Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Russian Rugby

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby STMKY » Sun, 20 May 2018, 09:49

When the Germans in Cologne included the Soviet Union's hymn, our players did not lose their heads and sang it, then the effect in the Russian media (sports and political) was hundreds of times greater than the victories of the Russian national team at the European Rugby Seven Championship.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcQZh8SQSzY
This really works for popularization. Simple people looking at these reports and articles say "Our rugby players are tough guys, they are real patriots of Russia!". Against the background of millionaires glamorous football players and stupid hockey players who sang the anthem of Russia under the white flag is a big difference! This is a positive image of rugby in Russia.

National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Postby thatrugbyguy » Sun, 20 May 2018, 14:30

STMKY wrote:Naturalization must be sincere and decent - Artemiev

- By the same scheme, which was naturalized by Anton Rudoy from Kazakhstan, can be naturalized and other rugby players who play in Russian clubs, do you consider this option?

"I'll give you an example." When we were at the World Series stage in Hong Kong, it was just Easter. We found a Russian Orthodox church, and for the first time I saw icons with hieroglyphics. What am I talking about? Naturalization - a thing quite normal, if it is sincere and decent. I completely do not hide that I would be interested to talk with the Russian community in Australia. There after the revolution, after the Second World War and in the Soviet years, there was a huge number of Russian people looking for work and a better life. And it was just recently, there were grandmothers and grandfathers in Russia.

In Australia, everyone is somehow engaged in rugby. Perhaps one of the players of Russian origin, by virtue of different life circumstances, seeks to their homeland, to their roots? Why do not we ask these guys - and you do not want to return to Russia today? I like this kind of naturalization. But when they take islanders, even wonderful and good ones, this is another story. I would also look for in South Africa, where there was always a large Russian community, and in Argentina, the USA, Canada. It is necessary to talk with community leaders, this is a normal correct task.

The same applies to the CIS - we are all former citizens of the USSR, we lived in one country. This is the right approach. But it is necessary that this man was Russian. You can also invite an ethnic Kazakh from Kazakhstan, who plays well, but this is not the story, I do not really want it. Yes, we even have Afro-Russians in our team - nothing terrible, no racism, no in rugby at all. But this player is Afro-RUSSIAN, and it would be surprising to invite a pure African or an islander. Although I do not rule out such options.

- Will there be some department in the federation that will deal with this issue?

- No, it is not necessary to produce departments. There will be a specific person who will do this. We do not encroach on anything, but if there are people who need a life force to return to their historical homeland, and they do not have the money to do this, but they play well, why not help them return to their roots?

Russian community isn’t very big here, only about 70,000, about half live in Melbourne where rugby is not as big as it is in Sydney or Brisbane. There might a few players of Russian ancestry playing at club level though so no harm in searching. Adam Byrnes is to my knowledge the only Super Rugby player to have Russian parents.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Sun, 20 May 2018, 15:25

Most likely they no longer have Russian names and surnames. Unfortunately, Russians quickly assimilate abroad. At the World Cup 2000 Rugby-13 for Russia played 7 Australians. All of them were with non-Russian surnames, except for one Russian Jew from Odessa. Therefore, by 90%, we do not know who has Russian roots, until they themselves say this as Adam Byrns.
By the name I found only one Russian. Rory Kostyashin. But he has already finished playing, now the assistant coach in Newcastle Knights. According to the probability theory there are several players with Russian roots with non-Russian names in the NRL and Super Rugby.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rory_Kostjasyn

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Sun, 20 May 2018, 15:54

Greg Zholudev from Australian Sevens.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Sun, 20 May 2018, 15:59

Yes, but he played for Australia.

Postby 4N » Sun, 20 May 2018, 16:17

Not sure if Jeloudev would even be eligible. He says his great-grandparents left Russia. No mention of grandparents being born there.

https://www.sports.ru/others/105794908.html

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Sun, 20 May 2018, 16:27

Who leaves Russia?
He who does not want to be Russian !
You will not see them as on the parade on St.Patrick Day like Irish in New York.
The descendants of the nazi servants fled from justice or the curent thieves who went abroad.
About a dozen players with Russian roots can play for Russia but only young guy from France has expresed a desire to play.

Before the World Cup the number of people will certainly increase (Sergeev for example), but i would not hope for this shit ...

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Sun, 20 May 2018, 16:35

The descendants of the Nazis are an absolute minority. In addition, they can not be responsible for their grandfather. Among the Russians abroad there are a lot of descendants of Old Believers, Cossacks and monarchists.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Sun, 20 May 2018, 16:36

STMKY wrote:When the Germans in Cologne included the Soviet Union's hymn, our players did not lose their heads and sang it, then the effect in the Russian media (sports and political) was hundreds of times greater than the victories of the Russian national team at the European Rugby Seven Championship.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcQZh8SQSzY
This really works for popularization. Simple people looking at these reports and articles say "Our rugby players are tough guys, they are real patriots of Russia!". Against the background of millionaires glamorous football players and stupid hockey players who sang the anthem of Russia under the white flag is a big difference! This is a positive image of rugby in Russia.

You had you're chance for hymn-revenge today in the Moskau 7s-final, but apparently Rugby Europe now has the right hymn up (or did you just use thr melody to make sure to not accidently play the first verse? :D )

So why weren't there literally any people in the stadium?
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Sun, 20 May 2018, 16:41

STMKY wrote:The descendants of the Nazis are an absolute minority. In addition, they can not be responsible for their grandfather. Among the Russians abroad there are a lot of descendants of Old Believers, Cossacks and monarchists.

Okay !Do you want to play for Russia? Play for it constantli not just at World Championship!
And finally learn the Russian language!

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Sun, 20 May 2018, 16:46

I did not watch this mini-rugby. Few spectators in Moscow - this is normal. We need to play rugby in the Russian province.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Sun, 20 May 2018, 16:47

RugbyLiebe wrote:

Sevens is the most stupid sport after curling. Ive never been in games sevens in my life.
I would have banned him and the one who invented it judged in Haague Tribunal!

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Sun, 20 May 2018, 16:49

Vova12 wrote:Okay !Do you want to play for Russia? Play for it constantli not just at World Championship!

I agree, it is necessary as the Georgians come to all the matches of the national team.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Sun, 20 May 2018, 16:53

STMKY wrote:
Vova12 wrote:Okay !Do you want to play for Russia? Play for it constantli not just at World Championship!

I agree, it is necessary as the Georgians come to all the matches of the national team.

We have Ostrikov come once a year ...

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Sun, 20 May 2018, 17:23

This not normal. Ostrikov should come to all games. I hope Artemiev will change this situation.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Sun, 20 May 2018, 19:15

Vova12 wrote:
RugbyLiebe wrote:

Sevens is the most stupid sport after curling. Ive never been in games sevens in my life.
I would have banned him and the one who invented it judged in Haague Tribunal!

Your beer for pulling Germany back in the 15 RWCQs will wait for you at the Oktoberfest 7s ;-) Come over if this event ever happens again and I show you around.
Last year was simply amazing. Both days.
I just asked because Moskva apparently wants a World Series stop.
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Sun, 20 May 2018, 19:26

RugbyLiebe wrote:
Your beer for pulling Germany back in the 15 RWCQs will wait for you at the Oktoberfest 7s ;-) Come over if this event ever happens again and I show you around.
Last year was simply amazing. Both days.
I just asked because Moskva apparently wants a World Series stop.

I think that there will be very few spectators.
I consider this a stupid idea especially since Russia out of the World Series.

Thanks for the invitation! 8-)

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Sun, 20 May 2018, 19:45

Football "Yenisei" in the Premier League!

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Mon, 21 May 2018, 15:16

STMKY wrote:The descendants of the Nazis are an absolute minority. In addition, they can not be responsible for their grandfather. Among the Russians abroad there are a lot of descendants of Old Believers, Cossacks and monarchists.

This is a great-grandson ... great-grandson ... great-grandson of Admiral Kornilov.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladimir_Kornilov

He was born in France and first time in Sevastopol on the grave of his ankestor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm_KAhzB2Fo

The only worthy emigration from Russia is the sample of 1917 which is really a piti.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Tue, 22 May 2018, 15:39

I want to be understood correctli.

Why is the guy who appear in team on demand for many years to stay at home, and the guy who remembered Russia only before the WC should go there?

Based on what? Based on the kind of residence of his grandfather who left for West with Nazis?

I think that its just notfair!

Do you want to play at the WC? Play in the Russian national team constantli!

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Tue, 22 May 2018, 15:50

Therefore only one who deserves this Nikita Bekov from France ...

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Tue, 22 May 2018, 20:25

Miracle! Players "Slava" Mishechkin and Chernyshov on Sport FM!
Maybe someone from them will go to the WC!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... PP4iOz-wDM

Probably this is first case. 8-)

National Flag:
IsraelIsrael

Postby ZUKER » Wed, 23 May 2018, 09:34

Vova12 wrote:I want to be understood correctli.

Why is the guy who appear in team on demand for many years to stay at home, and the guy who remembered Russia only before the WC should go there?

Based on what? Based on the kind of residence of his grandfather who left for West with Nazis?

I think that its just notfair!

Do you want to play at the WC? Play in the Russian national team constantli!

Forget about "fair" and "unfair". If the National Team have some substitute from Internationals so they have to do its best to invite them and integrate into the Squad. Just because they are better and exparienced than the Locals. If the Locals are on the same level so this is not an Issue.
This is root cause of Russia rugby constantly (e.g. in comparison with Georgia) - the young talents get the viable contracts with top clubs in the League, then get married and stay here to bog wth Russian Premierligue

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Wed, 23 May 2018, 13:36

ZUKER wrote:Forget about "fair" and "unfair". If the National Team have some substitute from Internationals so they have to do its best to invite them and integrate into the Squad. Just because they are better and exparienced than the Locals. If the Locals are on the same level so this is not an Issue.
This is root cause of Russia rugby constantly (e.g. in comparison with Georgia) - the young talents get the viable contracts with top clubs in the League, then get married and stay here to bog wth Russian Premierligue

Im not sure that mass attraktion of these people will have a positive impakt on the team.
In my opinion its better to attraktion young players to the team than "russians" who disappears after WC.

Russia accidentally got to WC and we do not need to expect a successful performance.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Wed, 23 May 2018, 15:32

However if at WC 2023 Romania and Spain are again disqualified can dial "Russian" from abroad!
But i afraid that this is unlikly ... :D

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum