Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Russian Rugby

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby Vova12 » Mon, 11 Jun 2018, 07:41

amz wrote:2 scores over 60 pts, 53-17 with Italy :roll: this isn't a "dignified performance".

It is clear that Romania is capable of organizing more than 3 try Russia against Australia, Italy and 2 try against Ireland ...

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Mon, 11 Jun 2018, 07:42

who cares about 2-3 tries at 60 pts scored? :)

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Mon, 11 Jun 2018, 07:51

amz wrote:who cares about 2-3 tries at 60 pts scored? :)

Nevertheles this was best result among debutants . 8 try and one bonus defensive point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m09DbKmvAFs&t=345s

Romania had less + 67 pts against England ...

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Mon, 11 Jun 2018, 07:58

Romania didn't target the respective game and look at the score line with Scotland

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Mon, 11 Jun 2018, 11:12

amz wrote:Romania didn't target the respective game and look at the score line with Scotland

Yes, Romania performed well.
At lest 2 times better than against England in 2001.
Progress is evedent ... :D

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Mon, 11 Jun 2018, 11:16

Vova12 wrote:
amz wrote:Romania didn't target the respective game and look at the score line with Scotland

Yes, Romania performed well.
At lest 2 times better than against England in 2001.
Progress is evedent ... :D

match vs England in 2001 was a mistake, the real national team which was made of players who were with French clubs was on strike and refused to travel so it was a side gathered in last moment.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Mon, 11 Jun 2018, 11:20

I say progress is obvious. :D

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Mon, 11 Jun 2018, 12:06

@Vova Don't talk about that match, it never happened :).

Credit to USA for the result. They always had some good players but the rest wasn't exactly up to Pro standard. With the new league they raise the overall standard of the team and they are growing steadily. I see USA tackling Japan soon.

Russia should be very busy next 1 year and a half. It looks like they are having all the advantages: new union president with a boost of money, Russian teams are doing well in Europe, Russian league stronger every year, World cup place, sevens is ok like always . I dont know if Russia will make any wonder at World CUp, but their rugby will grow and that is very important.

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby Tobar » Mon, 11 Jun 2018, 14:08

Despite the scoreline, I wasn't very pleased with the level of play that the USA exhibited. There were a few tries scored on broken plays but they unnecessarily lost quite a few restarts and seemed overall very sloppy. I hoped that they would have had a finer tuned game as a result of having the most professional - and arguably best USA selection ever. Head Coach Gary Gold wasn't too pleased with the performance overall:
"We didn't hit our goals," said Gold. "One of the things that we tried to do today was be a little bit more physical in the tackle and slow their ball down and I think, particularly in the first half, they got a lot of quick ball."

But, Gold added, holing Russia to 13 points was a positive.

"But we wanted to really work hard on our tackle technique ... and we didn't do that," he said.

This is basically how I felt about the game. I felt that the US was playing on their back foot for the beginning of the game and it showed with an early Russian try. Can't complain about a 62-13 win but would've hoped to have seen a better quality of play.

National Flag:
UruguayUruguay

Postby qwerty » Mon, 11 Jun 2018, 17:34

Pretty good for a debutant

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Tue, 12 Jun 2018, 20:27

Here you can ask a question to Russian team.
Leave your comments.

https://rugger.info/russia/news/20631

Before match with Canada they will answer questions.

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Postby Tomster7uk » Wed, 13 Jun 2018, 01:54

First and foremost, congratulations to Russia for reaching the World Cup in some bizarre circumstances.

Who would you like to see join you in Pool A? Germany, Portugal or Samoa

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Wed, 13 Jun 2018, 03:20

Tomster7uk wrote:First and foremost, congratulations to Russia for reaching the World Cup in some bizarre circumstances.

Who would you like to see join you in Pool A? Germany, Portugal or Samoa

I published your question.

National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Postby thatrugbyguy » Wed, 13 Jun 2018, 11:22

Given Japan is not far away how many supporters do you guys think will travel to the World Cup?

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Wed, 13 Jun 2018, 11:26

thatrugbyguy wrote:Given Japan is not far away how many supporters do you guys think will travel to the World Cup?

Not far away? Moscow is 7500km away. About the same if the World Cup was held in New York. You Aussies and your funny feeling about distances :D
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Wed, 13 Jun 2018, 11:30

RugbyLiebe wrote:
thatrugbyguy wrote:Given Japan is not far away how many supporters do you guys think will travel to the World Cup?

Not far away? Moscow is 7500km away. About the same if the World Cup was held in New York. You Aussies and your funny feeling about distances :D

Main clubs of Russian rugby are in Siberia and from there is much easier to travel to Japan. Train to Valdivostok than 2 hours flight, it's not such a big deal (no short trip either). I think this what he is talking about. I have studied with some friends the possibility to travel from Calais to Vladivostok with a car and from there to fly in Japan for RWC 2019...

National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Postby thatrugbyguy » Wed, 13 Jun 2018, 11:38

I thought it was a given I meant the areas and cities in the East, lol. Not many Russians made the trip to New Zealand in 2011.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Wed, 13 Jun 2018, 11:44

thatrugbyguy wrote:I thought it was a given I meant the areas and cities in the East, lol. Not many Russians made the trip to New Zealand in 2011.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/a ... d=10750931

Putin promised a bright future for the ultimate sport for Russian man ;) Didn't he or one of his aides visited NZ during RWC 2011 and hence the speculations posted above?

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Wed, 13 Jun 2018, 12:23

amz wrote:
RugbyLiebe wrote:

Main clubs of Russian rugby are in Siberia and from there is much easier to travel to Japan. Train to Valdivostok than 2 hours flight, it's not such a big deal (no short trip either). I think this what he is talking about. I have studied with some friends the possibility to travel from Calais to Vladivostok with a car and from there to fly in Japan for RWC 2019...

Woah. This sounds like the road-trip of a life time. If I was still a student, I would totally do it ;-)
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Wed, 13 Jun 2018, 12:44

RugbyLiebe wrote:
amz wrote:
RugbyLiebe wrote:

Woah. This sounds like the road-trip of a life time. If I was still a student, I would totally do it ;-)

We grew old, war continued, change of route, kids were born..so we drop it :D It would have been a 3 weeks trip with some stops with detour (not the straightest trip) to pass trough Romania and Georgia (northern Iran was on the table as well). Initially we thought at 2 cars, 6 people. Could have been the adventure of my life .. :(

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Wed, 13 Jun 2018, 14:13

amz wrote:We grew old, war continued, change of route, kids were born..so we drop it :D It would have been a 3 weeks trip with some stops with detour (not the straightest trip) to pass trough Romania and Georgia (northern Iran was on the table as well). Initially we thought at 2 cars, 6 people. Could have been the adventure of my life .. :(

So Vova, when shall we pick you up in Moscow? :D

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Wed, 13 Jun 2018, 14:21

We were actually planning to pick up on route someone near Amur river, from Blagovechensk :lol:

So you are actually suggesting skip Georgia and go on northern route, from Berlin trough Moscow over Urals ? This may make Vova nervous coming from a German and a Romanian.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Wed, 13 Jun 2018, 14:32

RugbyLiebe wrote:
amz wrote:We grew old, war continued, change of route, kids were born..so we drop it :D It would have been a 3 weeks trip with some stops with detour (not the straightest trip) to pass trough Romania and Georgia (northern Iran was on the table as well). Initially we thought at 2 cars, 6 people. Could have been the adventure of my life .. :(

So Vova, when shall we pick you up in Moscow? :D

Tomorrow i fly to Sochi, i have tickets for Spain - Portugal! :D

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Wed, 13 Jun 2018, 14:37

From Moscow to Blagoveshensk is 7839 km.
From Romania to Blagoveshensk?
You guys are really mad!
By the way the road passes through Krasnoyarsk!

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Wed, 13 Jun 2018, 14:41

thatrugbyguy wrote:I thought it was a given I meant the areas and cities in the East, lol. Not many Russians made the trip to New Zealand in 2011.

I think that a few hundred fans will fly - maximum.

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum