Fact-File >> http://site.rugby.ge/ka-GE/2017-FF/#ROM

* came on as 7 @ 6'
* switched to 4 @ 71'

@

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby Bogdan_DC » Tue, 21 Mar 2017, 10:34

What locks option do you have? Nemsadze is great (i see him captain in place of Gorgodze) but now is injured, Mikautadtze is a solid one but not in his best form. Gorgodze as a lock can be a solution but other options?I guess Gorgodze just like Lomidze is not so happy with lock role even if he plays some times there at club.

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby beber » Tue, 21 Mar 2017, 10:57

Bogdan_DC wrote:What locks option do you have? Nemsadze is great (i see him captain in place of Gorgodze) but now is injured, Mikautadtze is a solid one but not in his best form. Gorgodze as a lock can be a solution but other options?I guess Gorgodze just like Lomidze is not so happy with lock role even if he plays some times there at club.

Gorgodze plays almost always second row with Toulon. In 17 starts, he started 14 times at lock and 3 times flanker. His coach said himself that's lock isn't Gorgodze's favorite position, but he also said that Gorgodze was reluctant to play lock but not longer.
Myself I am a former lock who played few times number8 and to be fair it's so much more fun to play in the backrow :thumbup:

Georgia is very limited at lock as there are only two very good lock (Nemsadze and Mikautadze), and Mikautadze looked very little concerned in this REC.
There are few other decent locks, Archuashvili from Steaua Bucharest, Koiava from Lelo Saracens, Maisuradze from Vannes in ProD2, few Federale1 players (Gujaraidze, Bujiashvili, Tsukhishvili) and Nodar Cheishvili from Lelo Saracens. All these players are decent but far away from Mikautadze and Nemsadze. I don't know why Haig choosen Cheishvili, maybe because he was the bigger from this list ?!

In other news, there is little paper about Basilaia in a local newspaper.
He seem a little chubby now but he is credited of very good games. However, it must be remembered that it plays in Federale3 now

Postby 4N » Tue, 21 Mar 2017, 11:03

Cheishvili should be the guy. He's a solid player, had a trial with Northampton at the start of the season.

Nemsadze is very difficult for Georgia to replace though.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Tue, 21 Mar 2017, 11:13

Why do you think Jinchvelashvili, Svanidze, Koshadze didn't have more chances to play? All of them are in the same generation as Lobzhanidze. Alright, not all of them in one match but still. Along with Sharikadze and Mchedlidze, who are both well established, these guys could have formed a good backline for the future.

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Tue, 21 Mar 2017, 11:25

... cause THEY do NOT belong to Sarries global network - EX or CURRENT

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Tue, 21 Mar 2017, 11:54

FLIDTA RISXVA wrote:... cause THEY do NOT belong to Sarries global network - EX or CURRENT

You can't be serious :)

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Tue, 21 Mar 2017, 15:27

AMZ

SADLY, I'm serious

Milton is strongly infleunces in selection by his GEO assistant,
who doubles as Lelo Saracens head coach

And former assistant, now U20 Head Coach, is also a Sarrie

Hence, current | former Sarries are treated more favorably than the REST

Whilst they were still winning, folks lived with it, but now knives will be out

@

You can figure out who belongs to that CLAN by checking this:

http://site.rugby.ge/en/news-view/?news ... $TitleUrl$

and all subsequent news-bits

*PS* Show-man Gorgodze also hails from LELO whilst
Malaghuradze is from QOCHEBI, as neglected flanker | lock *Misho* Gachechiladze is

*PPS* This is NOWAY new in RUGBY | SPORT | LIFE ... and is called NEPOTISM

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby beber » Tue, 21 Mar 2017, 15:39

Gachechiladze is an excellent flanker, looked much better than some of the players in the backrow this year

What's you are saying is crazy, but still possible...
Though, flyhalf and fullback were the weakest positions for Georgia, that's a big mistake to not trying more new blood in these positions

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Tue, 21 Mar 2017, 15:54

This doesn't sound good at all. For me looks like there are 2 lost years that could have been used to rotate young players especially in the backs and you didn't lacked talent.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Tue, 21 Mar 2017, 16:04

I was surprised they never called up Gachechiladze for any of the games as 2nd row simply lacks depth for Georgia and he was fantastic in Challenge cup play. Some very questionable moves on GRU not calling Chilachava as I said before the game it was a mistake, and it turned out to be true. If Maisuradze influences Haig to include Lelo players ahead of someone who deserves it more, then I am very disappointed. To me Malaghuradze should have played in the second half as it was clear that Khmladze is not up to par for now. Matiashvili should have been included. GRU have said numerous times that 7`s should serve as platform for getting backs for National teams and what happens? For a final game Matiashvili who is one of the most talented backs in Georgia, a country that is not spoiled on talent in this position is ignored by national team in favor on 7's team. No logic there. I hope they don't waste this guy's talent as they seem to be doing with Pruidze.

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby beber » Tue, 21 Mar 2017, 16:06

GeoRugby wrote:I was surprised they never called up Gachechiladze for any of the games as 2nd row simply lacks depth for Georgia and he was fantastic in Challenge cup play. Some very questionable moves on GRU not calling Chilachava as I said before the game it was a mistake, and it turned out to be true. If Maisuradze influences Haig to include Lelo players ahead of someone who deserves it more, then I am very disappointed. To me Malaghuradze should have played in the second half as it was clear that Khmladze is not up to par for now. Matiashvili should have been included. GRU have said numerous times that 7`s should serve a platform for getting backs for National teams and what happens? For a final game Matiashvili who is one of the most talented backs in Georgia, a country that is not spoiled on talent in this position is ignored by national team in favor on 7's team. No logic there. I hope they don't waste this guy's talent as they seemed to be doing with Pruidze.

Gachechiladze played flanker during the Challenge Cup and did not played lock for a while now (he also played in the backrow when he played in Federale1) but he was very impressive during the Challenge Cup. I agree with all other things you say

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Tue, 21 Mar 2017, 18:19

Reminds me of the time we completely ignored a boy named Giorgi Shkinin in favor of extremely average Lekso Gugava and Chkikvadze.
Don't Pray For Easy lives, Pray for enough Beer!

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Wed, 22 Mar 2017, 20:08

Georgia U18 just beat Montpellier/Narbonne combined U18 team 40-14 in their second preparation game for U18 European championships. Great result.

In the first game Georgia U18 beat Montpelleir/Beziers combined U18 team 33-17.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Sat, 25 Mar 2017, 13:26

Final preparation of U20 Lelos is already started.
U20 Lelos will spend 3 weeks in strength training, than Stormers Academy will arrive and U20 Lelos vs Stormers U20 will held 3 matches.

All U20 Georgians from France and England will join the team later.

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby beber » Sat, 25 Mar 2017, 21:00

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:Final preparation of U20 Lelos is already started.
U20 Lelos will spend 3 weeks in strength training, than Stormers Academy will arrive and U20 Lelos vs Stormers U20 will held 3 matches.

All U20 Georgians from France and England will join the team later.

Extented squad

PROPS
Lasha Tabidze (Union Bordeaux-Bègles/FRA)*
Jemal Shatirishvili (La Rochelle/FRA)
Omar Odishvili (Pau/FRA)
Ushang Cheishvili (Montpellier/FRA)*
Guram Papidze (Lyon/FRA)
Guram Gogichaishvili (Locomotive Tbilisi)
Revaz Dugladze (Lelo Saracens)
Petre Jincharadze (Aia Kutaisi)
Ivane Gelashvili (Vepkhvebi)
Giorgi Nutsubidze (Jiki Gori)

HOOKERS
Levan Chavchavadze (Armia Tbilisi)
Levan Papidze (Lelo Saracens)
Tengiz Zamtaradze (Lelo Saracens)

LOCKS
Lasha Jaiani (Exeter University/ENG)
Koba Jimsheleishvili (Jiki Gori)
Tornike Akubardia (Kharebi Rustavi)
Giga Grigalashvili (Lelo Saracens)
Beka Saginadze (Lelo Saracens)

BACKROW
Sandro Mamamtavrishvili (Tbs University)
Ilia Spanderashvili (Armia Tbilisi)*
Arsen Machaladze (Aia Kutaisi)
Shota Areshidze (Aia Kutaisi)
Giorgi Nutsubidze (Aia Kutiasi)
Tornike Jalaghonia (Khuligana)
Gela Makharashvili (Akademia Tbilisi)
Aleksandre Kalmakhlidze (Armia Tbilisi)

SCRUMHALVES
Gela Aprasidze (Lelo Saracens)*
Aleksandre Nakhutsrishvili (Armia Tbilisi)
Luka Dvalishvili (Armazi Tbilisi)

FLYHALVES
Tedo Abzhanadze (Aia Kutaisi)
Davit Modzghvrishvili (Akademia Tbilisi)*

CENTRES
Giorgi Gogoladze (Montpellier/FRA)
Saba Svimonishvili (Sharks Academy/RSA)
Giorgi Kveseladze (Lelo Saracens)*
Bezhan Gavashelishvili (Lelo Saracens)
Sandro Svanidze (Armazi Tbilisi)
Giorgi Tsiklauri (Jiki Gori)

WINGERS
Luka Yurin (Lyon/FRA)
Davit Meskhi (Armia Tbilisi)*
Lado Miminoshvili (Batumi)*
Akaki Tabutsadze (Lelo Saracens)

FULLBACKS
Mirian Modebadze (Aia Kutaisi)*
Beka Mamukashvili (Lelo Saracens)

* denotes 2016 U20 World Championship players

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby zob79 » Sat, 25 Mar 2017, 21:16

Can someone of our Georgian friends help me with some info about Ilya Surguladze, pls?

National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Postby ragbicoach » Sun, 26 Mar 2017, 06:51

GeoRugby wrote:Matiashvili should have been included. GRU have said numerous times that 7`s should serve as platform for getting backs for National teams and what happens? For a final game Matiashvili who is one of the most talented backs in Georgia, a country that is not spoiled on talent in this position is ignored by national team in favor on 7's team. No logic there. I hope they don't waste this guy's talent as they seem to be doing with Pruidze.

Fully agree with this. He played really well on his debut, looked one of the better players on the pitch and no problem "stepping up" to International XVs. I was very surprised to then see him off to 7s training rather than in the squad against Romania.

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby beber » Mon, 27 Mar 2017, 17:36

Kvirikashvili scored 34 pts including 4 tries last week against Kochebi. But TBH, defense looks soooo weak. Looks like he played against childs
http://rugby.worldsport.ge/ge/page/6166 ... keri-video

In other news, there is a 1996 born scrum half who plays for US Primavera Roma in Serie A (Italy's second division), Otar Kemoklidze.
Last year he played few Eccellenza games at wing, now he shares the position with the veteran Nicola Leonardi (+100 Eccellenza games) in Serie A
He is also a good goalkicker. He had and ACL injury two months ago, hope he will be back in shape.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Mon, 27 Mar 2017, 17:41

zob79 wrote:Can someone of our Georgian friends help me with some info about Ilya Surguladze, pls?

I know why you need an info about him. Stop digging past and move on. He doesnt play Rugby any more.
I guess he is working somewhere and have a shitty salary. He was playing in RC Army in the past.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Mon, 27 Mar 2017, 19:20

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby beber » Mon, 27 Mar 2017, 19:37

Also played for Vienne in Federale2
I think he will be better than Chiteishvili but probably not as good as Archuashvili
Still, he is the 8th georgian currently in Super Liga

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby zob79 » Mon, 27 Mar 2017, 21:07

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:
zob79 wrote:Can someone of our Georgian friends help me with some info about Ilya Surguladze, pls?

I know why you need an info about him. Stop digging past and move on. He doesnt play Rugby any more.
I guess he is working somewhere and have a shitty salary. He was playing in RC Army in the past.

Actually he's playing for Steaua Bucharest (just signed) - that's why I asked

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby zob79 » Mon, 27 Mar 2017, 21:12

beber wrote:

Also played for Vienne in Federale2
I think he will be better than Chiteishvili but probably not as good as Archuashvili
Still, he is the 8th georgian currently in Super Liga

He can't be worse than Chiteishvili, who was a total disaster. I even think he can be better than Archuashvili, because Micho hasn't done anything special since he came to Steaua. I'd expect from Ilya at least to dominate line outs, where we had huge problems in the first half of the season.

National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Postby Neptune » Fri, 31 Mar 2017, 13:23

Is the Didi 10 a professional league where players are paid bonuses + salaries and have a medical allowance?

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum