Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Georgia (Lelos)

National Flag:
WalesWales

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby welshdragon2000 » Tue, 30 Oct 2018, 22:31

I know there’s been a lot of comments about Georgia’s injuries and how they will affect them this November. Personally I think Georgia will be absolutely fine. Their front row is looking tasty and so is the back row with a mixture of experience and youth. I’ll admit that second row is a bit of a concern but it’s been a problem position for a little while. In the backs, we may see Abzhandadze break into the first team which would be a huge step forward for Georgia especially with the World Cup just around the corner. The backs haven’t looked great for Georgia ever since I started following them so perhaps a decent playmaker will go a long way to helping them perform better. I am a huge fan of Gela Aprasidze who I think is class so I hope he gets his chances this autumn. A midfield pairing of Aprasidze and Abzhandadze would have you set for the next 10 years which would be huge for the team in keeping that consistency at the half backs. The centre from the u20s (Sharidze I think his name is), how is he getting on? I was hoping to see him in the November squad as I was very impressed by him in the u20 world championship. I know nothing else about him though so perhaps I could be enlightened by someone on where he’s at in terms of potential and literally where he’s at!

The Georgian forwards should destroy Italy when they play. It’s great that Chilachava and Nariashvilli are back in time for the game, I watched them against Newcastle a couple of weeks ago and they absolutely dominated so hopefully they can get solid fitness levels in time for the upcoming games. A wet and muddy game and Georgia will be well in with a chance!

My message to the Georgians on here: be positive, you’ll do just fine. Oh and your forwards coach is amazing and will make a huge difference to the pack from June.

National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Postby Scoob » Wed, 31 Oct 2018, 03:58

Sandro Svanidze is injured,not sure for how long but Haig said he would have selected him if he was fit.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Wed, 31 Oct 2018, 04:04

welshdragon2000 wrote:I know there’s been a lot of comments about Georgia’s injuries and how they will affect them this November. Personally I think Georgia will be absolutely fine. Their front row is looking tasty and so is the back row with a mixture of experience and youth. I’ll admit that second row is a bit of a concern but it’s been a problem position for a little while. In the backs, we may see Abzhandadze break into the first team which would be a huge step forward for Georgia especially with the World Cup just around the corner. The backs haven’t looked great for Georgia ever since I started following them so perhaps a decent playmaker will go a long way to helping them perform better. I am a huge fan of Gela Aprasidze who I think is class so I hope he gets his chances this autumn. A midfield pairing of Aprasidze and Abzhandadze would have you set for the next 10 years which would be huge for the team in keeping that consistency at the half backs. The centre from the u20s (Sharidze I think his name is), how is he getting on? I was hoping to see him in the November squad as I was very impressed by him in the u20 world championship. I know nothing else about him though so perhaps I could be enlightened by someone on where he’s at in terms of potential and literally where he’s at!

The Georgian forwards should destroy Italy when they play. It’s great that Chilachava and Nariashvilli are back in time for the game, I watched them against Newcastle a couple of weeks ago and they absolutely dominated so hopefully they can get solid fitness levels in time for the upcoming games. A wet and muddy game and Georgia will be well in with a chance!

My message to the Georgians on here: be positive, you’ll do just fine. Oh and your forwards coach is amazing and will make a huge difference to the pack from June.

Front row indeed looks very good, despite Aseishvili injury. Awsome young talent in the back row, but Georgia could use experience of Kolelishvili and Tkhilaishvili, who are great defensive players and have lot of experience. Like I said before, hopefully the youngsters will rise to the challenge. Second row is very problematic and it has been for a while now. I would love to see Abjandadze get a chance in one of the upcoming games. Not sure it will be against Italy though. The U20 player that impressed you and many others is Sandro Svanidze who Haig was going to call up but alas is another injured player and wont be able to help the team. I try to stay positive.. Hopefully itèll be a good game and Georgia manage if not win then at least stay close.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Wed, 31 Oct 2018, 07:07

I know Lelos will take first T1 scalp in Italy. Look at the squad! I think this will be the squad for Italy 90%

1 - Nariashvili FRA
2 - Bregvadze JAP
3 - Chilachava FRA
4 - Sutiashvili FRA
5 - Tcheishvili ENG
6 - Tsutskiridze FRA
7 - Giorgadze FRA
8 - Gorgadze FRA
9 - Lobzhanidze FRA
10 - Abzhandadze GEO
11 - Todua GEO
12 - Sharikadze FRA
13 - Mchedlidze FRA
14 - Sichinava GEO
15 - Matiashvili GEO

16 - Mamukashvili RUS
17 - Zhvania ENG
18 - Kubriashvili FRA
19 - Lomidze FRA
20 - Bitsadze FRA
21 - Aprasidze FRA
22 - Malaguradze RUS
23 - Aptsiauri GEO

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby beber » Wed, 31 Oct 2018, 08:33

I'd go with
Nariashvili - Bregvadze - Chilachava
Lomidze - Cheishvili
Tsutskiridze - Gorgadze - Giorgadze
Lobzhanidze - Khmaladze
Sichinava - Kveseladze - Sharikadze (if he is fit) - Mchedlidze
Matiashvili

Mamukashvili - Zhvania - Kubriashvili - Sutiashvili - Bitsadze
Aprasidze-Abzhandadze - Koshadze

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Wed, 31 Oct 2018, 18:31

welshdragon2000 wrote:I know there’s been a lot of comments about Georgia’s injuries and how they will affect them this November. Personally I think Georgia will be absolutely fine. Their front row is looking tasty and so is the back row with a mixture of experience and youth. I’ll admit that second row is a bit of a concern but it’s been a problem position for a little while. In the backs, we may see Abzhandadze break into the first team which would be a huge step forward for Georgia especially with the World Cup just around the corner. The backs haven’t looked great for Georgia ever since I started following them so perhaps a decent playmaker will go a long way to helping them perform better. I am a huge fan of Gela Aprasidze who I think is class so I hope he gets his chances this autumn. A midfield pairing of Aprasidze and Abzhandadze would have you set for the next 10 years which would be huge for the team in keeping that consistency at the half backs. The centre from the u20s (Sharidze I think his name is), how is he getting on? I was hoping to see him in the November squad as I was very impressed by him in the u20 world championship. I know nothing else about him though so perhaps I could be enlightened by someone on where he’s at in terms of potential and literally where he’s at!

Define "absolutely fine" :D

If Lelos come out of this game Absolutely fine Italy should just give up on life and and commit Seppuku ;) we have 3-4 semi-pro level players and one of them is a fly half.
Don't Pray For Easy lives, Pray for enough Beer!

National Flag:
WalesWales

Postby welshdragon2000 » Wed, 31 Oct 2018, 22:36

fullbackace wrote:

If Lelos come out of this game Absolutely fine Italy should just give up on life and and commit Seppuku ;) we have 3-4 semi-pro level players and one of them is a fly half.

Hmm now you ask, I have no idea what I mean by absolutely fine:D I think what I meant is that we will see strong performances and encouraging signs across the team with young players stepping up like Aprasidze, Abzhandadze and the prop from Racing 92, and competitive performances throughout the month!

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Wed, 31 Oct 2018, 23:22

welshdragon2000 wrote:
fullbackace wrote:

Hmm now you ask, I have no idea what I mean by absolutely fine:D I think what I meant is that we will see strong performances and encouraging signs across the team with young players stepping up like Aprasidze, Abzhandadze and the prop from Racing 92, and competitive performances throughout the month!

From your keyboard to god's inbox

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby beber » Thu, 01 Nov 2018, 14:46

U20 prop Gia Kharaishvili joined Racing92 : https://www.racing92.fr/equipe/espoirs_t258993

National Flag:
AfghanistanAfghanistan

Postby lelopride » Fri, 02 Nov 2018, 14:22

Its a shame that Nemsadze and Kolelishvili are missing, they could add more strength in forwards. Other than that we should be fine.

National Flag:
ScotlandScotland

Postby CraigChalmers » Sat, 03 Nov 2018, 12:52

Question for the Georgian posters on here - Is the Georgia v Scotland test definitely going to be played on 31st August next year? A few of us keen to come over it, however slightly put off booking as sure the date has already changed at least once…

Also, planning to head over for a week/10 days. Besides the test, is there anything you would say is a 'must see'? Or are you likely to be playing any other warm-up tests? (Obviously I know you are coming to Murrayfield the week after, but any chance there would be a game to watch if we happened to be in Tbilisi on the 24th?

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Sat, 03 Nov 2018, 13:46

CraigChalmers wrote:Question for the Georgian posters on here - Is the Georgia v Scotland test definitely going to be played on 31st August next year? A few of us keen to come over it, however slightly put off booking as sure the date has already changed at least once…

Also, planning to head over for a week/10 days. Besides the test, is there anything you would say is a 'must see'? Or are you likely to be playing any other warm-up tests? (Obviously I know you are coming to Murrayfield the week after, but any chance there would be a game to watch if we happened to be in Tbilisi on the 24th?

Oh we are also looking forward for Scotland to arrive in Tbilisi.

You will explore half country for 10 days. There is too much to see after the match. Tbilisi is just a start. Real Georgia is outside the city.

I recommend Lagodekhi waterfall in august. One of the highest in europe. Great place to visit.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Sat, 03 Nov 2018, 14:36

CraigChalmers wrote:Question for the Georgian posters on here - Is the Georgia v Scotland test definitely going to be played on 31st August next year? A few of us keen to come over it, however slightly put off booking as sure the date has already changed at least once…

I'm not sure when it's played tbh but the more time passes less likely for any changes to happen. I think the dates should already be set but ofc it's rugby so nothing's certain.

As for seeing the country. depends on what you like. Mountains, Canyons, Caves, Medieval fortresses, Wine and vineyards, there's plenty of stuff.. basically warmer Scotland. Most of the Brits I've met here seem to enjoy Tbilisi the most. with good food and drinks.

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby Coloradoan » Sat, 03 Nov 2018, 21:42

I don't think you can go wrong in Georgia unless you're trying really hard to have a bad time. Tbilisi is a really cool city with lots of good cheap food and wine to go with friendly locals, although language is more frequently a barrier than it might be in Western Europe, though not at Western facing restaurants and the like. The country is beautiful but the drivers are crazy. It's not an expensive country so it might be worth it to use tour buses or hire a driver. It's also not a massive country so unless you're trying to go somewhere further out like Batumi or Svaneti, you can use Tbilisi as a base for a lot of day trips. I'm not a big organized tour type person, but I did do one (in English, although I was the only native English speaker on the tour) where it went to both Kazbegi and Ananuri Castle in a day and was back in Tbilisi by evening for something like 30 USD. Nice thing about those is you can just book day of and they have like 9 or 10 different ones to choose from. Or if you like hiking and camping, there is plenty of that, too. Something for everyone in Georgia IMO.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Sun, 04 Nov 2018, 03:03

Coloradoan wrote: Something for everyone in Georgia IMO.

This is the most correct explanation. Georgia is Irland sized country, very small. But we have almost every climate and landscape except Tundra and Rainforest.

Gigashvili scored a tey for Grenoble.

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Sun, 04 Nov 2018, 15:24

This PUNT is from Saturday

In another game of Didi Ati on Friday,
Ref Saba Abulashvili sinbinned all 6 front-rowers at the same time = 40'
and the two coaches were forced to sacrifice 6 others at once

It was a nightmare for match commissionner + secretary + 4th official

They were to monitor and record those en-masse ins and outs

http://files.rugby.ge/oqmi/_MZA/2018_11 ... IK-LOK.htm

And for 10 full minutes UNION was played 12-v-12

:::

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Mon, 05 Nov 2018, 08:41

FLIDTA RISXVA wrote:In another game of Didi Ati on Friday,
Ref Saba Abulashvili sinbinned all 6 front-rowers at the same time = 40'
and the two coaches were forced to sacrifice 6 others at once

What happened? Sounds like a really nice anecdote.
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Mon, 05 Nov 2018, 09:07

REF lost patience with endless collapsing and time wasting

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby datodato » Thu, 08 Nov 2018, 16:04

Huge mistake not to take Abzhandadze and instead opt for these clowns who lost every important match in their lifes for Georgia.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Sat, 10 Nov 2018, 08:21

datodato wrote:Huge mistake not to take Abzhandadze and instead opt for these clowns who lost every important match in their lifes for Georgia.

I wouldn't call them clowns but I agree with the rest

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby datodato » Sun, 11 Nov 2018, 08:34

If you ask me this match was a lesson in what went wrong with Georgia and showed how much this is Haigs fault: The maul was one of our No1 strength before he became Head Coach and since then his decision to hire the Australian clown as a "forwards coach" just destroyed the fundamentals of our set piece. He was unable to destroy our scrum because the Georgian scrum would still be the best, even if the worst coach (Kingsley Jones) or Rihanna would coach it, but he just destroyed our maul like nothing I have ever seen. The decision to let him even be in such a position just because he talks english or is Australian was a total disaster. Let's hope than Rowentree can fix these issues until 2019 RWC, but what happened in the mauls, where we basically lost the game, is the fault of Haigs decision making and a huge mistake hard to correct.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Sun, 11 Nov 2018, 10:55

datodato wrote:Australian clown as a "forwards coach"

Again you are being disrespectful. I was also happy to kick Aussies out of team but this doesnt mean to be disrespectful towards them.

Georgia is making huge transformation from 80th born players to 90th born, we miss Mamuka Gorgodze and Davit Zirakashvili after 2015, we have long list of injuries and we are preparing for RWC 2019.

So i think we would rather invite Italians in Tbilisi to have a rematch in 2020 summer than whine about that match.

Georgia vs Italy after RWC when both teams will be in perfect shape, full house of Dinamo Arena, warm August evening in Tbilisi. That will be a Rugby Christmas in August 2020.

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Postby Blurandski » Sun, 11 Nov 2018, 11:52

Georgia v Scotland next year should be very interesting, Scotland can at times lack beef up front, so it should be a fairly good matchup.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Sun, 11 Nov 2018, 11:58

datodato wrote:If you ask me this match was a lesson in what went wrong with Georgia and showed how much this is Haigs fault: The maul was one of our No1 strength before he became Head Coach and since then his decision to hire the Australian clown as a "forwards coach" just destroyed the fundamentals of our set piece. He was unable to destroy our scrum because the Georgian scrum would still be the best, even if the worst coach (Kingsley Jones) or Rihanna would coach it, but he just destroyed our maul like nothing I have ever seen. The decision to let him even be in such a position just because he talks english or is Australian was a total disaster. Let's hope than Rowentree can fix these issues until 2019 RWC, but what happened in the mauls, where we basically lost the game, is the fault of Haigs decision making and a huge mistake hard to correct.

Very reactionary and untrue. Haig didn't destroy our maul. We simply don't have the players that we did back in the day. Yes our maul can be better than it is now but forget about 2007/2011 mauling days. Those gargantuan players that we used to have are gone. Now we have problems finding anyone over 1.90 meters...

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby datodato » Sun, 11 Nov 2018, 14:25

So we had Mikautadze, Nemsadze, Chilanchava and others for the last years and you call These Players small right? Remember Japan? How big are their players and they mauled very good when Borthwick was there - ask SA.
Who made the decision to bring in this Australian clown? Because he was a clown ffs, if you like it or not, when we had e.g. a tremendously good U20 Coach? Whos devision was it to change our entire approach in the forwards with little offloads and going away from our traditional strengh?
Size was not the problem, just have a look into Japan‘s maul please. We took our strengh and just killed it like Argentina did with their scrum. But at least they have good backs compensating it - we have Khamaldzes.
https://youtu.be/WVmaywPAhv4

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum