Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Russian Rugby

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby Chester-Donnelly » Thu, 26 Mar 2020, 19:10

victorsra wrote:
What produces languages and restricts them are the national states.

This is absolutely true. Scots might have been a separate language if England and Scotland had not united. Now it is a dialect.
In England, these days hardly anyone is speaking a dialect. Even old people are speaking standard English, albeit with regional accents and a few local words and phrases.
I think Scots will eventually follow the English dialects and die out unless there is political intervention to preserve it.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Thu, 26 Mar 2020, 19:18

Last August went to rugby with an Englishman from London and a Scot on rugby in Moscow.

I speak English on phone. I do not speak English well. Maybe i need a translator.

And he tells me too. My friend is a Scot! :D

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Postby Chester-Donnelly » Thu, 26 Mar 2020, 19:26

Vova12 wrote:Last August went to rugby with an Englishman from London and a Scot on rugby in Moscow.

I speak English on phone. I do not speak English well. Maybe i need a translator.

And he tells me too. My friend is a Scot! :D

This is pretty funny. The accent is difficult for non-British people to understand. But they are speaking standard English for most of this. Just their accents are very strong.

Postby 4N » Thu, 26 Mar 2020, 19:36

victorsra wrote:"Russian, Rusyn, Ukrainian, and Belarusian are all mutually intelligible, effectively forming a dialect continuum"

My great-grandmother spoke Rusyn, my grandma speaks only a few words of it. It is indeed mutually intelligible with all of the other East Slavic languages. There are even dialects within it, Lemko, Boyko, Hutsul. If you have ever seen the movie The Deer Hunter they speak Rusyn in that, not Russian as is commonly thought. The wedding reception was filmed at the Lemko Hall, a building that still stands in my hometown.

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Thu, 26 Mar 2020, 19:50

The State choses one of the dialects of the same dialect continuum to become the official one, therefore the official form of the language. The use of it by the government, the schools and universities, national press, makes it widespread, in a process of elimination of major regional differences. However, local resistence (as a form of identity) might happen, keeping some internal variation. And I'm talking only about the same language. Not about total different language that might co-exist inside the same country (like Basque, Welsh, Tatar or whatever). In the other hand, regional governments, when autonomous, might elect a regional official language, keeping it alive because it is used in its own way by the same institutions and players (government, schools, press...). Be sure in the 18th century there were much bigger differences in every language. This is true for the whole world. The 19th-20th century changed things a lot with mass comunication and mass formal education.
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Postby Chester-Donnelly » Thu, 26 Mar 2020, 21:42

There is a Scots language society. For me, it is much harder to read than it is to understand spoken Scots. Scots seems more like a separate language in its written form. It just looks like it is written phonetically. Also when it is written like this it changes something. For example, the word "members" in Scots, in this website is memmers. If someone in England misses a letter out of a word, they are just saying it wrong and quite possibly don't know how that word is spelt. But in Scots they spell it how they say it, with the "b" missing. And because they can write it that way, and call it a language, they are correct. If someone from England goes missing out letters they are just wrong.

https://www.lallans.co.uk/index.php

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Thu, 26 Mar 2020, 22:37

Interesting. In the Portuguese language, the most notorious exemple of what I'm saying is the Galician, spoken in the Spanish region of Galicia. Once both languages were the same and tehey are still extremely close, but Portuguese thrived within the Portuguese state and the Portuguese empire. This political division accounts for the split of both Portuguese and Galician, although they are still almost the same. I was astounished when I listened to Galician. It sounded very close to the Brazilian speach. The main cool difference is that they put X where we use J.

Maybe the difference is like Russian-Belarussian, for exemple. A very small one.

EDIT: OOOOOOOOH LALLANS = Lowlands?

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Thu, 26 Mar 2020, 22:51

If Ukrainian and Belarusian language are not forcibly imposed they will be suplanted by Russian language. Therefore in Ukraine Russian schools are being destroye, and in Belarussia they are trying to reduce Russian language.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Thu, 26 Mar 2020, 22:53

Russian is 1000 years of written history, and Ukrainian and Belorussian is a village dialect invented 100 years ago.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Thu, 26 Mar 2020, 22:55

Russian language is space and science, and Ukrainian and Belarusian languages are cows and pigs.

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Thu, 26 Mar 2020, 23:12

:roll:

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Thu, 26 Mar 2020, 23:15

Yes, that is right. You can be convinced of this by comparing Russia, Belarusia and Ukraine.

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Thu, 26 Mar 2020, 23:19

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Thu, 26 Mar 2020, 23:20

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Thu, 26 Mar 2020, 23:22

Write it down. Ukraine will not exist within these borders and Belarusia will join Russia.

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Thu, 26 Mar 2020, 23:26

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Thu, 26 Mar 2020, 23:31

Fortunately no one takes our words seriously ...

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Fri, 27 Mar 2020, 06:12

What you call the Belorussian language is a rural West Russian dialect. That is, illiterate speech. It is spoken by a maximum of 5% of the inhabitants of Belorussia. Poland and other NATO countries are specifically promoting it in order to drive a wedge inside Russia.
Here is an example. Polish television channel Belsat, created to promote the Belorrusian language. Their survey in the city of Brest. They ask questions in Belorussian. And the locals respond with laughter and with descent in Russian.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r65MNFNy90

National Flag:
PolandPoland

Postby rey200 » Fri, 27 Mar 2020, 10:36

Strangely the only roommate from Minsk I had did speak belorussian. You know why I know it wasn't Russian? Because I understood was she was saying without any problem.
Ceterum censeo Sex Nationes esse augendas.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Fri, 27 Mar 2020, 11:13

Russians in Russia were people with education and culture.
Russians (Ukrainians, Belarusians) in Poland, Austria, Hungary were rural illiterate people.
Therefore sooner or later those who want to develop will choose Russia and those who want to work on plantations in Europe will choose Ukrainian and Belarusian languages.
Both in Belarus and Ukraine Russian language is oppressed and prohibited. Voluntarily few people want to learn these languages in Belarussia and Eastern Ukraine. In Crimea and in Donbass Ukrainian classes are closing. No one wants to study there.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Fri, 27 Mar 2020, 11:19

STMKY wrote:What you call the Belorussian language is a rural West Russian dialect.

yeah that's how Russians see everybody around them, just some savages :roll:

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Fri, 27 Mar 2020, 11:24

No. They always had same rights as Russians.
But your owners from Europe and US have never had such a thing.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Fri, 27 Mar 2020, 12:28

amz wrote:
STMKY wrote:What you call the Belorussian language is a rural West Russian dialect.

yeah that's how Russians see everybody around them, just some savages :roll:

No. They are the same Russian people. But the West is trying to impose an anti-Russian mentality on them. This is an elementary formula "divide and conquer."

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Fri, 27 Mar 2020, 12:30

rey200 wrote:Strangely the only roommate from Minsk I had did speak belorussian. You know why I know it wasn't Russian? Because I understood was she was saying without any problem.

In Belorussia, the real ratio of 5% - 95%. In Minsk you will have to look for speakers of the Belorussian dialect for a very long time. This is likely to be pro-Western opposition. There are very few of them.

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Fri, 27 Mar 2020, 14:26

STMKY wrote:What you call the Belorussian language is a rural West Russian dialect. That is, illiterate speech. It is spoken by a maximum of 5% of the inhabitants of Belorussia. Poland and other NATO countries are specifically promoting it in order to drive a wedge inside Russia.
Here is an example. Polish television channel Belsat, created to promote the Belorrusian language. Their survey in the city of Brest. They ask questions in Belorussian. And the locals respond with laughter and with descent in Russian.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r65MNFNy90

Coundn't even understand what I wrote? ...why one should bother talking...?

yeah that's how Russians see everybody around them, just some savages

too much prosaic minds... no way to step forward in a discussion.

Vova12 wrote:Russians in Russia were people with education and culture.
Russians (Ukrainians, Belarusians) in Poland, Austria, Hungary were rural illiterate people.

So, illiterate like you?

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum