Thu, 13 Sep 2018, 21:24
Thu, 13 Sep 2018, 22:09
Thu, 13 Sep 2018, 23:16
Fri, 14 Sep 2018, 10:57
Fri, 14 Sep 2018, 13:22
Armchair Fan wrote:Most Samoan players are already in Europe.
Liga Heineken 2018-2019 starts this weekend and it does it with a few interesting clashes, like VRAC Quesos Entrepinares-SilverStorm El Salvador or UBU Colina Clinic-Sanitas Alcobendas.
Presentation was held at LaLiga HQ, but Alfonso Feijóo stole the show with a pretty reasonable statement that caused a stir in Valladolid and provoked their mayor's response: that he hopes somebody can beat Valladolid clubs, since it would be the best possible news for Spanish rugby.
Fri, 14 Sep 2018, 14:55
Fri, 14 Sep 2018, 17:46
Tobar wrote:I don’t really understand the reasoning of flying to Spain for a game like this. It reduces the travel if they’re staying in Europe (USA is, I assume Samoa is too) but then Samoa could’ve flown somewhere in the US then go to Europe. It would’ve saved the US some money putting up their players somewhere.
I remember the Romania game had very few people show up. The US just isn’t a draw for neutral fans in Spain.
Fri, 14 Sep 2018, 21:00
Armchair Fan wrote:But which USA-Romania are you mentioning? The game previously played in San Sebastián was USA-Tonga and gathered a crowd of 13,000...
Fri, 14 Sep 2018, 21:09
Fri, 14 Sep 2018, 21:32
Armchair Fan wrote:At that time Anoeta could host 32,500.
Wikipedia may say it's now less because it's being renovated and one end is still under construction. Final capacity will be 42,000 and once achieved they expect to host there some Tier 1 test match. They dream of a France v SH nation game.
Sat, 15 Sep 2018, 14:17
Sun, 16 Sep 2018, 09:49
Sun, 16 Sep 2018, 18:09
Sun, 16 Sep 2018, 19:23
Mon, 17 Sep 2018, 09:13
Mon, 17 Sep 2018, 12:30
Mon, 17 Sep 2018, 13:00
Mon, 17 Sep 2018, 14:17
Fri, 21 Sep 2018, 09:40
Fri, 21 Sep 2018, 12:15
Armchair Fan wrote:Spanish squad for a short training camp next week:
- Ignacio Contardi (Aldro Independiente)
- Nacho Poet (Aldro Independiente)
- Manu Mora (Aldro Independiente)
- Ien Ascroft-Leigh (UBU-Colina Clinic)
- Emiliano Calle (UBU-Colina Clinic)
- Vicente del Hoyo (SilverStorm El Salvador)
- Matt Foulds (SilverStorm El Salvador)
- Tom Pearce (SilverStorm El Salvador)
- Víctor Sánchez (SilverStorm El Salvador)
- Leandro Wozniak (SilverStorm El Salvador)
- Michael Walker-Fitton (SilverStorm El Salvador)
- Alberto Blanco (VRAC Quesos Entrepinares)
- Alvar Gimeno (VRAC Quesos Entrepinares)
- Guillermo Mateu (VRAC Quesos Entrepinares)
- Michael Hogg (FC Barcelona)
- Afa Tauli (UE Sanboiana)
- Facu Munilla (Sanitas Alcobendas)
- Guillermo Domínguez (Complutense Cisneros)
- Richard Steward (Complutense Cisneros)
- Fernando López (Ampo Ordizia)
- Julen Goia (Ampo Ordizia)
- Ángel Durango (Saint Médard, Fédérale 1)
- Beñat Auzqui (Tyrosse, Fédérale 1)
- Gérard Aubanell (Villeurbanne, Fédérale 1)
- Romain Asensi (La Seyne, Fédérale 1)
- Lucas Guillaume (no club)
- Andrea Rábago (Dijon, Fédérale 1)
- Hugo Alonso (Rodez, Fédérale 1)
- Lucas Levy (Berre, Fédérale 2)
- Julien Jardel (Bergerac, Fédérale 1)
- Jordi Jorba (USAP, Espoirs)
- Joshua Peters (Cambridge, National League 1)
32 players. 22 born abroad. I really expected a bigger number of Spanish-born guys, even though some of the 'foreigners' grew up here or have been involved with Spain U18 and U20 sides: Calle, Munilla, Hogg, Rábago, Peters, Mateu... It speaks volumes about the amount of foreigners Liga Heineken has, Santi Santos can't even call enough Spanish youngsters since they don't play in the local leagye. Still, I miss some of them...
Anyway, there are quite a few from 2016 U20 Trophy in the squad. Great to see Jorba back after a nasty injury that left him out last season.
Fri, 21 Sep 2018, 12:37
Fri, 21 Sep 2018, 18:38
Sat, 22 Sep 2018, 14:54
Sun, 23 Sep 2018, 09:27
Sun, 23 Sep 2018, 12:15