Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Georgia (Lelos)

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby GeoRugby » Sun, 29 Oct 2017, 04:14

This weekend in Didi10 Aia Kutaisi(currently 1st place) beat Bagrati(last place) in Kutaisi derby 67-5. Mirian Modebadze who is in the Haigs training squad, scored 5 tries. I say give the kid a chance and play him at some point on November tests:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7PQod57Wrg

Postby ihateblazers » Sun, 29 Oct 2017, 05:33

fullbackace wrote:
GeoRugby wrote:
Figaro wrote:
RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:Well, 2 promising Locks arr currently in U20 team, both born in 1998 and it is still not right to put them in senior squad due to physical issus. They will come handy after 2019 RWC buy untill than Georgia has enough Locks like
Nemsadze
Mikautadze
Tcheishvili
Maisuradze
And guys from French championships.

Anyeays i dont think Canada is much of a threat, Wales match will be huge and that USA who are in better shape than Canadians but dont stand a chance in Tbilisi.

I have tickets for the Wales game, am getting hyped! What do you guys think of your chances? The average Welsh fan has the game down as the only one we will win this Autumn; they're playing Australia the week before and New Zealand the week after so they will want to rest some key players. Gatland has named an "experimental" Wales squad with the least experience we've seen in years - there are 5 uncapped players and another 6 who won their first caps on the summer tour of the Pacific Islands; 15 of the 36 have fewer than 10 caps. I don't think Georgia will win but we often do fairly badly against the T2 teams in the Autumn; last year we nearly lost to Japan, a couple of years ago we only beat Tonga by 8 points or so and we've lost to Samoa in the past. I think Georgia will surprise the Wales fans and be within a score.

Wales should win, but Georgia have been slowly improving against tier 1 nations. There is a clear progress. Biggest problem is discipline. Georgian players always get sinbinned(justly or not) whenever they play against tier1, and when that happens, they always find themselves in trouble. If they can improve in that area, I think it will be an entertaining game.

I'm pretty pessimistic tbh, our best players either retired or are on the verge of retirement. Youngsters aren't on the level to bet Tier 1 teams yet.

Speaking in general terms, but Wales tend to struggle against teams which have dynamic power (pacific islands, nZ, oz) whilst they seem to handle static/macho power better (SA, Arg, Italy, England). If Georgia try to arm wrestle Wales or just smash into them that will play into their hands.

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Sun, 29 Oct 2017, 15:15

რაგბის გალაქტიონი
ragbis galaktioni

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Thu, 02 Nov 2017, 08:43

After 7 rouds Didi10 looks like this:

1- AIA Kutaisi +119 29
2- Lelo Saracens +31 22
3- Kharebi Rustav. +11 21
4- Jiki Gori +29 21
5- Lokomotive +31 19
6- RC Batumi +72 18
7- RC Armazi -24 13
8- RC Army -90 9
9- Academy -43 6
10- Bagrati -136 5

Aia is leading the championship!
Batumi RC on 6th place.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby umea » Thu, 02 Nov 2017, 12:59

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:Batumi RC on 6th place.

Batumi has one game in hand, potentially they are 2nd.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby DrRUGBY » Thu, 02 Nov 2017, 21:43

DIDI 10, TOP 5 LELO (Try) of Match Day

VOTE IN VIDEO COMMENTS

National Flag:
WalesWales

Postby Figaro » Fri, 03 Nov 2017, 08:28

ihateblazers wrote:Speaking in general terms, but Wales tend to struggle against teams which have dynamic power (pacific islands, nZ, oz) whilst they seem to handle static/macho power better (SA, Arg, Italy, England). If Georgia try to arm wrestle Wales or just smash into them that will play into their hands.

I think that is a fair assessment of where we have been for the past few years.

Of course they will be playing some new caps and less experienced players against Georgia so may be more vulnerable to the traditional ball-up-the-jersey approach.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Fri, 03 Nov 2017, 14:48

GRU president Gocha Svanidze met with fans yesterday and answered their questions. Few interesting tid-bits from him from GRU page:

That 6N U20 tournament that would serve as a warm up for U20 Worlds won`t take place after all. Instead they are offering Georgia U20,a one week training with either England or Wales, where a game could take place. Also Georgia will visit France where they'll have a game against France U20. Also very likely there will be a South Africa tour in May.

In June 2018, Georgia will play Japan and Pi`s(still unknown which teams), and in November 2018, Georgia will host couple of PI teams as well as play Italy.

Also on May 31, 2018, Georgia will host a "surprise" team. Wonder what that's all about.

Next U18 European championship will take place without Japan or Canada.

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby vino_93 » Fri, 03 Nov 2017, 15:45

Barbarians ?

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Fri, 03 Nov 2017, 15:48

vino_93 wrote:Barbarians ?

One of the forum.ge users mentioned French Barbarians, but nothing official yet.

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby vino_93 » Fri, 03 Nov 2017, 15:51

Not as good as real babaas, but it would make sense.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Fri, 03 Nov 2017, 19:17

GeoRugby wrote:GRU president Gocha Svanidze met with fans yesterday and answered their questions. Few interesting tid-bits from him from GRU page:

That 6N U20 tournament that would serve as a warm up for U20 Worlds won`t take place after all. Instead they are offering Georgia U20,a one week training with either England or Wales, where a game could take place. Also Georgia will visit France where they'll have a game against France U20. Also very likely there will be a South Africa tour in May.

In June 2018, Georgia will play Japan and Pi`s(still unknown which teams), and in November 2018, Georgia will host couple of PI teams as well as play Italy.

Also on May 31, 2018, Georgia will host a "surprise" team. Wonder what that's all about.

any written source?

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Fri, 03 Nov 2017, 20:49

amz wrote:
GeoRugby wrote:GRU president Gocha Svanidze met with fans yesterday and answered their questions. Few interesting tid-bits from him from GRU page:

any written source?

All of it from GRU presidents meeting with fans. They posted it on their website. It's in Georgian so I didn't provide the link. I don't know of other written sources.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Sat, 04 Nov 2017, 08:47

GeoRugby wrote:
amz wrote:

any written source?

All of it from GRU presidents meeting with fans. They posted it on their website. It's in Georgian so I didn't provide the link. I don't know of other written sources.

A link in Georgian would be great if possible, thank you in advance.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby umea » Sat, 04 Nov 2017, 10:34

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Sat, 04 Nov 2017, 10:52

umea wrote:http://rugby.worldsport.ge/ge/page/6828_shexvedra-qomagebtan

Thank you very much! :thumbup:

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Sun, 05 Nov 2017, 16:05

*Aia Kutaissi* backs on rampage

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby datodato » Sun, 05 Nov 2017, 19:29

It's sad to see so few people going to the games, because obviously the league is far more entertaining than ever and the skilllevel and all round game is so much better... It would be beautifull to see more people going into the Stadium!

National Flag:
ArgentinaArgentina

Postby carbonero » Mon, 06 Nov 2017, 04:06

Don’t want to give false hope but this is interesting. Atrad is set to become the name sponsor of the 6 Nations. It’s the Daily Mail but this guy first reported the Italy-Georgia test: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... tions.html

And two weeks ago: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... ken-up.htm
Challenging the status quo, he sponsors the home-town club of Georgian prop Mikheil Nariashvili and is backing the campaign to open up the Six Nations.
‘Why are Georgia not in the Six Nations?’ he asks. ‘Money. It is a poor country which has always been oppressed by Russia. I sponsor the national team, local club of our prop and promised to do everything I can. Rugby is not very multicultural.’

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Mon, 06 Nov 2017, 07:37

Bath owner resisted altrad to buy the club in premiership? Wow. Keep it up.

I hope something will change soon. Something good and positive.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby umea » Mon, 06 Nov 2017, 14:29

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby beber » Mon, 06 Nov 2017, 17:35

So, out from the squad :

Davit Kubriashvili
Badri Alkhazashvili
Vakhtang Maisuradze
Otar Giorgadze

Ins

Lasha Tabidze
Giorgi Tsutskiridze

Kubriashvili seems injured, but I'm surprised about Giorgadze's replacement?! Is he also injured? Haig still prefer a young boy, Tsutskiridze, very promising it's true, but without any professional game played than the MOTM of the last EPCR round (I mean Gachechiladze) to replace him
A bit desapointed to see Vakhtang Maisuradze out. He looked in a very good shape and obviously Chkhaidze will be too old to play the next RWC.
A worrying fact is Alkhazashvili's failure to include the squad. Last year, Mamukashvili was 2d choice of a Top14 team, Bregvadze was 2d/3d choice in a Premiership team. ATM both are in a terrible shape; Mamukashvili is the third choice of the ProD2 last ranked team while Bregvadze moved to Russia, and Alkhazashvili still missed the opportunity to make the squad so he must not be in better shape than the other 2.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Mon, 06 Nov 2017, 21:58

Giorgadze is also injured i think. It seems Alkhazishvili is not meeting required standards, which is disappointing since he was one of the big prospects, He seems to be developing a lot slower than some other guys like Tabidze, Tsutskiridze and Giorgadze..
Don't Pray For Easy lives, Pray for enough Beer!

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Tue, 07 Nov 2017, 17:52

GRU has new sponsor, Caucasian giant company of car parts an import cars became sponsor of GRU.

TEGETA motors will pay GRU for advertisement abroad.

Hope they will give financial support to local club.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Thu, 09 Nov 2017, 22:21

Damn! Modebadze, Koshadze and Matiashvili in the starting lineup together ?! Color me shocked. Milton finally did what we've been asking for since 2015.
Don't Pray For Easy lives, Pray for enough Beer!

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum