dec 2017, 14:26

This remind me of the end of the 90 s beginning of 2000 in the Russian rugby leagues.
Money has appeared and all have become professionals!

Finals of the Cup of Russia played in Luzhniki Stadium!
In Moscow played international tournaments!

https://vk.com/video-2111899_166695060

Teams from Russia played in the Challenge Cap!

The money is over and the RL in Russia are over ...

Without investing in rugby infrastructur everything will end just like that.
Clubs + rugby schools. Only this will bring sucess ...

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Thu, 28 Dec 2017, 14:31

The police also had their own team then ... :D

Postby 4N » Thu, 28 Dec 2017, 14:39

Russian Rugby League mainly had one financier. That was their problem. I remember when Kirill Kulemin switched codes that was sort of the beginning of the end.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Thu, 28 Dec 2017, 18:54

4N wrote:Russian Rugby League mainly had one financier. That was their problem. I remember when Kirill Kulemin switched codes that was sort of the beginning of the end.

Tomorrow Putin will change his mind or Artemiev will leave his post ...
And everything will fall again.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Fri, 29 Dec 2017, 09:41

In Krasnoyarsk open new terminal in airoport
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWToyLTHUaM

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Fri, 29 Dec 2017, 16:16

STMKY wrote:In Krasnoyarsk open new terminal in airoport
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWToyLTHUaM

Its a good news!
We meet the New Year without snow and + 4 C.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Sun, 31 Dec 2017, 06:24

"The new VVA stadium in Monino will be completed in 2 years" - said Artemiev.

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum