Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Georgia (Lelos)

Posts: 131
Joined: Mon, 28 Nov 2016, 20:57
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby datodato » Sat, 11 Nov 2017, 13:54

hey, has someone a good link for todays match against Canada?

Posts: 1403
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 09:18
Location: Bucharest
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby amz » Sat, 11 Nov 2017, 13:55


Posts: 131
Joined: Mon, 28 Nov 2016, 20:57
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby datodato » Sat, 11 Nov 2017, 13:57

thanks a lot!

Posts: 476
Joined: Sun, 07 Dec 2014, 20:31
National Flag:
WalesWales

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby Figaro » Mon, 13 Nov 2017, 08:04

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/41957858

BBC Rugby guide to Georgia. Mostly this is just messing around and being silly, but there is about three minutes of actual Rugby discussion from about 7:30 in which they talk about the importance of the Wales game and the significance of Rugby in Georgia.

Posts: 90
Joined: Sun, 19 Feb 2017, 18:10
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby BigG » Mon, 13 Nov 2017, 09:37

Figaro - Do you have any idea who will play vs. Georgia?

Posts: 723
Joined: Thu, 16 Jul 2015, 17:26
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Mon, 13 Nov 2017, 10:41

I recon Wales will save some key players to the clash with All Blacks.

So Lelos must field main XV and combat ready against Wales.

I think victory in Cardiff is out of reality but at least there is small chance and it must be used properly.

Waiting for Wales squad!
Lelos squad 90% will be like this.

1 - Mikheil Nariashvili
2 - Jaba Bregvadze
3 - Levan Chilachava
4 - Giorgi Nemsadze
5 - Konstantine Mikautadze
6 - Lasha Lomidze
7 - Viktor Kolelishvili
8 - Beka Bitsadze

9 - Vasil Lobzhanidze
10 - Lasha Khmaladze
11 - Mirian Modebadze/Alexander Todua
12 - Merab Sharikadze
13 - David Kacharava
14 - Soso Matiashvili
15 - Merab Kvirikashvili

Posts: 476
Joined: Sun, 07 Dec 2014, 20:31
National Flag:
WalesWales

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby Figaro » Mon, 13 Nov 2017, 12:10

BigG wrote:Figaro - Do you have any idea who will play vs. Georgia?


Nothing is certain, but it will likely be a mix. They will almost certainly rest a few first choice players who played against Australia, but we have some other first choice players who missed Australia coming back from injury who will need to play so they don't hit the all blacks cold.

Gatland mentioned he wanted to look at 2 possible 10-12 combinations in the first two games; he went for Biggar-O. Williams last time which points to Priestland-Patchell this time. The squad has many new and previously uncapped players so you would fancy this is the game they are most likely to start.

This is WalesOnline's suggestion:
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugb ... k-13891988

I guess it is a likely description, though I suspect the team could be a little bit stronger. Even if this is what we see, some of the players named who missed the Australia game e.g. Priestland, Lydiate and Cuthbert are still experienced international players. Wales are experimenting with a more attractive attacking style and will want to throw the ball around a lot.

Posts: 90
Joined: Sun, 19 Feb 2017, 18:10
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby BigG » Mon, 13 Nov 2017, 14:23

Figaro wrote:
BigG wrote:Figaro - Do you have any idea who will play vs. Georgia?


Nothing is certain, but it will likely be a mix. They will almost certainly rest a few first choice players who played against Australia, but we have some other first choice players who missed Australia coming back from injury who will need to play so they don't hit the all blacks cold.

Gatland mentioned he wanted to look at 2 possible 10-12 combinations in the first two games; he went for Biggar-O. Williams last time which points to Priestland-Patchell this time. The squad has many new and previously uncapped players so you would fancy this is the game they are most likely to start.

This is WalesOnline's suggestion:
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugb ... k-13891988

I guess it is a likely description, though I suspect the team could be a little bit stronger. Even if this is what we see, some of the players named who missed the Australia game e.g. Priestland, Lydiate and Cuthbert are still experienced international players. Wales are experimenting with a more attractive attacking style and will want to throw the ball around a lot.


Figaro, thanks a lot for response. Even the squad suggested by www.walesonline.co.uk is quite strong. Some stars + experienced players + young talents. It is not a big surprise to learn that Welsh team will try to have an open game. A question is whether Georgia accepts it or not. I believe that it will. Though we do not feel ourselves comfortable in a high tempo game, it is time to modernize our style. Last game vs. Canada is a good case. let's see what we get from it. .

Posts: 1251
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2014, 18:27
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby GeoRugby » Mon, 13 Nov 2017, 14:49

Soso Matiashvili is in Telegraph`s team of the week:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/ ... nationals/

Planet Rugby didn`t choose him but mentioned him.

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/team-of ... r-tests-8/

Posts: 349
Joined: Wed, 15 Mar 2017, 09:56
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby Bogdan_DC » Mon, 13 Nov 2017, 14:57

GeoRugby wrote:Soso Matiashvili is in Telegraph`s team of the week:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/ ... nationals/

Planet Rugby didn`t choose him but mentioned him.

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/team-of ... r-tests-8/


They put him here http://www.planetrugby.com/news/whos-hot-whos-not-13/

Posts: 1251
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2014, 18:27
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby GeoRugby » Mon, 13 Nov 2017, 15:02

Bogdan_DC wrote:
GeoRugby wrote:Soso Matiashvili is in Telegraph`s team of the week:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/ ... nationals/

Planet Rugby didn`t choose him but mentioned him.

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/team-of ... r-tests-8/


They put him here http://www.planetrugby.com/news/whos-hot-whos-not-13/


I saw it too. On World Rugby Facebook, huge amount of views as well.

Posts: 888
Joined: Mon, 21 Apr 2014, 08:23
National Flag:
FranceFrance

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby beber » Mon, 13 Nov 2017, 18:41

I read somewhere that Matiashvili started rugby only 4 years ago. From which sport he comes from? At which level he played? Thanks!

Posts: 179
Joined: Fri, 24 Apr 2015, 15:12
Location: Amsterdam
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby sandro » Mon, 13 Nov 2017, 21:02

Basketball and snowboarding don’t know the level.

Posts: 723
Joined: Thu, 16 Jul 2015, 17:26
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Mon, 13 Nov 2017, 23:17

David Kacharava georgian center after 100th cap

https://img.forum.ge/JMiL3irriLGq.jpg

User avatar
Posts: 633
Joined: Sat, 19 Apr 2014, 14:41
National Flag:
NetherlandsNetherlands

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby NedRugby » Wed, 15 Nov 2017, 11:18


Posts: 1403
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 09:18
Location: Bucharest
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby amz » Wed, 15 Nov 2017, 12:33

The European Nations does not push us as it should do,” said Haig, an avuncular 53-year-old New Zealander who started his senior coaching career as Vern Cotter’s assistant at Bay of Plenty and recommended his successor, Joe Schmidt. “When we get to the November window, we find the gulf between that level and tier one is astronomical. We have had five of these games since 2011, less than half Fiji and Samoa have had, and the question that has to be asked is where is our progression?
“We have shown in the last two years that we have outgrown the European Nations, with no disrespect to the likes of Russia and a team we lost to earlier this year, Romania, but we have reached the stage where we put 54 points on Canada, as we did last week, and I am not happy because the performance was not good enough. We are doing all that is expected of us and I would love to have another match against a leading side after Wales because we could measure ourselves. How do we gauge improvement?”


Quality trolling. Georgia are to the fore of T2 teams needing to be pushed further so is Japan, Islanders, Romania, USA, Canada...
But it's a bit short-sighted to say it should be us now 'cause we need it, rather than it should simply be part of the process for whoever. You never know when you might lose a game you shouldn't and then you can too easily undermine the argument they're putting forward. Despite the margin vs Canada, I do think that was more due to the lack of organization in Canadian camp and some good and lucky personal tries rather than a visible grow in game. Sure, Matiashvili was good but the other youngsters from wings were poor although personally I expected Koshadze to be close to Soso's level.

Anyway, we are better than Romania despite being beneath them, this is a summary nice to read this directly from the coach. As I said, quality trolling :thumbup:

Posts: 1251
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2014, 18:27
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby GeoRugby » Wed, 15 Nov 2017, 16:14

Quality trolling. Georgia are to the fore of T2 teams needing to be pushed further so is Japan, Islanders, Romania, USA, Canada...
But it's a bit short-sighted to say it should be us now 'cause we need it, rather than it should simply be part of the process for whoever. You never know when you might lose a game you shouldn't and then you can too easily undermine the argument they're putting forward. Despite the margin vs Canada, I do think that was more due to the lack of organization in Canadian camp and some good and lucky personal tries rather than a visible grow in game. Sure, Matiashvili was good but the other youngsters from wings were poor although personally I expected Koshadze to be close to Soso's level.

Anyway, we are better than Romania despite being beneath them, this is a summary nice to read this directly from the coach. As I said, quality trolling :thumbup:


Trolling Georgian victory and the coach? Same old material. You not tired yet?

Posts: 715
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 20:56
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby fullbackace » Wed, 15 Nov 2017, 16:36

amz wrote:The European Nations does not push us as it should do,” said Haig, an avuncular 53-year-old New Zealander who started his senior coaching career as Vern Cotter’s assistant at Bay of Plenty and recommended his successor, Joe Schmidt. “When we get to the November window, we find the gulf between that level and tier one is astronomical. We have had five of these games since 2011, less than half Fiji and Samoa have had, and the question that has to be asked is where is our progression?
“We have shown in the last two years that we have outgrown the European Nations, with no disrespect to the likes of Russia and a team we lost to earlier this year, Romania, but we have reached the stage where we put 54 points on Canada, as we did last week, and I am not happy because the performance was not good enough. We are doing all that is expected of us and I would love to have another match against a leading side after Wales because we could measure ourselves. How do we gauge improvement?”


Quality trolling. Georgia are to the fore of T2 teams needing to be pushed further so is Japan, Islanders, Romania, USA, Canada...
But it's a bit short-sighted to say it should be us now 'cause we need it, rather than it should simply be part of the process for whoever. You never know when you might lose a game you shouldn't and then you can too easily undermine the argument they're putting forward. Despite the margin vs Canada, I do think that was more due to the lack of organization in Canadian camp and some good and lucky personal tries rather than a visible grow in game. Sure, Matiashvili was good but the other youngsters from wings were poor although personally I expected Koshadze to be close to Soso's level.

Anyway, we are better than Romania despite being beneath them, this is a summary nice to read this directly from the coach. As I said, quality trolling :thumbup:



Is it already February in Romania ? :lol:
Don't Pray For Easy lives, Pray for enough Beer!

Posts: 1674
Joined: Tue, 06 Oct 2015, 22:54
National Flag:
SpainSpain

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby Armchair Fan » Wed, 15 Nov 2017, 18:20


Posts: 131
Joined: Mon, 28 Nov 2016, 20:57
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby datodato » Wed, 15 Nov 2017, 22:47

amz wrote:The European Nations does not push us as it should do,” said Haig, an avuncular 53-year-old New Zealander who started his senior coaching career as Vern Cotter’s assistant at Bay of Plenty and recommended his successor, Joe Schmidt. “When we get to the November window, we find the gulf between that level and tier one is astronomical. We have had five of these games since 2011, less than half Fiji and Samoa have had, and the question that has to be asked is where is our progression?
“We have shown in the last two years that we have outgrown the European Nations, with no disrespect to the likes of Russia and a team we lost to earlier this year, Romania, but we have reached the stage where we put 54 points on Canada, as we did last week, and I am not happy because the performance was not good enough. We are doing all that is expected of us and I would love to have another match against a leading side after Wales because we could measure ourselves. How do we gauge improvement?”


Quality trolling. Georgia are to the fore of T2 teams needing to be pushed further so is Japan, Islanders, Romania, USA, Canada...
But it's a bit short-sighted to say it should be us now 'cause we need it, rather than it should simply be part of the process for whoever. You never know when you might lose a game you shouldn't and then you can too easily undermine the argument they're putting forward. Despite the margin vs Canada, I do think that was more due to the lack of organization in Canadian camp and some good and lucky personal tries rather than a visible grow in game. Sure, Matiashvili was good but the other youngsters from wings were poor although personally I expected Koshadze to be close to Soso's level.

Anyway, we are better than Romania despite being beneath them, this is a summary nice to read this directly from the coach. As I said, quality trolling :thumbup:


You are such a hater. And I laughed so hard when I read your post, because I imagined how you were absolutely triggered when you read that article haha. Ah... great evening.

Posts: 1251
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2014, 18:27
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby GeoRugby » Wed, 15 Nov 2017, 23:46

According to this chart, the tickets are selling nicely. Could be close to sellout. Hopefully it is accurate.

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/principali ... emref=3577

Posts: 1403
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 09:18
Location: Bucharest
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby amz » Thu, 16 Nov 2017, 07:06

datodato wrote:You are such a hater. And I laughed so hard when I read your post, because I imagined how you were absolutely triggered when you read that article haha. Ah... great evening.


:lol: :thumbup:

fullbackace wrote:Is it already February in Romania ? :lol:


Just the warm up before Christmas break but it seems one of your compatriots is butt hurt and have visions about me ;)

Posts: 476
Joined: Sun, 07 Dec 2014, 20:31
National Flag:
WalesWales

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby Figaro » Thu, 16 Nov 2017, 08:00

GeoRugby wrote:According to this chart, the tickets are selling nicely. Could be close to sellout. Hopefully it is accurate.

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/principali ... emref=3577


They don't open the seats on the northern side of the stadium until the rest is pretty much full, they then put a great big flag on those seats:
Image

So "No Availability" doesn't necessarily mean the seats in a given area are filled/sold out.

Posts: 723
Joined: Thu, 16 Jul 2015, 17:26
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Thu, 16 Nov 2017, 08:28

Today is the day. Both teams must name their 23.

2 days left. . .

Posts: 131
Joined: Mon, 28 Nov 2016, 20:57
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby datodato » Thu, 16 Nov 2017, 10:36

What a huge Rugby weekend. Romania will be interesting, Germany vs. USA will be huge and all die other games as well. Of course Geo vs. Wales. Nearly ever match will be absolutely interesting. Can‘t wait any longer!

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 14 guests