Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Georgia (Lelos)

Online
Posts: 1146
Joined: Mon, 21 Apr 2014, 08:23
National Flag:
FranceFrance

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby beber » Sat, 11 Jan 2020, 21:20

Scoob wrote:Just wondering what sort of team Georgia will put up in there upcoming games against Romania and co.
Rumour has it they will not be playing there world cup french contingent.
Number players injured also including Gogichashvili,Modebadze,Sharikadze,Tabutsadze.
Retired players Kacharava,Nemsadze,
Veterans like Malughuradze,Dzagnidze maybe had there day.

So i am picking
Props Melikidze,Tabitdze,Aseishvili.Azariashvili
Hookers. Mamukhashvili,Karkadze
locks Jaiani,Cheishvili,Babunashvili
loosies Jalaghonia,Sutiashvili,Lomidze,Iashigashvili,Gachechiladze
halfback Aprasidze,
first five Abzhandadze,Modzebrishvili
centres Kvesiladze,Koshadze,Tapladze,
back 3 Matiashvili,Meskhi,Sichinava,Kokhadze,Babunashvili

Something like that as a rough guess. I like the look of youngsters Tapladze and Kokhadze.

Lyon have only 2 hookers fit currently,so cant see Alkhazashvili playing.


I would like to see Zhvania again with Georgia jersey now that Haig is not here anymore. Also, are Kaulashvili dreams over (he wanted to play for France) ?
Alkhazashvili looks to be back in shape, but as you said, Lyon is a bit short at hooker.
Like you I want to see Jaiani having a shot with national team. He was called up with Georgia extented squad to prepare RWC as developping player. Cheishvili just played his first game with his new team (London Scottish) less than a month ago. I would leave him with his club. Javakhia can be in the squad IMO. What about Davit Gigauri ? He left Colomiers at the end of his contract (medical cover), but no news since. He played some decent games for Georgia... Hope that Mikautadze will be included as Georgia is short at lock...
Ok with the backrow, I'll just swap Lomidze for Nikoloz Sukhashvili who was impressive in Russia past season and proved this season in Challenge Cup that he is a decent player . Is Saghinadze injured ?
Aprasidze + Lobzhanidze at scrumhalf. A new scrumhalf in the squad? Alania? Bujiashvili? Brodzeli?
Ok with flyhalves and centres, though, I'd add Mchedlidze, he looks to be in a better shape at the moment
Interesting back-three, Matiashvili and Meskhi to be in obviously! A spot for Giorgi Gogoladze? he plays in ProD2 this season with Aurillac.

Posts: 30
Joined: Mon, 01 Jul 2019, 00:26
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby LukasMc » Mon, 13 Jan 2020, 21:20

So rumours at this stage. But shalva Mamukashvili is possibly joining Toulon

Posts: 127
Joined: Fri, 06 Jan 2017, 23:28
National Flag:
IsraelIsrael

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby ZUKER » Tue, 14 Jan 2020, 10:44

LukasMc wrote:So rumours at this stage. But shalva Mamukashvili is possibly joining Toulon

It was always impress how this qualified hooker has no TOP-contract. Last WC he was definetely better than Bregvadze but did not deserve the contract

Posts: 30
Joined: Mon, 01 Jul 2019, 00:26
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby LukasMc » Tue, 14 Jan 2020, 12:11

The u20 WC pools have been announced.
Georgia are in with Australia (29 th June) Wales (4th July) and New Zealand (9th July).
Personally I believe we have a good chance against Australia and Wales :-)

Online
Posts: 1146
Joined: Mon, 21 Apr 2014, 08:23
National Flag:
FranceFrance

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby beber » Thu, 16 Jan 2020, 19:49

Image

1- Zurab Eristavi (Batumi)
2- Beka Mamrikishvili (Batumi)
3- Anton Peikrishvili (captain) - 27 caps
4- Mikheil Babunashvili (Aia Kutaisi)
5- Sandro Koiava (Batumi)
6- Guram Shengelia (Aia Kutaisi) - 2 caps
7- Dachi Kopadze (Jiki Gori)
8- Vano Putkaradze (Batumi)
9- Vazha Khutsishvili (Kharebi Rustavi) - 24 caps
10- Revaz Jinchvelashvili (Jiki Gori) - 8 caps
11- Nika Gigauri (Armazi Marneuli)
12- Giorgi Natelashvili (Kharebi Rustavi)
13- Guram Kandaurashvili (Batumi)
14- Anzor Sichinava (Batumi) - 9 caps
15- Irakli Svanidze (Jiki Gori) - 3 caps

Jaguares
Image

Almost Argentina full squad. Not sure that it was a really good idea to travel without domestic RWC players. Guys like Kveseladze, Tkhilaishvili, Matiashvili or Mamukashvili would have strengh the team

Posts: 160
Joined: Wed, 18 Jun 2014, 08:03
National Flag:
Pitcairn IslandPitcairn Island

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby Adamstown 7's » Fri, 17 Jan 2020, 11:31

Any streams for the game tomorrow? :)

Posts: 390
Joined: Tue, 14 Apr 2015, 19:19
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby tryman » Fri, 17 Jan 2020, 13:40

Oh dear god keeping the score within 50 will be good going for Georgia.

Posts: 1657
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2014, 18:27
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby GeoRugby » Fri, 17 Jan 2020, 13:51

tryman wrote:Oh dear god keeping the score within 50 will be good going for Georgia.


Going to be tough.

Online
Posts: 1146
Joined: Mon, 21 Apr 2014, 08:23
National Flag:
FranceFrance

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby beber » Fri, 17 Jan 2020, 15:26

GEORGIA EXTENTED SQUAD

Loosehead Prop

Mikheil Nariashvili (Montpellier/FRA)
Guram Gogichashvili (Racing92/FRA)
Giorgi Tetrashvili (Agen/FRA)

Hooker
Shalva Mamukashvili (Kochebi Bolnisi)
Vano Karkadze (Brive/FRA)
Giorgi Chkoidze (Lokomotive Penza/RUS)

Tighthead Prop
Levan Chilachava (Montpellier/FRA)
Beka Gigashvili (Toulon/FRA)
Giorgi Melikidze (Stade Français/FRA)

Lock
Konstantin Mikautadze (Montpellier/FRA)
Nodar Cheishvili (London Scottish/ENG)
Shalva Sutiashvili (Soyaux-Angoulême/FRA)
Davit Gigauri (Colomiers/FRA)
Lasha Jaiani (University of Exeter/ENG)

Backrow
Beka Gorgadze (Bordeaux-Bègles/FRA)
Beka Saghinadze (Aurillac/FRA)
Giorgi Tsutskiridze (Aurillac/FRA)
Otar Giorgadze (Brive/FRA)
Mikheil Gachechiladze (Enisei-STM/RUS)
Giorgi Tkhilaishvili (Batumi)

Scrumhalf
Vasil Lobzhanidze (Brive/FRA)
Gela Aprasidze (Montpellier/FRA)
Giorgi Begadze (Jiki Gori)

Flyhalf
Lasha Khmaladze (Batumi)
Tedo Abzhandadze (Brive/FRA)
Lasha Malaguradze (VVA-Podmoskovye/RUS)

Centre
Giorgi Kveseladze (Jiki Gori)
Davit Kacharava (Enisei-STM/RUS)
Tamaz Mchedlidze (Rouen/FRA)
Demur Tapladze (Lelo Saracens)

Back-three
Zurab Dzneladze (Locomotive Tbilisi)
Alexander Todua (Batumi)
Mirian Modebadze (Aia Kutaisi)
Soso Matiashvili (Lelo Saracens)


French scrum specialist Alexandre Castola (former Clermont and Stade Français hooker) is also joining the staff

Online
Posts: 1146
Joined: Mon, 21 Apr 2014, 08:23
National Flag:
FranceFrance

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby beber » Fri, 17 Jan 2020, 15:40

beber wrote:
1- Zurab Eristavi (Batumi)
2- Beka Mamrikishvili (Batumi)
3- Anton Peikrishvili (captain) - 27 caps
4- Mikheil Babunashvili (Aia Kutaisi)
5- Sandro Koiava (Batumi)
6- Guram Shengelia (Aia Kutaisi) - 2 caps
7- Dachi Kopadze (Jiki Gori)
8- Vano Putkaradze (Batumi)
9- Vazha Khutsishvili (Kharebi Rustavi) - 24 caps
10- Revaz Jinchvelashvili (Jiki Gori) - 8 caps
11- Nika Gigauri (Armazi Marneuli)
12- Giorgi Natelashvili (Kharebi Rustavi)
13- Guram Kandaurashvili (Batumi)
14- Anzor Sichinava (Batumi) - 9 caps
15- Irakli Svanidze (Jiki Gori) - 3 caps

Jaguares
Image

Almost Argentina full squad. Not sure that it was a really good idea to travel without domestic RWC players. Guys like Kveseladze, Tkhilaishvili, Matiashvili or Mamukashvili would have strengh the team


Jaguares starting XV
1- Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro - 58 caps
2- Agustin Creevy - 89 caps
3- Santiago Medrano - 18 caps
4- Guido Petti - 53 caps
5- Matias Alemmano - 61 caps
6- Marcos Kremer - 28 caps
7- Francisco Gorrisen
8- Tomas Lezana - 38 caps
9- Tomas Cubelli - 75 caps
10- Joaquin Diaz Bonilla - 4 caps
11- Santiago Carreras - 5 caps
12- Juan Cruz Mallia - 5 caps
13- Matias Moroni - 47 caps
14- Bautista Delguy - 14 caps
15- Emiliano Boffelli - 28 caps


Code: Select all
                                 JAGUARES             GEORGIA XV
CAPPED PLAYERS             14                           6
TOTAL CAPS                   523                         73
RWC PLAYERS                 13                            0
 

Posts: 1657
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2014, 18:27
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby GeoRugby » Fri, 17 Jan 2020, 17:33

beber wrote:GEORGIA EXTENTED SQUAD

Loosehead Prop

Mikheil Nariashvili (Montpellier/FRA)
Guram Gogichashvili (Racing92/FRA)
Giorgi Tetrashvili (Agen/FRA)

Hooker
Shalva Mamukashvili (Kochebi Bolnisi)
Vano Karkadze (Brive/FRA)
Giorgi Chkoidze (Lokomotive Penza/RUS)

Tighthead Prop
Levan Chilachava (Montpellier/FRA)
Beka Gigashvili (Toulon/FRA)
Giorgi Melikidze (Stade Français/FRA)

Lock
Konstantin Mikautadze (Montpellier/FRA)
Nodar Cheishvili (London Scottish/ENG)
Shalva Sutiashvili (Soyaux-Angoulême/FRA)
Davit Gigauri (Colomiers/FRA)
Lasha Jaiani (University of Exeter/ENG)

Backrow
Beka Gorgadze (Bordeaux-Bègles/FRA)
Beka Saghinadze (Aurillac/FRA)
Giorgi Tsutskiridze (Aurillac/FRA)
Otar Giorgadze (Brive/FRA)
Mikheil Gachechiladze (Enisei-STM/RUS)
Giorgi Tkhilaishvili (Batumi)

Scrumhalf
Vasil Lobzhanidze (Brive/FRA)
Gela Aprasidze (Montpellier/FRA)
Giorgi Begadze (Jiki Gori)

Flyhalf
Lasha Khmaladze (Batumi)
Tedo Abzhandadze (Brive/FRA)
Lasha Malaguradze (VVA-Podmoskovye/RUS)

Centre
Giorgi Kveseladze (Jiki Gori)
Davit Kacharava (Enisei-STM/RUS)
Tamaz Mchedlidze (Rouen/FRA)
Demur Tapladze (Lelo Saracens)

Back-three
Zurab Dzneladze (Locomotive Tbilisi)
Alexander Todua (Batumi)
Mirian Modebadze (Aia Kutaisi)
Soso Matiashvili (Lelo Saracens)


French scrum specialist Alexandre Castola (former Clermont and Stade Français hooker) is also joining the staff

Very surprising with so much experience included. Maisashvili said he just doesn't have time to experiment much, due to him being there only for REC. I hope to see Jaiani and Gachechiladze get an opportunity to play.

Posts: 616
Joined: Wed, 11 Jun 2014, 07:45
National Flag:
ArgentinaArgentina

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby carbonero » Fri, 17 Jan 2020, 20:22

There will be a stream outside of Latin America > https://www.espn.com.ar/rugby/nota/_/id ... georgia-xv

Posts: 3945
Joined: Tue, 06 Oct 2015, 22:54
National Flag:
SpainSpain

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby Armchair Fan » Sat, 18 Jan 2020, 00:49

HT 31-3

I'm not sure if this is Georgia XV or Georgia from 12, 15 years ago. It's not even about the gap in professionalism, a large defeat is logical, it's just that you don't see any interesting gameplan apart from winning scrums and losing the ball in the following lineout or constant pick-and-go leading to territorial loss. It's the same good old Lelos: a pack and a kicker.

User avatar
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu, 26 Jun 2014, 05:56
Location: Zemo Vera, Tbilissi, GEORGIA

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Sat, 18 Jan 2020, 10:51

Image

Confirmed on Fri 17/01

GEO-ROM @ Tbilisi, Didube, Dinamo Arena
R1: Sat 01/02_2020 @ 18.00 GET = 15.00 CET

:::

Posts: 460
Joined: Sun, 19 Feb 2017, 18:10
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby BigG » Sat, 18 Jan 2020, 10:52

Jaguares vs Georgia 15 66-3. Georgia's performance was disastrous.

Posts: 144
Joined: Thu, 12 Dec 2019, 21:26
National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby Chester-Donnelly » Sat, 18 Jan 2020, 12:35

Tier 1 vs tier 2. This is the difference. Georgia XV vs a SLAR team would be interesting.

Posts: 30
Joined: Mon, 01 Jul 2019, 00:26
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby LukasMc » Sat, 18 Jan 2020, 13:35

I have to say I'm pretty disappointed by the squad selection for the European championship. After such a disastrous WC I'd think depth (especially lock, flyhalf, fullback and speedy wings) and competition for spots would be the plan.
I'd have loved to see the coaches/selectors do what France did and pick a whole bunch of youngsters, no offence to the other teams but we should easily win this competition again this year! You'd have to think that a few of the guys picked won't be in France in 2023 (yes we need to think that far ahead).
This is my squad (and I know not everyone will agree):

Prop: Zhvania, Neparidze, Mataradze, Japaridze, Tevdorashvili, Azariashvili.
Hookers: Karkadze, Mamrikishvili.
Locks: Koiava, Javakhia, Jalani, Saghinadze, Iashagashvili.
Flanks: Tsutskiridze, Giorgadze, Bitsadze, Gachechiladze, Tkhilaishvili.
Scrumhalf: Lobzhanidze, Alania.
Flyhalf: Modzghvrishvili, Babunashvili.
Centres: Malaghuradze, Kveseladze, Koshadze, Tapladze.
Back 3: Matiashvili, Miriam, Svanidze, Meskhi, Lashkhi, Kavtaradze.

We NEED to blood youngsters!!

Posts: 1657
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2014, 18:27
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby GeoRugby » Sat, 18 Jan 2020, 13:50

LukasMc wrote:I have to say I'm pretty disappointed by the squad selection for the European championship. After such a disastrous WC I'd think depth (especially lock, flyhalf, fullback and speedy wings) and competition for spots would be the plan.
I'd have loved to see the coaches/selectors do what France did and pick a whole bunch of youngsters, no offence to the other teams but we should easily win this competition again this year! You'd have to think that a few of the guys picked won't be in France in 2023 (yes we need to think that far ahead).
This is my squad (and I know not everyone will agree):

Prop: Zhvania, Neparidze, Mataradze, Japaridze, Tevdorashvili, Azariashvili.
Hookers: Karkadze, Mamrikishvili.
Locks: Koiava, Javakhia, Jalani, Saghinadze, Iashagashvili.
Flanks: Tsutskiridze, Giorgadze, Bitsadze, Gachechiladze, Tkhilaishvili.
Scrumhalf: Lobzhanidze, Alania.
Flyhalf: Modzghvrishvili, Babunashvili.
Centres: Malaghuradze, Kveseladze, Koshadze, Tapladze.
Back 3: Matiashvili, Miriam, Svanidze, Meskhi, Lashkhi, Kavtaradze.

We NEED to blood youngsters!!


The problem is that Georgia should have a "permanent coach by now" instead of temporary one. That is GRU' big mistake. As far as easily winning competition this year, I'm not so sure. Even with strongest team, away games in Spain are always tense and unpredictable if Spain have their French based players.

Online
Posts: 1146
Joined: Mon, 21 Apr 2014, 08:23
National Flag:
FranceFrance

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby beber » Sat, 18 Jan 2020, 14:02

Chester-Donnelly wrote:Tier 1 vs tier 2. This is the difference. Georgia XV vs a SLAR team would be interesting.


More like Tier1 full team against Tier2 third or fourth team. Georgia played without their 34 men squad who is training for REC, and without any abroad pro. In addition to the 34 men I put a 23 men squad much stronger than the one who faced Jaguars yesturday: Zhvania-Bregvadze-Kaulashvili(Kakovin-Alkhazashvili-Kubriashvili);Lomidze-Javakhia(Bitsadze);Jalagonia-Sukhashvili-Iashagashvili(Sordia);Alania-Lomidze(Kemoklidze);Pruidze-Sharikadze-Koshadze-Meskhi(Gogoladze-Jgerenaia);Tsiklauri

I agree, the gap is too big, a great experience for the travelling squad, but a game against Los Ceibos or another SLAR team could be a lot more balanced

Posts: 3945
Joined: Tue, 06 Oct 2015, 22:54
National Flag:
SpainSpain

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby Armchair Fan » Sat, 18 Jan 2020, 16:51

GeoRugby wrote:The problem is that Georgia should have a "permanent coach by now" instead of temporary one. That is GRU' big mistake. As far as easily winning competition this year, I'm not so sure. Even with strongest team, away games in Spain are always tense and unpredictable if Spain have their French based players.

Spain may win in Madrid but I very much doubt we will win all games. In fact I'd say a couple of defeats in this REC wouldn't do us any harm.

Posts: 124
Joined: Wed, 20 Jun 2018, 10:15
National Flag:
WalesWales

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby welshdragon2000 » Sat, 18 Jan 2020, 17:58

Surely you would want to win every game to look like an attractive option for players like Ezeala? Beating Georgia would certainly turn heads, hopefully the heads of the Spanish qualified players in France who are yet to decide where to play their international rugby.

Posts: 3945
Joined: Tue, 06 Oct 2015, 22:54
National Flag:
SpainSpain

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby Armchair Fan » Sat, 18 Jan 2020, 18:16

Of course I'd want to win every game and become world champions. But let's be realistic. Losing a couple REC games to avoid overconfidence before qualifiers wouldn't hurt us that much and would be the most logical outcome if you watch historical results v Russia, Georgia and Romania. Winning any of them clearly would already be a step forward.

Posts: 279
Joined: Sat, 03 May 2014, 00:22
National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby Scoob » Sat, 18 Jan 2020, 19:46

Beber -who is Jgerenaia? Does he play in France,and presume outside back.
Kemoklidze is outside back in Italy i think? How has he been going this season?
Its a massive shame that Sandro Svanidze young career has been descimated by injuries. He looked the real deal at Junior level and first season at Armazi.
The Georgian XV were just not used to playing the game at that speed,and shows the difference between super rugby team and amateur based team.

I honestly think the under 20 Georgia team could almost beat the Georgian XV.
There is some super talent there this year,and i think they have a real chance against Wales and Australia in pool play. They played really well when sth africa toured end of last year,and that was with there first choice pack and some of backline still in France.
The backline is best of have seen in years with skill and pace. This is where opposition has always had advantage over Georgia. I cant see this happening this year.
Davit Niniashvili at fullback is seriously good. You just need to look at his 7s and was near top try scorer for club last season.
Temur Kokhadze i have great hope for.Descent pace,very good defensively,strong in the tackle.
Demur Tapladze who just made national team,i like very much. For a big guy who moves really fast. Look at under 20 team try against sth africa last year. Does everything you want from a centre.
Lasha Lomidze Tapladze twin as they been inseperable through age grade rugby.
Zurab Kavtaradze. very powerful strong winger. Perhaps lacks yard of pace for outright winger,know doubt about his talent though.
Dachi Papunashvili Youngest player from a Georgian back member to be snapped up by a French club. Needs to find true position,which first five is probably best.
Mikheil Alania. Already had taste of being in national team set up. Hasnt cracked the senior team for Aurillac yet in France.

This is where the future lies. Aprasidze and Abzhandadze have shown the way,its the next juniors coming through that will show Georgia are on the right track.

Online
Posts: 1146
Joined: Mon, 21 Apr 2014, 08:23
National Flag:
FranceFrance

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby beber » Sat, 18 Jan 2020, 20:58

Scoob wrote:Beber -who is Jgerenaia? Does he play in France,and presume outside back.
Kemoklidze is outside back in Italy i think? How has he been going this season?
Its a massive shame that Sandro Svanidze young career has been descimated by injuries. He looked the real deal at Junior level and first season at Armazi.
The Georgian XV were just not used to playing the game at that speed,and shows the difference between super rugby team and amateur based team.

I honestly think the under 20 Georgia team could almost beat the Georgian XV.
There is some super talent there this year,and i think they have a real chance against Wales and Australia in pool play. They played really well when sth africa toured end of last year,and that was with there first choice pack and some of backline still in France.
The backline is best of have seen in years with skill and pace. This is where opposition has always had advantage over Georgia. I cant see this happening this year.
Davit Niniashvili at fullback is seriously good. You just need to look at his 7s and was near top try scorer for club last season.
Temur Kokhadze i have great hope for.Descent pace,very good defensively,strong in the tackle.
Demur Tapladze who just made national team,i like very much. For a big guy who moves really fast. Look at under 20 team try against sth africa last year. Does everything you want from a centre.
Lasha Lomidze Tapladze twin as they been inseperable through age grade rugby.
Zurab Kavtaradze. very powerful strong winger. Perhaps lacks yard of pace for outright winger,know doubt about his talent though.
Dachi Papunashvili Youngest player from a Georgian back member to be snapped up by a French club. Needs to find true position,which first five is probably best.
Mikheil Alania. Already had taste of being in national team set up. Hasnt cracked the senior team for Aurillac yet in France.

This is where the future lies. Aprasidze and Abzhandadze have shown the way,its the next juniors coming through that will show Georgia are on the right track.


Kvicha Jgerenaia is a young outside centre (born 1996) who is playing in Romania in Baia Mare. Last season he played 11 Super Liga games (started 10), the 7th more used player of the whole squad the the second most used centre after Fakaosilea despite a lot of competition at centre (Doneghan, Balaban, Faka'osilea, Tomane). This year he played 6 of the 8 Super Liga games so far (probably injured for the last two games before the break) and scored 3 tries

Otar Kemoklidze played some games at wing with Lazio in Super10 but then joined Primavera Rugby in second division and moved to scrumhalf (edit : looks like he is back to Lazio and plays with the second team and changed again his position to fullback). Dvalishvili is another option at replacing scrumhalf

Posts: 279
Joined: Sat, 03 May 2014, 00:22
National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby Scoob » Sat, 18 Jan 2020, 23:41

I think for a national team performance in Georgia unless your carving it up in the didi 10[ Tabutsadze,Modebadze] or are a young back performing fine against senior players in Didi 10[Kokhadze,Lomidze] then its hard to perform in a senoir team when you come up against quality opposition,etc Jaguares. Although the players for Georgia XV might be ok at Didi 10 level,but the step up is massive. Only the scrum was par with the Jaguares,and Georgia at prop is well known.
Young espoirs level in France is a good grounding for hopefully transition to higher clubs. Players in there early late 20s in Romanian or Italian clubs may be best there is in that competition but its not going to help them against stronger opposition.
Georgia are progressing what was only known for props in top 14,is slowly moving towards other positions. loose forwards are doing very well in better french clubs,as well as 1-2 young backs coming through. Transition is happening,it just takes time....As they say Rome wasnt built in a day.

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: beber, Google [Bot] and 9 guests