Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Spanish rugby

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Re: Spanish rugby

Postby Armchair Fan » Mon, 06 Nov 2017, 18:24

olivier wrote:Super Spain take shape. Only Peluchon is missing. Fred Quercy is sensational at the moment. If Spain beat Canada, they will start to unveil their potential.

El Salvador coach just said in a local radio show that Mathieu Peluchon AND Charly Malié may come to the game against Brazil.

National Flag:
MacauMacau

Postby olivier » Mon, 06 Nov 2017, 21:07

Quite frankly, nobody could beat Spain in REC if they get everyone at the same time. The starting XV and the bench would be tremendous. Many of the players from Pro D2 are in their prime. If they start to beat Romania and Georgia usually. The competition will rise between the players to be in the squad or to be starter, so Spain level will rise more quickly than you even think.

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Mon, 06 Nov 2017, 21:27

Sure Olivier, but let's be real. If Spain reaches RWC with 20 French-born players, media pressure both from inside Spain and the outside will be huge and could be counterproductive to the growth that is really happening in the country. How can you sell a national team when only 3 out of 30,000 play in the World Cup? I'm all for the use of foreign-born players, but this can't be sustainable. Especially when migration flux changed in the 1990s.

National Flag:
MacauMacau

Postby olivier » Mon, 06 Nov 2017, 21:34

Armchair Fan wrote:Sure Olivier, but let's be real. If Spain reaches RWC with 20 French-born players, media pressure both from inside Spain and the outside will be huge and could be counterproductive to the growth that is really happening in the country. How can you sell a national team when only 3 out of 30,000 play in the World Cup? I'm all for the use of foreign-born players, but this can't be sustainable. Especially when migration flux changed in the 1990s.

I think the opposite. I think this would bring a huge interest. These guys are allowed to play for Spain. They stole nothing. And they are Spanish blood.

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby vino_93 » Tue, 07 Nov 2017, 06:48

Come on, 20 french guys playing for Spain is the worst thing possible for rugby. That's the same as league... No interest at all.

National Flag:
MacauMacau

Postby olivier » Tue, 07 Nov 2017, 14:57

vino_93 wrote:Come on, 20 french guys playing for Spain is the worst thing possible for rugby. That's the same as league... No interest at all.

This is good for rugby in Spain. The players who grow in Spain are not so far from the level of the French. There is more players in Spain than in Scotland. They just need a professional setup to improve. French guys a quarter Spanish know what they can bring to the country : Audience.

National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Postby sk 88 » Tue, 07 Nov 2017, 16:42

I think the potential boost of a RWC appearance would surely be well worth the risks of making the team a bit over dominated by French-raised players. Surely?

I agree long term it is not sustainable, but as we can all agree and see that then Spain and her union should really see that too and could target funds into the 16-21 year olds, who are Spanish, to secure the future. The Spanish born and raised players aren't that far behind, perhaps just being exposed to the higher levels in training will make them see what they could also achieve.

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Tue, 07 Nov 2017, 16:56

The problem is that investing funds in 16-21 years olds isn't enough. If guys and their families don't see rugby as a real way of earning your life, there is little to do. We've got guys in France but once their espoirs contract expires we lose them. We've lost in the last couple of years the captains of both XV (Jesús Recuerda) and 7s (Ángel López) teams because of their job commitments. Even good guys born and bred in Spain often reject offers from abroad to stay here and study.

And let's not forget that even if we professionalised Spanish league, it will always be much cheaper to hire players from Pacific Islands and Argentina than investing in your youngsters and risking to see your 'investment' focus on studying. It's pretty easy to find second-tier and even third-tier teams with six or seven professional players, all of them from abroad.

National Flag:
WalesWales

Postby JamesWales » Tue, 07 Nov 2017, 17:02

Has there ever been much serious discussion about some Spanish teams joining the French league? You can imagine a team in San Sebastian, Bilbao or Barcelona might attract enough commercial interest to warrant it?

Personally, I'd favour an Iberian league in it's own right.

National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Postby sk 88 » Tue, 07 Nov 2017, 19:10

Armchair Fan wrote:The problem is that investing funds in 16-21 years olds isn't enough. If guys and their families don't see rugby as a real way of earning your life, there is little to do. We've got guys in France but once their espoirs contract expires we lose them. We've lost in the last couple of years the captains of both XV (Jesús Recuerda) and 7s (Ángel López) teams because of their job commitments. Even good guys born and bred in Spain often reject offers from abroad to stay here and study.

And let's not forget that even if we professionalised Spanish league, it will always be much cheaper to hire players from Pacific Islands and Argentina than investing in your youngsters and risking to see your 'investment' focus on studying. It's pretty easy to find second-tier and even third-tier teams with six or seven professional players, all of them from abroad.

Yes I understand that, the challenge is getting players into that higher level where the money is good enough to delay the rest of your life, the second tier in England faces similar problems as many good players in their late 20s would rather play Nat 1 or lower and get started on their real careers. I would think most people would accept €35k in their early to mid-20s, that is above the average wage for most of Spain. Looking at the levels of Frenchmen picked if Spain has domestic players as good as David Mele then surely that's more money than most people in a proper job? He would have been on c.£100k when he was at Tigers and left here for Toulouse where I can't imagine he took a pay cut!

Remember we're in a hypothetical post-RWC qualification world here where Spanish players would be that bit better known.

But basically I agree with you. A modern Oriol Ripol going pro in England and leading a mini-charge of Spanish players making a proper career in England and France is what will push Spain onto the next level.

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Tue, 07 Nov 2017, 20:28

Article in English about Marbella, one of the best academies in Spain and with ambitions to professionalise. They were promoted to División de Honor B a couple of years ago and are now contenders for promotion play-off: http://www.surinenglish.com/sport/20171 ... 403-v.html

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Tue, 07 Nov 2017, 20:32

sk 88 wrote:Looking at the levels of Frenchmen picked if Spain has domestic players as good as David Mele then surely that's more money than most people in a proper job? He would have been on c.£100k when he was at Tigers and left here for Toulouse where I can't imagine he took a pay cut!

They aren't obviously as good as David Melé, but we've got a few fly-halves and scrum-halves younger than 22 that have played international rugby for Spain: Munilla bros, Juan Ramos... And Alvar Gimeno (19) even was recycled into 12 because he's very good but obviously can't match Bélie. Gimeno was said to have received offers from France and Romania this Summer, but prefered to move to Valladolid so he could keep studying...

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Wed, 08 Nov 2017, 17:13

As expected, there are changes in the squad called for the test match against Canada. We've got 26 names and two TBA, probably in front and back row:

Front Row
Beñat Auzqui (Grenoble, ProD2)
Fernando López (Ordizia, Liga Heineken)
Marco Pinto (Béziers, ProD2)
Jesús Moreno (Provence, Fédérale 1 Elite)
Jonathan García (Nevers, ProD2)

Locks & Back Row
Kalo Kalo Gavidi (VRAC, Liga Heineken)
David Barrera (Bourg-en-Bresse, Fédérale 1 Elite)
Matt Foulds (El Salvador, Liga Heineken)
Lucas Guillaume (Narbonne, ProD2)
Gautier Gibouin (Nevers, ProD2)
Thibaut Visensang (Tyrosse, Fédérale 1)
Fred Quercy (Nevers, Pro D2)
Pierre Barthere (Rouen, Fédérale 1 Elite)

Scrum-half
Guillaume Rouet (Bayonne, ProD2)
Sébastien Rouet (Narbonne, ProD2)

Fly-half & Centre
Mathieu Bélie (Nevers, ProD2)
Alvar Gimeno (VRAC, Liga Heineken)
Dan Snee (Hawke's Bay, Mitre 10)
Thibaut Álvarez (Aubenas, Fédérale 1 Élite)
Fabien Perrin (Bourg-en-Bresse, Fédérale 1 Élite)

Wing & Fullback
Ignacio Contardi (Niort, Fédérale 1)
Sébastien Ascarat (Montauban, ProD2)
Bastien Fuster (Bayonne, ProD2)
Julen Goia (Ordizia, Liga Heineken)
Brad Linklater (Alcobendas, Liga Heineken)
Joan Losada (Barça, Liga Heineken)

National Flag:
MacauMacau

Postby olivier » Wed, 08 Nov 2017, 18:06

Not a lot of changes. David Melé and Federico Catiglioni are out injured. Replaced by Julen Goia and Bastien Fuster from Bayonne. Jean Baptiste Custoja and Javier Carrión didn't make the cut. Joan Losada is called to learn from the squad.

National Flag:
ArgentinaArgentina

Postby carbonero » Wed, 08 Nov 2017, 18:29

I’m going to jinx it but that squad plus Malie, Mele and Ruiz could beat both Romania and Russia.

Your federation still sucks though. That Romania game should have been in Valladolid

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Wed, 08 Nov 2017, 18:46

I agree... But money talks as always. At least Central has gone through small aesthetical changes. New grass laid that hasn't been touched by anybody in two months and white paint over all grandstands. It should look OK next week...

National Flag:
MacauMacau

Postby olivier » Wed, 08 Nov 2017, 18:51

Armchair Fan wrote:I agree... But money talks as always. At least Central has gone through small aesthetical changes. New grass laid that hasn't been touched by anybody in two months and white paint over all grandstands. It should look OK next week...

Is FER owner of Central ?

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Wed, 08 Nov 2017, 19:04

No, it's the university, but they have a deal to use it as they want until 2021 or 2022. The problem isn't that, it's a protected building. We're awaiting the construction of new Vallehermoso athletics stadium (10,000 seater in Madrid city centre), because it seems they could lend it to FER for two games every year. It should be finished by late 2018:

National Flag:
ArgentinaArgentina

Postby carbonero » Wed, 08 Nov 2017, 20:32

Armchair Fan wrote:I agree... But money talks as always

I know the FER is still in debt so they are in risk-averse mode. Still, try at least to open some sort of public tender to gauge the interest of clubs, provinces, municipalities, private ventures, etc. There should be more profitable options available than playing in the Central.

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Wed, 08 Nov 2017, 22:53

The system you suggest already exists... but FER only implements it for the games it considers least profitable. Have a look to local games away from Madrid under current management: Chile in Torrelavega, Uruguay in Málaga, Georgia in Medina del Campo, England Counties in Guadalajara, Brazil in La Vila. OK, Uruguay and Georgia aren't bad rivals, but Uruguay game happened the week after Tonga (so it would have attracted less interest in Madrid) and Georgia didn't count towards RWC qualifying process. By the way, Valladolid clubs tendered to host that game but in Pepe Rojo, not Zorrilla, and FER prefered the more lucrative offer from Medina del Campo (50 km away from Valladolid). In Valladolid they took that as an act of war and even some talked about boycotting the event.

They only move games from Madrid if a local promoter pays for both teams expenses plus a fee. And it isn't allowed to find sponsors in competition to FER sponsors. That means spending 50-60,000€ to bring Spain national team. I can speak for Málaga game last year. It was a huge success for a city that hasn't see top-flight national rugby in decades, I doubt anybody could expect to see a full grandstand like that, but the local club, a mid-third tier team, can't afford to repeat the feat every year:

And Rugby Europe deadlines to confirm venues don't help either when Spain works for so many things at the 11th hour... I mean, my country isn't able to secure a venue for Copa del Rey final (soccer or rugby, it doesn't matter) before knowing finalists...

That's the reasoning behind why FER acts this way. Do I agree? Of course not. To me FER should make bigger efforts to reward places where rugby is blossoming. Almería town hall is renovating old football stadium to give it an exclusive rugby use. Burgos has a serious project to promote its team to Liga Heineken. Valencia has plenty of clubs. And there are cities around Valladolid like Palencia or Salamanca where football clubs have been struggling for a long time and see their stadiums underused...

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Thu, 09 Nov 2017, 12:26

After a small private chat with another forum member I've had a look to FER player database to see how many foreigners we've got in Spanish national leagues. It's hard because in some cases that database is outdated, some playes don't have any nationality declared and many South Americans have Spanish or another European passport, but I'd say we've got around 170 in top-tier. I've included players capped with Spain but with families from abroad. Maybe in another moment I'll count those from clubs in División de Honor B.

Argentina - 83
Spoiler:
Argentina
José Basso – VRAC Quesos Entrepinares (born in Argentina, Italian passport)
Tomás Carrió – VRAC Quesos Entrepinares
Federico Castiglioni – VRAC Quesos Entrepinares (capped with Spain)
Alex Gutiérrez Muller – VRAC Quesos Entrepinares (capped with Spain)
Guillermo Mateu – VRAC Quesos Entrepinares (Spanish passport)
Lucas Belgrano – FC Barcelona
Delfín Cambiaso – FC Barcelona (born in Argentina, Italian passport)
Juan Cruz – FC Barcelona
Martín García Veiga – FC Barcelona
Bautista Güemes – FC Barcelona
Felipe Martínez – FC Barcelona
Andrés Alvarado – SilverStorm El Salvador
Maximiliano Vega – SilverStorm El Salvador (Spanish passport)
Leandro Nicolás Wozniak – SilverStorm El Salvador
Juan Boccardo – Complutense Cisneros (played for Spain U19)
Sebastián Ghioni – Complutense Cisneros
Nicolás Giuditta – Complutense Cisneros
Sebastián Hattori – Complutense Cisneros (capped with Spain)
Tomás Munilla – Complutense Cisneros (capped with Spain)
Marcos Poggi – Complutense Cisneros (capped with Spain)
Manuel Sáinz-Trápaga – Complutense Cisneros (capped with Spain)
Martín Altamirano – Senor Independiente (born in Argentina, capped with Croatia)
Leonardo Bulacio – Senor Independiente
Joaquín Manuel Domínguez – Senor Independiente
Mariano García – Senor Independiente (capped with Spain)
David González – Senor Independiente
Germán Gabriel Gudiño – Senor Independiente
Francisco Guerrero – Senor Independiente
Juan Pablo Guido – Senor Independiente
Lucas Latronico – Senor Independiente (born in Argentina, Italian passport)
Luciano Leibson – Senor Independiente
Lautaro Lualdi – Senor Independiente
Mario Ottoño – Senor Independiente
Taiel Palmieri – Senor Independiente (Spanish passport)
Ignacio Poet – Senor Independiente
Agustín Schab – Senor Independiente
Joel María Soria – Senor Independiente
Juan Diego Zabalegui – Senor Independiente
Martín de la Arena – La Vila
Francis Errecaborde – La Vila
Matías Jara – La Vila
Rodrigo Lacoste – La Vila (Spanish passport)
Matías Lamboglia – La Vila
Luciano Rubén Martínez – La Vila
Patricio Orduña – La Vila
Andrés Pacheco – La Vila (played with Spain U19)
Federico Alejandro Pajaujis – La Vila
Gonzalo Pérez – La Vila
Juan Ignacio Pérez – La Vila
Lucas Poggi – La Vila (Spanish passport)
Leandro Nahuel Rivero – La Vila
Franco Nicolás Salice – La Vila
Leonardo Federico Samartano – La Vila
Tomás Gabriel Suárez – La Vila
Bruno René Villalba – La Vila
Óscar Raúl Viotti – La Vila
Gerónimo Alfredo Albertarrio – AMPO Ordizia
Valentín Cruz – AMPO Ordizia
Benjamín Davirón – AMPO Ordizia
Agustín Ricardo Delle – AMPO Ordizia (born in Argentina, Italian passport)
Juan Manuel Lescano – AMPO Ordizia
Fernando Martín López – AMPO Ordizia (capped with Spain)
Franco Anastasi – Sanitas Alcobendas (born in Argentina, Italian passport)
Federico Ángel – Sanitas Alcobendas
Facundo López – Sanitas Alcobendas (born in Argentina, Italian passport)
Iñaki Mateu – Sanitas Alcobendas (played with Spain U20)
Facundo Munilla – Sanitas Alcobendas (capped with Spain)
Santiago Ovejero – Sanitas Alcobendas
Pablo Pereyra – Sanitas Alcobendas
Facundo Pomponio – Sanitas Alcobendas
Iván Ramiro – Sanitas Alcobendas
Sebastián Joel Bertero – Getxo Artea
Germán Haeffeli – Getxo Artea
Nicolás Donato Pooli – Getxo Artea
Julio Speziali – Getxo Artea
Mateo Bast – Bizkaia Gernika
Facundo Epinal – Bizkaia Gernika
Juan Cruz Guzmán – Bizkaia Gernika
Nicolás Nahuel Jurado – Bizkaia Gernika
Federico Llanos – Bizkaia Gernika
Bruno Mercanti – Bizkaia Gernika
Francisco Luis Montes – Bizkaia Gernika
Bruno Postiglioni – Bizkaia Gernika

France - 19
Spoiler:
Mikel Bidegaray – Hernani
Adrien Alexandre Capdeville – Hernani
Luke Crouzat – Hernani
Louis Barbarit – FC Barcelona
Flavian Borel – FC Barcelona
Baptiste Bougeard – FC Barcelona (played with Spain U20)
Thomas Farge – FC Barcelona
Romain Orst – FC Barcelona
Hugo Pezet-Poux – FC Barcelona
Raphaël Blanco – SilverStorm El Salvador
Antoine Sánchez – SilverStorm El Salvador (capped with Spain)
Maxime Cauche – Complutense Cisneros
Romain Ducamp – Senor Independiente
Léo Bouin – La Vila
Pierre-Louis Lerin – Getxo Artea
Marvin Viallet – Getxo Artea
Jérémy Berger – UE Santboiana
Youri Vincent Petit – UE Santboiana
Hugo Pichot – UE Santboiana (played with Spain U20)

New Zealand - 14
Spoiler:
Jody Allen – VRAC Quesos Entrepinares
Leigh Thompson – VRAC Quesos Entrepinares
Chris Eaton – VRAC Quesos Entrepinares
Francis Auwerda – FC Barcelona
Matthew Bebe Smith – SilverStorm El Salvador
Samuel Barry McLernon – Complutense Cisneros
Joshua Fraser – Senor Indepediente
Mark Jackman – Senor Independiente
Brad Linklater – Sanitas Alcobendas (capped with Spain)
Hoani Matenga – Sanitas Alcobendas
Harry Fitzsimons – UE Santboiana
Brad Truesdale – UE Santboiana
Ethan Woodmass – UE Santboiana
Lionel Wiremu Skipwith – Bizkaia Gernika

England - 8
Spoiler:
Steve Barnes – VRAC Quesos Entrepinares (capped with Spain)
Gareth Griffiths – VRAC Quesos Entrepinares (capped with Spain)
Michael Hogg – FC Barcelona (born in Spain)
Johnathon Carter – SilverStorm El Salvador
Matthew Foulds – SilverStorm El Salvador (capped with Spain)
Thomas Pearce – SilverStorm El Salvador (capped with Spain)
Michael Walker-Fitton – SilverStorm El Salvador
Adam Newton – Sanitas Alcobendas (capped with Spain)

South Africa - 7
Spoiler:
John Wessel Bell – VRAC Quesos Entrepinares
Jakobus Ferdinand Horn – VRAC Quesos Entrepinares
Johannes Petrus Graaff – SilverStorm El Salvador
Hendri Christian Rust – SilverStorm El Salvador
Andrew Norton – Complutense Cisneros
Richard Stewart – Complutense Cisneros
Coert Frederick Cronje – AMPO Ordizia

Italy - 7
Spoiler:
José Basso – VRAC Quesos Entrepinares (born in Argentina, Italian passport)
Delfín Cambiaso – FC Barcelona (born in Argentina, Italian passport)
Lucas Latronico – Senor Independiente (born in Argentina, Italian passport)
Agustín Ricardo Delle – AMPO Ordizia (born in Argentina, Italian passport)
Franco Anastasi – Sanitas Alcobendas (born in Argentina, Italian passport)
Facundo López – Sanitas Alcobendas (born in Argentina, Italian passport)
Paolo Ragazzi – UE Santboiana

Chile - 5
Spoiler:
Francisco de la Fuente – FC Barcelona
Earving Velarde – FC Barcelona
Franco Velarde – FC Barcelona
Aldo Cornejo – Senor Independiente
Matías Cabrera – Sanitas Alcobendas

Australia - 3
Spoiler:
Nathan Paila – VRAC Quesos Entrepinares
Mannasseh Alaga – SilverStorm El Salvador
Shane Imo – Sanitas Alcobendas

Brazil - 3
Spoiler:
Daniel Stöhr – VRAC Quesos Entrepinares (German father, Brazilian mother, capped with Spain)
Leandro Castiglioni – FC Barcelona
Flávio da Costa – Sanitas Alcobendas

Morocco - 3
Spoiler:
Rochedi Mirabet – FC Barcelona (Spanish passport, played with Spain U20)
Abdelhakim Jebbari – AMPO Ordizia
Abdelafatth Es Saheb – Bizkaia Gernika

Samoa - 3
Spoiler:
Nuu Junior Nuu – SilverStorm El Salvador
Joe Samuelu Mamea – SilverStorm El Salvador
Afa Tauli – UE Santboiana (capped with Spain)

Portugal - 3
Spoiler:
Luis Cerquinho – Complutense Cisneros
José María de Alte – Complutense Cisneros
Francisco Domingues – Complutense Cisneros

Romania - 3
Spoiler:
Paul Nicolae Florea – Complutense Cisneros (Spanish passport)
Liviu Florentin Fertu – Sanitas Alcobendas
Silviu Mihai Pingica – Sanitas Alcobendas

Georgia - 3
Spoiler:
Lasha Philia – FC Barcelona
Nugo Shengelia – FC Barcelona
Amirani Chichua – UE Santboiana

Fiji - 2
Spoiler:
Kalo Kalo Gavidi – VRAC Quesos Entrepinares (capped with Spain)
Sireli Kacilala – SilverStorm El Salvador

Colombia - 2
Spoiler:
Christian Londoño – Sanitas Alcobendas
Mauricio Londoño – Sanitas Alcobendas (trained with Spain 7s)

Germany - 1
Spoiler:
Daniel Stöhr – VRAC Quesos Entrepinares (German father, Brazilian mother, capped with Spain)

Ukraine - 1
Spoiler:
Artion Kovalenko – FC Barcelona (Spanish passport)

Russia - 1
Spoiler:
Mikhail Ushkov – FC Barcelona

Croatia - 1
Spoiler:
Martín Altamirano – Senor Independiente (born in Argentina, capped with Croatia)

Cameroon - 1
Spoiler:
Thierry Feuteu – Sanitas Alcobendas

Peru - 1
Spoiler:
Carlos Zavala – Bizkaia Gernika

No nationality assigned - 3
Spoiler:
José Alcídes – FC Barcelona (Argentina?)
Jonathan Davies – Complutense Cisneros
Matthew Caffrey – Getxo Artea

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Thu, 09 Nov 2017, 19:23

Spain has a main sponsor for its shirt, Italian insurance company Generali (whose logo is a lion, like FER has). Alfonso Feijóo confirmed it in an article talking about how FER is beginning to attract big companies: https://cincodias.elpais.com/cincodias/ ... 39202.html

Fermín de la Calle, a journalist always critical towards FER whoever is there (yeah, I admire that ability to always be the opposition whatever happens) probably didn't like it and hours later responded with an article saying other big companies have been scared by the fact league isn't professional and clubs aren't able to unite under a clubs association: https://www.revista22.es/2017/11/las-mu ... o-paraiso/

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Sun, 12 Nov 2017, 10:55

Liga Heineken - Week 8 - Live streaming and full games

Saturday 16:30 CET - Getxo v Complutense Cisneros

Saturday 17:00 CET - SilverStorm El Salvador v Hernani

Sunday 12:00 CET - Senor Independiente v Bizkaia Gernika

Sunday 12:00 CET - Santboiana v FC Barcelona (may be geoblocked)
http://www.ccma.cat/tv3/directe/esport3/

Sunday 12:30 CET - Sanitas Alcobendas v La Vila

Sunday 12:30 CET - AMPO Ordizia v VRAC Quesos Entrepinares (may be geoblocked)

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Mon, 13 Nov 2017, 19:09

We don't even have a final squad for the test against Canada and we've got already at least 5 changes from the draft list FER published two weeks ago according to Revista Veintidós:

Front Row
Beñat Auzqui (Grenoble, ProD2)
Fernando López (Ordizia, Liga Heineken)
Marco Pinto (Béziers, ProD2)
Jesús Moreno (Provence, Fédérale 1 Elite)
Jonathan García (Nevers, ProD2)
Juan Anaya (Alcobendas, Liga Heineken)

Locks & Back Row
Kalo Kalo Gavidi (VRAC, Liga Heineken)
David Barrera (Bourg-en-Bresse, Fédérale 1 Elite)
Matt Foulds (El Salvador, Liga Heineken)
Lucas Guillaume (Narbonne, ProD2)
Gautier Gibouin (Nevers, ProD2)
Thibaut Visensang (Tyrosse, Fédérale 1)
Fred Quercy (Nevers, Pro D2)
Pierre Barthere (Rouen, Fédérale 1 Elite)
Victor Sánchez (El Salvador, Liga Heineken)

Scrum-half
Guillaume Rouet (Bayonne, ProD2)
Sébastien Rouet (Narbonne, ProD2)

Fly-half & Centre
Mathieu Bélie (Nevers, ProD2)
Alvar Gimeno (VRAC, Liga Heineken)
Dan Snee (Hawke's Bay, Mitre 10)
Thibaut Álvarez (Aubenas, Fédérale 1 Élite)
Fabien Perrin (Bourg-en-Bresse, Fédérale 1 Élite)
Raphaël Blanco (El Salvador, Liga Heineken)
Iñaki Mateu (Alcobendas, Liga Heineken)

Wing & Fullback
Ignacio Contardi (Niort, Fédérale 1)
Sébastien Ascarat (Montauban, ProD2)
Brad Linklater (Alcobendas, Liga Heineken)
Joan Losada (Barça, Liga Heineken)

OUT: Custoja, Mélé, Goia, Fuster, Castiglioni
IN: Anaya, Blanco, Sánchez, Mateu, Losada

Anyway there is people there not expected to play against Canada, for example Joan Losada citing work conflict. I would say we only have two wings and a single fullback for that game. And with six front-rowers and two scrum-halves it's pretty safe to guess at least 11 out of 23.

National Flag:
MacauMacau

Postby olivier » Tue, 14 Nov 2017, 08:04

These changes were already announced last week. Will you stop to say bad things about your team ?

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum