Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Georgia (Lelos)

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby datodato » Fri, 31 Mar 2017, 14:15

I saw the line up for Clermont - Toulon. What about Kolelishvili and Gorgodze? Why aren't they playing.

Another question: I know Zira left the Lelos but is there a chance he would play 2019? We could need another good tight head behind Levan.

National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Postby Neptune » Fri, 31 Mar 2017, 14:22

datodato wrote:I saw the line up for Clermont - Toulon. What about Kolelishvili and Gorgodze? Why aren't they playing.

Another question: I know Zira left the Lelos but is there a chance he would play 2019? We could need another good tight head behind Levan.

datodato, kindly answer my question below. :P

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby beber » Fri, 31 Mar 2017, 17:33

Kolelishvili had too many concussions and is not allowed to play during 3 months
Gorgodze is injured since the game against Romania according to his club

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby datodato » Sat, 01 Apr 2017, 15:01

thanks @beber

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Sun, 02 Apr 2017, 17:06

Georgia U18 left to France for Europe U18 championship. (+USA, Canada, Japan)
Tournament will held from 6-16 April.
1st round:
France - Spain
Georgia - Canada
Japan - Belgium
Usa - Portugal

Georgia U20 finished the first phase of training yesterday. They will rest until 10 April and 2nd phase starts.
Coaching stuff made a comment about the situation in the team:
"Final training session begin so first 3 weeks we were training our physical conditions, power and muscle, also we were training our stamina to keep up with t1 nations.
1st phase is over, our guys are doing well and results are incredible. they will rest for 9 days and continue training with a ball, but physical training will not stop"
"Our goal is to keep our place in U20 RWC but everything is possible during the tournament. Players are getting more muscle mass, speed, power and from 10 april they will work for ball skills"
8 players will join the team prior to tournament from France and 1 from England

National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Postby ragbicoach » Mon, 03 Apr 2017, 07:08

Back in Georgia and as usual cannot find a schedule for next weekend on thee Georgia Rugby site. Am I looking in the wrong place? Could anyone please let me know what matches are on next Saturday and Sunday and where. Thanks a lot!

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Mon, 03 Apr 2017, 09:31

ragbicoach wrote:Back in Georgia and as usual cannot find a schedule for next weekend on thee Georgia Rugby site. Am I looking in the wrong place? Could anyone please let me know what matches are on next Saturday and Sunday and where. Thanks a lot!

Bagrati - AIA Kutaisi will be held in Kutaisi
Lelo saracens - Lokomotivi will be held on lelo arena
Armazi - Jiki gori
Army - Kochebi
Academy - Batumi

It is a last round.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Mon, 03 Apr 2017, 15:26

rugbyxv.ge published an article about 2017 REC
after describing all debuts and statistics they made the conclusion of the tournament.

"Rugby Europe's tournaments is like a morass.

This is an organisation without any motivation and without any influence.

After (England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and Italy) refusing to play in U18 rugby championship, because as they say their children are suffering psychological injury when loosing to Georgian children, RE did nothing at all to hold the tournament in control. Yes they dont have any influence but tragically they dont have enough courage to create this influence. So its already 2 years Englans, Ireland, Wales, Scotland and Italy dont play in this tournament. France was the only team who did not refuse to play in tournament.

Everybody remembers how fast World Rugby seized European spot in RWC after 2015 RWC. Only this fact is enough to see actual authority of Rugby Europe.

Few weeks ago President of RE crowned defeated Georgian team with a RE champions title by mistake and congratulating to Lelos for "deserved title". This kind of comedy happens in RE.

This is an organisation who was not able to demand TV translation from member countries in Europe who are far more developed than Georgia.
Video referee is a dream for REC. Quality of TV translation as horrible as stadiums and commentaries on steam.
Quality of the teams is very low and bad translation is making the matches non watchable. Even high class teams match will be horrible to watch with current translation. Considering this circumstances it is nor realistic to develop the tournament and increase fans.

It may look funny to talk about low class teams and tournament after defeat of Georgia but we cant say that Georgian defeat was Romanian merit. No. We must search the reason in our team. Romania did not show us anything new in their play. It was same old Romania and their standard tactics and squad.
This awful performance is caused:
1 - Not having a fast ball from rucks. Our new Australian forwards coach is trying new tactics - not involving in Rucks with lots of players to create spaces on the flanks. But his tactics must be tested after training new techniques to clear the rucks with few players. Romanians were able to slow down/Turn over the ball from rucks.
2 - low creativity and slow passes. Lelos were not showing creativity in attack and were passing slowly from flank to flank without gaining any territory or even loosing it to Oaks.
3 - N9 and Fly half. Vasil Lobzhanidze was looking worse than before. He has not enough playing time in Top 14, we think it would be better for him to play regularly in Pro2D team than playing 70 mins in a season with Brive.
Lasha Khmaladze is very dangerous during attack but he was called in National team immediately after healing the awful injury. Khmaladze was a Shadow of himself during this season.

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby beber » Mon, 03 Apr 2017, 18:52

beber wrote:Georgia U18 sponsored by Altrad ?

I got my answer
http://site.rugby.ge/ka-GE/news-view/?n ... 8%E1%83%A1

Here is U18 squad for "European Championship"

Forwards : Giorgi Akhaladze (Aia Kutaisi), Luka Chelidze (Lelo Saracens), Soso Chkoidze (Lelo Saracens), Vano Karkadze (Aia Kutaisi), Gia Kharaishvili (Khashuri), Luka Azariashvili (Montpellier, France), Luka Gelashvili (Jiki Gori), Saba Jgharkava (Lelo Saracens), Nika Tsivtsivadze (Aia Kutaisi), Rati Zhorzholiani (Lelo Saracens, Captain), Beka Koriauli (Lelo Saracens), Joni Lashaghashvili (Chokhosnebi), Gigi Leskhasheli (Bagrati Kutaisi), Koba Kolotauri (Lelo Saracens)

Backs : Saba Khurtsilava (Armazi Tbilisi), Mikheil Alania (Chokhosnebi), Tedo Abzhanadze (Aia Kutaisi), Revaz Karazishvili (Locomotive Tbilisi), Gocha Chanadiri (Armazi Tbilisi), Lasha Lomidze (Aia Kutaisi), Demur Tapladze (Lelo Saracens), Irakli Simsive (Aia Kutaisi), Otar Dzagnidze (Aia Kutaisi), Konstantin Marjanishvili (Chokhosnebi), Levan Narimanidze (Kharebi Rustavi), Giorgi Asatiani (Lelo Saracens)

Aia and Lelo send the higher amount of players (7 each). First time I see Chokhosnebi and they have 3 players selected. Where this team is come from?

Who are the players to watch? I've heard there are many underage players in this squad.
I know that Lasha Lomidze (fly half or inside centre) is a very good prospect and an accurate goalkicker.
Tedo Abzhanadze started both games at flyhalf for Georgia U20 last november.
Probably prop Luka Azariashvili, playing for Montpellier Academy and was already in the U18 squad last year

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby beber » Mon, 03 Apr 2017, 21:50

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:rugbyxv.ge published an article about 2017 REC
after describing all debuts and statistics they made the conclusion of the tournament.

3 - N9 and Fly half. Vasil Lobzhanidze was looking worse than before. He has not enough playing time in Top 14, we think it would be better for him to play regularly in Pro2D team than playing 70 mins in a season with Brive.

I don't think so. Being the third scrumhalf in a Top14 club at 20 years old is pretty good and he already played 10 games with the first team (Challenge Cup + Top14), and started 7. He looked very good last November internationals, a bit worse this REC, but like the whole georgian team.
Next season, Pejoine will retire and Iribaren is going to Racing92. Both are replaced by former Perpignan scrumhalf Florian Cazenave, who plays for Reggio in Eccellenza (traveled to Italy since he loss an eye, now the french federation allows players to play with special glasses) and Samuel Marques, a portuguese international who plays for Toulouse (mostly a second choice player, only 1 Champions Cup appearance and 10 Top14 games).
Vaska have to wait (or hoping a teammate injury...), and taking his chance next season to be ahead Marques (a second choice player) and Cazenave (who was very good but did not play at this level since years)

In other news, Otar Giorgadze scored a powerfull try for Clermont U22 last weekend
https://youtu.be/xKisgYiIpDg?t=70

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Tue, 04 Apr 2017, 15:39

"Altrad Group" became sponsor of Georgian Rugby Union and RC AIA Kutaisi.

So Montpelier and AIA Kutaisi will exchange coaching stuff, all other western Georgian teams like RC Batumi and RC Bagrati will benefit from this.
Altrad become sponsor of AIA Kutaisi. AIA will get Financial and techniqual support
Altrad become sponsor of GRU. GRU will get Financial support
Montpelier will prepare Georgian coaches by involving them into the clubs training session and Espoirs training. Under age teams coaches will travel to Montpelier.
Montpelier will prepare video analysis stuff and supply GRU.
Montpelier's academy will arrive in summer for training in Georgia, local coaches will be involved in training

As mr. Altrad said he is willing to cooperate in long terms with GRU.

Its funny, French Businessmen are more interested in Georgian Rugby than our Government and our "Sugar daddy" who is F-ing Billionaire and never had an idea to buy local club.

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby beber » Tue, 04 Apr 2017, 15:57

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:
Its funny, French Businessmen are more interested in Georgian Rugby than our Government and our "Sugar daddy" who is F-ing Billionaire and never had an idea to buy local club.

IIRC the Government injected money into Armia Tbilisi few years ago and the team signed a lot of georgian internationals. Why they stopped that?

As for buying a team, each year there is 2 or 3 french teams from ProD2 or Federale who file for bankruptcy. This year : Bourgoin (ProD2), Auch and St Nazaire (Federale 1 Elite pool). GRU & Ivanishvili could be smart to retrieve a club in difficulty and signing a dozen of local georgians (for example Tkhilaishvili,Shubitidze, Aprasidze, Khmaladze, Koshadze, Pruidze, Matiashvili...) in order to play in ProD2 (or at least Federale1 Elite). At least until they can field a franchise in Pro12 or Super Rugby

Edit : It seem that the Ministry of Railways will sponsorise Locomotive Tbilisi

http://rugby.worldsport.ge/ge/page/6189 ... -sponsoria
Last edited by beber on Tue, 04 Apr 2017, 16:09, edited 1 time in total.

Postby 4N » Tue, 04 Apr 2017, 16:01

Good that he's focussing on the western part of the country. Eventually two provincial sides, east (Tbilisi) and west (Kutaisi), would be ideal for EPCR etc.

In ancient times Georgia was split into two kingdoms, Colchis in the west and Iberia in the east. :geek:

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Tue, 04 Apr 2017, 16:04

Those are big news about Altrad Group becoming GRU and Aia`s sponsor. Aia will wear their logo on the shirts as well.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby sandro » Tue, 04 Apr 2017, 17:45

Some great news! The biggest problem in Georgian rugby is the absence of money/sponsors/investors talent there js plenty.
So now we have 3 seriously financial backed clubs in Georgia (please correct me if i'm wrong)
LELO, AIA, Lokomotivi and Armia?

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Tue, 04 Apr 2017, 17:48

sandro wrote:So now we have 3 seriously financial backed clubs in Georgia (please correct me if i'm wrong)

That's 4 ;)

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Tue, 04 Apr 2017, 19:13

Challenge cup experience will be good, waiting for 2018 qualifications.

There must be additional 5 million to enter Pro12, thats crucial!!

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Tue, 04 Apr 2017, 19:31

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:Challenge cup experience will be good, waiting for 2018 qualifications.

There must be additional 5 million to enter Pro12, thats crucial!!

Having a sponsor like Altrad, does increase chances of having at least one Georgian club in Continental Shield.

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby Coloradoan » Tue, 04 Apr 2017, 23:12

I see San Diego State is on a tour to Georgia. They have some cool videos of the tour. Good mix of rugby, sightseeing and building bridges between our two countries.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/statehits/videos/

National Flag:

Postby DoncasterKSrugby » Wed, 05 Apr 2017, 08:30

St Davids College from Wales have been touring Georgia at under15s level. Crazy to see the photos some of the Georgian 15 year olds look like fully grown adults

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby sandro » Wed, 05 Apr 2017, 09:50

amz wrote:
sandro wrote:So now we have 3 seriously financial backed clubs in Georgia (please correct me if i'm wrong)

That's 4 ;)

Thats because i'm not sure if Armia is still backed by the ministery of defence. :)

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Thu, 06 Apr 2017, 11:42

ragbicoach wrote:Back in Georgia and as usual cannot find a schedule for next weekend on thee Georgia Rugby site. Am I looking in the wrong place? Could anyone please let me know what matches are on next Saturday and Sunday and where. Thanks a lot!

18th round - Final round

Armazi - RC Jiki Gori: 8 April, 14:00, Shevardeni Base
Lelo Saracens - Lokomotivi: 8 April, 14:00, Lelo arena
Academy - RC Batumi: 8 April, 14:00, Matkopi
Army - RC Kochebi: 8 April, 14:00, Rustavi
Bagrati - RC AIA Kutaisi: 8 April, 14:00, Kutaisi

GRU president announced that they agree to participate in Challenge cup. They may be backed by Tbilisi Mayor and few sponsors.
2nd spot in Challenge cup will also be filled with 2nd team from Didi 10. This spots were rejected by GRU due to financial problema and were used by other countries to field their team. GRU will use both spots in Challenge cup and they are seeking for sponsors.
He said GRU have found Solid sponsor and Didi10 winner will get solid financial support.
We may see AIA Kutaisi in challenge cup backed by Altrad Group and Montpelier.

National Flag:

Postby ragbicoach » Fri, 07 Apr 2017, 11:31

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:

18th round - Final round

Thanks, where is "Lelo Arena"?

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Fri, 07 Apr 2017, 13:09

ragbicoach wrote:
RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:

18th round - Final round

Thanks, where is "Lelo Arena"?

Didi Digomi district, Giorgi Brtskinvale street, Lelo Saracens official ground.

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby beber » Sat, 08 Apr 2017, 14:35

Four 1996-born georgians on Top14 and ProD2 fields this weekend !

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum