Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Georgia (Lelos)

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby beber » Wed, 18 Oct 2017, 14:57

Gela Aprasidze started flyhalf for Montpellier espoirs again and scored again a try

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Wed, 18 Oct 2017, 17:42

Aprasidze is oytstanding player. + he is kicking from 60+ meters.
I guess he will start to play for senior team quite soon.
He has to play in 6N+2 and U20 championship in 2018. That will be huge experience for him.

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby beber » Sun, 22 Oct 2017, 16:28

Mikheil Gachechiladze named man of the match against Newport Gwent Dragons.

Really hope to see him next month with Georgia

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Mon, 23 Oct 2017, 07:45

23-Oct-2017

http://site.rugby.ge/en/news-view/?news ... n%20France

THE LELOS SQUAD ANNOUNCED FOR 3 DAYS’ CAMP IN FRANCE

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby datodato » Mon, 23 Oct 2017, 07:52

What happened to Mchedlidze? Why isn‘t he in the squad for the November Tests?

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby sandro » Mon, 23 Oct 2017, 11:25

Mchedlidze is really a strange matter I hope he isn't injured. I olso expected Cheishvili and Pruidze in the extended squad.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Mon, 23 Oct 2017, 13:38

I was hoping to see Gachechiladze in the extended squad.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby sandro » Mon, 23 Oct 2017, 14:11

GeoRugby wrote:I was hoping to see Gachechiladze in the extended squad.

Instead of who?

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Mon, 23 Oct 2017, 14:24

sandro wrote:
GeoRugby wrote:I was hoping to see Gachechiladze in the extended squad.

Instead of who?

Nobody. I hope he will be given chance to be in the training squad and if he impresses, put him on the team.

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby beber » Mon, 23 Oct 2017, 17:30

Experienced squad

I'm a bit worried about the terrible shape of the tighthead props.
After 7 Top14 Days, Chilachava played only 3 games (started 1), Kubriashvili 2 games (both started) and Akhobadze 3 games (started 1). Not a single other georgian tighthead played more than 1 game, including Bekoshvili. Meanwhile, Peikrishvili did not play a single Pro14 minute.

Nice to see Vakhtang Maisuradze back with Georgia. Cheishvili's absence is curious.

In the backrow, I know Beka Gorgadze is injured, but I think Gachechiladze deserved a spot considering his performances last 2 Challenge Cup campaigns.

I hoped to see Abzhandadze in the extented squad. Maybe too early to play for Georgia, but to train with the national team and make his debut next REC

The most notable absence is Mchedlidze. Is he injured? It's a big blow for the Lelos... Pruidze also deserved a spot IMO.

Great to see Kveseladze in the squad, I really like this young player. Also nice to see Modebadze, I hope he will confirm the hopes and he will take the #15 spot in a near future

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Mon, 23 Oct 2017, 17:43

Beber Modebadze must prove that he is better than Meko or Matiashvili to become #15.
Considering that Meko has 106 caps and matiashvili is also promising back, he has to prove to coaches that he is the next Full backnof Lelos. AT THE TIME both meko and Matiashvili are ahead of him, so...

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby umea » Mon, 23 Oct 2017, 19:49

from GRU facebook page

National Flag:
AfghanistanAfghanistan

Postby lelopride » Mon, 23 Oct 2017, 21:11

beber wrote:Experienced squad

I'm a bit worried about the terrible shape of the tighthead props.
After 7 Top14 Days, Chilachava played only 3 games (started 1), Kubriashvili 2 games (both started) and Akhobadze 3 games (started 1). Not a single other georgian tighthead played more than 1 game, including Bekoshvili. Meanwhile, Peikrishvili did not play a single Pro14 minute.

Nice to see Vakhtang Maisuradze back with Georgia. Cheishvili's absence is curious.

In the backrow, I know Beka Gorgadze is injured, but I think Gachechiladze deserved a spot considering his performances last 2 Challenge Cup campaigns.

I hoped to see Abzhandadze in the extented squad. Maybe too early to play for Georgia, but to train with the national team and make his debut next REC

The most notable absence is Mchedlidze. Is he injured? It's a big blow for the Lelos... Pruidze also deserved a spot IMO.

Great to see Kveseladze in the squad, I really like this young player. Also nice to see Modebadze, I hope he will confirm the hopes and he will take the #15 spot in a near future

I had my worries about the front row for a long time. After the departure of Zirakashvili non of the players (except Nariashvili) seem to be at that world class level (Like Zirakashvili or Jgenti, Kakovin in their better days). But somehow front row always delivers good performance which allows us to gain much needed advantage.

Mchedlidze situation is strange, maybe he will be called up later. Other than that it is a good balanced team.

Good to see Sutiashvili and Maisuradze back. I still think Gorgodze could have been a great asset at the second row. Looking forward to seeing Matiashvili and Koshadze.

National Flag:
IsraelIsrael

Postby ZUKER » Tue, 24 Oct 2017, 10:27

To reply to somebody above - Pruidze is injured after SF clash. I believe he would be in the Squad anyway.

Gachicheladze was very strong in Final stage of Russian Champ and versus Dragons last Sat. Sadly to do not see him in the extended Squad.

The first row of Lelos + Kote are not on the appropriate level still (except Nariashvili), that`s indeed. Will hope Milton shake them all.

Very strange story with Mchedlidze. He wasnt ivited for the Lelos now and left the list of Agen last 4 games. He is not in the medical list of Agen as well.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Tue, 24 Oct 2017, 11:50

I would have expected to see Soso Matiashvili too, he had a good game vs Argentina.

Lack of depth at second row may be an issue, any young player in under age teams who we could expect to step up?

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Tue, 24 Oct 2017, 12:18

Lasha Jaiani looks like a promising guy. Actually all the U20 locks from this year tournament in Georgia looks ok but they need time. Lock can be a difficult position to play at a young age against seniors players, of course if you are not Eben Etzebeth :).

Postby 4N » Tue, 24 Oct 2017, 13:15

If you have the build for it and don't require additional gym time, locks can play from their early 20s easily. Adam Coleman, Itoje, Lavanini etc. Retallick got his first cap around age 20.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Tue, 24 Oct 2017, 13:50

4N wrote:If you have the build for it and don't require additional gym time, locks can play from their early 20s easily. Adam Coleman, Itoje, Lavanini etc. Retallick got his first cap around age 20.

Those are freaks...as Etzebeth

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Tue, 24 Oct 2017, 15:22

Well, 2 promising Locks arr currently in U20 team, both born in 1998 and it is still not right to put them in senior squad due to physical issus. They will come handy after 2019 RWC buy untill than Georgia has enough Locks like
Nemsadze
Mikautadze
Tcheishvili
Maisuradze
And guys from French championships.

Anyeays i dont think Canada is much of a threat, Wales match will be huge and that USA who are in better shape than Canadians but dont stand a chance in Tbilisi.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby datodato » Tue, 24 Oct 2017, 17:46

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:Well, 2 promising Locks arr currently in U20 team, both born in 1998 and it is still not right to put them in senior squad due to physical issus. They will come handy after 2019 RWC buy untill than Georgia has enough Locks like
Nemsadze
Mikautadze
Tcheishvili
Maisuradze

Anyeays i dont think Canada is much of a threat, Wales match will be huge and that USA who are in better shape than Canadians but dont stand a chance in Tbilisi.

Agree but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Last time we lost against USA at home. No match a safe win.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Wed, 25 Oct 2017, 15:26

I would like to see Modebadze as a game time substitute for Meko in at least couple games if he impresses in training. Haig seems to prefer Matiashvili as winger(He mentioned it in an interview a while back), so If Modebadze gets his chance, I`ll be happy.

National Flag:
BelgiumBelgium

Postby Harry » Fri, 27 Oct 2017, 06:43

Truly hope we'll see this backline during the Canada game.

9. Lobzhanidze
10. Aprasidze
11. Todua
12. Sharikadze
13. Koshadze
14. Matiashvili
15. Kvirikashvili

Too bad Svanidze hasn't been included in the squad. I would have put him at fullback.

National Flag:
WalesWales

Postby Figaro » Fri, 27 Oct 2017, 11:11

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:Well, 2 promising Locks arr currently in U20 team, both born in 1998 and it is still not right to put them in senior squad due to physical issus. They will come handy after 2019 RWC buy untill than Georgia has enough Locks like
Nemsadze
Mikautadze
Tcheishvili
Maisuradze

I have tickets for the Wales game, am getting hyped! What do you guys think of your chances? The average Welsh fan has the game down as the only one we will win this Autumn; they're playing Australia the week before and New Zealand the week after so they will want to rest some key players. Gatland has named an "experimental" Wales squad with the least experience we've seen in years - there are 5 uncapped players and another 6 who won their first caps on the summer tour of the Pacific Islands; 15 of the 36 have fewer than 10 caps. I don't think Georgia will win but we often do fairly badly against the T2 teams in the Autumn; last year we nearly lost to Japan, a couple of years ago we only beat Tonga by 8 points or so and we've lost to Samoa in the past. I think Georgia will surprise the Wales fans and be within a score.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Fri, 27 Oct 2017, 14:05

Figaro wrote:
Nemsadze
Mikautadze
Tcheishvili
Maisuradze

I have tickets for the Wales game, am getting hyped! What do you guys think of your chances? The average Welsh fan has the game down as the only one we will win this Autumn; they're playing Australia the week before and New Zealand the week after so they will want to rest some key players. Gatland has named an "experimental" Wales squad with the least experience we've seen in years - there are 5 uncapped players and another 6 who won their first caps on the summer tour of the Pacific Islands; 15 of the 36 have fewer than 10 caps. I don't think Georgia will win but we often do fairly badly against the T2 teams in the Autumn; last year we nearly lost to Japan, a couple of years ago we only beat Tonga by 8 points or so and we've lost to Samoa in the past. I think Georgia will surprise the Wales fans and be within a score.

Wales should win, but Georgia have been slowly improving against tier 1 nations. There is a clear progress. Biggest problem is discipline. Georgian players always get sinbinned(justly or not) whenever they play against tier1, and when that happens, they always find themselves in trouble. If they can improve in that area, I think it will be an entertaining game.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Fri, 27 Oct 2017, 18:34

GeoRugby wrote:
Figaro wrote:
Nemsadze
Mikautadze
Tcheishvili
Maisuradze

Wales should win, but Georgia have been slowly improving against tier 1 nations. There is a clear progress. Biggest problem is discipline. Georgian players always get sinbinned(justly or not) whenever they play against tier1, and when that happens, they always find themselves in trouble. If they can improve in that area, I think it will be an entertaining game.

I'm pretty pessimistic tbh, our best players either retired or are on the verge of retirement. Youngsters aren't on the level to bet Tier 1 teams yet.
Don't Pray For Easy lives, Pray for enough Beer!

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum