Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Georgia (Lelos)

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby datodato » Sun, 09 Apr 2017, 12:12

Interview with Gorgodze. The women is talking way too much but still interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py43CzxW0ak

National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Postby DoncasterKSrugby » Sun, 09 Apr 2017, 16:18

beber wrote:Four 1996-born georgians on Top14 and ProD2 fields this weekend !

FANTASTIC FOR GEORGIA / FANTASTIC FOR DEVELOPING NATIONS / FANTASTIC FOR RUGBY

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Sun, 09 Apr 2017, 16:43

GEORGIA U18 @ 2017 EUROPEAN OPEN (FRANCE)

Squad head-shots >> http://site.rugby.ge/en/Under-18/

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby beber » Mon, 10 Apr 2017, 14:02

Beka Gorgadze to join Bordeaux from 2018

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby datodato » Mon, 10 Apr 2017, 14:32

Great news. Hopefully the young no7 from brive can get some game time in the near future.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Tue, 11 Apr 2017, 12:09

Beka Gorgadze (1996) already played 28 matches with Stade Montois in Pro2D and 11 with Georgia. Scored 3 Tries for his club and 5 for Georgia.

He will play for Bordeaux from 2018.

Such a clever guy. He denied Top14 in his 19th and played in Pro2D 2 years, gained some experience and now going in Top14.
Very smart move and i think he will get playing time in Top14 together with Loann Goujon and Peter Saili. He will learn a lot from these players.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Sat, 15 Apr 2017, 11:22

Otar Giorgadze is on the Clermont's bench.

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby beber » Wed, 19 Apr 2017, 10:52

Interesting interview from Milton Haig
http://site.rugby.ge/ka-GE/news-view/?n ... 1%E1%83%98

Why he did not try new players at flyhalf and fullback?
- Jinchvelashvili played #10 against Germany, Kvirikashvili needed to play to reach his 100th cap. Then, games were too important. Tsiklauri and Malaguradze were on the bench to cover these positions

- Matiashvili and Svanidze are fast and that what Georgia needed.
- Koshadze, Giorgadze and Gorgadze excellents
- bright future for Mataradze and Tabidze

- Mikheil Gachechiladze will play june test for Georgia. Tabidze and Aprasidze will not be called because they will play U20 WC.

- Georgia will play June tests with full squad

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Wed, 19 Apr 2017, 15:01

beber wrote:Interesting interview from Milton Haig
http://site.rugby.ge/ka-GE/news-view/?n ... 1%E1%83%98

Why he did not try new players at flyhalf and fullback?
- Jinchvelashvili played #10 against Germany, Kvirikashvili needed to play to reach his 100th cap. Then, games were too important. Tsiklauri and Malaguradze were on the bench to cover these positions

- Matiashvili and Svanidze are fast and that what Georgia needed.
- Koshadze, Giorgadze and Gorgadze excellents
- bright future for Mataradze and Tabidze

- Mikheil Gachechiladze will play june test for Georgia. Tabidze and Aprasidze will not be called because they will play U20 WC.

- Georgia will play June tests with full squad

Gachechiladze deserves to be int he team based on his recent performances. Matiashvili needs to be in the national team and not 7s team. They`ll call the strongest squad minus injuries and if any Georgian players make Top14 final, they`ll miss Canada game and will join the team for USA and Argentina games.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Fri, 21 Apr 2017, 07:35

Vincent Gaillard:
"It is possible for Georgian Franchise to join Eropean Champions Cup from the next season.
We want to create platform for emerging nations to develop.

We also have talks with sanzar to organize a annual match between champions cup and Super rugby winners"

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Stef » Fri, 21 Apr 2017, 07:52

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:Vincent Gaillard:
"It is possible for Georgian Franchise to join Eropean Champions Cup from the next season.

We also have talks with sanzar to organize a annual match between champions cup and Super rugby winners"

Strange quoting. The actual statement of Vincent Gaillard is the following:

"A rugby franchise from Georgia or another emerging rugby nation could one day play in the European Champions Cup, according to European Professional Club Rugby (EPCR) chief executive Vincent Gaillard."

"There will likely be an acceptable of franchises [in the future], Georgia could be an example,” Gaillard told City A.M.

Source: http://www.cityam.com/263254/champions-cup-could-feature-georgian-franchise-says

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Fri, 21 Apr 2017, 08:27

Stef wrote:

"A rugby franchise from Georgia or another emerging rugby nation could one day play in the European Champions Cup, according to European Professional Club Rugby (EPCR) chief executive Vincent Gaillard."

"There will likely be an acceptable of franchises [in the future], Georgia could be an example,” Gaillard told City A.M.

Source: http://www.cityam.com/263254/champions-cup-could-feature-georgian-franchise-says

Dumb georgian journalists. I have translated from Georgian online press article.
Yea, Georgian journalists are "best".

I still dont think its possible to play in champions cup.
There is no $ for GRU to keep that franchise.

National Flag:
WalesWales

Postby Figaro » Fri, 21 Apr 2017, 08:41

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:
Stef wrote:

Dumb georgian journalists. I have translated from Georgian online press article.
Yea, Georgian journalists are "best".

I still dont think its possible to play in champions cup.
There is no $ for GRU to keep that franchise.

A franchise that competes in European competition (Challenge Cup is probably the more appropriate level), formed from the best players from the Georgian domestic league, would presumably be more affordable than a full-time franchise competing in the Pro12. The players would go back to their clubs after playing in Europe (the old "Tblisi Caucasians" model).

This has actually been proposed for Wales in the past (that the regions compete only in European competitions, and then players play for their clubs the rest of the time).

I guess the issue is that if the point of such an entity is to expose players to a higher level of competition, then the more high level competition they're exposed to, the better; plus similar teams in the past (Bucuresti Wolves etc.) haven't been very successful. I guess it's difficult for players to do well in a side that only convenes briefly.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Stef » Fri, 21 Apr 2017, 08:53

Such franchises are not anymore allowed to take part in the European Rugby Continental Shield. I remember reading the Italian complaints when they were losing against Bucharest Wolves in Challenge Cup, considering such team as actually the national squad which was not the case :lol: .

The most suitable strategy on the short-term would be an expansion of the Challenge Cup from 20 to 24, but such possibility mainly depends on the performances of teams such as Enisey or Timisoara/Krasny Yar. Tier-2 clubs have to prove that they can compete in this competition.

National Flag:
WalesWales

Postby Figaro » Fri, 21 Apr 2017, 09:29

Stef wrote:Such franchises are not anymore allowed to take part in the European Rugby Continental Shield. I remember reading the Italian complaints when they were losing against Bucharest Wolves in Challenge Cup, considering such team as actually the national squad which was not the case :lol: .

The most suitable strategy on the short-term would be an expansion of the Challenge Cup from 20 to 24, but such possibility mainly depends on the performances of teams such as Enisey or Timisoara/Krasny Yar. Tier-2 clubs have to prove that they can compete in this competition.

I think Enisey have clearly shown they deserve to be there, and to be honest they're looking like more or less permanent fixtures for the near future. They have four wins over the last two seasons; Italian teams have only one more over the same period.

But yes, you are right, we need to see better performance from other T2 teams. Are Enisey really so far ahead of the others?

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Stef » Fri, 21 Apr 2017, 09:42

Figaro wrote:
Stef wrote:Such franchises are not anymore allowed to take part in the European Rugby Continental Shield. I remember reading the Italian complaints when they were losing against Bucharest Wolves in Challenge Cup, considering such team as actually the national squad which was not the case :lol: .

I think Enisey have clearly shown they deserve to be there, and to be honest they're looking like more or less permanent fixtures for the near future. They have four wins over the last two seasons; Italian teams have only one more over the same period.

But yes, you are right, we need to see better performance from other T2 teams. Are Enisey really so far ahead of the others?

The European Rugby Continental Shield will have a final on May 13 I think. We will know then if there is a huge gap between them and the other clubs. However, they lost against Krasny Yar in the Russian league, so I don't think that there is any gap. Timisoara also lost in the Superliga against Steaua and CSM Bucharest. I think you can also have other competitive sides in this tournament. The poor performance of the Italian sides is not such a good benchmark, but Enisey is definitively very competitive.

National Flag:
WalesWales

Postby Figaro » Fri, 21 Apr 2017, 09:49

Stef wrote:
Figaro wrote:

The European Rugby Continental Shield will have a final on May 13 I think. We will know then if there is a huge gap between them and the other clubs. However, they lost against Krasny Yar in the Russian league, so I don't think that there is any gap. Timisoara also lost in the Superliga against Steaua and CSM Bucharest. I think you can also have other competitive sides in this tournament. The poor performance of the Italian sides is not such a good benchmark, but Enisey is definitively very competitive.

To be fair, Zebre and Treviso have only played in the Challenge cup for the last three seasons: before then they were both automatically given places in the Champions cup, and the Italian representation in the Challenge cup was from lesser sides. If we look at how just the Pro12 Italian teams have performed in their three seasons in the Challenge cup, they have two, three, and two wins respectively, so they're proving to be reasonably competitive at that level, no less so than Enisey (though arguably helped by French teams not giving a shit).

I wonder if Enisey and Krasny Yar both consistently qualify, whether they will look at giving the Russian champions automatic qualification.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Fri, 21 Apr 2017, 10:11

Figaro wrote:
A franchise that competes in European competition (Challenge Cup is probably the more appropriate level), formed from the best players from the Georgian domestic league, would presumably be more affordable than a full-time franchise competing in the Pro12. The players would go back to their clubs after playing in Europe (the old "Tblisi Caucasians" model).

not true.

GRU announced that they are taking part in qualifucation this year by Top 2 clubs in didi 10.

But it will be far better to organize pro 12 or Super Rugby team. thatr would be great not challenge cup matches (4-5 matches).

Challenge cup will be played by clubs. I hope GRU will manage Pro 12 team from 2020.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Sat, 22 Apr 2017, 08:17

Didi 10 play offs:

22 April:
Lelo Saracens - Lokomotivi Tbilisi - Lelo Arena - 15:00 (+4 GMT)

23 April:
AIA Kutaisi - Academy - Kutaisi stadium - 15:00 (+4 GMT)

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby Dude-Abides » Sat, 22 Apr 2017, 11:50

https://www.facebook.com/RugbyTVGeorgia/

Lelo vs Lokomotive live streaming.

@ halftime Loko lead 3-5

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Sat, 22 Apr 2017, 13:31

Lelo defeats Locomotivi 15-5 in the first playoff game.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby SHIZZZO » Sat, 22 Apr 2017, 19:18

Watched the game, not from the spectacular ones, but win is a win I guess.
You are terminated!

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby beber » Mon, 24 Apr 2017, 20:18

When training bases for U20 WC will be announced?
Last year, it was announced in February
http://www.fifteenrugby.com/world-rugby ... pionships/

I guess Georgia will train at Shevardeni

POOL B - KUTAISI
New Zealand, Scotland, Italy, Ireland

From what I read here : http://site.rugby.ge/ka-ge/news-view/?n ... odID=17364

There will be 2 teams at Givi Kiladze stadium

2 others at Aia Arena

POOL A & POOL C - TBILISI
Georgia, France, Wales, Australia, England, Samoa, South Africa, Argentina

Georgia is already based at Shevardeni

Obviously, Martkopi training center will be an option, probably for 2 teams

Lelo Arena can host at least one team

Possibly Varketili

Rustavi is less than 30km away from Tbilisi, so I think Rustavi Rugby Stadium can host one or 2 teams

Any news about other possible bases? What's looks Tengiz Sulakvelidze football academy? When will be announced offical training bases? Thanks!

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Tue, 25 Apr 2017, 02:19

I know as much as you do beber. I haven`t seen or heard any news from GRU about which team will go to which base. I`m sure it will be announced soon though.

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby beber » Fri, 28 Apr 2017, 16:34

Kolelishvili is back with Clermont, Giorgadze is again on the bench !

Lobzhanidze also on the bench with Brive, as Asieshvili and Bekoshvili

Gorgodze is also back from his injury and will be on the bench with Clermont, Chilachava also on the bench

What's this stadium ?

Western Province is training here and it will be England U20 base

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum