Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Georgia (Lelos)

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby datodato » Thu, 15 Jun 2017, 19:43

sandro wrote:
datodato wrote:Guys, I'm in Tbilisi for the last two legs of the U20 World Cup. I know the site rugbystore.ge, they have good merchendising articles and fair prices. Does anyone know where their store is in Tbilisi? Would be nice if someone could tell me. Thanks in advance lads!

TBC bank at Chavchavadze ave. vake.

Thank you. :thumbup:

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby sandro » Fri, 16 Jun 2017, 09:16

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Fri, 16 Jun 2017, 09:39

Montpellier looks like the new Toulon this days. Lobzhanidze will have a very tough competition with this little guy.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Fri, 16 Jun 2017, 09:53

great news. Looks like Montpellier's scouts noticed him on Day1 vs Argentina.

Abzhandadze is next to go.

Spanderashvili, Jaiani, Gogichashvili, Machaladze will sign for sure.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby sandro » Fri, 16 Jun 2017, 12:15

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:great news. Looks like Montpellier's scouts noticed him on Day1 vs Argentina.

Abzhandadze is next to go.

Spanderashvili, Jaiani, Gogichashvili, Machaladze will sign for sure.

The whole rugby world noticed him by his 60m kick :D
Abzhandadze has 2 u20 WC's ahead of him so he has all the time, i'm more concerned about Modebadze he could't really shine due his injury he was absent the whole preperation period and this was his last u20 WC too bad ((

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Fri, 16 Jun 2017, 14:00

If it is true, it`s fully deserved. He is one of the standout players in this tournament.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Fri, 16 Jun 2017, 17:34

Gela Aprasidze confirmed 3 year contract with Montpelier!!!!!

few Top14's clubs were interested in him and he chose Montpelier in the name of Mr. Altrad! :D
Great news and hope we will see him on the bench soon.

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby beber » Mon, 19 Jun 2017, 20:16

Karlen Asieshvili named as best loosehead prop of the Top14 season by Rugbyrama

http://www.rugbyrama.fr/rugby/top-14/20 ... tory.shtml

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby datodato » Fri, 23 Jun 2017, 11:22

I don't get the selection.. Kacharava, Todua, Bekoshvili... Where is Koshadze? I would also give Miminoshvili a chance at 15. But good to see Mchedlidze back. Hope our boys will not let us down but they had a long and difficult season in France. Nice to see they still want to play for their country. Romanians and Georgians have a different aproach to their National Teams than many Fijians, Somoans or Tongans it seems.

P.S.: Great to see Romania playing so well. In the moment they even look better than Georgia one could argue. Will be a great test next year in the REC.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Fri, 23 Jun 2017, 12:04

datodato wrote:. Romanians and Georgians have a different aproach to their National Teams than many Fijians, Somoans or Tongans it seems.

Most islanders i met are very patriotic but unfortunately for them have really shit Unions. If you got injured playing for your country and your union doesn't help you at least with some insurance (you lose money also in this time not only your health) than is very hard to ever comeback to play for them. This was happening to Romanians players also in the past, fortunately we live better times now. Rugby this days is meaning a lot more than good players but good officials& managers and looks like Pacific Unions have a big problem in this sector.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby datodato » Fri, 23 Jun 2017, 14:10

By the way I forgot which game it was but I saw a Ref from Romania in a Guiness 12 game... I think it was the Semi-Final Leinster vs. Scarlets and he was really good. Looks like Romania is also strong in this area, but you have a better league than Georgia so you have to have better Refs as well I guess. Marius Mitrea is his name, I looked him up.

National Flag:
ScotlandScotland

Postby Bruce_ma_goose » Fri, 23 Jun 2017, 14:16

Italy claimed Mitrea as one of their own :)

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Fri, 23 Jun 2017, 14:28

He is Italian now and he refs some big games already on international stage. Good on him.
PS. Some strange thing is that he was delegated at Romania-Canada at world cup like touch judge. How in earth they find this appropriate is beyond me, luckily he is a good ref and he doesn't make any blunder.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby datodato » Fri, 23 Jun 2017, 15:02

I also saw that Sharikadze now is the new Captain, which is a great decision by the coaches I believe. He is a outstanding player and really good guy. And I remember his interview after the Argentina game at the RWC15, where he was nearly crying because they lost. He seems to have a big hart, is a patriot and has huge discipline, I have never seen him giving a penalty away or do something stupid.

And nobody here really noted it, but Georgias prospect is bright. We have great young players, coaches and facilities now. We now need to develop our league, school rugby and most of all educate the public about rugby as for example they should respect the kicker and don't scream at the ref. While I noticed the development of the Didi10 in little steps, I don't know anything about schoolboys rugby. Is there any effort to develop a system there? That would be really YUGE.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby sandro » Sun, 25 Jun 2017, 13:27

According to wikipedia Georgia will play Canada and the USA again in november! This is ludicrous why on earth play Canada and USA twice in one year? Concidering the curent form of Fiji this test would have counted as a Tier 1 test.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Sun, 25 Jun 2017, 13:58

sandro wrote:According to wikipedia Georgia will play Canada and the USA again in november! This is ludicrous why on earth play Canada and USA twice in one year? Concidering the curent form of Fiji this test would have counted as a Tier 1 test.

On GRU website it`s Fiji and Tonga, on Wikipedia it`s Canada and USA. Rugby Canada`s twitter mentioned playing Georgia, so I don`t know. I guess we have to wait for official confirmation by GRU.

And nobody here really noted it, but Georgias prospect is bright. We have great young players, coaches and facilities now.

Not going to dispute that. U20 World championships proved it.
Last edited by GeoRugby on Sun, 25 Jun 2017, 14:02, edited 2 times in total.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Sun, 25 Jun 2017, 13:58

sandro wrote:According to wikipedia Georgia will play Canada and the USA again in november! This is ludicrous why on earth play Canada and USA twice in one year? Concidering the curent form of Fiji this test would have counted as a Tier 1 test.

Knowing how these tests are made, we should probably be happy it's not Brazil and Korea.
Don't Pray For Easy lives, Pray for enough Beer!

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Sun, 25 Jun 2017, 14:09

fullbackace wrote:

Knowing how these tests are made, we should probably be happy it's not Brazil and Korea.

I`m content that Georgia is guaranteed one tier1 test this November, but I would love if Fiji came to Georgia. A home game against Fiji and another one against Canada/USA would be perfect.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby sandro » Sun, 25 Jun 2017, 14:43

Well what can I say, it's disapointing..

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby tryman » Mon, 26 Jun 2017, 22:16

How has the summer tour gone down in Georgian media? 2 out of 3 wins plus a respectable scoreline while scoring a great try against Argentina, it can't have been too bad?

Hosting the U20s went down very well around the world, great job GRU.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Tue, 27 Jun 2017, 13:21

tryman wrote:How has the summer tour gone down in Georgian media? 2 out of 3 wins plus a respectable scoreline while scoring a great try against Argentina, it can't have been too bad?

Hosting the U20s went down very well around the world, great job GRU.

It`s gone down positively. Overall, a successful summer tour once again. The only negative is that few players got injured. Hopefully they`ll recover in time for the new season.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Thu, 29 Jun 2017, 12:27

Giorgi Melikidze extended his contract with Stade Francias.

Gela Aprasidze Signed his contract today, he will play for Montpellier

I found Photos of Lasha Jaiani 2 years ago:

and now:

He gained extra 18 kilos in 2 years,from 88 to 105kg right now and still 19 years (1998). He needs 10 more kilos and few more years and will become good 2'd row player.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Fri, 30 Jun 2017, 22:30

So USA and Canada in november, again.

I expect huge point difference specially for last test after Wales.

2017 november USA Wales and Canada.

2018 summer tour to Japan, Fiji and Samoa.

2018 november: Fiji, Tonga in Georgia and t1 test.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Fri, 30 Jun 2017, 23:25

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:So USA and Canada in november, again.

I expect huge point difference specially for last test after Wales.

Last time we expected huge point difference we lost to the Eagles. so hopefully we'll take it more seriously this time.

as we say, don't shout before you jump ;)
Don't Pray For Easy lives, Pray for enough Beer!

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Sat, 01 Jul 2017, 03:50

Can someone have their own opinion and talk about it on forum without your permission?

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum