Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Georgia (Lelos)

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby 4N » Tue, 09 Jan 2018, 17:34

Sharikadze is one of my favorite players. So strong for his size. Never gives less than 100%.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Tue, 09 Jan 2018, 18:40

Certain people on Georgian forums questioned the idea of Sharikadze being a captain but think he is the perfect one. He was already a good player but I agree that he has improved even more. I think he truly cherishes and doesn't take for granted being Georgia captain. I like his leadership skills as well.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Tue, 09 Jan 2018, 18:43

Congratulations to #TheLelos finest, Georgia's all time best player and try scorer, former Captain Mamuka Gorgodze & his wife on the birth of their third baby

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby beber » Tue, 09 Jan 2018, 22:21

Montpellier added Aprasidze on its EPCR list
http://www.planetrugby.com/news/eight-m ... up-squads/

From french newspaper, including L'Equipe, Aprasidze is the favorite to start against Exeter. Another option is Cruden at scrumhalf with Steyn flyhalf

National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Postby Scoob » Wed, 10 Jan 2018, 03:49

by RugbyPUBtbilisi » Wed, 10 Jan 2018, 05:29
2017 break through players in my opinion:

1 - Joseph Matiashvili - no comment
2 - Mirian Modebadze (he needs some hard-core training to improve speed though)
3 - Gela Aprasidze (he has another U20 JRWC to play this year)
4 - Giorgi Kveseladze (He desperately needs experience)
5 - Merab Sharikadze - Our new captain has surprisingly improved at his age of 24-25

Well i will give you my 2018 players to look out for,and i think they all will play some sort of roll in lelos this year.
They will probably be selected to go to under 20 world cup this year and these 5 players are world class for there age and will determine how far good Georgia will go against Sth Africa,Ireland and France in pool play and weather the team can believe in themselves to beat 1 or more of these countries.

hooker Levan or Guram? the hooker anyway. Papidze. Small but strong,and excellent ball carrier.Very good in lineouts and scrum.
Prop Guram Gogichashvili. Mentioned as one of the best props in 2017 under 20s, had a great tournament.
Loose forward Beka Saghinadze. He was outstanding last year in under 20s.Good off loading game,strong ball carries,good in lineout.
Halfback Gela Aprasidze. I think everyone knows about this guy anyway.
First five Tedo Abzhandadze. I know Milton Haig really likes this guy,got great acceleration,reads the play well,great goal and line kicker.
All these players need to prove to Haig that they are better than any incumbent,so it might be hard for the front rowers to push for lelos selection due to depth in those positions.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby zaal » Thu, 11 Jan 2018, 13:55

Montpellier
15. Henry Immelman; 14. Gabriel N'gandebe, 13. Frans Steyn, 12. Jan Serfontein, 11. Nemani Nadolo; 10. Aaron Cruden, 9. Gela Aprasidze; 1. Mikheil Nariashvili, 2. Bismarck Du Plessis, 3. Johannes Jonker, 4. Nicholaas Van Rensburg, 5. Konstantine Mikautadze, 6. Julien Bardy, 7. Yacouba Camara, 8. Louis Picamoles
16. Romain Ruffenach, 17. Grégory Fichten, 18. Mohamed Haouas, 19. Julien Delannoy, 20. Kelian Galletier, 21. Jesse Mogg, 22. Joe Tomane, 23.

Afrasidze to start against Exeter! Good luck!!!

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Thu, 11 Jan 2018, 17:07

Aprasidze will get his chance at the age of 19.

i believe he will do well and Montpellier will win this match.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby datodato » Thu, 11 Jan 2018, 18:55

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:Aprasidze will get his chance at the age of 19.

A lot of people back in Georgia will watch this game. He must be the first back to play in the Champions Cup for Georgia and also the first Tier2 U20 player (maybe even for some Tier1 countries) who played Champions Cup and U20 World Cup in the same season.

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby beber » Thu, 11 Jan 2018, 19:14

datodato wrote:

A lot of people back in Georgia will watch this game. He must be the first back to play in the Champions Cup for Georgia and also the first Tier2 U20 player (maybe even for some Tier1 countries) who played Champions Cup and U20 World Cup in the same season.

Beeman claimed he is the second back to play Champions Cup. Irakli Giorgadze for Dax played 6 Champions Cup (Heineken Cup) in 2005 and 2006.
http://www.epcrugby.fr/info/archives_jo ... ef=dynamic

But I think that Aprasidze would be the youngest georgian to play a Champions Cup.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby datodato » Thu, 11 Jan 2018, 19:23

beber wrote:
datodato wrote:

Beeman claimed he is the second back to play Champions Cup. Irakli Giorgadze for Dax played 6 Champions Cup (Heineken Cup) in 2005 and 2006.
http://www.epcrugby.fr/info/archives_jo ... ef=dynamic

But I think that Aprasidze would be the youngest georgian to play a Champions Cup.

Saw his Tweet after I wrote my post. I guess you are right, he has to be the youngest Georgian but is he also the youngest ever maybe? Marcus Smith didn‘t played until now. Not sure.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Fri, 12 Jan 2018, 10:21

Did anyone see this? Scotland could be first tier 1 nation to visit Tbilisi before the World Cup. I hope it is true.
https://twitter.com/sdm_robertson?lang=en

National Flag:
MacauMacau

Postby olivier » Fri, 12 Jan 2018, 10:49

It's true and already signed. My source is very sure. I'm surprised the information get out so early. The international schedule will have more few surprises in the coming months.

Postby 4N » Fri, 12 Jan 2018, 11:38

GeoRugby wrote:Did anyone see this? Scotland could be first tier 1 nation to visit Tbilisi before the World Cup. I hope it is true.
https://twitter.com/sdm_robertson?lang=en

Great news.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Fri, 12 Jan 2018, 12:49

Delightful news. This is Huge!
Don't Pray For Easy lives, Pray for enough Beer!

Previous

Return to Rugby Forum