Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Georgia (Lelos)

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby 4N » Thu, 21 Sep 2017, 13:06

Altrad vs some club owners. He said others mock his origins and accused French rugby of being racist, in turn others have said he is bad for rugby, doesn't understand rugby values etc.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Thu, 21 Sep 2017, 20:28

4N wrote:Altrad vs some club owners. He said others mock his origins and accused French rugby of being racist, in turn others have said he is bad for rugby, doesn't understand rugby values etc.

Altrad is great person. But i dont think French are racists. Arab multi-millionaire is accusing French that they are racists. Funny :D

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Thu, 21 Sep 2017, 22:45

4N wrote:Altrad vs some club owners. He said others mock his origins and accused French rugby of being racist, in turn others have said he is bad for rugby, doesn't understand rugby values etc.
That's it ?

Billionaries are such sensitive twats. :lol: it's so obvious they don't have enough problems in life.
Don't Pray For Easy lives, Pray for enough Beer!

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Sun, 24 Sep 2017, 11:34

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby beber » Sun, 24 Sep 2017, 22:11

Nemsadze (back from his injury) faced Lomidze, both played number8 for reserve teams

Bristol United: 15. Jack Wallace; 14. Tom Hargan, 13. Jack Tovey, 12. James Newey, 11. Maliq Holden (Hartpury BUCS); 10. Billy Searle, 9. Ryan Glynn; 1. Jack Cosgrove, 2. Ben Gompels (Bristol University), 3. Gaston Cortes, 4. Joe Latta (c), 5. Dan Tuohy, 6. James Dun, 7. Nick Fenton-Wells, 8. Giorgi Nemsadze

Replacements: 16. Will Capon (Bristol Grammar School), 17. Ryan Bevington, 18. Alex Giltrow, 19. Joe Batley, 20. Max Cresswell (Bristol University), 21. Reiss Cullen, 22. Robbie Faulkner (Hartpury BUCS), 23. Robbie Forbes (Hartpury BUCS).

London Irish ‘A’: 15 Tom Parton, 14 Ollie Hassell-Collins, 13 Tom Fowlie, 12 Luke McLean, 11 Ben Ransom, 10 Jacob Atkins, 9 Rory Brand, 1 Tom Smallbone (c), 2 Saia Fainga’a, 3 Lovejoy Chawatama, 4 Josh Basham, 5 Will Lloyd, 6 Max Northcote-Green, 7 Isaac Curtis-Harris, 8 Lasha Lomidze.

Replacements: 16 Todd Gleave, 17 Austin Hay, 18 Manasa Saulo, 19 Lee Moore, 20 Tom Woolstencroft, 21 Ed Hoadley, 22 Basil Strang, 23 Alec Coombes.

Bristol won 27-17 and Nemsadze scored a try

In other news, Beka Kakabadze made his Top14 debut for Clermont

Ireland U20 international and former Connacht and Doncaster player, prop Saba Meunargia joined Chambery in Federale1 Elite

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby beber » Mon, 25 Sep 2017, 18:48

More fullback options for Milton Haig?

- Lasha Malaguradze started most of the games at fullback. He started again at this spot for the first leg of the RRPL Final against Enisei-STM, scoring 3 tries and will probably continue to play fullback for the European Challenge Cup.

- Giorgi Gogoladze, born 1997 (played the last U20 WC), signed earlier this season for Castanet in Federale1. He played few minutes at centre last week but started and played the whole game at fullback last saturday against Rodez

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby datodato » Wed, 27 Sep 2017, 11:08

I watched some of the DIDI10 games in the last weeks and I believe that the standard of the game improved compared to 3 or 4 years ago. Does anyone agree? Maybe the younger generation of players had a strong impact, because the back play looks a lot stronger and also the catching and passing and other skills.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Wed, 27 Sep 2017, 16:13

Top 5 tries from matchday 4 are up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9SaVxPubZA

Didi10 youtube page with full games, highlights and best tries:

https://www.youtube.com/didi10rugby

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby beber » Wed, 27 Sep 2017, 19:48

Jaba Bregvadze to join Krasny Yar

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby datodato » Sun, 01 Oct 2017, 09:33

Now that Kingsley Jones is coach of Canada I hope our boys will smash them 50 points or so. He trashed Georgia on every occasion he was given, on the TV and even as a commentator at last years U20 WC. He is a failed coach, making every team he is coaching far worse (Russia, London Welsh, Dragons) than before. Will never forget his good old "We (Russia) were nearly winning in 2012 at the 60 min. mark (they were down 36:0) but then they changed their whole front 5 (also not true)." He keeps running around on TV shows and saying Georgia should not be in the 6N, Tbilisi is not a place where 6N tourists would go, Georgia won't be able to fill a stadium for 6N matches and so on. Absolute idiot, I hope the boys remember him and smash the Canadians.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Sun, 01 Oct 2017, 21:59

datodato wrote:Now that Kingsley Jones is coach of Canada I hope our boys will smash them 50 points or so. He trashed Georgia on every occasion he was given, on the TV and even as a commentator at last years U20 WC. He is a failed coach, making every team he is coaching far worse (Russia, London Welsh, Dragons) than before. Will never forget his good old "We (Russia) were nearly winning in 2012 at the 60 min. mark (they were down 36:0) but then they changed their whole front 5 (also not true)." He keeps running around on TV shows and saying Georgia should not be in the 6N, Tbilisi is not a place where 6N tourists would go, Georgia won't be able to fill a stadium for 6N matches and so on. Absolute idiot, I hope the boys remember him and smash the Canadians.

I thought he said the opposite, that Tbilisi is a good place to go for a fan ?

National Flag:
WalesWales

Postby Figaro » Mon, 02 Oct 2017, 07:22

fullbackace wrote:
datodato wrote:Now that Kingsley Jones is coach of Canada I hope our boys will smash them 50 points or so. He trashed Georgia on every occasion he was given, on the TV and even as a commentator at last years U20 WC. He is a failed coach, making every team he is coaching far worse (Russia, London Welsh, Dragons) than before. Will never forget his good old "We (Russia) were nearly winning in 2012 at the 60 min. mark (they were down 36:0) but then they changed their whole front 5 (also not true)." He keeps running around on TV shows and saying Georgia should not be in the 6N, Tbilisi is not a place where 6N tourists would go, Georgia won't be able to fill a stadium for 6N matches and so on. Absolute idiot, I hope the boys remember him and smash the Canadians.

I remember the exact interview you're talking about, and most of what you say is true - and I broadly agree with you regarding his coaching record - but in his defence, he did say that Tiblisi would be a great trip for fans.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby datodato » Mon, 02 Oct 2017, 15:29

Figaro wrote:
fullbackace wrote:

I remember the exact interview you're talking about, and most of what you say is true - and I broadly agree with you regarding his coaching record - but in his defence, he did say that Tiblisi would be a great trip for fans.

Both of you might be right but I remember him saying Tbilisi is all right but everyone would rather go to London or Dublin and the flights are too long etc. But as I said, I may have made a mistake there. The rest is 100% true, so I still hope our Team gives him a spanking.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby Boudewijn Vertonghen » Tue, 03 Oct 2017, 11:18

Have heard anything about ideas for a professional rugby league with teams from Germany, Georgia, Russia, Romania?

On 15.03.2017 the head coach of the German national Rugby Union team (15s) said in an interview in England (https://rhino.direct/blogs/the-locker-r ... -6-nations): "We've got the finance in place to have a fully professional side," explains Kobus (Potgieter). "We're just waiting for Rugby Europe to give us the go ahead to set up a league playing against sides from countries such as Georgia, Russia and Romania. We're ready to go, we have the training facilities, we have the pitch and ground here in Heidelberg."

In Germany, we were surprised and wanted to know more about that...but half a year passed and we didn't hear anything about that.

Have you heard anything about that?

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Tue, 03 Oct 2017, 12:13

There have been rumours of a Rugby Europe League replacing current Continental Shield for quite a while, but the plan keeps being delayed. Portuguese Rugby Union (FPR) also mentioned it in a press release when commenting on CDUL participation in Continental Shield.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Tue, 03 Oct 2017, 13:27

Boudewijn Vertonghen wrote:Have you heard anything about that?

I know there is a signed agreement but nothing more.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby datodato » Tue, 03 Oct 2017, 21:00

Can someone please post the link to the small documentation from 2009 with Labadze about the Georgia Russia game in Sotchi? Please!

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Wed, 04 Oct 2017, 04:37

Boudewijn Vertonghen wrote:Have heard anything about ideas for a professional rugby league with teams from Germany, Georgia, Russia, Romania?

On 15.03.2017 the head coach of the German national Rugby Union team (15s) said in an interview in England (https://rhino.direct/blogs/the-locker-r ... -6-nations): "We've got the finance in place to have a fully professional side," explains Kobus (Potgieter). "We're just waiting for Rugby Europe to give us the go ahead to set up a league playing against sides from countries such as Georgia, Russia and Romania. We're ready to go, we have the training facilities, we have the pitch and ground here in Heidelberg."

In Germany, we were surprised and wanted to know more about that...but half a year passed and we didn't hear anything about that.

Have you heard anything about that?

Hmm, If it's a seasonal league format with a regular table that would be awesome. However if it's pools-playoff-final type of deal it's a waste of time imho.

Georgian teams desperately need a better league to play in.. Domestic Didi10 just doesn't cut it. Not if our aim is regularly placing 3rd in RWC pools.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Tue, 10 Oct 2017, 18:29

Didi 10 after 6 rounds:

1 - AIA Kutaisi - 6 6 0 0 +57 24
2 - Lelo Saracens - 6 4 0 2 +28 18
3 - Batumi RC - 5 3 1 1 +75 17
4 - Kharebi Rustavi - 6 4 0 2 -1 17
5 - Jiki Gori - 6 3 0 3 +28 16
6 - Locomotive - 5 3 0 2 +11 14
7 - Armazi - 6 2 1 3 -4 13
8 - Army - 6 2 0 4 -78 9
9 - Academy 6 0 0 6 -42 5
10 - Bagrati Kutaisi 6 1 0 5 -74 5

7th round:
Academy vs Jiki Gori - 27/10
Army vs Kharebi Rustavi 28/10
AIA Kutaisi vs Bagrati Kutaisi 28/10
Locomotive vs Armazi 29/10
Lelo Saracens vs Batumi RC 29/10

AIA Kutaisi continues dominating with extremely young backs and up-tempo. Lacks scrummage power but manages to win every single match.
Lelo Saracens is leading try scorer with 17 tries in 6 matches
Batumi's try line was crossed only 3 times. Only 3 tries against Batumi.

Didi 10 is showing signs of progress.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Wed, 11 Oct 2017, 08:17

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby beber » Wed, 11 Oct 2017, 17:55

Aprasidze the next flyhalf?

Gela Aprasidze started his first game with Montpellier espoirs (was on the bench for the first game), with the number 10 on his back.
He scored a try :

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Wed, 11 Oct 2017, 18:29

beber wrote:Aprasidze the next flyhalf?

Gela Aprasidze started his first game with Montpellier espoirs (was on the bench for the first game), with the number 10 on his back.
He scored a try :

Gela is flying! Some have suggested this before including myself. Lobjanidze as 9 and Aprasidze as 10. If Aprasidze is comfortable playing 10, I think it would only be good for Georgia in a long run.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Wed, 11 Oct 2017, 19:31

Dont forget about Abzhandadze, he showed high skills and i believe his studying and playing in Ireland will come handy. + he is born in 1999 and has 2 years to prepare for big boys.

I recon Georgia U20 will have outstanding half backs next year. 9 Aprasidze 10 Abzhandadze, Georgia U20 never had such promising and talented half backs. Geo-Rom + 6 Nations will be good place to prepare for U20 Championship against best teams.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Thu, 12 Oct 2017, 00:12

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:Dont forget about Abzhandadze, he showed high skills and i believe his studying and playing in Ireland will come handy. + he is born in 1999 and has 2 years to prepare for big boys.

I recon Georgia U20 will have outstanding half backs next year. 9 Aprasidze 10 Abzhandadze, Georgia U20 never had such promising and talented half backs. Geo-Rom + 6 Nations will be good place to prepare for U20 Championship against best teams.

I never thought I'd see the day where we had plenty of Halfbacks and not enough Locks.

National Flag:
WalesWales

Postby IanCleverly » Mon, 16 Oct 2017, 18:58

Welsh Rugby Union confirming all but 3 of their games are close to being a sell-out, with the game against Georgia (as of last week) coming close to being half full:-

Among the encouraging figures, the only slight concern comes in the shape of the second game of the series. Until now, just 38,000 tickets have been sold for Wales' first ever game against Georgia on November 18. A mightily impressive 73,969 packed out the Principality Stadium to see Wales face Japan last season, taking advantage of a reduced ticket price. Though that game saw a huge surge in ticket sales closer to the game, so there is still hope for the Georgia clash. As things stand, more than 235,000 tickets have been sold for the impending autumn campaign, meaning it's set to become the best-attended campaign in three years.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugb ... n-13748405

Previous

Return to Rugby Forum